HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Langenbrunner Reflects On Devils Departure

Old
02-09-2012, 12:22 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSeven View Post
And what's with this "Hey, you suck" in RnR Part 2? Classless

And can't we get our old goal horn back?
But I do want the old horn back :<

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:22 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
dont even care. im more concerned about their goaltending, and their balanced forwards.

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:23 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Langs was so good for the Devils in the playoffs.

MJB Devils23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Whaddagoal
Larsson Jailbreak.

He's still bitter about the whole "situation"...whatever the hell happened we won't fully know.

HOWEVER....
If there was a problem, keep it behind doors, don't even open your mouth. If someone asks you about it, just don't comment, don't allude, don't beat around the bush. Don't make implications which put other people in bad light, either.

The problem I have with Langs is he's still playing the game "there was a problem, but i can't really tell you... but believe me, I'm the good guy, and the other guy is the bad guy... " (see my emphasis on his quotes from the post)

By beating around the bush, he's indirectly casting suspicion about former teammates.... like about the arrival of Kovy was a fault why things went wrong.

Quote:
“A lot of things happened,” Langenbrunner said. “It sort of changed with the direction the team was going.

“I was the odd guy out, right from the start.”

His spat with Lemaire?

“It had to be part of that,” Langenbrunner said. “I felt I’d made some sacrifices and decisions to help the team, and it didn’t work out that way. But there was nothing I wish I’d never done. Most of it was not about me. He made a decision and I didn’t agree with it. Any issue we had was not about me. It was issues about the team, and things he did.
It's just a lame way to represent yourself. He is STILL publically bringing attention to defend himself while at the same time directing any blame and casting some suspicions around other teammates (like Kovy) and a legend coach (Lemaire, whom in my opinion was far more valuable to this franchise)....

....suspicions/hearsay which fans will never be able to substantiate in reality....

It's just not professional at all, for someone who was a labeled "leader". Lemaire isn't going around talking about how he had to deal with this and that. Real leaders in life learn how to handle tough situations it with tact and respect, if they were dealt a bad hand they don't let it affect others and they certainly don't pass the buck around. Yet, Langs keeps perpetuating rumors which can't be substantiated by anyone other than him and Lemaire and the team.

Just keep your damn mouth shut.

Whaddagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:27 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
Benedict Arnold wasn't so well liked in Saint John either
By most accounts, he was essentially an arrogant, ambitious, *********. But he also did some pretty amazing, heroic, stuff.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:28 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Lemaire > Langenbrunner

Or lets make it like an SAT analagy answer....

Lemaire is to Langenbrunner like Alexander the Great is to Gomer Pyle

Old
02-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Drewr15

See I owe Langs a lot, I used to have a two loss rule with gals, if I take you to a Devils game and they lose I give you one more shot and then you're out. So my now wife and I's first date was in Oct 02 against the Canes and the Devils lost. Our next date was early November and the Devils were losing by 2 to the Ducks. Jamie got the comeback rolling with a goal in the third and then won it in OT. I remember my brother in law, who knew about the rule, looking at me right after that OT goal and going "whew!" and laughing. And no kidding at all, but we went to a ton of games that year and almost every home playoff game, including game 7 against the Ducks and the only other game we saw them lose the rest of that season was game 6 against Ottawa. So yeah, Langs I could never boo.

Drewr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:35 PM
GameSeven
ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Well said, Whaddagoal.

The two touchstone moments for me are the shootout refusal and the *****ing about being asked to accompany the team to Raleigh (apparently he'd never been there) even though he was mired in a slump and was not in the lineup. That's not captain material...

At this point though, I'm past him... no cheers nor boos from me.

GameSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Always liked him as a player, never really liked him as a person/captain. I would not boo him, but people have every right to. Something was rotten in the state of New Jersey. Thank God for the change that was made.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:38 PM
GameSeven
ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewr15 View Post
See I owe Langs a lot, I used to have a two loss rule with gals, if I take you to a Devils game and they lose I give you one more shot and then you're out. So my now wife and I's first date was in Oct 02 against the Canes and the Devils lost. Our next date was early November and the Devils were losing by 2 to the Ducks. Jamie got the comeback rolling with a goal in the third and then won it in OT. I remember my brother in law, who knew about the rule, looking at me right after that OT goal and going "whew!" and laughing. And no kidding at all, but we went to a ton of games that year and almost every home playoff game, including game 7 against the Ducks and the only other game we saw them lose the rest of that season was game 6 against Ottawa. So yeah, Langs I could never boo.
What an arbitrary way to settle major life decisions

Old
02-09-2012, 12:42 PM
GameSeven
ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Rich Chere @Ledger_NJDevils
Zach Parise said this morning he did not see Jamie Langenbrunner when he got into NJ. Langenbrunner confirmed they had dinner together.

Not that I particularly care with whom or what Zach eats for dinner, but what is this I don't even...

Old
02-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Drewr15

Quote:
What an arbitrary way to settle major life decisions
I know it sounds crazy but the rule more often than not was right as far as when to walk away. The one time I didn't listen I so regretted it and then when I went back - well I struck gold with my wife.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Drewr15

Quote:
Zach Parise said this morning he did not see Jamie Langenbrunner when he got into NJ. Langenbrunner confirmed they had dinner together.

Not that I particularly care with whom or what Zach eats for dinner, but what is this I don't even...
Yeah I read that and was wondering if it was a misunderstanding, like Zach thought he meant this morning, or if Zach just didn't want Chere knowing his business.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:46 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:

Before the **** crows, you will deny me three times.

EDIT: Doesn't HFBoards know that a "****" is a bird?

Okay, fine then, ROOSTER!

Old
02-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:

Parise to STL (e25).

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:55 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Lemaire > Langenbrunner

Or lets make it like an SAT analagy answer....

Lemaire is to Langenbrunner like Alexander the Great is to Gomer Pyle
My all-time favorite historical figure.

1. Alexander the Great
2. Andrew Jackson
3. Queen Elizabeth I

ILikeItVeryMuch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
PourSomeMcDavidOnMe

vCash: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Before the **** crows, you will deny me three times.

EDIT: Doesn't HFBoards know that a "****" is a bird?

Okay, fine then, ROOSTER!
I say son, I say, I think we done been swoggled son.

"Extinction is the rule, survival is the exception." - Carl Sagan
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 01:01 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice
More Langenbrunner on Parise. "He enjoys playing here. ...He’s been here his whole career and I’m sure doesn’t want that to change. "

of course he'd say that, he's in on the conspiracy

woof fixed copy/paste error

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 01:04 PM
HBK27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaddagoal View Post
He's still bitter about the whole "situation"...whatever the hell happened we won't fully know.

HOWEVER....
If there was a problem, keep it behind doors, don't even open your mouth. If someone asks you about it, just don't comment, don't allude, don't beat around the bush. Don't make implications which put other people in bad light, either.

The problem I have with Langs is he's still playing the game "there was a problem, but i can't really tell you... but believe me, I'm the good guy, and the other guy is the bad guy... " (see my emphasis on his quotes from the post)

By beating around the bush, he's indirectly casting suspicion about former teammates.... like about the arrival of Kovy was a fault why things went wrong.

It's just a lame way to represent yourself. He is STILL publically bringing attention to defend himself while at the same time directing any blame and casting some suspicions around other teammates (like Kovy) and a legend coach (Lemaire, whom in my opinion was far more valuable to this franchise)....

....suspicions/hearsay which fans will never be able to substantiate in reality....

It's just not professional at all, for someone who was a labeled "leader". Lemaire isn't going around talking about how he had to deal with this and that. Real leaders in life learn how to handle tough situations it with tact and respect, if they were dealt a bad hand they don't let it affect others and they certainly don't pass the buck around. Yet, Langs keeps perpetuating rumors which can't be substantiated by anyone other than him and Lemaire and the team.

