HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#55, 2/9/12, Kings lose to Panthers 3-1

Old
02-09-2012, 11:25 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
In Murray's system, you throw everything at the net. That's why ALL the Kings players are constantly taking bad angle perimeter shots. I don't know why Kopitar gets blamed for it when every player on the team is doing it because that's what they've been instructed to do.

The Kings have one of the worst offenses in NHL history. I guess the Kings system, and the fact that they have no 2nd or 3rd lines has nothing to do with it. Blame the guy who is the only player that's been able to maintain a reasonable amount of production for it.
And Sutter emphasizes center lane drive. Next.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
And Kompon doesn't.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
That he does, but the team is still stuck in the Murray mentality. You see glimpses of Sutters offensive system getting through to them for good stretches, but then you see them revert back to Murrays offensive system. Which you really can't blame them, as most of them were apart of that system for 3 years, and they've only been with Sutter for just shy of a couple of months.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:31 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
And Kompon doesn't.
In my opinion Kompon's time will end the day the Kings season ends. There's no way they can justify keeping this guy on the coaching staff after this season. No way whatsoever.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
In my opinion Kompon's time will end the day the Kings season ends. There's no way they can justify keeping this guy on the coaching staff after this season. No way whatsoever.
I am hoping SO much that you are right. Sutter looks to me like someone who wants to keep the whole "family" together and try to fix it. You know, kind of like if your son has bad grades in school you are not going to throw him out of the house. I am afraid that Kompon is part of that "family."

Old
02-09-2012, 11:37 PM
HookKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
In Murray's system, you throw everything at the net. That's why ALL the Kings players are constantly taking bad angle perimeter shots. I don't know why Kopitar gets blamed for it when every player on the team is doing it because that's what they've been instructed to do.

The Kings have one of the worst offenses in NHL history. I guess the Kings system, and the fact that they have no 2nd or 3rd lines has nothing to do with it. Blame the guy who is the only player that's been able to maintain a reasonable amount of production for it.
Yes. So everyone let's dump Kopitar for a bag of pucks...considering the above there are still 8 whole centers out scoring him.

HookKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Vortex

For all of the chest-thumping that Lombardi did when he was hired about how he was going to turn the franchise around, what exactly has he accomplished that wasn't accomplished under Taylor?

I want the last six years of my life back.

Last edited by Vortex: 02-09-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:43 PM
HookKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
What exactly has the Lombardi era accomplished that wasn't accomplished under Taylor?

I want the last six years of my life back.

Less.

HookKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:45 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 50
Wow, how great is Pancakes on that Santorelli goal.

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollerManor View Post
How hard is it to fire kompon.
To prideful men with egos, virtually impossible. Guess Dean's gunna be the one accountable. Dean's gunna live and die by what he has...He's already shot hs wad.

They won't even make the playoffs doing this. Almost rooting for it now so Leiweke is put on the spot to can this guy who's been selling us a bill of goods this whole time.

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:12 AM
MxH0CKEY

You got to wonder if "old style" coaching is killing this team. I think it would be safe to say that Ken Hitchcock's system is "old style" and yet his Blues team still succeeds. What is our problem? WINGERS, and a currently lifelss Mike Richards. Plain and simple. Or this team is just cursed which I for one can definitely see. I honestly cannot blame Sutter as much, the guy has had about a month and a half with the team.

MxH0CKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:13 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
And Kompon doesn't.
And which coach do you think they should be paying attention to? Does Kompon decide which players get ice time?

I think Kompon's voice has been muted unless he is preaching the style Sutter desires.

Old
02-10-2012, 12:15 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
That he does, but the team is still stuck in the Murray mentality. You see glimpses of Sutters offensive system getting through to them for good stretches, but then you see them revert back to Murrays offensive system. Which you really can't blame them, as most of them were apart of that system for 3 years, and they've only been with Sutter for just shy of a couple of months.
I'll buy into this some, which means those that are saying Lombardi hired Murray 2.0 are all wet.

Old
02-10-2012, 12:31 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollerManor View Post
How hard is it to fire kompon.

jesus.
That just seems so logical.

I'm over this season. I'm just looking for progression of the younger guys and if that means a couple playoff series, great. But I'm not holding my breath.

