HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stars at Jackets 2/9/12 7:00 PM -- SIGN NIGHT

Old
02-09-2012, 09:47 AM
CapnCornelius

vCash: 500
Stars at Jackets 2/9/12 7:00 PM -- SIGN NIGHT

Quote:
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman is scheduled to be in town today and will meet with the media before watching tonight’s game against the Dallas Stars in Nationwide Arena.
In honor of the commissioner's visit to Columbus, I think we need to show him more of that passion that he loves so much about us.

Bring your tasteful (PG rated) signs to the Arena tonight as you cheer on your Jackets.

This is your chance to be heard not just by the ownership and management, but by the league commissioner.

I loved some of the signs we saw a couple weeks ago and would like to see what else our creative fans can come up with.

Share your sign ideas on twitter--#CBJSignNight

Last edited by CapnCornelius: 02-09-2012 at 10:51 AM.
CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Also, please feel free to discuss the game itself in this thread.

Old
02-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Einhander

A good balance of winning and losing is important. If you just win all the time, you won't get anything out of it; having some tough losses can be really important.
~Andrew Shue
=D

Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Stars need this game, they are 2 points out of the playoffs and thats a fact. I'm thinking they might be looking to buy at the deadline, no proof but it makes sense to me, they might be doing as much scouting as coaching.

Gotta say the Stars win it to impress the comish...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Hipster Letestu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Stars need this game, they are 2 points out of the playoffs and thats a fact. I'm thinking they might be looking to buy at the deadline, no proof but it makes sense to me, they might be doing as much scouting as coaching.

Gotta say the Stars win it to impress the comish...
The Wild are clinging to the 8th spot and we made them look like garbage. Morrow is out, he sets the pace for them. I actually smell upset, first three-game winning streak of the year!

Hipster Letestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by astall35 View Post
The Wild are clinging to the 8th spot and we made them look like garbage. Morrow is out, he sets the pace for them. I actually smell upset, first three-game winning streak of the year!
Yep, it's about time for the annual "lets screw the future" late season push...

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:02 PM
650X2

Part of me wants 3 game win streak another part of me doesnt want the team to get to much momentum. This year that is.

650X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 12:46 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
Yep, it's about time for the annual "lets screw the future" late season push...
Yeah, I illustrated that the schedule, after this next two or three games, is brutal for the rest of the month. With 21 games left, we could very well be close to 20 points back. This isn't just good teams, it's elite teams (other than 1 game).

At any rate, I would like to finish 30th with the teams ahead of holding us off. We'll see what happens.

No comment on the sign night.

I do enjoy beating the Stars when we get a change. I would like a victory.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Doug19

I'm just glad we are sitting Johansen, this game is really critical. He shouldn't be in juniors playing this year, he's learning how to play by watching our crafty veterans do all the right things, from the press box. Go Jackets.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 01:37 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
I'm just glad we are sitting Johansen, this game is really critical. He shouldn't be in juniors playing this year, he's learning how to play by watching our crafty veterans do all the right things, from the press box. Go Jackets.

I thought that we wont play PO or am I mistaken? Idont understand why we dont call Goloubef over one of Johnson/Clitsome. IMO it is idiocy.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 01:39 PM
wahsnairb

had club tickets.. now I supposedly don't.. so will be a rare game on tv for me!

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!

I won't be able to make it to this one. Was nice to be there for a rare victory on Tuesday. Only 11,000 fans there for that game, so hoping for a better showing for the Commish.

My predictions: Sheldon scores on the PP (a one-timer from the point). Ott takes a few cheap shots at Dorsett....but won't fight him. Some guy in section 104 row E will try to taunt the Stars, mispronounce "Robidas", and look like a fool. Gary Bettman will be shown on the screens and be boo'd.

Zoo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Doug19

It's funny because Columbus fans really have no reason to boo Bettman at all. If they do boo him, I think it would be embarrassing especially after helping this team with the lease issue, giving us the all-star game after he said they would consider it once we got the lease and hotel issues solved, and giving us the draft. He hasn't really done any "wrong" to us yet.

