HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My MSG road trip

Old
02-27-2012, 10:31 PM
beerme1

vCash: 500
My MSG road trip

We came from Buffalo for the game on Saturday 2/25 and I just want to say what an awesome experience it was. I had never been to MSG before. Been to Montreal and Toronto for road games and grew up in Toronto at Maple Leaf Gardens.
I tip my hat to the crowd that was there Saturday night there were four of us and we were treated with polite hostility which is what you should expect. I will say that I have always loved MSG and dont know why it took so long to go to a game there. What an incredible building to watch a game at.
I only encountered one threat of viloence on the walk in to the building and only one jackass in the crowd after the game and that was a woman as I panned around while recording the crowd after the Rangers won in OT. I did a 360 recording everyone and as I was pointing the camera four rows directly behind me she is screaming at me f you f you f you f you f you and giving the finger with both hands lol. Of course we were all in Sabres jerseys but we were respectful and had cool conversations with everyone around us. I just looked at her and smiled and said really? Now you're gonna do that? Whatever lady. I'm all about ball busting but like I said, we were very respectful as visitors.

I was truly impressed by Ranger fans and their obvious refusal to give up a grudge. I think there was a Potvin Sucks chant at least 8 or 9 times and I laughed each time and joked with some locals about how hard ass you are with not letting go of that considering how long it's been since he played. Well done! I salute you and just wanted to say thanks for the cool experience Ranger fans!

beerme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Giacomin

Glad you enjoyed MSG. I was at that game Saturday and the crowd was electric. The crowds at MSG have been the best as far as excitement and electricity since the mid 90,s. The last 4-5 games I have gone to this year seemed like a playoff game as far as the crowd goes. I was very surprised to see a lot of Sabres fans but being a Saturday night that tends to happen. I like to walk around outside MSG and if I see the scalpers buying tickets I know it is a big game. If I see them selling tickets then I can tell there will be empty seats.

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 876
I was going to go to this game but my brother couldn't go, so I sold my tickets for more than triple the face value.

02-28-2012, 10:45 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Cool. Glad you had a good time and didn't run into too much trouble. You really did pick a good time to show up. MSG has been electric this season. Better than it has in a long time, as can be expected with the team's success.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 03:01 PM
beerme1

[QUOTE=chris6net;45156007]Glad you enjoyed MSG. I was at that game Saturday and the crowd was electric. The crowds at MSG have been the best as far as excitement and electricity since the mid 90,s. The last 4-5 games I have gone to this year seemed like a playoff game as far as the crowd goes. I was very surprised to see a lot of Sabres fans but being a Saturday night that tends to happen.
QUOTE]

We came across quite a few Sabres fans. More than we expected. One guy said they came down in three bus loads. I know he was sitting ion one section up top and they seemed to own that section and looked like they stood through the whole game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I was going to go to this game but my brother couldn't go, so I sold my tickets for more than triple the face value.
That is the benefit of a team thats on top and a Saturday night game. But if you went you would have enjoyed it also as the Rangers looked great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Cool. Glad you had a good time and didn't run into too much trouble. You really did pick a good time to show up. MSG has been electric this season. Better than it has in a long time, as can be expected with the team's success.

I got tickets through the Sabres but had to wait a long time to get confirmation for them. I started thinking maybe we should just get scalpers or StubHub but the market prices are driven by the Rangers great season not the Sabres lowly season I am grateful to my ticket guy from the Sabres though they were still an expensive ticket.

Im willing to bet we will be back next year and probably have a few more friends with us. My wife commented on how much better the sound was in MSG compared to home and that maybe the covered roof had something to do with it.
Before we left I told her I will probably stare at the roof quite a bit during the game and I did, it is unique. I also loved thinking of all the events I have seen on tv from the Garden. The fights, the games etc what an awesome building to have. It is a treasure for you guys. Although I understand your getting hosed on some of the renovation costs with your ticket prices.
I had my fingers crossed they would be doing arena tours agaion but the guy laughed when I asked and said no becuase of the renovations.

But again, bravo Ranger fans! Well done. Thanks for the hospitality without resorting to Garden Justice on us!

beerme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 03:03 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 876
FYI, MSG (the channel) lowers the volume of the arena on their broadcasts.

Kane One is offline   Reply With Quote