Notices

Official Boston Bruins Trade Rumours Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2012, 10:56 AM
WBC8

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
So Lucic is better then Ryan, AND we'll have to throw in Dougie Hamilton? Wowzers.

Old
02-12-2012, 11:02 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
I'm right there you, I wouldn't trade Looch for Ryan straight up. When Looch is on his game he is dominant, especially when he's pissed.

Oh and honestly, I don't think Lucic will ever be traded, personally for me he has career Bruin written on him just like Bergeron and maybe Seguin.
he's just unique- everyone is trying to find the next guy like him. Is he great? no....but he's pretty good, and when he has had 8 hours sleep, is focused, is feeling good, he is a beast.

Vancouver hates him, but if those Knuckleheads had known what they know now they'd probably be working on more than one Cup. He's exactly what that team needs and should have drafted.

I like Ryan alot. But teams aren't scowering the rinks and backyards across NA and Europe looking for the next Bobby Ryan. Bijay said it best above in his post- probably Krejci and Ryan get placed on the scale and you tweak it a bit. Certainly not for Hamiltion unless one of those young stud D men Sbisa or Fowler are now in play)

I am a bigtime Krejci fan and my kid just got a new Krejci jersey for Christmas (so please Chia noooooooo....) but that would make more sense, especially with Seguin's ability to play center and my conviction that Spooner could be an electric guy down the middle with the ability to turn a humdrum game into a highlight reel goal in a split second.

Old
02-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
he's just unique- everyone is trying to find the next guy like him. Is he great? no....but he's pretty good, and when he has had 8 hours sleep, is focused, is feeling good, he is a beast.

Vancouver hates him, but if those Knuckleheads had known what they know now they'd probably be working on more than one Cup. He's exactly what that team needs and should have drafted.

I like Ryan alot. But teams aren't scowering the rinks and backyards across NA and Europe looking for the next Bobby Ryan. Bijay said it best above in his post- probably Krejci and Ryan get placed on the scale and you tweak it a bit. Certainly not for Hamiltion unless one of those young stud D men Sbisa or Fowler are now in play)

I am a bigtime Krejci fan and my kid just got a new Krejci jersey for Christmas (so please Chia noooooooo....) but that would make more sense, especially with Seguin's ability to play center and my conviction that Spooner could be an electric guy down the middle with the ability to turn a humdrum game into a highlight reel goal in a split second.
I just wouldn't trade Looch because he is like you said, unique. Not many players play his style and he is still so young, not even close to his prime years.

Ryan's a good player but I would not trade Looch for him, let alone add in Hamilton who could make the team next year, Corvo was the bridge for Hamilton, since Hamilton shoots right I think he will play with Seidenberg on the second pairing which is good since Seids is a defensive beast and can cover up for Hamilton's rookie mistakes.

Old
02-12-2012, 11:22 AM
jokerboysmith

Not really interested in Trading Lucic.

Perhaps Krejci + prospect (Not Hamilton) for Ryan..

Old
02-12-2012, 01:36 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Krejci + for any big name forward out there would be ideal and perhaps perfect. I wouldn't lose any sleep over losing Krejci at all in a deal like that. Especially now that he is making similar big money to the majority of big name players out there; the cap hits would be similar.

Old
02-12-2012, 01:38 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
You wonder if Chia has a change of heart now with Nasty Nate on the shelf and Benny not being so hot.

Old
02-12-2012, 01:42 PM
NastyNate17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerboysmith View Post

No shot I'd consider trading Lucic either, but I'd definitely do Krejci + prospect/pick for Ryan in a heartbeat.

Old
02-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
How about his Seguin and Horton for Hall. What a genius

I saw this coming

Old
02-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...s/bruins_blog/
Quote:

Shortness of picks and prospects. The Bruins will have tough competition before the trade deadline because of their situation. Their first-round pick will most likely be in the 20-30 range. They don’t have a second-rounder (part of the Tomas Kaberle deal) nor a fourth-rounder (Joe Corvo). Their Providence players won’t bring back a significant return. Dougie Hamilton is off the table. In a bidding war, the Bruins might have a hard time matching other competitors’ best offers.

Old
02-12-2012, 02:02 PM
ProdigalFan
HFBoards Sponsor

For your perusal:

Bruins GM Predicts Quiet Trade Deadline

HERE

Old
02-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Johnny Bran Muffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Say what you want but he is the reason teams are a bit weary of playing the Bruins in a physical game
Except when he gets neutered by the refs with ridiculous major penalties and game misconducts.

Old
02-12-2012, 02:29 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalFan View Post
For your perusal:

HERE
thanks for sharing that, that was informative; interestingly, I have thought the overpayment for Kaberle probably has teams looking for the combo+: top prospect, first rounder, and the in-thing (a second rounder if you go to the Finals); quite an overpayment if you ask me no matter what happens with the three assets the Bruins gave up

I'm not sold on Colborne ever being much of an NHLer but he does have a chance, and is a prospect, and the Bruins added two pretty good picks, plus the one for Kelly- that is a lot to give up when you need young players to add to your team each year. Add in the injuries/disappointments to Arniel and Sauve and the Bruins are a bit thin in depth at this position and why I think Chiarelli should hold off on Caron (and I'm not even talking the big 4 in the OHL) and even the first round pick barring a bad injury the next 2 weeks.

grab some dumps (Boyes? types) at the deadline for a mid round pick

Old
02-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
For your perusal:

HERE
Solid, thoughtful article, thanks for posting.

Old
02-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Mr Cartmenez

I think nothing is going to happen this year and we shouldn't be the ones overpaying (again)

We have a great shot with our team, no need to ship out great assets.

By the way: Lucic/Krejci+Hamilton for Ryan/Perry is laughable. I wouldn't even trade Lucic straight up for either of them. Maybe Krejci+someone not named Hamilton.

Old
02-12-2012, 03:44 PM
thepootamis

http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/2012...omment-page-1/

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/h...eadline_looms/

http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/0...fcL/story.html

haven't heard any big rumors but thought it might be good to throw these up

Last edited by thepootamis: 02-12-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old
02-12-2012, 03:49 PM
thepootamis

http://spectorshockey.net/wordpress/...ruary-12-2012/

same as above

Old
02-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
For your perusal:

HERE

Good article--thank you. GM Chiarelli, in discussing bringing in top talent for a high price, basically made the case that the Kaberle acquisition was a mistake.

Please--no more trades for a rental player that costs too much for a marginal return. It's not worth it and messes up the essential process of keeping the pipeline full.

The high price of acquiring talent: A year ago, the Bruins gave up former first-round forward Joe Colborne, a first-round pick in 2011 and a conditional second-round pick in 2012 to acquire Tomas Kaberle from the Maple Leafs. When the Bruins reached the Stanley Cup final last June, that ensured that the Leafs would get the aforementioned second-rounder as part of the package.

That was a hefty cost to shell out for Kaberle, a move Chiarelli feels probably had a domino effect throughout the league.

“The bar has been set very high throughout the league in terms of the asking price for talent, and that probably has to do with what we gave up for Kaberle,” Chiarelli said. “If you want a good player, you are going to have to pay.”

Another legitimate point that Chiarelli makes: History shows that rarely does an elite talent who is moved at the deadline, often as a rental, go on to play an immediate major role with his new team.

“If you look back, on average, those types of players haven’t left a deep impact right away when they change scenery,” Chiarelli said. “Generally speaking, teams that won did not hugely benefit from bringing in a (big name) at the deadline.”

The bolded describes the Kaberle trade fully.

Last edited by Alan Ryan: 02-12-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old
02-12-2012, 05:04 PM
thepootamis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Good article--thank you. GM Chiarelli, in discussing bringing in top talent for a high price, basically made the case that the Kaberle acquisition was a mistake.

