HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stars at Jackets 2/9/12 7:00 PM -- SIGN NIGHT

Old
02-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Robert
Foligno family

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
All this sounds special... Well that win streak is over with, as well as Methot's season and maybe Boll's.

Great night to be a Jackets fan...
We will improve when our guys are healthy, you try to run an NHL team when guys get hurt!

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:47 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Did anyone bring signs? I didn't see any.
I heard you had one but bailed....

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
No, it has to do with this organization over hyping him because he was a 1st round pick (shocker, this org has never done that before! ). Would be interesting to pull up the Johansen expectations thread again
yep yep, you are so right, yep yep. Inconsistent line mates, not playing the position he was drafted for, playing on a team who has been full of underachievers, yep totally reasonable to say he's been over hyped and has under-delivered.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:53 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
We will improve when our guys are healthy, you try to run an NHL team when guys get hurt!
Scott Howson, is that you?

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:04 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Scott Howson, is that you?
However bad management has been, no team survives the injuries this team has had this year. Only team I've seen come close to living through something like this was Pittsburgh last year.

Not an excuse, for sure, but certainly a fact to consider.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:37 AM
squarelaces

Russell is gonna have to go back to Defense

squarelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 09:04 AM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
However bad management has been, no team survives the injuries this team has had this year. Only team I've seen come close to living through something like this was Pittsburgh last year.

Not an excuse, for sure, but certainly a fact to consider.
I'd be interested in seeing what teams have more injuries than us and what their record is.

All I know is that Porty said we were in the top ten in days missed from injury.

ClevelandJacketFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post
I'd be interested in seeing what teams have more injuries than us and what their record is.

All I know is that Porty said we were in the top ten in days missed from injury.
I'd be more interested in seeing dollars off the ice due to injury/suspension. The injuries are even more brutal when they affect your premier players (Carter, Wiz, Huselius, etc).

I wasn't that upset after this game. It felt good to see the effort in the 2nd and 3rd periods, after going down 3-0. Vinny continues to endear himself in the Nordique household, and the name Brassard is no longer a derogatory term. I really hope we can keep Sanford as a #2 next year.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:15 PM
blahblah

If we had played well when we had all our players for a few weeks (or at least most of them) I'd care about this conversation about injuries. Since we still played liked crap, I don't care.

Even with the injuries, this team I don't.

Examples. The key players with less than 50 games played (we've played 54).

RJ - 49
Brassard - 46 (He was scratched to death)
Methot - 46
Carter - 33
Wiz - 29
Nikitin - Partial year anyway. This season was done before he was injured
Martinek - The dude was bad before he got injured. Not sure that his injury wasn't an upgrade to the defense. I would say that Moore has more than made up for Martinek.
Juice - The real true injury issue and we knew about it from the beginning. That's part of the reason we brought in Prospal who has been healthy.
Letestu - Not even going to entertain that as a key player.

So what are we saying here, Martinek and Wiz are the reasons we're sitting 11 points out of 30th in the West? One could argue we've been playing better than we have all season with a very heavy AHL roster.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:14 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post

I'll find it again, but I tweeted a list from January 31st earlier which had us 7th.

It is a mixed group. And a group that makes you realize that Noel, much as we made fun of the guy, has done a heck of a job with (1) a difficult schedule and (2) a lot of injuries.

St. Louis was just behind us and obviously they are in much better shape in the standings. The Islanders were near the top as were the Habs. The Penguins were at the top and are missing one of the best players in the game (in addition to having Letang out for quite some time) yet they are still solidly a contender.

Again, bottom line--depth cures what ails you. Look at who we are playing when injured versus who the Pens are playing and you get the idea.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 02:35 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
He said tonight, "I saw that somebody was trying to organize a pep rally. But that's a good sign," joked the commissioner.

I don't think that was the protest, maybe a few fans at the game tonight is what he's talking about? If so, good for those brave fans... If I'm wrong what we did two weeks ago was not a high school pep rally...
That's how he's spinning it.

NHL’s Bettman says Blue Jackets fan protest was ‘pep rally’
http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/...u&ana=e_du_pub

Last edited by leesmith: 02-10-2012 at 03:35 PM.
leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote