HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Can Max Pacioretty be a 40 goal scorer in the NHL?

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2014, 06:39 PM
Halifaxhab*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
I think the only thing your stats show is that Kessel had a better beginning of career, which is definitely the case. Kessel definitely has more value now but given the performance over the last couple years (2 or 3) the difference in goal scoring isn't that big.
And for nearly the same cost next season we have Pacioretty and Emelin.

Old
01-03-2014, 06:52 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I like how you adjust stats to make it look as good possible. I especially like how you use two of the last half seasons.

And Kessel has proven to be way more consistent. So yeah your "seasons" which you hilariously included two half seasons as your seasons is beyond outrageous.

Good god some of you guys are hilarious.
Your comparison is way less fair than his. Has Kessel had a better career? Yes.

But Pacioretty's first few years when he was bounced up and down between Hamilton and Montreal don't have any bearing on how good of a player he is now.

And for the past 3 years, Kessel and Pacioretty have produced goals at a very similar rate.

Old
01-03-2014, 07:17 PM
Polo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Your comparison is way less fair than his. Has Kessel had a better career? Yes.

But Pacioretty's first few years when he was bounced up and down between Hamilton and Montreal don't have any bearing on how good of a player he is now.

And for the past 3 years, Kessel and Pacioretty have produced goals at a very similar rate.
What I provided were facts, full seasons and a proven goal scorer. Im not the one that used half seasons.

They are pretty much the same age and just to respond to your comment about how him being bounced up and down doesnt matter, it does. You just dont dismiss Kessels goal scoring seasons because Patch sucked then. Especially when they are very close in age and especially when you are using sample sizes of half seasons.

Anytime you compare players, you do it properly. Not use adjusted stats to inflate a player...especially using two half seasons and one full season for an argument.

In all honesty if habs fans want to pile on here and quote me and say max is better or on par as a goal scorer as Kessel. Go ahead. Not many people will buy into it.

Old
01-03-2014, 07:23 PM
sharks9

Quote:
What I provided were facts, full seasons and a proven goal scorer. Im not the one that used half seasons.

They are pretty much the same age and just to respond to your comment about how him being bounced up and down doesnt matter, it does. You just dont dismiss Kessels goal scoring seasons because Patch sucked then. Especially when they are very close in age and especially when you are using sample sizes of half seasons.

Anytime you compare players, you do it properly. Not use adjusted stats to inflate a player...especially using two half seasons and one full season for an argument.

In all honesty if habs fans want to pile on here and quote me and say max is better or on par as a goal scorer as Kessel. Go ahead. Not many people will buy into it.
How did he not use facts? Did he lie about the number of goals that Pacioretty and kessel have scored in the past 3 years?

You're acting like he used one half season of information to say that Pacioretty was equal with Kessel. Over 150 games for both of them is a good sample size.

And he wasn't using adjusted stats, he was using goals per game which is completely valid. You have yet to show any facts that prove that Kessel has been a significantly better goal scorer in the past few years.

Old
01-03-2014, 07:28 PM
Tampa Bay Kiwi

I can see him scoring 35 consistently, might have one or two 40 goal seasons in him.

Old
01-03-2014, 07:42 PM
Polo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
I think the only thing your stats show is that Kessel had a better beginning of career, which is definitely the case. Kessel definitely has more value now but given the performance over the last couple years (2 or 3) the difference in goal scoring isn't that big.
Go and do the research. It doesnt mean they are better goal scorers or are close.

Tlusty, Voracek, Kunitz, Dupuis all outscored Kessel last half season.

Troy Brouwer and Blake Wheeler had one less goal.

Guess why? They are half seasons. Anything can happen.

Two of the seasons being compared are half seasons.

Tell me, has Max always been known as a strong starter? I know the answer.

Old
01-03-2014, 07:45 PM
SEALBound
Fancy Conor McSheary

With Sidney Crosby and Chris Kunitz...yes.

Old
01-03-2014, 07:49 PM
Polo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
How did he not use facts? Did he lie about the number of goals that Pacioretty and kessel have scored in the past 3 years?

You're acting like he used one half season of information to say that Pacioretty was equal with Kessel. Over 150 games for both of them is a good sample size.

And he wasn't using adjusted stats, he was using goals per game which is completely valid. You have yet to show any facts that prove that Kessel has been a significantly better goal scorer in the past few years.
What are you talking about? I was being accused of using a guys entire career vs another and how its not right.. everything I provided are facts, which quickly got dismissed because habs fans want to compare two half seasons. Which has never ever been the way to do it

I mean we can do that with Dupuis too. Is he a better goal scorer than Kessel? Is it close?

Old
01-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:

You went from "Kessel is a way better goal scorer" to twisting it to "habs fans want to pile on here and quote me and say max is better or on par as a goal scorer as Kessel". There's no denying Kessel is better. How much better is what I think you are overstating.

Kessel has been a point/game player in the last 3 seasons over 172 games (172 points). This is a fact and Kessel's seasons before those seasons don't take anything away from it. Similarly, Pacioretty has been scoring goals at a similar rate as Kessel in that same span. If you refute Pacioretty's ability to score then wouldn't that mean you should also refute Kessel's point producing ability which coincidentally developed around the same time? After all, before the last 3 to 4 seasons, they were not the same as they were now.

Old
01-03-2014, 08:00 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Go and do the research. It doesnt mean they are better goal scorers or are close.

Tlusty, Voracek, Kunitz, Dupuis all outscored Kessel last half season.

Troy Brouwer and Blake Wheeler had one less goal.

Guess why? They are half seasons. Anything can happen.

Two of the seasons being compared are half seasons.

Tell me, has Max always been known as a strong starter? I know the answer.
What are you talking about? No one is using the example of one half season to say that Pacioretty is a better goal scorer. They're using the data of 3 years, the equivalent of 2 full seasons worth of games.

And if you paid any attention to the Habs you would know that Pacioretty is a slow starter.

Quote:
What are you talking about? I was being accused of using a guys entire career vs another and how its not right.. everything I provided are facts, which quickly got dismissed because habs fans want to compare two half seasons. Which has never ever been the way to do it

I mean we can do that with Dupuis too. Is he a better goal scorer than Kessel? Is it close?
Two half seasons? You mean 3 years, which contain around 2 full seasons worth of games which is a solid sample size.

Terrible argument again, Dupuis plays with Crosby and Pacioretty plays with Desharnais.

Old
01-03-2014, 08:22 PM
jeangauthier

vCash: 222
Why not......maybe not this year but I don`t see why that he cannot in the future........from what i`ve seen he has the skill.........the question is....does he have the linemates to complimate his game.............

Old
01-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 50
Quote:

Please explain how Patches sucking in his first years has any effect on his goal scoring ability now? What I provided is a 200 games sample, this is way more than enough.

You can be in denial, it doesn't matter. What matters is that Pacioretty and Kessel have scored goals at a very similar rate for the past 4 years. That is a FACT.

Old
01-04-2014, 12:31 PM
Dempsey

Pacioretty and Kessel, while in or around their prime years, have put up similar goal totals. Anyone who wants to start bringing in their early career adjustments/struggles when both players are well past those seasons, is frankly being ridiculous.

Old
01-04-2014, 12:36 PM
samsquanch9*

Hmm well pacioretty wasnt that good as a rookie so using my Polo-vision im gonna say he is gonna be a 10 goal scorer for the rest of his career.

Old
01-04-2014, 03:03 PM
Polo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsquanch9 View Post
Hmm well pacioretty wasnt that good as a rookie so using my Polo-vision im gonna say he is gonna be a 10 goal scorer for the rest of his career.
haha no I LOVE how habs fans are saying max is just as good of a goal scorer as kessel...by using two half seasons

then saying 150 game sample size is now 200...

Newsflash 150 game sample size which includes two half seasons is hilarious at best.

But whatever you guys wants. Here Ill say it just so it makes you feel better. Max P is just as good of a goal scorer as Phil Kessel.

Guess who believes that statement? Only habs fans.

Old
01-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Polo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Please explain how Patches sucking in his first years has any effect on his goal scoring ability now? What I provided is a 200 games sample, this is way more than enough.

You can be in denial, it doesn't matter. What matters is that Pacioretty and Kessel have scored goals at a very similar rate for the past 4 years. That is a FACT.

Please if you want to give me stats stop showing me seasons of 37 games played, 33 games played etc etc

He has proven absolutely NOTHING.

but like I said if you think he is on the same level as Phil Kessel go ahead. But I know one thing. Anyone who is not a hater will never agree with you.

Look at all the responses from most fan bases. It might help you see clearer.

Old
01-04-2014, 03:23 PM
penguins2946*

Trade him to Pittsburgh and he'll become a 40 goal scorer

Old
01-04-2014, 03:36 PM
samsquanch9*

Quote:
Please if you want to give me stats stop showing me seasons of 37 games played, 33 games played etc etc

He has proven absolutely NOTHING.

but like I said if you think he is on the same level as Phil Kessel go ahead. But I know one thing. Anyone who is not a hater will never agree with you.

Look at all the responses from most fan bases. It might help you see clearer.
not a single person has said pacioretty is better. and why the **** do shortened seasons not count? Is JVR a 35 point player? is subban a 35 point player? 150 games is a big sample size moron its almost two full seasons

Old
04-06-2014, 11:35 AM
GoHabsGo312711*

No, but 39 goals

Old
04-06-2014, 11:36 AM
CaptainBenn
King Thranduil swag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozak View Post
*facepalm*

An empty netter hat trick and people are talking about him being a 40 goal scorer. Let him hit 30 first and then we can bring it up.
Can we bring it up now ?

Old
04-06-2014, 11:50 AM
danmcn12
#freeRedmond

I'll make the bold claim he could be a 40 goal scorer.

Old
04-06-2014, 12:03 PM
Kulleroinen*

I think he won't be. 39 goals should be his career high.

Old
04-06-2014, 12:05 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

What's crazy is he missed 9 games. He could have gotten over 45 if not for that.

Old
04-06-2014, 12:41 PM
habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

We have patches and subban for less than just kessel

Old
04-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Rodimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post