Unfortunately, I feel that under Dean's reighn the development has come to a hault or even gone backwards. Every young guy has taken steps backwards or have simply not developed whatsoever. Really, I can't think of one player who has progressed.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:34 AM
goosh
@adamgushansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsation8 View Post
You got to wonder if "old style" coaching is killing this team. I think it would be safe to say that Ken Hitchcock's system is "old style" and yet his Blues team still succeeds. What is our problem? WINGERS, and a currently lifelss Mike Richards. Plain and simple. Or this team is just cursed which I for one can definitely see. I honestly cannot blame Sutter as much, the guy has had about a month and a half with the team.
The problem isn't the wingers. When we played the Lightning, they had Tom Pyatt as 1LW. It's the system.

goosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:44 AM
bobafettish*

the wingers are and are'nt the problem.

our wingers range from average to junk, but they are not bad enough to where we should be laughing stalks of the nhl.

even by some miracle chance that we landed parise we probably would still be in the bottom half in scoring. the problem is basically TM's system and his ability to suck all the creativeness out of our skilled players and replace it with his structure and discipline.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:45 AM
Nex06

Quote:
And which coach do you think they should be paying attention to? Does Kompon decide which players get ice time?

I think Kompon's voice has been muted unless he is preaching the style Sutter desires.
It took Kings long time to get the defensive part of the game, run by Murray and Stevens. It took Kings long time to get the offensive part (nothing good to get there), run buy Murray and Kompon. The defensive part was good, the offensive wasn't.

I don't see why and how could players change their offense, run by Sutter AND Kompon, in a very short time. Unfortunately it will need time. But it will need less time if Kompon is gone. Because he is still the guy running big part of the offensive drills.

Sutter is mainly motivator, and he is, as you say, deciding the ice time. But it's not enough when we talk about change of offensive system. I do like what he is SAYING about offensive part of the game and how it should look like. With Murray I disagreed with some of his views on the offense. Therefore I am optimistic that offense could get better by getting a new offensive assistant coach and getting players used to a new approach to offense.

Old
02-10-2012, 12:56 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
Oh god relax guys, we're fine. Everything's fine.

Everything is not fine. This team's offense is pathetic. 8 shots given up through two periods means the defense is playing out of their minds, yet the offense can't score if their lives depended on it.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:59 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
Yeah, he's awful
I think he's been overrated by the Philly/East Coast media. He hasn't shown much since he's been here. He's been a below average 2nd-line center, certainly not a 1B like everyone was calling him earlier.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:08 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Marking this game as the breaking point for the current regime. Everyone make note.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:18 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Marking this game as the breaking point for the current regime. Everyone make note.
Doubt it.

No one in the presser sounded the least bit concerned. Sutter pretty much had a (AWWWW Shucks GUYS) attitude toward the loss.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:19 AM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post

Everything is not fine. This team's offense is pathetic. 8 shots given up through two periods means the defense is playing out of their minds, yet the offense can't score if their lives depended on it.
If by offense you mean offensive part of the game, fine. If you mean the actual forwards than this is one of the biggest misconceptions on this forum. And there are many that share your opinion in that case.

Forwards DO play the defense! They are part of defense. They have always been, they will always be. They hit, steal pucks, block shots, cover their men, cover the lanes, play the body,... They are just as much part of the defense as the defensemen.

Oh, and defensemen are just as much part of the offense as forwards. At least they should be in a normal system, not destroyed by Murray/Kompon. Sutter said couple of days ago, that defensemen are part of the offensive problem, because there are no useful passes from the D zone, which means that forwards need to come all the way back and carry the puck over two lines.

If I see someone posting, that defensemen must be good because GAA is low and forwards must be bad, because Goals For is low, I can't help but to think that these people are kids.

Old
02-10-2012, 01:19 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Doubt it.

No one in the presser sounded the least bit concerned. Sutter pretty much had a (AWWWW Shucks GUYS) attitude toward the loss.
I meant amongst fans. Damn I suck at explaining anything

Look at how much people are freaking out after this game. Its like people realized what I said in that Sutter will be no better than Murray.

Old
02-10-2012, 01:22 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I meant amongst fans. Damn I suck at explaining anything

Look at how much people are freaking out after this game. Its like people realized what I said in that Sutter will be no better than Murray.
People should have realized that right off the Bat.

(Hell Herby and I also PSP)have been telling people that since the Season Started.

TM2.0.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:24 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
People should have realized that right off the Bat.

Hell me and Herby have been telling people that since the Season Started.

TM2.0.
As did I. I just think as a collective whole, everyone on here has finally accepted it is all.