HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Boston @ Buffalo - 8th Feb

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2012, 12:00 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
You mean when he went after Ference for no obvious reason? McQuaid basically forced Kaleta to fight and he turtled immediately and then said "let's go" a bunch of times on his way to the locker room, how is that "manning up"?
Because Andrew Ference doesn't fight and was nowhere near the scrum...

Kaleta has no reason to give up weight again in his second fight of the night with absolutely nothing to gain.

And it's cute that you brought up Weber's height without putting his weight into context. Compared to McQuaid and Boychuk, he's a string bean and an awful fighter.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:01 PM
bostone737

btw, don't see many fights where the guy gets that good of a hold on a jersey were they can swing both hands nearly equally effective like Lucic did vs Kaleta. Those weren't jabs with the hand with the jersey.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:04 PM
bostone737

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post

Kaleta has no reason to give up weight again in his second fight of the night with absolutely nothing to gain.

And it's cute that you brought up Weber's height without putting his weight into context. Compared to McQuaid and Boychuk, he's a string bean and an awful fighter.
not gonna get in between you 2, but ference is very capable of fighting

Old
02-09-2012, 12:05 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

I know that, I was being sarcastic. Kaleta/Ference is an even matchup, Kaleta/McQuaid isn't, and it's funny that certain Bruins fans/sympathizers are getting on Patty's case about holding on for dear life when that's exactly what Adam did when McCormick challenged him last season.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Dabruins

You mean when he went after Ference for no obvious reason? McQuaid basically forced Kaleta to fight and he turtled immediately and then said "let's go" a bunch of times on his way to the locker room, how is that "manning up"?[/QUOTE]

I was talking about when he willingly dropped the gloves with 6'4 220lb Milan Lucic. He got his ass kicked but you still gotta give him some respect for goin with a guy who should and did kill him.

The other incident I agree he held onto McQuaid for dear life and looked stupid after but how many players 6' or under have fought 2 guys who are 6'4 and are really good fighters in the same game?

Old
02-09-2012, 12:09 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
So, again, don't provoke fights if you don't want to fight. It's really not hard to understand this concept. Weber isn't Martin St. Louis out there, someone his size doesn't qualify under the "don't beat up little guys" ethic. He needs to either learn to fight or avoid stuff like that shot on Pouliot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabruins View Post
I was talking about when he willingly dropped the gloves with 6'4 220lb Milan Lucic. He got his ass kicked but you still gotta give him some respect for goin with a guy who should and did kill him.
Oh, that makes more sense. My bad

Old
02-09-2012, 12:14 PM
BudMovin*

vCash:
Quote:

Kaleta is heavier than Mcquaid by at least 10 lbs.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:15 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
I know that, I was being sarcastic. Kaleta/Ference is an even matchup, Kaleta/McQuaid isn't, and it's funny that certain Bruins fans/sympathizers are getting on Patty's case about holding on for dear life when that's exactly what Adam did when McCormick challenged him last season.
Holding on for dear life? Come on man.

McCormick had his hand wrapped up well. He couldn't get loose. McCormick's not scaring anyone on the Bruins.

Also, by your logic, since Cody has 25 pounds on him, McQuaid shouldn't have had to fight him anyways.

You guys won the game. Be happy. No need for silly revisionist history.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:20 PM
bostone737

ya, that doesn't look like Mcquaid was holding on for dear life, McCormick had a very good hold on his jersey

Old
02-09-2012, 12:22 PM
ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Quote:
Once he takes off the helmet and shield and quits yacking after he gets throttled,then he'll earn some respect!

Old
02-09-2012, 12:23 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

NHL weight listings are weird. There's no way Cody is 221, there's no way McQuaid is under 200.

Yahoo has McCormick at 211 and McQuaid at 209. I'd say that's a little closer to the truth.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:24 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

And I'll admit to being wrong there, that scrap was much more of an even grapple fest than I remember.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:28 PM
nycbruins*

Kaleta will be getting no respect from me anytime soon. The "man" headbutts people in the jaw consistently with a helmet. Enough said.

Glad the Sabres got a big win last night. Any minute now they'll be the powerhouse that all Sabres fans were projecting before the season.

Oh, you mean they are soft as tissue paper AND are a crappy team??

That's too bad. Well at least they get to live and play in....Buffalo?

Ouch. It's worse than I thought.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:36 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orriginal Six View Post
Once he takes off the helmet and shield and quits yacking after he gets throttled,then he'll earn some respect!
Kaleta will never get respect because that's his game. And anytime he answers the criticisms levied against him, people suddenly find something else he needs to do to "prove himself."

