HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brayden Schenn to the leafs

Old
02-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Pi

vCash: 100
Why the obsession with Brayden Schenn, fellow Leaf fans? If he wasn't Luke's brother, I can't think of a reason why we would want him for the price he would command.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Kulemon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveleaf View Post
I always get a kick out of these threads. One says no way! The other not enough or too much! haha

Gardiner is a highly valued commodity for a young player. We all know puck moving d-men are sought after commodities and ones that are rookies on ELC's are even more attractive.

My guess is that the Flyers don't move the young Schenn but want his brother. I say Couterier + a 2nd or 3rd round pic for Luke should get it done. Flyers have a young shut down man, clears out the log jam in the middle and puts two brothers together that are made for the orange and black. Luke would be a good fit on that team and a force.
Flyers value couturier as much as the fins value granlund. It's hilarious and ridiculous.

They'd probably want kessel, schenn, grabovski, and a first

Kulemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:45 AM
hatterson
Global Moderator

vCash: 874
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
Flyers are looking for a top-pairing guy right now. Your offer doesn't fill a need for the Flyers.
2nd highest ES TOI on the team (17.24mins), 53rd in the league right now, 2nd highest QUALCOMP on the team, lowest OZONE start, 3rd highest OZONE finish, lowest QUALTEAM and he's a +5, lowest GAON/60.

He's playing like a very solid first pairing dman right now

02-09-2012, 10:50 AM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant123 View Post
I realize that but points still haven't started coming. Like I said, until he starts to produce more, I won't think the world of him. If he does start to produce more, and for an extended period (not a Sam Gagner) then my opinion will probably change.
Using that logic, no prospect has any potential until it shows up on a stat sheet.

Schenn has looked really good over the past 3 weeks or so - he really looks like he's settling in. Have whatever opinion of him you want - that's obviously your right - I just think it's silly to use his 1 month point total as evidence that he's overrated.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Flyers value couturier as much as the fins value granlund. It's hilarious and ridiculous.

They'd probably want kessel, schenn, grabovski, and a first
Couturier is a 19 year old rookie who is top 10 in rookie scoring among forwards, all while playing on the 4th line getting little to no PP time and is one of the leading PK'ers for the Flyers.

You overvalue Gardiner in every thread.

Couturier >>>>>>>> Gardiner.

edit: Gardiner is a promising player too.

Last edited by Roo Mad Bro: 02-09-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Couturier is a 19 year old rookie who is top 10 in rookie scoring among forwards, all while playing on the 4th line getting little to no PP time and is one of the leading PK'ers for the Flyers.

You overvalue Gardiner in every thread.

Couturier >>>>>>>> Gardiner.
Gardiner is leading rookie D in scoring and since he Gained confidence with his offense he has 9 points in 12 games. He also plays solid defensively. He's also second in rookie TOI on the better defense core than the leader (larsson) and leads rookiesd in plus minus and is top 3 in blocked shots and second in takeaways (while also being near the top in giveaways). Plays both PK and PP and like I mentioned earlier is leading rookie d in scoring but has less PP time than Larsson (who is second in rookie d scoring) and more PK time than larsson.

We dont overvalue gardiner he is just really promising and next to untouchable like you say couturier is. There is a reason we both value these players so highly

Kulemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:20 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveleaf View Post
My guess is that the Flyers don't move the young Schenn but want his brother. I say Couterier + a 2nd or 3rd round pic for Luke should get it done. Flyers have a young shut down man, clears out the log jam in the middle and puts two brothers together that are made for the orange and black. Luke would be a good fit on that team and a force.
Couturier's value is greater than L. Schenn's. The Flyers wouldn't send Couturier for a deal in which Schenn was the main piece, let alone add to get just him. You and a few others are making your entire fanbase look like crazy people.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Gunnarson is a top pairing guy and is one of the most underrated players in the NHL. He is also still young. Check your ****.
Like Matt Carle was a top-pairing defenseman when he was playing with Pronger?

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Like Matt Carle was a top-pairing defenseman when he was playing with Pronger?
Are you saying Phaneuf is like Pronger??? Awesome...thanks!!!

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Are you saying Phaneuf is like Pronger??? Awesome...thanks!!!
Insofar as he is Toronto's 1D, and Pronger was Philadelphia's 1D, yes, I am saying that. There's nothing in there that compares the quality of the top-defenseman.

In other words, the same way that Tyler Bozak is "like" Giroux (first-line center), or, for that matter, that Phil Kessel is "like" Kyle Okposo (first-line RW).

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Schenn + Hartnell

for

Phaneuf + McKegg

which side do I get flamed by ?

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Insofar as he is Toronto's 1D, and Pronger was Philadelphia's 1D, yes, I am saying that. There's nothing in there that compares the quality of the top-defenseman.

In other words, the same way that Tyler Bozak is "like" Giroux (first-line center), or, for that matter, that Phil Kessel is "like" Kyle Okposo (first-line RW).

I guess my point was Gunner has been excellent paired with Phaneuf (who is no Pronger), so he should slot into the Flyers top pairing as well.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
Schenn + Hartnell

for

Phaneuf + McKegg

Again...i gotta ask, Braydon Schenn has been a TOP prospect since his draft year of 2009, were since then he has played in 34 NHL games and compiled a whopping 10 points and a combined -6. Why in the Hell are we offering our captain for the guy?

