HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Boston @ Buffalo - 8th Feb

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2012, 02:26 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

vCash: 500
Boston @ Buffalo - 8th Feb

Thornton vs Weber

Classless move by Thornton, plus he decides to lay a complete beat down on Weber... Weber didn't stand a chance...

Thornton vs McCormick

Lucic vs Kaleta

Kaleta's just a pen!s for what he does here, goads Lucic and gets beat down... Then has the audacity to fire up the fans when he loses? Whats up with this idiot...

Old
02-09-2012, 03:24 AM
westernhome

well, they played a stinker of a game on the scoreboard, but at least they beat them up and won every fight

Old
02-09-2012, 04:18 AM
Eytinge

Weber for a big guy sucks at fighting...I don't mind what Thornton did, his team was down 4-0 and Weber decides to act tough with Paille after the whistle.

Old
02-09-2012, 06:14 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beville View Post
Thornton vs Weber

Classless move by Thornton, plus he decides to lay a complete beat down on Weber... Weber didn't stand a chance...Thornton vs McCormick

Lucic vs Kaleta

Kaleta's just a pen!s for what he does here, goads Lucic and gets beat down... Then has the audacity to fire up the fans when he loses? Whats up with this idiot...
How is what thornton did classless? Weber cross checks kelly down. Did he jump him yes.. still gave him ample opportunity to drop. And the only classless person on the ice that night was kaleta... and yes probabley marchand haha.

Old
02-09-2012, 07:15 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
How is what thornton did classless? Weber cross checks kelly down. Did he jump him yes.. still gave him ample opportunity to drop. And the only classless person on the ice that night was kaleta... and yes probabley marchand haha.
Pretty much (except it was Pouliot that got cross checked down), but again, it's the victim complex people seem to have when something happens with the B's. Weber deserved to get punched a few times for taking a liberty with a Bruin, that's the exact type of response we want from guys like Thornton and all teams want from their players.

If responding is classless now, then I'm happy the Bruins are that.

Old
02-09-2012, 07:18 AM
cashman rules*

Good job by the bruins,enforcing 101.

Old
02-09-2012, 07:34 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Pretty much (except it was Pouliot that got cross checked down), but again, it's the victim complex people seem to have when something happens with the B's. Weber deserved to get punched a few times for taking a liberty with a Bruin, that's the exact type of response we want from guys like Thornton and all teams want from their players.

If responding is classless now, then I'm happy the Bruins are that.
This.. I thought it was kelly since I saw him skate back into the picture before the fight started and after the cross check, my bad. But still.. its sticking up for your teammates. Something thats only a handful of fans actually get for some reason.

Old
02-09-2012, 07:35 AM
Aurel Joliat

Draw
Lucic
Thoronton : What a classless player ! Moron. Responding to what ?? I like fights but that's just a classless move by a stupid human being

Old
02-09-2012, 07:37 AM
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS

vCash: 50
Bruins kicked our ***** all night long, but we never backed down and I'm proud of my team for that.

As for classless... How about Lucic's slash to the back of Kaleta's head while he's down? Is that classless? Weber isn't a fighter, and he's a sophomore for gods sakes, this isn't some grizzled vet. I understand wanting to back up your teammate but give the kid time to prepare himself, Jesus. Thornton just started attacking him.

Last edited by start winnin: 02-09-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old
02-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Fire Sweeney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
Thornton is fast to jump on non-fighters like Weber or Hamrlik but he ***** his pants when Sestito throws a headshot on Horton

Old
02-09-2012, 09:16 AM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss The Ring View Post
Thornton is fast to jump on non-fighters like Weber or Hamrlik but he ***** his pants when Sestito throws a headshot on Horton
What?????

Anyways, since seeing Kaleta eat a fist is always nice, here's one more skirmish from that game.

Old
02-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Lonny Bohonos
$15mil Mentor-pede

Lol kudos to Kalets he can certainly take a punch or 5.

Best part is Lucic just turns around to go into the box

Old
02-09-2012, 10:21 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

If you're going to call anyone in the league "classless", pick someone other than Shawn Thornton.

Ok, he gives Pominville a poke in the back. So what? This is the NHL, that stuff happens non-stop.

Weber decides to be a tough guy and cheapshot Pouliot. Think he does that if he realizes Thornton is coming off the bench behind him? Not only does he get what's coming to him, but Thornton lets him off easy at the end when he's vulnerable.

The Sabres wanted Thornton to answer for it, fair enough. He obliged the first guy who asked.

What part of any of this is classless on Thornton's part? The little jab at Pominville? Put on your big girl panties, ladies.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:13 AM
TheAbominableSabres

Thornton vs McCormick = Id call this one a pretty even scrap, a good way to set the tone for the game. Thornton may get a slight edge here but I give props to Cody for going toe to toe with him and doing a descent job.

Lucic vs Kaleta = I mean Kaleta may have gotten his face rocked here but he did a FINE job of agitating the entire Bruins team especially Lucic and I think pumping up the crowd after he lost the fight was awesome because even though Lucic won the fight Kaleta still finds a way to piss off the Bruins more heh. Also, I liked Kaleta's intensity entering this fight much more than when Gaustad squared off with Lucic the previous game. Kaleta came out swinging (Though he missed legitimately every punch) he had a good spark going unlike Gaustad who looked like a scared kid going against Lucic.

