HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Blues(4) @ Devils(3); SO

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2012, 05:57 PM
elias026

vCash: 500
no problem with Foster Major, what was really bad was the miss high stick on Zubrus

Old
02-10-2012, 06:28 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by manisback121 View Post
Parise **** the bed on his last high pressure penalty shot to tie a game in the last minute of the 3rd against Montreal...no way he gets another pressure penalty shot.
You're absolutely right. He missed once, and therefore should never get a chance again.

We should 100% give the puck to Kovy. He would never miss a clutch penalty shot.

Old
02-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

How about Kovy made his last penalty shot against Pittsburgh on New Year's Eve?

Who cares though I'm not demeaning Zach he IS our second best shootout guy. I just wish he would score at least a quarter as much as he used to. Have we won a shootout this year where both Kovy, and Zach were stopped? Maybe we have, but I can't remember. If Kovy, and Zach are stopped we're likely not winning the shootout.

If you say something critical about Zach people spit fire. If you say something critical about Kovy it all depends how he played. If he was on the ice for one goal against though I guess it's okay to trash him.

You criticize Marty here 2 months ago you were blasted, and now it's so commonplace to criticize him. He wins a game, and gives up one borderline goal he COULD have stopped he's blasted. If Hedberg gives up one goal he SHOULD have stopped, and we lost it's looked the other way.

Old
02-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Just Win
Free Larsson

vCash: 50

Old
02-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Not gonna lie. I HATED the hell out of Kovalchuk after that. I complained, and moaned about that for weeks. Probably months even. Probably until after Lemaire came back, and Kovy heated up. Maclean talked to, and treated Kovy like a dog. Knowing what we or at least what I have concluded now I wouldn't have been surprised if anyone from Parise, to Elias, to Langenbrunner, to Rolston, or Zajac, Arnott, or Clarkson or anybody else had done that also. Zach was injured at that time though.

Old
02-10-2012, 06:45 PM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
How about Kovy made his last penalty shot against Pittsburgh on New Year's Eve?

Who cares though I'm not demeaning Zach he IS our second best shootout guy. I just wish he would score at least a quarter as much as he used to. Have we won a shootout this year where both Kovy, and Zach were stopped? Maybe we have, but I can't remember. If Kovy, and Zach are stopped we're likely not winning the shootout.

If you say something critical about Zach people spit fire. If you say something critical about Kovy it all depends how he played. If he was on the ice for one goal against though I guess it's okay to trash him.

You criticize Marty here 2 months ago you were blasted, and now it's so commonplace to criticize him. He wins a game, and gives up one borderline goal he COULD have stopped he's blasted. If Hedberg gives up one goal he SHOULD have stopped, and we lost it's looked the other way.
If Hedberg stops two shooters then the other team "probably isn't winning the shootout" either.

Fact is, Parise is our BEST shootout player, and I'm only critical of your criticism because it feels like small sample size bias to me. You simply can't win every shootout, and every shooter is going to miss sometimes. We happen to have one where all our shooters get stopped and suddenly the world is ending.

Old
02-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Kovalchuk is clearly our best this year. Last year he was not. I have to say Kovalchuk is our best, and then Zach at least this year.

Now that I said that Kovalchuk will miss every shot for the rest of the year.

If Marty let up that 2nd goal last night or the Oshie goal in the shootout people would have been calling for him to be put out behind the shed. Every game there is at least one goal people are blasting him for. Even when we win. Oh Marty got 41 saves, and we won 3-1 last night? Man that first goal he gave up to Malkin was horrible.

Anyone remember 1995 before the Cup run when Marty was pulled about 5 times in the 30-35 games he started?

Old
02-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Let me make this clear too. I'm not as much concerned about Zach in the shootout right now. We're not winning half our games by shootout like we were the first two months of the season, and hopefully we stay away from shootouts cause we haven't been as invincible in them lately.

I'm very satisfied with Zach's play during the game right now, and he's a BIG reason we're on a good role here. If it weren't for him we might just be win some lose some right now. I'm also ABSOLUTELY against trading him under any circumstances. I'll take a good run this season over having to possibly find a replacement next season by far.

Old
02-10-2012, 06:59 PM
GameSeven
ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
so what the hell happened to Zubrus when he went down in the faceoff circle? did he get high sticked? I missed it
It looked like he got his left skate hooked by the stick of the Blues player taking the faceoff. At the time, it looked like he fell to the ice as he was turning away. From one angle, it looked like his knee was stressed by the weight of his body falling backward with his skate held back by the tangle with the Blues forward.

I was afraid he'd really gotten messed up but I think he took regular shifts afterward.

Old
02-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSeven View Post
It looked like he got his left skate hooked by the stick of the Blues player taking the faceoff. At the time, it looked like he fell to the ice as he was turning away. From one angle, it looked like his knee was stressed by the weight of his body falling backward with his skate held back by the tangle with the Blues forward.

I was afraid he'd really gotten messed up but I think he took regular shifts afterward.
He was back on the ice two shifts after. Not too worried.

Old
02-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
lets just get marek malik and call it a day. he can play defense too. boom.
But he can only score on Kolzig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manisback121 View Post
Parise **** the bed on his last high pressure penalty shot to tie a game in the last minute of the 3rd against Montreal...no way he gets another pressure penalty shot.
I don't see why not. If we have a choice, it should be him or Kovalchuk taking it. Either choice would be fine by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSeven View Post

Zubrus is too much of a warrior for that to slow him down. He was back out killing the penalty within a minute.

Closed Thread