HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago Blackhawks vs San Jose Sharks 7:30 PST

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2012, 10:28 AM
  #976
KzooShark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
Who cares? I don't dislike them like the Canucks but the Hawks mortgaged their future to win a cup and are still trying to right their ship. I hope their tail spin continues into 7th (or 8th) place so they can face the Canucks or Wings in the first round.

Though, I think the Sharks realized how to play them in the playoffs: use their size to rattle the Hawks. Yes, the Hawks were with out their 2nd pair dmen so they should be better.
I wonder when the last time the Sharks out-hit their opponent before last night was?

KzooShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:37 AM
  #977
Stickmata
Registered User
 
Stickmata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
Who cares? I don't dislike them like the Canucks but the Hawks mortgaged their future to win a cup and are still trying to right their ship. I hope their tail spin continues into 7th (or 8th) place so they can face the Canucks or Wings in the first round.
The only thing that ails the Hawks right now is their goaltending. It's god awful. Crawford's rebound control was horrible last night and it cost them repeatedly. And his lack of effort on the McGinn goal... I can only imagine how down the guys in that locker room are right now knowing that's what they've got backstopping them. I really hope they're not able to pick up a quality goal tender before the trade deadline.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:43 AM
  #978
Gilligans Island
Registered User
 
Gilligans Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF/Bay Area
Posts: 9,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickmata View Post
The only thing that ails the Hawks right now is their goaltending. It's god awful. Crawford's rebound control was horrible last night and it cost them repeatedly. And his lack of effort on the McGinn goal... I can only imagine how down the guys in that locker room are right now knowing that's what they've got backstopping them. I really hope they're not able to pick up a quality goal tender before the trade deadline.
their D was pretty crappy - granted their 2nd pairing was out so that was a factor. Also, without Scott, the Sharks had carte blanche to mess with Toews and it worked. That will be consistent in the playoffs unless the Hawks are stupid enough to play Scott and give him 5 min TOI.

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 02:36 PM
  #979
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,289
vCash: 141
Colin White's stats don't look bad, but when you watch him play... he looks terrible.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 02:51 PM
  #980
SonomaShark
The sidebar is suck
 
SonomaShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Colin White's stats don't look bad, but when you watch him play... he looks terrible.
This White has got to go. I wish DW had kept Ian White instead.

SonomaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 02:54 PM
  #981
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 38,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBaySharksFan View Post
This White has got to go. I wish DW had kept Ian White instead.
I don't see a team that would take him on so we're stuck with him. I mean, DW can waive him and assign him to Worcester but then we'd have to find another d-man as they need 8 for the playoffs.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 02:56 PM
  #982
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,289
vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBaySharksFan View Post
This White has got to go. I wish DW had kept Ian White instead.
I think DW made the right decision with White. He wouldn't get this ice time here and he wouldn't be paired with freaking Lidstrom here. He's more expensive than Demers (who earned a bigger role with his playoff) or Braun (who'd be stuck in the minors if we had Ian).

What he should have done w/ that extra cash $ was sign some better, faster forwards to help the depth. It's not like this is a new issue with the team.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 03:03 PM
  #983
Gilligans Island
Registered User
 
Gilligans Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF/Bay Area
Posts: 9,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
I think DW made the right decision with White. He wouldn't get this ice time here and he wouldn't be paired with freaking Lidstrom here. He's more expensive than Demers (who earned a bigger role with his playoff) or Braun (who'd be stuck in the minors if we had Ian).

What he should have done w/ that extra cash $ was sign some better, faster forwards to help the depth. It's not like this is a new issue with the team.
I don't get why DW doesn't go after vet depth fwds that would be good fits. Prospal, Stempniak, Fiddler, Bergenheim. Or 2 offeasons ago, Higgins or Whitney. I think it's reasonable to assume DW had a shot at them.

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 03:12 PM
  #984
SonomaShark
The sidebar is suck
 
SonomaShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
I think DW made the right decision with White. He wouldn't get this ice time here and he wouldn't be paired with freaking Lidstrom here. He's more expensive than Demers (who earned a bigger role with his playoff) or Braun (who'd be stuck in the minors if we had Ian).

What he should have done w/ that extra cash $ was sign some better, faster forwards to help the depth. It's not like this is a new issue with the team.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get all that, but I guess I'd rather be whining about having too many PMDs than whining about Colin White.

SonomaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 03:24 PM
  #985
Maxo187
Stay Frosty
 
Maxo187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 415
Posts: 5,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Ice View Post
Mass infractions for the lot of you!! Seriously, though, please do not discuss such matters on the open forums. If you have a complaint, if you read the FAQ (which I think few actually do) you will find this towards the end:
Thanks for sparing some of us


We who are about to die SALUTE YOU!!


(sorry watching Gladiator )

Maxo187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 03:25 PM
  #986
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,289
vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBaySharksFan View Post
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get all that, but I guess I'd rather be whining about having too many PMDs than whining about Colin White.
Maybe when Demers is healthy, they'll pair him with Braun and scratch White. Sadly, I don't see that happening

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 04:51 PM
  #987
SonomaShark
The sidebar is suck
 
SonomaShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Maybe when Demers is healthy, they'll pair him with Braun and scratch White. Sadly, I don't see that happening
Let's just hope that White turns out to be a playoff beast!

SonomaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 05:01 PM
  #988
Negatively Positive
Stop Lying!
 
Negatively Positive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,382
vCash: 500
I can understand starting Wallin since he made 2.75 mill and DW doesn't want to look bad having a 2.75 mill guy getting benched. However, White makes 1 mill, the exact same as Vandermeer. They should play the best guy, and unless we're all blind, White isn't better than Demers, Braun or even Vandy. I just have a sickly feeling that when Demers is healthy, he or Braun might get benched because Colin White has to have a spot in the lineup.

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 05:17 PM
  #989
SharksAddict
Registered User
 
SharksAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,532
vCash: 500
White is awful, just plain awful. I hold my breath every time he is on the ice. Can argue he single-handedly cost them the game vs CGY.

Please please please play Vandy/Demers over him come playoff time.

SharksAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 05:32 PM
  #990
Negatively Positive
Stop Lying!
 
Negatively Positive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksAddict View Post
Please please please play Vandy/Demers over him come playoff time.
Let's put it this way... White has 3 times as many rings as Wallin. There's no way he's sitting in the playoffs.

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 05:33 PM
  #991
irregardless
Registered Dummy
 
irregardless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SF
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 500
Watch him pull a Chris Campoli in a Game 7, 5OT or something.

irregardless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 05:37 PM
  #992
Clowe Me
Registered User
 
Clowe Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 530
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 24,019
vCash: 500
I remember last season when Chicago fans were saying how much better Crawford was than Niemi. I haven't seen too much of that talk this season......

Clowe Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 06:10 PM
  #993
ChubbChubby
Using tilt controls!
 
ChubbChubby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 3,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
I remember last season when Chicago fans were saying how much better Crawford was than Niemi. I haven't seen too much of that talk this season......
In their defense, he was a huge factor in their playoff appearance and almost stole game 7. The offseason wasn't very kind to him.

ChubbChubby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 06:53 PM
  #994
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
I don't get why DW doesn't go after vet depth fwds that would be good fits. Prospal, Stempniak, Fiddler, Bergenheim. Or 2 offeasons ago, Higgins or Whitney. I think it's reasonable to assume DW had a shot at them.
This is the first season in a few years where there was actually some cap space to work with.

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 06:55 PM
  #995
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
I remember last season when Chicago fans were saying how much better Crawford was than Niemi. I haven't seen too much of that talk this season......
Yeah and Flyers fans probably aren't talking about how happy they are with the Bryz.

The fact is like the Flyers, Chicago doesn't do their goaltenders any favors at all. They play a very high risk high reward game. Lately the risks have exceeded the rewards for the Blackhawks. People have been talking about Nabokov for the Hawks, but I'm sure how much he could actually help them.

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 07:18 PM
  #996
Gilligans Island
Registered User
 
Gilligans Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF/Bay Area
Posts: 9,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
This is the first season in a few years where there was actually some cap space to work with.
We had cap space to sign Higgins before he signed late in the offseason with Florida. We had plenty of space to sign any of those UFAs who signed this past offseason. Whitney is the only one that we probably couldn't have signed without other moves.

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 09:21 PM
  #997
LeeIFBB
Teflon Doug
 
LeeIFBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tanning Bed
Posts: 1,634
vCash: 500
White is ****ing terrible.

LeeIFBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 09:26 PM
  #998
Inub0i
For the Alliance!
 
Inub0i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UC Irvine, Irvine
Country: United States
Posts: 8,710
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
White needs to sit his ass down for a bit.

Vlasic-Boyle
Murray-Burns
Braun/Vandermeer-Demers
White

Inub0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.