Please--no more trades for a rental player that cost too much for a marginal return. It's not worth it and messes up the essential process of keeping the pipeline full.

The high price of acquiring talent: A year ago, the Bruins gave up former first-round forward Joe Colborne, a first-round pick in 2011 and a conditional second-round pick in 2012 to acquire Tomas Kaberle from the Maple Leafs. When the Bruins reached the Stanley Cup final last June, that ensured that the Leafs would get the aforementioned second-rounder as part of the package.

That was a hefty cost to shell out for Kaberle, a move Chiarelli feels probably had a domino effect throughout the league.

“The bar has been set very high throughout the league in terms of the asking price for talent, and that probably has to do with what we gave up for Kaberle,” Chiarelli said. “If you want a good player, you are going to have to pay.”

Another legitimate point that Chiarelli makes: History shows that rarely does an elite talent who is moved at the deadline, often as a rental, go on to play an immediate major role with his new team.

“If you look back, on average, those types of players haven’t left a deep impact right away when they change scenery,” Chiarelli said. “Generally speaking, teams that won did not hugely benefit from bringing in a (big name) at the deadline.”

The bolded describes the Kaberle trade fully.

i fully agree with not going after the elite players. However going after players that would be able to contribute something to the team(Peverley,Kelly,Seidenberg) i would still like for him to go after.

Old
02-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepootamis View Post
i fully agree with not going after the elite players. However going after players that would be able to contribute something to the team(Peverley,Kelly,Seidenberg) i would still like for him to go after.
I agree. Go for a player who will be around to contribute for a while.

Old
02-12-2012, 05:32 PM
HooperDrivesTheBoat
2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
So Lucic is better then Ryan, AND we'll have to throw in Dougie Hamilton? Wowzers.
X2...

No thank you

Old
02-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
I'm right there you, I wouldn't trade Looch for Ryan straight up. When Looch is on his game he is dominant, especially when he's pissed.

Oh and honestly, I don't think Lucic will ever be traded, personally for me he has career Bruin written on him just like Bergeron and maybe Seguin.
^this

02-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Afam*

what's up with every thread getting locked up here.cant we have a discussion even if it gets a little heated

Old
02-12-2012, 06:21 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerboysmith View Post

David Krecji led every player in playoffs last yr in scoring and Bruins won the Stanley Cup.Why should the Bruins have to throw in any thing let alone even trade him? This thread bothers me,Krecji is a terrific player when it matters most.Ryan is a ,Good player but over rated a little perhaps ? just an opinion. Ryan does have 20 goals but only 12 assists,Krecji had 11 goals but 39 pts,,So way i see it,who feeds Ryan the puck if he was dealt here for Krecji,Still have huge problem way i see it.

Last edited by 22Brad Park: 02-12-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old
02-12-2012, 06:29 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
what's up with every thread getting locked up here.cant we have a discussion even if it gets a little heated
Probably not. But if you have a question about why something was locked, ask it in a PM. You are likely to get a thoughtful answer if you ask a thoughtful question, but its not appropriate to have that discussion in the public forum.

A true fan who will always be remembered.
Old
02-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Latrappe
If Cam allow it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
David Krecji led every player in playoffs last yr in scoring and Bruins won the Stanley Cup.Why should the Bruins have to throw in any thing let alone even trade him? This thread bothers me,Krecji is a terrific player when it matters most.Ryan is a ,Good player but over rated a little perhaps ? just an opinion. Ryan does have 20 goals but only 12 assists,Krecji had 11 goals but 39 pts,,So way i see it,who feeds Ryan the puck if he was dealt here for Krecji,Still have huge problem way i see it.
Trading David " On/Off " Krejci for Bobby Ryan would be a very good deal for the Bruins. I'm sick and tired to hear the same ******** excuse about the playoffs. Bergeron is equally good in the playoffs and he show up every night. Krejci is getting way too much slack around here.

Closed Thread