Old
02-09-2012, 02:26 PM
davidbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by astall35 View Post
I feel strangely good about this game, too. Carter gets another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I do enjoy beating the Stars when we get a change. I would like a victory.
me, too

davidbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 02:53 PM
wahsnairb

I lied, should be in attendance after all.

and anyone who boos betty is silly in my book.

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 03:02 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
It's funny because Columbus fans really have no reason to boo Bettman at all. If they do boo him, I think it would be embarrassing especially after helping this team with the lease issue, giving us the all-star game after he said they would consider it once we got the lease and hotel issues solved, and giving us the draft. He hasn't really done any "wrong" to us yet.
Bettman should be viewed as an ally not the enemy. Fact is that while Canada considers him Snively Whiplash his views on expanding the league have been to our benefit.

I did note an interesting tweet earlier today suggesting the ASG be held at Ohio Stadium instead of Nationwide. I have to say, I've personally been in favor of an outdoor ASG. Next year's Detroit/Toronto Winter Classic extravaganza would probably keep this from any real consideration, but otherwise I think it would be fantastic for the team and the city to set an ASG attendance record.

Old
02-09-2012, 03:17 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

If anything, let's REALLY throw Bettman off guard and cheer him loudly! (rather than boo him like other arenas)

Tonight cheer...

EAST-ERN CON-FERENCE (clap clap clapclapclap)

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 03:20 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
If anything, let's REALLY throw Bettman off guard and cheer him loudly!
I think that might cause heart failure and cause me to laugh. Which, of course, would make me feel bad later as I try to explain to people I wasn't laughing at Bettman's heart failure.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Socks
SharkCat Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
If anything, let's REALLY throw Bettman off guard and cheer him loudly! (rather than boo him like other arenas)
That would seriously crack my **** up.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!

I say, for now, he should be cheered in Columbus. Like Blah said, the franchise owes him a lot for recent events.

Zoo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo16 View Post
I say, for now, he should be cheered in Columbus. Like Blah said, the franchise owes him a lot for recent events.
True, I wish he could go a bit further and convince the league to put us in the East though... the number of these midnight games are tough not only on the fans but the players too.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 04:49 PM
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!

Commish is in town huh? I thought we were playing the Detroit Blue Devils tonight to honor him coming to town

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Bettman should be viewed as an ally not the enemy. Fact is that while Canada considers him Snively Whiplash his views on expanding the league have been to our benefit.
Great line. I hate it when people boo him in Columbus. Hes a big reason we even have a franchise, and I dont get it when people boo him. Totally agree he should be viewed as an ally.

That being said, Im sure even he realizes the mess that has been created by Howson and Priest. As well as realizing the fan base being alienated not only by losing but by such things as Pens fans on Zamboni rides, Blackhawks goal songs played in our own building, the embarrassment that was Boomer etc etc. Hopefully he has a talking to JPM and advises him to overhaul the front office drastically.

MattTheMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 05:34 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheMask View Post
Commish is in town huh? I thought we were playing the Detroit Blue Devils tonight to honor him coming to town

Great line. I hate it when people boo him in Columbus. Hes a big reason we even have a franchise, and I dont get it when people boo him. Totally agree he should be viewed as an ally.

That being said, Im sure even he realizes the mess that has been created by Howson and Priest. As well as realizing the fan base being alienated not only by losing but by such things as Pens fans on Zamboni rides, Blackhawks goal songs played in our own building, the embarrassment that was Boomer etc etc. Hopefully he has a talking to JPM and advises him to overhaul the front office drastically.
Gary knows the mess. The question is, will he actively advise JP on what needs to be done, or is he going to leave it to JP to figure things out on his own? If some of the things I've heard are true, there may finally be reason for the other owners to put pressure on him to actively get JP to right the ship.

Old
02-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Matt

Have the Jackets ever had a three game winning streak? I don't remember any

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Gary knows the mess. The question is, will he actively advise JP on what needs to be done, or is he going to leave it to JP to figure things out on his own? If some of the things I've heard are true, there may finally be reason for the other owners to put pressure on him to actively get JP to right the ship.
I'm curious about owners of other teams especially. Are all of the teams owners hands off like JP? Does JP even attend games? I don't really recall ever seeing him at many games at all, then again maybe he is. I'm just curious as to how often owners watch or advise there team.