Thornton vs Weber = I think Thornton overreacted a bit and totally beat the piss out of Weber for no real reason. The win obviously goes to Thornton but Weber never even had a chance to get both his gloves off so its tough. Not saying that Weber would win regardless but he would have fared better anyway.

Kaleta vs McQuaid? = Umm, Kaleta gets dogged and tries to slam McQuaid but seeing as the guy is 6'4 and a pretty tough customer it just looks like kaleta holding on for dear life and in the end McQuaid gets a good sucker in much to the delight of probably every non Sabre fan in the league.

Overall I think its obvious that Boston will come out on top when it comes to gooning it up against the Sabres 90% of the time but Im glad that the Sabres showed a lot of intensity throughout this game. Its like since Lindy Ruff wasnt on the bench they got to play the game the way they wanted to. Hell, fire Ruff tonight :p

Old
02-09-2012, 11:19 AM
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplaya00 View Post
Thornton vs McCormick = Id call this one a pretty even scrap, a good way to set the tone for the game. Thornton may get a slight edge here but I give props to Cody for going toe to toe with him and doing a descent job.

Lucic vs Kaleta = I mean Kaleta may have gotten his face rocked here but he did a FINE job of agitating the entire Bruins team especially Lucic and I think pumping up the crowd after he lost the fight was awesome because even though Lucic won the fight Kaleta still finds a way to piss off the Bruins more heh. Also, I liked Kaleta's intensity entering this fight much more than when Gaustad squared off with Lucic the previous game. Kaleta came out swinging (Though he missed legitimately every punch) he had a good spark going unlike Gaustad who looked like a scared kid going against Lucic. I have no problem with players throwing down, but Bruins fans talking about how soft other teams are is humorous especially when nearly their entire roster is composed of players just as soft.

Thornton vs Weber = I think Thornton overreacted a bit and totally beat the piss out of Weber for no real reason. The win obviously goes to Thornton but Weber never even had a chance to get both his gloves off so its tough. Not saying that Weber would win regardless but he would have fared better anyway.

Kaleta vs McQuaid? = Umm, Kaleta gets dogged and tries to slam McQuaid but seeing as the guy is 6'4 and a pretty tough customer it just looks like kaleta holding on for dear life and in the end McQuaid gets a good sucker in much to the delight of probably every non Sabre fan in the league.

Overall I think its obvious that Boston will come out on top when it comes to gooning it up against the Sabres 100% of the time but Im glad that the Sabres showed a lot of intensity throughout this game. Its like since Lindy Ruff wasnt on the bench they got to play the game the way they wanted to. Hell, fire Ruff tonight :p
Fixed. There's simply no way the Sabres can goon it up like Boston can. I also love how people call Kaleta a coward for turtling against McQuaid. Are you serious? Kaleta isn't a fighter, he's a pest. He throws down occasionally, but it's not his job to fight. You wouldn't see Marchand fighting someone like McQuaid would you? Honestly, Bruins fans act like their entire team is so tough, their entire team toughness is Chara, Thornton, Lucic and McQuaid. The rest are just as soft as the Sabres are. I have no problem with players throwing down, I have no problem with what Thornton did(although give the kid a chance to prepare himself). Nearly the entire Bruins team is composed of these so called 'soft' players, and they would be a lot softer if they weren't standing behind the freakazoids Lucic and Chara.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Blue Regime

From a neutral perspective, I saw nothing wrong with what Thornton did to Weber. The reason I'm against the instigator is because it allowed people like Weber to cross check unsuspecting players, and not be held accountable. Good for Thornton for holding him accountable despite getting an instigator (if it wasn't 4-0 this wouldn't have happened), and even better the refs gave Weber an extra 2 for roughing so there were no PP's.

McQuaid, on the other hand, delivered what looked to me like a blatantly late punch to Kaleta. Kaleta is a ***** and everyone knows it, but that doesn't give McQuaid the right to punch him after hes already turtled.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:34 AM
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Regime View Post
From a neutral perspective, I saw nothing wrong with what Thornton did to Weber. The reason I'm against the instigator is because it allowed people like Weber to cross check unsuspecting players, and not be held accountable. Good for Thornton for holding him accountable despite getting an instigator (if it wasn't 4-0 this wouldn't have happened), and even better the refs gave Weber an extra 2 for roughing so there were no PP's.

McQuaid, on the other hand, delivered what looked to me like a blatantly late punch to Kaleta. Kaleta is a ***** and everyone knows it, but that doesn't give McQuaid the right to punch him after hes already turtled.
I understand why Thornton did what he did too. Let me spin it in another way though, if someone like Couture or Skinner did that and Thornton unloaded on one of them, what do you think would happen? I thought the slash to the back of Kaleta's head from Lucic was even worse than what McQuaid or Thornton did.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Dabruins

I actually give credit to Kaleta for manning up and actually throwing with someone he knows he will probably lose against. He is an agitator, no one is supposed to like him except for the team he is on. There are lots of those guys but to see Kaleta actually agitate/frustrate the entire Bruins team, as well as getting on the score sheet, as well as back it up with fists against an opponent that could kill him. If Marchand did what Kaleta did, Bruins fans would be loving it!

