HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 8.0 "NHL 12 reigns supreme!"

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2012, 10:50 AM
JoeRangers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I am on the Pahllson bandwagon but Wolski has to be moved to make the cap space. I think he's a good 3rd/4th line C and would be handy on draws late in games and the PK of course
Rangers have the cap space to add him without moving Wolski. As of today they can add a player with a cap hit of $5.1 million. I think I would honestly rather add Gaustad but wouldnt be upset with Pahlsson

Old
02-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

2 weeks until the trade deadline...i cannot wait until this is all over.

Old
02-13-2012, 10:59 AM
NYR Viper

I really think this will be a horrible deadline. I am not impressed with anyone who is reported to be available.

Old
02-13-2012, 10:59 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: Feb 13, 2012 11:53a

Sounds like CGY C Mikael Backlund (upper body injury suffered Sat vs. VAN) will be out at least a month, but should get official word today.

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/st...01911126065152

There is a deal to be made for Wolski. The Flames are dropping players like flies. Woly is not Brent Sutter's cup of tea but the Flames need a forward or two.

Wolski or a 2nd or 3rd. NYR can the flip the pick to Buffalo for Gaustad.

Old
02-13-2012, 11:00 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: Feb 13, 2012 11:58a

#Flames injurys up front: Glencross, Moss, Stempniak, Jones, Backlund. This is a major test of organizational depth. #YYC

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/vickihallch/statu...03271112351745

Old
02-13-2012, 11:01 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

#Flames injurys up front: Glencross, Moss, Stempniak, Jones, Backlund. This is a major test of organizational depth. #YYC

sent via web
Wolski to Flames, please.

Old
02-13-2012, 11:02 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: Feb 13, 2012 10:39a

A resolution on Tuomo's Ruuttu's situation with CAR -- either re-sign him or trade him --is not expected until later in the week.

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/st...83316136443905

Old
02-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers View Post
Rangers have the cap space to add him without moving Wolski. As of today they can add a player with a cap hit of $5.1 million. I think I would honestly rather add Gaustad but wouldnt be upset with Pahlsson
correct but Pahlson is around 2.25ish I believe and I dont want him to be the only pickup......they could use either Kubina, 4ish and especially a more offesive rental Forward

so moving Wolski out via waivers or trade and adding Kubina for example and then using the 5.1 million on Forwards

Old
02-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Vitto79

Quote:

sent via web
one can only hope. Wolski and Zuccarello did real well together in CT.......this is likely too many bodies but I would do:

Wolski, Zuccarello, Bickel for Sarich, pick, Minor league AHL call ups to help CT

Old
02-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Dorado*

Vitto I really hope MZA + 2nd is traded for something for nothing more than your persistence !!!!

Old
02-13-2012, 12:15 PM
howztheglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
one can only hope. Wolski and Zuccarello did real well together in CT.......this is likely too many bodies but I would do:

Wolski, Zuccarello, Bickel for Sarich, pick, Minor league AHL call ups to help CT

Man I can't wait until the deadline has pasted just so that VItto can stop putting Zucco into everyone one of his trade proposals

Old
02-13-2012, 12:16 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Would we trade Lundqvist for a ridiculous overpayment? Probably not because he is the face of our franchise. Would we have traded him in the 06-07 season for a ridiculous overpayment? Again probably not knowing his potential and he was already on the way to becoming the face of the franchise.

Hall is the face of EDM's franchise. Hell, EDM even had Taylor Hall announce the selection of RNH at this years draft... Hall is playing at an almost ppg pace this year. He is going no where and neither are any of the other players you make these proposals for.

Let's trade for Ovechkin while were at it. He is having an off year so his value must be lower then normal, say 3 1sts Staal Callahan and Kreider?
Lucy, you just so ridiculous!!!!!!!!!

Quickly:

We have established Hank is a world class G. We have a good idea ESTABLISHED as to what he brings. Whether or not it is even possible that we can trade him and get more desirable profit in return is doubtful, but again, names like Malkin, Stamkos, command you pay attention.

My critics want to have fun and say I have a mancrush on Kreider.
My point is, until we know what his ceiling is, we shouldn't be quick to trade him.
Is it likely he will meet/exceed Stamkos/Malkin, not merely franchise but generational players no, so he should be moved unless other compensation would be considered.

Could Kreider in short time + with his ELC contract be more valuable than some of these other names. Possibly. So let's not jump, shall we?

As to Hall:
The issue is NOT whether or not he is productive, BUT WHETHER OR NOT HE CAN BE REPLACED, AND IS THE VALUE RECEIVED WORTH MORE TO OILERS.

The #2 pick in the draft will shortly = Hall as to offense.
They already have RMH, Eberle, Gagner.

Could move Hall (or one of the others) if enough profitable overpayment was sent to them, especially if that overpayment fit their needs, which Girardi/Sauer +does.

Yield to the logic of this fact.

It's a fair alternate ? if Rangers are better off with more D than sniper, but again that is open to debate. But unless Oilers think they are better off making other moves + then signing Suter, etc., for example, they are better served my way as well.

Old
02-13-2012, 12:19 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Gaustad to me fits exactly what the team needs as far as a bottom-6 forward. Moen makes a lot of sense too.
Moen also seems reasonably priced cap wise

Old
02-13-2012, 12:20 PM
howztheglass

As much as I don't believe Zucco will be moved I do hope if he is it's to a team like Columbus who will play him not let me rot in the minors.The kid really does deserve a chance to play in the NHL before he goes back over seas

Old
02-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Lucy, you just so ridiculous!!!!!!!!!

Quickly:

We have established Hank is a world class G. We have a good idea ESTABLISHED as to what he brings. Whether or not it is even possible that we can trade him and get more desirable profit in return is doubtful, but again, names like Malkin, Stamkos, command you pay attention.

My critics want to have fun and say I have a mancrush on Kreider.
My point is, until we know what his ceiling is, we shouldn't be quick to trade him.
Is it likely he will meet/exceed Stamkos/Malkin, not merely franchise but generational players no, so he should be moved unless other compensation would be considered.

Could Kreider in short time + with his ELC contract be more valuable than some of these other names. Possibly. So let's not jump, shall we?

As to Hall:
The issue is NOT whether or not he is productive, BUT WHETHER OR NOT HE CAN BE REPLACED, AND IS THE VALUE RECEIVED WORTH MORE TO OILERS.

The #2 pick in the draft will shortly = Hall as to offense.
They already have RMH, Eberle, Gagner.

Could move Hall (or one of the others) if enough profitable overpayment was sent to them, especially if that overpayment fit their needs, which Girardi/Sauer +does.

Yield to the logic of this fact.

It's a fair alternate ? if Rangers are better off with more D than sniper, but again that is open to debate. But unless Oilers think they are better off making other moves + then signing Suter, etc., for example, they are better served my way as well.
The Kreider example was sarcasm at its finest, first off.

Second, Hall is second on the Oilers in scoring despite having played less games then most. For that Oilers team I would say it is pretty irreplaceable.

Yield to the logic of what fact? Your own eyes make you think that your own logic can even remotely be considered fact. Girardi+ will not get you Taylor Hall. Girardi +++ will not get you Taylor Hall.

We all know Ryan Callahan can score. Is he replaceable? For the right price sure. But you would be hard pressed to find a Rangers fan here who would trade Callahan for anything less then an overpayment that would most likely cause said GM who is making the overpayment to lose his job. Just because the Rangers have an offer for Callahan that would be worth more then Callahans actual worth does not mean the Rangers should make the trade. It is nearly impossible to fathom how you can't seem to understand that logic. For all intensive purposes just assume that Taylor Hall is EDM's version of Callahan except with a higher offensive ceiling.

Old
02-13-2012, 12:35 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
The Kreider example was sarcasm at its finest, first off.

Second, Hall is second on the Oilers in scoring despite having played less games then most. For that Oilers team I would say it is pretty irreplaceable.

Yield to the logic of what fact? Your own eyes make you think that your own logic can even remotely be considered fact. Girardi+ will not get you Taylor Hall. Girardi +++ will not get you Taylor Hall.

We all know Ryan Callahan can score. Is he replaceable? For the right price sure. But you would be hard pressed to find a Rangers fan here who would trade Callahan for anything less then an overpayment that would most likely cause said GM who is making the overpayment to lose his job. Just because the Rangers have an offer for Callahan that would be worth more then Callahans actual worth does not mean the Rangers should make the trade. It is nearly impossible to fathom how you can't seem to understand that logic. For all intensive purposes just assume that Taylor Hall is EDM's version of Callahan except with a higher offensive ceiling.
Stop wasting your time he doesnt get it. Everything is math equations, forget reality. Its become good comic relief

Old
02-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Rust Heisenberg

This is why i hate coming onto this thread.

Old
02-13-2012, 12:38 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Staal and McD play the same side.
Bickel (slow and not good defensively) and Woywitka (probably slowest player on he team) playing 7 minutes a game in the playoffs will do nothing good.
Bold = yeah, but there good enough to adjust if necessary, should Torts decide on that pairing.

Disagree on Bickel.
Woywitka can still be useful at positional play (as opposed to a more full game, rushing the zone, etc.) Perhaps we can get an upgrade.

In any event, its not major minutes

Old
02-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Stop wasting your time he doesnt get it. Everything is math equations, forget reality. Its become good comic relief
Well I now know why the rest of the HF world has the idea that Rangers fans in general think that Kreider will be the next Pavel Bure.

Old
02-13-2012, 12:41 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

I think the bottom line here is that if you like Taylor Hall that much then you should get Center Ice and watch Oilers games. He's not coming to NY any time soon. This is all pure fantasy and terribly pointless.

Old
02-13-2012, 12:43 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Sent: Feb 13, 2012 11:53a

Sounds like CGY C Mikael Backlund (upper body injury suffered Sat vs. VAN) will be out at least a month, but should get official word today.

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/st...01911126065152

There is a deal to be made for Wolski. The Flames are dropping players like flies. Woly is not Brent Sutter's cup of tea but the Flames need a forward or two.

Wolski or a 2nd or 3rd. NYR can the flip the pick to Buffalo for Gaustad.
Big time yes, and even if less is forthcoming, its addition by subtraction, including immediate cap space.

Old
02-13-2012, 12:45 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Well I now know why the rest of the HF world has the idea that Rangers fans in general think that Kreider will be the next Pavel Bure.
I really didnt read anything posted about kreider in this thread especially if bern was making the post.

Regardless im a big big fan of kreider because the kid has all the tools to become a solid top 3 forward. We really havent had anything like him over the past decade or so. He is a pretty complete player. His game could definitely use some work. But after seeing this kid play live a few times he has the size skill speed and hands to become an offensive threat in the NHL. Im not saying he will become elite but you gotta hold onto this one and see how it pans out.

Old
02-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Rust Heisenberg

The Nostradamus in me.

Not every day you get to 1000 posts somewhere. That's some damn commitment, and i'm almost never on this board. So i'm boldly and arrogantly making an entire thread for the occasion. *Enter angry posts about how stupid this thread is*

Anyway, I called the Rangers getting Antropov at the deadline a few years ago. Last year, I predicted we'd get Bryan McCabe a month before it happened.

So, this year, my prediction is Teemu Selanne.

Call me crazy but I think that's who we'll get. I'll gladly eat my crow if we don't get him, but if we get him, I'll gladly accept the title of "sultan" or at least "bamf" on this board. I hope this thread is kept up, either so that I can gloat if i actually happens by some miracle, or that i can gladly accept the flack i'll get when he most likely remains in anaheim...

Old
02-13-2012, 12:47 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I also think the rangers should look into stephane da costa in ottawa. They have a log jam at forward and hes sitting in the minors

Old
02-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I really didnt read anything posted about kreider in this thread especially if bern was making the post.

Regardless im a big big fan of kreider because the kid has all the tools to become a solid top 3 forward. We really havent had anything like him over the past decade or so. He is a pretty complete player. His game could definitely use some work. But after seeing this kid play live a few times he has the size skill speed and hands to become an offensive threat in the NHL. Im not saying he will become elite but you gotta hold onto this one and see how it pans out.
I have no problem with that. I just think any one who expects him to score 30 goals in his rookie year will be severely disappointed.

Closed Thread