Old
02-09-2012, 11:50 AM
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent

vCash: 50
Pairing up brothers never works, just ask the Sedins

seafoam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Kyosuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
Luke Schenn's value is dropping more and more because Leaf's fans are proposing him in trades on the internet???

As for replacing Pronger, there is but one player in the entire world that can fill Pronger's skates...and I don't think Boston has put him on the market.
I was talking about his value to the people who don't know **** about his game on these boards. Here, we're making hypothetical proposals in order to see what will likely happen with our clubs --thank god most of us aren't GMs/scouts. I'm not saying Schenn is a bad player nor is anyone else associated with TML; heck, I still value Kadri even though he's fallen off many other people's radars and how people consider him to be a bust (the kid is still young an oozes potential just needs to mature and get used to the next level). I just find it ridiculous how I've been seeing so many proposals involving L.Schenn for crazy returns or as a throw in to an already horrible deal. Forgive me if I hit a nerve in any of you.

Kyosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:51 AM
RyK15*

Schenn for Komisarek

RyK15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:54 AM
IWD
Playoff-hardened

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
When did Jake Gardiner become the next Weber and Suter?

You leaf fans have over valued your players big time in this thread. Big time.

And Drur93, Kadri and Schenn are not on the same level. Schenn has a way higher ceiling while being the safer pick to become a top 6er. You will see first hand tonight why he is still ranked one of the best prospects in the world.

PS: your avatar is pretty neat.
Schenn has never had the higher ceiling, according to scouting reports. Schenn was the safer pick with lower upside, but intangibles. Kadri is the riskier pick with higher skill and upside. That has always been the case.

You're overvaluing Schenn's potential based on intangibles, not skill.

Your GM wants our players, but I'd imagine that he's actually willing to give value.

IWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:02 PM
bobbyt91
you must quote me :P

I really think Gunnarsson and 2012 1st for B.Schenn works. Philly gets a stud who can play 20min+ great on the PK and can play the PP too if asked. Gunnarsson plays like he has ice water in his veins and seems to always make the right decision defensively. The knock Philly fans may have is he isn't a huge hitting D man, he will hit but he prefers to use positioning, stick work and his smarts to get out of bad spots. B.Schenn may not give the Leafs the immediate help they want but if they develop Schenn and Kadri right the Leafs could have a skilled pair (who have played together before) for many years. As far as Gardiner goes he is in much the same class as Couturier sp? for Philly fans---untouchable. In 15 years from now when Gardiner has 3+ Norris trophies and Couturier has a few hearts I'm sure both teams will be glad they held onto their guy Also including L.Schenn in a deal for B.Schenn makes sense for neither team, either Schenn is coveted to be united with their Bro. If L.Schenn were to be going to Philly then Briere should be the target. Add a piece to L.Schenn and Briere can be our #1C.
Tonight Leafs are in Philly and watch Gardiner tonight and I'm willing many Flyer fans will see why he is considered 100% untouchable

bobbyt91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:25 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Toronto gets the two best players in this deal probably now and in the future.
best player in the deal is Franson ...and that is not saying much.

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
Okay this is just ridiculous. I have absolutely nothing to say to this... it's shocking actually.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:40 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
I really think Gunnarsson and 2012 1st for B.Schenn works. Philly gets a stud who can play 20min+ great on the PK and can play the PP too if asked. Gunnarsson plays like he has ice water in his veins and seems to always make the right decision defensively. The knock Philly fans may have is he isn't a huge hitting D man, he will hit but he prefers to use positioning, stick work and his smarts to get out of bad spots. B.Schenn may not give the Leafs the immediate help they want but if they develop Schenn and Kadri right the Leafs could have a skilled pair (who have played together before) for many years. As far as Gardiner goes he is in much the same class as Couturier sp? for Philly fans---untouchable. In 15 years from now when Gardiner has 3+ Norris trophies and Couturier has a few hearts I'm sure both teams will be glad they held onto their guy Also including L.Schenn in a deal for B.Schenn makes sense for neither team, either Schenn is coveted to be united with their Bro. If L.Schenn were to be going to Philly then Briere should be the target. Add a piece to L.Schenn and Briere can be our #1C.
Tonight Leafs are in Philly and watch Gardiner tonight and I'm willing many Flyer fans will see why he is considered 100% untouchable

I really think that's not even close at all. Easy pass on Gunnarsson. Easy pass on anything involving Brayden Schenn for the Leafs in a realistic sense of matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I guess my point was Gunner has been excellent paired with Phaneuf (who is no Pronger), so he should slot into the Flyers top pairing as well.
Over Timonen and Coburn? No.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
franson? you mean the guy who was constantly in the press box until injuries happened? yeah, makes sense

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:47 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
Schenn + Hartnell

for

Phaneuf + McKegg

No from Philly.

SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:56 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
Schenn has never had the higher ceiling, according to scouting reports. Schenn was the safer pick with lower upside, but intangibles. Kadri is the riskier pick with higher skill and upside. That has always been the case.
Really? Is that why Kadri was an 8.0C on HF in 2011, while Schenn was an 8.5C? Wouldn't Kadri be "only" a 6.4? You're contradicting yourself all over the place.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Dangles View Post
relax bud, it's called a negotiation. If somebody asked me to change it to a 2012 first I would.
You're a pretty bad negotiator.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote