Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > WHL

How is Eric Fehr doing?

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2004, 03:56 AM
Captain Conservative

vCash: 500
How is Eric Fehr doing?

I see he is scoring at a pretty decent clip. Has anyone seen him play live this year? Any info would be appreciated.

Old
10-25-2004, 11:05 PM
Bully73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Conservative
I see he is scoring at a pretty decent clip. Has anyone seen him play live this year? Any info would be appreciated.
Needs a little more consistency - had four points last night (actually would have been five if Stone would have put the puck in the empty net instead of trying to set up Fehr for his hat-trick) after taking the night before off. Fehr and Stone complement each other so well after playing together for so long. Fehr has such a great scoring touch to go together with Stone's hard work and great forecheck. Fehr has an incredible reach (long stick together with his height) and yet can still control the puck amazingly well. He is always practicing his stick handling in the warmups.

Old
10-25-2004, 11:09 PM
CapitalPunishment

thats good to hear about fehr.

how do you think he is defensively? is he disiplined?

Old
10-26-2004, 04:42 AM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Conservative
Fehr has played very solid all season so far except for saturday nights game vs medecine hat in my opinion....He has shown great puck handling as always and really has developed as a sniper....The over looked thing about eric fehr is his defensive prowess....he has really turned into a real good all around player over the last year....as well his speed seems to have improved.

Would be a shame if they dont keep him and Stone for the Juniors this year and put them on the same line....they sure do have great chemistry.

Old
10-26-2004, 08:01 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaneuf_fan_3
Fehr has played very solid all season so far except for saturday nights game vs medecine hat in my opinion....He has shown great puck handling as always and really has developed as a sniper....The over looked thing about eric fehr is his defensive prowess....he has really turned into a real good all around player over the last year....as well his speed seems to have improved.

Would be a shame if they dont keep him and Stone for the Juniors this year and put them on the same line....they sure do have great chemistry.
Agreed on your observations. Eric Fehr is a very good talent. Look out when he bulks up, he will be an absolute force. Solid in all areas just not yet solid physically.
I saw both Fehr and Stone at the Canadian Junior Camp. Fehr should be a shoe-in but I am suspect that Stone can make the national team. No disrespect, there just seem to be better players.

However with Brent Sutter coaching this year's team, Stone might just have a shot...

Old
10-27-2004, 03:52 AM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behind Enemy Lines
Agreed on your observations. Eric Fehr is a very good talent. Look out when he bulks up, he will be an absolute force. Solid in all areas just not yet solid physically.
I saw both Fehr and Stone at the Canadian Junior Camp. Fehr should be a shoe-in but I am suspect that Stone can make the national team. No disrespect, there just seem to be better players.

However with Brent Sutter coaching this year's team, Stone might just have a shot...
There are a ton of great players this year....however i dont see someone like colliton having a shot at making it over stone this year even though he made it last year....to me they arent in the same class....It would be real tough for them not to look long and hard at stone if he keeps up this point pace.

Old
10-27-2004, 07:30 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaneuf_fan_3
There are a ton of great players this year....however i dont see someone like colliton having a shot at making it over stone this year even though he made it last year....to me they arent in the same class....It would be real tough for them not to look long and hard at stone if he keeps up this point pace.
I'll take Colliton. He had a good camp and I just don't see an incumbent being dropped. Could happen but I guess I like Colliton at bit more than you. Stone looked okay in the junior camp but in my eyes a slight step behind the other elite players.

Old
11-23-2004, 11:51 PM
gibber1600

he's rocken man. 22 in 23 games, ouch!!!

Closed Thread