Just keep your damn mouth shut.
I think Langenbrunner is referring to some of the conflicts he had with Lemaire over how he handled some things with the team - weren't there rumors going around last year that players were informed they were being stratched via text?

As captain of a team, you have to handle issues that don't necessarily pertain to you personally. There's been enough said about the personal issues Langenbrunner had with Lemaire (much of it certainly deserved), but I'm sure there's also a certain frustration on Langenbrunner's part that some of the duties he had as captain to stick up for his teammates over the way things were being handled by Lemaire also played a part in his dismissal & many fans probably don't realize that.

HBK27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 01:09 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice
More Langenbrunner on Parise. "He enjoys playing here. ...He’s been here his whole career and I’m sure doesn’t want that to change. "

of course he'd say that, he's in on the conspiracy

woof fixed copy/paste error
Langs its wade, parise is bosh, and Suter is Lebron

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
PourSomeMcDavidOnMe

vCash: 461
Something about sick or injured and instead of staying home still traveling with the team? Or being scratched on a 1 game road trip? I know that was a big deal.

Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by None Shall Pass View Post
REAL Italian sausage, REAL Italian taste.
and wrong order of colors
-----

Also, I am over what happened with Jamie at the end here, but for him to say in that article he was a captain for the players not the coach pretty much sums up his wrong approach

As part of being a captain/leader you are supposed to get the team on the same page with what the coaches philosophies are - hint hint, Scott Stevens with who would have guessed, Jacques Lemaire...

But whatever he did a lot of good for us and thats the Langenbrunner I'll mostly remember

Wingman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 01:25 PM
HBK27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
and wrong order of colors
-----

Also, I am over what happened with Jamie at the end here, but for him to say in that article he was a captain for the players not the coach pretty much sums up his wrong approach

As part of being a captain/leader you are supposed to get the team on the same page with what the coaches philosophies are - hint hint, Scott Stevens with who would have guessed, Jacques Lemaire...

But whatever he did a lot of good for us and thats the Langenbrunner I'll mostly remember
He's also the voice of the players back to the coach - sounds like Langs could've handled the situation better though and the fact that he had personal issues with Lemaire probably played a part as well.

Anyway, that's all over and done with - hope Langs gets a nice reception tonight as he did a lot more good than bad for the organization.

HBK27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK27 View Post
He's also the voice of the players back to the coach - sounds like Langs could've handled the situation better though and the fact that he had personal issues with Lemaire probably played a part as well.

Anyway, that's all over and done with - hope Langs gets a nice reception tonight as he did a lot more good than bad for the organization.
Which is why I said, part of being a captain

I too hope he'd get a nice reception.....Madden did not get booed in his return with Florida this season, not sure where that came from, I was at the game

White got cheered as well

Wingman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Bleedred
Ryder Havs Zub suck

It aint worth booing him, and it aint worth booing Gomez. If I was a Montreal fan I would be booing Gomez in Montreal. He aint affecting our team. He's handcuffing their team, and Gauthier is an idiot, and I would be pissed with him if I were a Canadiens fan. The dude cares more about the coach being able to speak French than talking about buying out Gomez. They will suck until he's gone, and at this rate that will be 2014/2015.

Now onto Langenbrunner I wouldn't boo him. He was worth some boos with his production last year before he was traded. I wouldn't boo him, and I wouldn't boo Gomez or Rolston. I thank god Langenbrunner is not here anymore, and the same with Gomez, and Rolston. It could be worse. If I were an Isles fan I would be booing Rolston, because he's useless, and the highest paid, most under producing player their team has. If I were a Habs fan I would be doing the same to Gomez. If I were a Blues fan I don't think I would boo Langenbrunner cause he isn't their big money guy who is supposed to produce.

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote