Brad Staubitz (claimed by MTL 2/27)

Old
02-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplay33 View Post
I wouldn't look into it too much. He has just been beat out by Kassian and no room for two tough guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG5 View Post
well, they've scrapped practice today. according to russo

http://twitter.com/#!/Russostrib
Kassian would be my pick over him as well. Also something must be up or they wouldn't cancel practice.

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:33 AM
mnwildgophers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
That does it, it has to be something huge, like the team is officially giving up and going into sell mode, or they're on the verge of that big trade that my gut has been telling me is incoming for months now.

Cause if it isnt, this team is just one big ****ing tease, and in the worst way.
I always try to guard myself against stuff like this, but something may have snapped last night, but like you said earlier, I'm sure it's just the cheese.

Odd that they would scrap practice.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 0
I am currently doing my best to prevent some sense of excitement from taking control of me, because even tho my gut is screaming "SOMETHING BIG SOMETHING BIG" my head knows better by now.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:37 AM
forthewild

i just hope brodin,lucia,hackett aren't involved.

but i have a feeling we're going to be waiving goodbye to one of our prospects

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:40 AM
mnwildgophers

Or it's just nothing, but if Staubitz clears, he will be paid his full salary in the minors, don't see the point in throwing him in Houston unless we need the roster spot for something.

Old
02-10-2012, 11:43 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
I am currently doing my best to prevent some sense of excitement from taking control of me, because even tho my gut is screaming "SOMETHING BIG SOMETHING BIG" my head knows better by now.
Something's been confirmed to be coming to Houston (and not from the parent club), now this, and cancelled practice this morning. Maybe your head isn't quite so right now.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Exactly.

Wouldn't do Granlund for Ryan. You're getting maybe 2-3 years of good Ryan at $5.5m avg at the expense of 6 years of good Granlund at about $4m avg.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:48 AM
mnwildgophers

The way Russo says in his blog is sometimes a tell-tale sign of something about to come, he says "So far the only one is Brad Staubitz...."

There's probably something more to this, big trade, minor trade, or maybe a minor signing for the Aeros, who knows? I just don't want to see Granlund moved.

Old
02-10-2012, 11:51 AM
El Nino22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Exactly.

Wouldn't do Granlund for Ryan. You're getting maybe 2-3 years of good Ryan at $5.5m avg at the expense of 6 years of good Granlund at about $4m avg.
Wasn't trying to quote you Jarick. Stupid iPhone.

Anyway I'm hoping we don't lose anything too big if a move is in the works. Glad to see Stauby is gone though. The guy never fulfilled his role as a tough guy and his knack for taking terrible penalties was very aggravating.

Last night was a perfect tine for Stauby to get the team going but instead Clutter is forced to step up, fight a bigger worthless player, and take himself off the ice for 5 mins. That can't happen.

El Nino22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:52 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

There's almost 0 chance Granlund goes anywhere. This is Mikko's team, and as long as he's here, I can't see us moving FBJ. Coyle is too well liked by Fletcher to be moved. I stand by my previous claim that if we trade a prospect, it will be Zucker or Phillips.

As for trades, another possibility is that Harding's gone. Harding for a player would require a roster spot because we'd have to call up Hackett.

Old
02-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Avder
Global Moderator

Well whatever they do I want them to just hurry up and do it already.

I'd like to get tomorrows GDT all prepped and polished. Worked all night on it after I started from scratch again after finding a whole new thread of inspiration.

Old
02-10-2012, 12:14 PM
tyratoku

Quote:

I'd like to get tomorrows GDT all prepped and polished. Worked all night on it after I started from scratch again after finding a whole new thread of inspiration.
Couldn't have been my GDT, could it?

tyratoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:17 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:

With all this talk my expectations better be managed

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1350
Staubitz was a nice guy, but we've got to ice a competent team. This is a business after all.

I really hope this doesn't signal a huge trade, unless it involves Zidlicky or Zanon. We've heard management speaking extremely highly of our prospects.

I'd seriously hope Fletcher learned his lesson with Leddy. (I know, beating a dead horse)

At this point, we would be easily swept in the playoffs as an 8th seed. The team's injured, the staff is frustrated, management is trade-happy, team chemistry is broken, player confidence is shot.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Haha, that just reminded me how Riser was going after Almond a couple weeks back. If there was ever one GM who couldn't get enough grinders...

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:27 PM
countrygentleman
John Frusciante

Russo sure does seem awfully quiet. Must be working the phones to figure out what Fletcher's got planned.

countrygentleman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:28 PM
State of Hockey

About time Staubitz got his walking papers from the NHL. Should have never traded for him. Hard to think of another Wild player more useless than him.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:29 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetCluttered View Post
Wasn't trying to quote you Jarick. Stupid iPhone.

Anyway I'm hoping we don't lose anything too big if a move is in the works. Glad to see Stauby is gone though. The guy never fulfilled his role as a tough guy and his knack for taking terrible penalties was very aggravating.

Last night was a perfect tine for Stauby to get the team going but instead Clutter is forced to step up, fight a bigger worthless player, and take himself off the ice for 5 mins. That can't happen.
first, i'm completely meh about this move. i don't doubt more moves are on the way but this wouldn't signal anything big--i don't know why they do this for roster space when we have a few call ups up here.

but jesus, man...you are wrong about quite a bit here. Staubitz did try to get things going several times last night. Clutter wasn't forced to do anything. Lapierre isn't completely worthless as a hockey player (he scores some, and is about twice as aggravating to the other team as clutterbuck is) and Clutter outweighs him. You think Lapierre was going to fight staubitz? you think he would have fought kassian if he was in the lineup? this was a pest fight. neither one can fight worth piss so it was pretty even in that regard.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:32 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Llama, you gonna remove the "Staubitz gets two for stupidity" square on bingo now?
It is done.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:36 PM
El Nino22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
first, i'm completely meh about this move. i don't doubt more moves are on the way but this wouldn't signal anything big--i don't know why they do this for roster space when we have a few call ups up here.
but jesus, man...you are wrong about quite a bit here. Staubitz
did try to get things going several times last night. Clutter wasn't forced to do anything. Lapierre isn't completely worthless as a
hockey player (he scores some, and is about twice as aggravating to the other team as clutterbuck is) and Clutter outweighs him. You think Lapierre was going to fight staubitz? you think he would have fought kassian if he was in the lineup? this was a pest fight. neither one can fight worth piss so it was pretty even in that regard.
okay staubitz had the opportunity to fight bitz and duco so I dont know what your watching? And Max Lappierre is not a player of the same caliber as Cal or even close and it's not just this game it's been constant throughout the season which why he lost his spot to kassian. Even Stoner has provided more toughness than Brad.

El Nino22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:38 PM
MNWILDFAN001

If there is a trade I'm scared what it's going to cost us. We've finally built up a good group prospects. I'd hate to lose any of them. Except maybe if it was for someone young but proven.

MNWILDFAN001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Avder
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Couldn't have been my GDT, could it?
Nope. Tho you did up the bar. I *WAS* half thinking of just doing a nordyfail single image GDT since I was so ticked at the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Now I'm scared to post it when midnight rolls around.

I might try to rejigger it just a little bit yet before tonight, but I'm not restarting it again. I've got it al ldone except for the expected lineups, and well...

Thats what this thread is for right???

I can delete the little Staubitz icon I had made up in case he was speculated to be in again. Thats something.

Old
02-10-2012, 12:48 PM
nickschultzfan

It's probably nothing.

But if it is it will have to be a big contract coming back, since that is our major trading asset.

nickschultzfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 12:52 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Buh bye Stauby, thanks for playin. Nice guy, bad player...

Movin on to the "trade" theories. God I hope it's something noteworthy! I've heard rumors that Chris Simon has a cousin but uh.....

As long as it's not one of Brodin, Coyle, Granlund, and now Larsson for me. I mean let's be real here: we have a lot of pretty good looking prospects and we're not going to have space for them all at this point, so really, package one of them as the sweatener in a trade for an established player that can help us(hopefully one that will last a few years). We could use a little more good vet presence, God knows Cullen won't inspire anyone...

I hope something happens and I hope it's someone that will actually make a difference. One good forward or a strong puck-moving d.

DeuceMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 01:04 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Actually, with Stoner being put on IR, doesn't this give us 21/23 roster spots?