HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which young guy have progressed under Dean?

Old
02-12-2012, 09:04 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Yes he is. Wonder why Brown and Kopitar avoid it?
Honestly, any person that knows the answer to this question should be coaching the Kings. Kopitar made a great strip though to set up the first goal of the game.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 09:05 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Honestly, any person that knows the answer to this question should be coaching the Kings. Kopitar made a great strip though to set up the first goal of the game.
I have a sinking feeling though, had that pass not been there (he would have took that puck to the boards).

Notice how when King and Nolan win a board battle or create a turnover( they go right to the NET).

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 09:32 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Of course he has developed.....that's why he's skating a regular shift now unlike....guys ahead of him....Moller, Holloway...etc...

Cmon...really? Lotkionov hasn't developed....really?
Well, I can't say he has not developed. I know I said that, but I meant he has not really developed a scoring touch, until lately, despite being given lots of opportunities in prominent situations. Like I said up front in this thread, I believe in him, and I believe he will be a good player for the Kings, or a great player for another team.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Right now no one is developing much except Voynov simply because we're stocked at every position on the NHL roster except for wingers. And for wingers, DL hasn't gotten many, traded for many (which is irritating because that's what he's said stockpiling assets/prospects who play positions down the middle are for, they are more valuable positionally than wingers) so we aren't developing those either.

I'm definitely for trading off a bunch of the underproducing and overpaid for their positions and current production vets and let one or two prospects develop in their place. While we're trading, lets mix in some scoring wingers...we need like 6 of them in the system because even in Manchester they aren't scoring.

Maybe DL did a great job stocking the cupboard with value. Now we have to fill out the team with that stored value as it's almost rotting on the vine.

- R
.><.

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:51 PM
backhander

terry murray

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 11:37 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I have a sinking feeling though, had that pass not been there (he would have took that puck to the boards).

Notice how when King and Nolan win a board battle or create a turnover( they go right to the NET).
Believe me I have noticed it. I have been complaining about this aspect of Kopitar's game for a while now. He needs to just be single-minded about taking the puck to the front of the net.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 04:58 PM
kingsdarkness

the manchester coach teaches them to go right to the net, sutter and murray teach them to go to our own net.

kingsdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Johnny Utah

The only wingers DL has developed are Clifford, Simmonds and Lewis and one isn't a King and the other two are having poor years....technically, Lewis is a center...so that's even worse.

Johnny Utah is online now   Reply With Quote