As i said, at least Kaleta willingly dropped his gloves and showed some balls (as much as i hate him and loved seeing him get his ass kicked). Unlike some other agitators we know (Lapierre, Burrows)

Old
02-09-2012, 11:46 AM
KevinMcHaleOnSkates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Fixed. There's simply no way the Sabres can goon it up like Boston can. I also love how people call Kaleta a coward for turtling against McQuaid. Are you serious? Kaleta isn't a fighter, he's a pest. He throws down occasionally, but it's not his job to fight. You wouldn't see Marchand fighting someone like McQuaid would you? Honestly, Bruins fans act like their entire team is so tough, their entire team toughness is Chara, Thornton, Lucic and McQuaid. The rest are just as soft as the Sabres are. I have no problem with players throwing down, I have no problem with what Thornton did(although give the kid a chance to prepare himself). Nearly the entire Bruins team is composed of these so called 'soft' players, and they would be a lot softer if they weren't standing behind the freakazoids Lucic and Chara.
The Bruins "tough guys" run more than four deep. Ference, Campbell and Boychuck all are legitimate tough guys and more than willing scrapers and hold their own. I wouldn't cross Seidenberg, either.

Horton is a fake tough guy, though. Maybe he is still un-learning everything he learned in Sunshine.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:49 AM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
That's real far from the truth.
Ference, Seidenberg, Boychuk, Horton, Bergeron, Kelly, Campbell- I don't think any knowledgeable hockey fan would deem any of those guys soft.

Yes, the real arsenal is the 4 you mentioned, but the Bruins are a fairly tough team up and down the lineup, and not just fighting tough either.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Dabruins

Quote:
I understand why Thornton did what he did too. Let me spin it in another way though, if someone like Couture or Skinner did that and Thornton unloaded on one of them, what do you think would happen? I thought the slash to the back of Kaleta's head from Lucic was even worse than what McQuaid or Thornton did.
2 Things,

It should be clear to any team that the Bruins dont **** around when it comes to protecting each other. Sometimes they might even go a little over board with that protection. Simple solution for other teams if you dont want to enrage Thornton/Lucic/Chara/McQuaid/Horton/Ference/Boychuk/Campbell/Kelly than dont agitate them with stupid **** (or if thats your game plan against the B's than do so, but be prepared for an ass kicking. Buf/Car have done well against us with this strategy in terms of winning the game)

Secondly, the Lucic incident was not a slash at all. You make it sound as if he skated by and two handed Kaleta. Lucic gave him a tap to the upper back. Wasnt on skin, wasnt vicious, more of a "i think your a piece of **** who has gotten under my skin so im gonna skate by and give ya a whack" type of play. Kaleta was fine not even a real grimace of pain and got right up to get into the fray. Wanted Ference, but got one tough hombre instead. The thing i find funny in that whole sequence is watching i believe Boyes (#22) just sit there and watch the whole thing happen. Although now that i see the clip again, there are 6-7 Sabres on the ice lol. So maybe he was not participating to avoid some penalty.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:51 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

I have more of an issue with Thornton chirping Pominville afterwards than before. You did your job, the game is out of hand, get off the ice.

And I don't get why people are acting like Kaleta got destroyed. He lost, yeah, but Lucic only landed like two good punches, and neither one of the shots he threw before Kaleta went down landed.

And McQuaid is a *****. He held on for dear life against McCormick last year, but has no problem A) being the third man in to a pretty even matchup. B) throwing on a downed opponent. He pulled the same **** on Gaustad earlier in the season too.

Old
02-09-2012, 11:52 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Let me spin it in another way though, if someone like Couture or Skinner did that and Thornton unloaded on one of them, what do you think would happen?
Seeing as Weber is 6'1" and has 22 fights in the pros, I'd say it bears no comparison to Skinner.

If Weber doesn't want to fight, he needs to stop doing things like crosschecking an unsuspecting opponent behind the play, or jumping into a fight as the 3rd man. Stuff like that singles him out as someone who wants to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabruins View Post
I actually give credit to Kaleta for manning up and actually throwing with someone he knows he will probably lose against.
You mean when he went after Ference for no obvious reason? McQuaid basically forced Kaleta to fight and he turtled immediately and then said "let's go" a bunch of times on his way to the locker room, how is that "manning up"?

Old
02-09-2012, 11:54 AM
bostone737

yaaaa, bruins won the fights, that was bruin's hockey and they still lost.. not terribly impressed, they need to get their heads out of their collective rear end..

props to the sabres, they took the physical beatings like a man and won the game

Old
02-09-2012, 11:54 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Weber for a big guy sucks at fighting...I don't mind what Thornton did, his team was down 4-0 and Weber decides to act tough with Paille after the whistle.
He's not even that big. He was under 200 when he first broke into the league despite being like 6'1" (by comparison, Johnny Boychuk is 220 while being the same height).

Closed Thread