HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AHL Scoring Race

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2005, 09:41 PM
Venom_17

vCash: 500
AHL Scoring Race

Right now Spezza is leading the race. However, the Monarchs have a couple of games at hand, I believe.

So the question is: if you had to pick, who would you rather have win the scoring race? Cammy or Lehoux?

I would rather see Cammy win. I think he will be a better player long-term and winning the race would benefit him more.

Old
01-11-2005, 10:11 PM
King Blazer

Cammy's line really needs to get the scoring going again. If you look at the PP vs. ES goals for Lehoux and Cammy, you'll find that 1/2 of Cammy's (as well as Smyth's and Brown's) goals are PP goals. Lehoux's line is outscoring Cammy's in ES goals by about 8 right now and outscoring overall by only 3. Bottom line is that Lehoux's line has been the most productive even strength line so far this season and Lehoux has been the most productive ES goal scorer with 14 tallies. TK has 12, Cammy has 11.

Both Lehoux and Cammy have pretty high top ends, I vote for a tie!

Old
01-11-2005, 11:05 PM
jfont

Awards:
go rosa!!!

errr...i mean cammy!!!

01-12-2005, 09:03 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
I would rather see Yanick win it. As a pro it's the first season in which he's consistently putting up good numbes. I think winning the AHL scoring title would do wonders for his confidence.

Old
01-12-2005, 09:29 AM
King Blazer

Every Wednesday morning, Lehoux does a spot on the local radio station (WGIR) that broadcasts the Monarchs games. This morning the host of the show started giving Lehoux the business about slipping out of first in the scoring lead.

Host: Hey what's going on with you slipping out of first place in the scoring lead?
Lehoux: Yea, but how many games do I have in hand?
Host: I believe it's just one game.
Lehoux: It's 2-games and I'm two points behind Speeze. Don't you worry, I'm going to catch him!

A few weeks ago on the show, Lehoux commented that he doesn't really follow the stats too close (this was when Cammalleri was ahead of him)....SURE YOU DON'T Yanick....

Old
01-12-2005, 11:26 AM
Albi

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
Every Wednesday morning, Lehoux does a spot on the local radio station (WGIR) that broadcasts the Monarchs games. This morning the host of the show started giving Lehoux the business about slipping out of first in the scoring lead.

Host: Hey what's going on with you slipping out of first place in the scoring lead?
Lehoux: Yea, but how many games do I have in hand?
Host: I believe it's just one game.
Lehoux: It's 2-games and I'm two points behind Speeze. Don't you worry, I'm going to catch him!

A few weeks ago on the show, Lehoux commented that he doesn't really follow the stats too close (this was when Cammalleri was ahead of him)....SURE YOU DON'T Yanick....
I don't think it's a bad sign...what do you think KB?

Old
01-12-2005, 11:41 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
I don't think it's a bad sign...what do you think KB?
I don't think it's a bad sign either. I just get a kick out of it when guys say they don't pay too much attention to stats but know exactly where they stand. I'm sure Lehoux isn't the only guy who knows exactly where he sits in the scoring dept...

Old
01-12-2005, 12:27 PM
palffytofrovlov

whatever motivates him I am all for it!!!! KEEP IT UP LEHOUX!!!!!!!

Old
01-12-2005, 12:37 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
I don't think it's a bad sign either. I just get a kick out of it when guys say they don't pay too much attention to stats but know exactly where they stand. I'm sure Lehoux isn't the only guy who knows exactly where he sits in the scoring dept...
Funny how that works. Isn't it?

Old
01-17-2005, 10:47 AM
Albi

I have the feeling we jinxed Yanick...

Old
01-17-2005, 10:57 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
I have the feeling we jinxed Yanick...
I have a feeling Yanick jinxed himself by scoring so many points. The Monarchs lost Rosa for about 15-games 2 seasons ago (02-03) when he was taken out by a "kneeing". He was leading the team in scoring at the time...That makes 2 out of 3 seasons that the Monarchs leading scorer has been taken out...

Old
01-17-2005, 10:58 AM
Albi

Quote:
I have a feeling Yanick jinxed himself by scoring so many points. The Monarchs lost Rosa for about 15-games 2 seasons ago (02-03) when he was taken out by a "kneeing". He was leading the team in scoring at the time...That makes 2 out of 3 seasons that the Monarchs leading scorer has been taken out...
And we must not forget he's Kings property, which means he's injury prone by definition.

Closed Thread