"He doesn't fight."
*Starts dropping the gloves.*

"He doesn't fight fighters."
*Fight card becomes a who's who of middleweights.*

"He's bad at it."
*Scores victories over various even matchups, including a dandy against Asham*

"He doesn't answer for his actions."
*Finally drops em with Paul Mara after breaking Mara's face.*

"He doesn't fight bigger opponents"
*Gives up weight to fight Schenn (I know he sucks at fighting, but still), Lucic, etc"

"He needs to be more humble"
*He just gave up weight to fight the Sabres' most hated player, at home. Oh noes, he's chirping.*

Face it, he got you your shrubbery, he doesn't have to chop down a tree with a herring. It.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:46 PM
ryedog*
Triple Gold Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Regime View Post

McQuaid, on the other hand, delivered what looked to me like a blatantly late punch to Kaleta. Kaleta is a ***** and everyone knows it, but that doesn't give McQuaid the right to punch him after hes already turtled.
Disagree. Whatever Kaleta gets, he has coming to him. I have absolutely no problem with anything that happenned to him in that game. Just wish Lucic could've landed one really clean punch, and knocked him out.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Therick67

Quote:
And I don't get why people are acting like Kaleta got destroyed. He lost, yeah, but Lucic only landed like two good punches, and neither one of the shots he threw before Kaleta went down landed.

Probably because he's trying to avoid the visor and not hurt his hand. If those two square of and go at it I have little doubt Lucic would hurt him.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:54 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Wow, what an embarrassing display from Kaleta. Love seeing him get fed, and turtle.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Therick67

Quote:
And McQuaid is a *****. He held on for dear life against McCormick last year, but has no problem A) being the third man in to a pretty even matchup. B) throwing on a downed opponent. He pulled the same **** on Gaustad earlier in the season too.

He can handle any one of those guys.

And when Kaleta plays like he doe's he gets what he gets, keep taunting and acting like a tough guy against a team like the Bruins and it will cost you.

How many times did McGuire mention it's probably not a good ideal to keep it up, 3 or 4?

Old
02-09-2012, 12:56 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Kaleta will never get respect because that's his game. And anytime he answers the criticisms levied against him, people suddenly find something else he needs to do to "prove himself."

"He doesn't fight."
*Starts dropping the gloves.*

"He doesn't fight fighters."
*Fight card becomes a who's who of middleweights.*

"He's bad at it."
*Scores victories over various even matchups, including a dandy against Asham*

"He doesn't answer for his actions."
*Finally drops em with Paul Mara after breaking Mara's face.*

"He doesn't fight bigger opponents"
*Gives up weight to fight Schenn (I know he sucks at fighting, but still), Lucic, etc"

"He needs to be more humble"
*He just gave up weight to fight the Sabres' most hated player, at home. Oh noes, he's chirping.*
Wait, so you think one example makes up for a career of that?

How about the actual number 1 criticism, he turtles way too much.

Old
02-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Thornton is probably pissed that he has to take beatings from top heavyweights so Lucic doesn't have to, so he takes it out on non fighters when he gets a chance.

Old
02-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Thornton is probably pissed that he has to take beatings from top heavyweights so Lucic doesn't have to, so he takes it out on non fighters when he gets a chance.
That same Lucic who would be the leading scorer on the Canadiens, not to mention the toughest player?

Old
02-09-2012, 01:33 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
You mean when he went after Ference for no obvious reason? McQuaid basically forced Kaleta to fight and he turtled immediately and then said "let's go" a bunch of times on his way to the locker room, how is that "manning up"?

The other incident I agree he held onto McQuaid for dear life and looked stupid after but how many players 6' or under have fought 2 guys who are 6'4 and are really good fighters in the same game?[/QUOTE]

i havent watched the replays again, but from what I remember, in both cases, it sure looked like the last thing he wanted to do was actually drop the gloves and have to fight.

Old
02-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Thornton did what he was supposed to do -- stick up for a teammate who got roughed up. It's what anyone would expect the gunner on their team to do in that very situation.

02-09-2012, 01:49 PM
thelos
Bunk

always great to see Kaleta get the **** beat out of him.

Old
02-09-2012, 02:31 PM
ryedog*
Triple Gold Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I don't recall this.. but do you think Price is pissed at his teammates this year? You know, for the subpar numbers he has this season.

Closed Thread