HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Curtis Glencross

Old
02-11-2012, 12:43 AM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CISSP View Post
Outside of pure cap dumps and non superstar rookies, every core player has more value to the team than a team outside.

We are talking about pure value here which is realistically in terms of draft picks and late first and a mid to early second rounder. IN TERMS OF VALUE.

Bring up trade deadline, and you could maybe float a deal that skitters around 2 late firsts (22-30 range) or a late first and an early second.
what i meant was its really easy to look at his stats and TOI etc and say "This player is worth this much - or has comparable stats to this player so theyd be a fair swap" etc.
in reality though Glencross brings a lot more to the team than what can be calculated on the ice.

and i'm not too sure about your first statement. it all depends on team's needs and who they get in return. some teams would be very willing to part ways w a core player (and even with a reduced return) if it means they can fill a hole elsewhere. Meanwhile the player being shipped out could be a player who the other team is salivating over and is just what they need to turn things around. In that case the players value is a lot more to the outside team.

uncleben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Sharksfan83

Soo. Sharks 1st and Minn 2nd? Or Sharks 1st and any prospect apart from Nieto I guess, and thats not because Nieto is our best prospect (which he isn't) but more to do with the fact that he's our only prospect of his kind.

Sharksfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 01:55 AM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Would love to see him in a Sabres jersey, no chance in hell though..

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 02:00 AM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 150
Decent 1st (15-20) and a good prospect a guy like Olson in Chicago for example.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 02:17 AM
tempest2i
You and Whose Army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Decent 1st (15-20) and a good prospect a guy like Olson in Chicago for example.
I agree with your 1st and a prospect if Glencross is traded before the deadline this season. His potential return will be higher at the deadline when not many teams are selling.

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 02:18 AM
CISSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch67 View Post
Thanks we will keep him, and at this point, I don't know why your bringing CalgaryPuck into this at all.

And its clear that you don't understand comparibles

Glencross has a longer contract with a smaller cap hit He had more goals then Ruutu last year, and is ahead of him in scoring this year with far less games.

Ruutu is a UFA, Glencross is a primary penalty killer Ruutu is not.

Your comparable is garbage.
I bring up Cpuck as I live in Calgary, post on the boards and follow the team. I follow the Flames and can say for certain that ignoring contracts Glencross has a comprable value to Ruutu. NOT THE SAME. It may be less or more and is entirely dependent on what a team is looking for in a forward.

You forget that Ruutu plays for the Canes which is pretty much a gong-show team in the NHL, whereas Glencross plays for a decent team in the Flames. No matter how much the fans like to bash the team, the Flames are just 2 points out of 8th.

CISSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 02:48 AM
Paper

Quote:
I bring up Cpuck as I live in Calgary, post on the boards and follow the team. I follow the Flames and can say for certain that ignoring contracts Glencross has a comprable value to Ruutu. NOT THE SAME. It may be less or more and is entirely dependent on what a team is looking for in a forward.

You forget that Ruutu plays for the Canes which is pretty much a gong-show team in the NHL, whereas Glencross plays for a decent team in the Flames. No matter how much the fans like to bash the team, the Flames are just 2 points out of 8th.
If you're talking about value and ignoring contract, especially the difference between a signed player and a UFA, there is absolutely 0 point.

Also the Canes last year finished 2 points out of 8th.

Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Honestly, I think Calgary is the only team on the league where GlenX is a second-line winger. And I don't mean that in the traditional sense of "they suck so much that that's where he plays", I mean that he cares so much about Calgary that he actually performs for 'em much more than he would otherwise.

I think it'd be disastrous to trade him or trade for him for all involved.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 12:35 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Honestly, I think Calgary is the only team on the league where GlenX is a second-line winger. And I don't mean that in the traditional sense of "they suck so much that that's where he plays", I mean that he cares so much about Calgary that he actually performs for 'em much more than he would otherwise.

I think it'd be disastrous to trade him or trade for him for all involved.
This is a good point he owes alot of success to Olli who has really helped him but it is not different than Burrows in vancouver.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 01:54 PM
CaptainCrunch67

Quote:

Even ignoring the contracts, Glenncross is performing better, he's outscored him this year with far less games and had more goals last year. He's a stronger special teams player then Ruutu and I'd have to believe that he's a core leader on the team, based on eveything I've heard from the local media.

Glenncross just has a lot more value then Ruutu, if you do bring contracts in its not close at all.

I just don't see the comparable.

And according to most on this board, Calgary is a gong show team in need of a rebuild.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Bennett Brauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdsmack267 View Post
I think Glencross would fit in nicely in Pitt and he has a pretty nice cap hit.

Tyler Kennedy
2nd round pick
(Another prospect?)

Curtis Glencross
I would do that for Lee Stempniak minus the prospect and making the pick a 3rd.

Would Calgary be interested?

Bennett Brauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
I would do that for Lee Stempniak minus the prospect and making the pick a 3rd.

Would Calgary be interested?
Probably, but Lee likely won't be playing another game this season.

Ashasx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 02:20 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
He has become our version of Alex Burrows and if you ask any Canuck fan Burrows is worth way more to them than any one else, the same goes for GlenX.
Yup. It's a value for production deal and to replace that you need almost a sure fire replacement that's younger.

(Also what's with the 'GlenX'? o_O Should that not read 'scoreface'?)

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 03:04 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Yup. It's a value for production deal and to replace that you need almost a sure fire replacement that's younger.

(Also what's with the 'GlenX'? o_O Should that not read 'scoreface'?)
True but as the Gleninator I have final say on all things GlenX

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote