HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 8.0 "NHL 12 reigns supreme!"

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2012, 10:31 PM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
Seriously how do people still want d-men? Cmon people, unless its weber just drop the d-men conversations. I cant wait till the trade deadline passes because this board turns my stomach from half the the uneccesary stuff people wish for.

Its a simple thing for trade deadline 2012. Goaltending excellent, defense excellent, penalty kill excellent, offense good, power play sub par.

Adding a power play qb from defense isnt the solution, that is the job of richards and del zotto and they can do it fine, its just a matter of clicking...the talent is there nd proven. Adding more wont help. Like I said leave the defense alone unless its weber.

What we need is to make the offense great, add the scorer. If the asking price is too much than stand pat. Its simple. Whether it is Ryan, Nash, Ruutu or Hemksy or whoever else, thats what we need, a scoring winger. Nothing other than that. Enough with the over analysis.
I want a dman with a hard shot. It keeps the the PKers honest.
Weber would be a dream, and if it happened I would feel very confident in us winning the cup.

Old
02-13-2012, 10:40 PM
Gardner McKay
What a time

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I would consider Staal for Paccioretty.

Adding Dubinsky and Thomas in on top of that? It's a detrimental move.
Pacioretty is having his first good season. Staal is alot more established. Id like to see at least 1 more good year from Patches before I make that move.

Old
02-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Pacioretty is having his first good season. Staal is alot more established. Id like to see at least 1 more good year from Patches before I make that move.
He would have cracked 25 last year had Chara not broken him.

02-13-2012, 11:08 PM
SauceCheese91

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Never thought I would say this regarding Staal, but considering our defensive core, I would one-hundred percent trade him for Patches. Patches is a natural sniper and isn't just having a "good season". He is Montreal's best prospect and he is finally getting his chance with the big club and receiving top minutes as well. Even though he was looking very nice last year, as Zenith pointed out.

Old
02-13-2012, 11:15 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Don't think MTL would move MaxPac. He's only 23, part of their core, whatever that is. They need to retool, but keeping their youth would be beneficial for them, although...they are also getting youth back.

Old
02-13-2012, 11:22 PM
Alluckks

Would you guys move Staal, Wolski, and Thomas for Wayne Simmonds and JVR?

Old
02-13-2012, 11:26 PM
GrizMint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alluckks View Post
Yes, as long as the rest of our D keeps progressing as is

Edit: Don't really know how to feel about it value wise for both teams. Interesting random proposal though

Old
02-13-2012, 11:44 PM
Zil

Quote:
There's no point on even commenting on this proposal. There's zero chance of the Rangers making a major trade with another Atlantic Division team.

Old
02-13-2012, 11:44 PM
Richter915

some validity to the rick nash rumours: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...medium=twitter

Old
02-13-2012, 11:45 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Gaborik should finish with over 40. Callahan should finish around 30. Although it might not happen this year, Richards, Dubinsky, Anisimov, and Stepan will hover in the mid-teens to the 20's. Hagelin will likely be in that group as well..

I'm not too worried about our ability to score. We find ways. You guys are obsessed with that, shiny new toy syndrome. You believe that our defensive success is going to continue thriving without Staal.

Maybe it will. Maybe it won't.

I know I'd rather go to war with Staal patrolling our blue-line, than a 'good' top-6 forward. This season, next season, and beyond.

When the playoffs come, our defensive depth is going to cripple opposing forecheckers. I can't believe there are people here actually advocating trading him, especially for a non-elite player.

Old
02-13-2012, 11:47 PM
GrizMint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
There's no point on even commenting on this proposal. There's zero chance of the Rangers making a major trade with another Atlantic Division team.
It's the NHL 12 trade forum dude! Anything is possible!

But I think the poster was just trying to gauge if it was of equal value on both sides

Old
02-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
....BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Really?

Old
02-14-2012, 01:13 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter915 View Post
some validity to the rick nash rumours: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...medium=twitter
Interesting read. I'm still on the fence about all this. His cap hit is very scary. But he can really bring it some nights. And the thought of him playing with BR is pretty entertaining. It's hard to ignore it though I really don't see it happening.

From a trade standpoint. I dont see the Rangers dealing Kreider any one bit. They love this kid. They sent multiple people from management to go watch him play tonight. And he definitely performed to expectations. A man amongst boys one reporter said of his play tonight. I think if you take out Kreider and add either, Thomas or JT Miller, you got a deal. Throw in the 1st round pick and another pick if you have to. Turn around and trade Wolski for a draft pick if you can. Drury's buyout cap decreases for next season. They can afford to re-sign their youth imo.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:39 AM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Interesting read. I'm still on the fence about all this. His cap hit is very scary. But he can really bring it some nights. And the thought of him playing with BR is pretty entertaining. It's hard to ignore it though I really don't see it happening.

From a trade standpoint. I dont see the Rangers dealing Kreider any one bit. They love this kid. They sent multiple people from management to go watch him play tonight. And he definitely performed to expectations. A man amongst boys one reporter said of his play tonight. I think if you take out Kreider and add either, Thomas or JT Miller, you got a deal. Throw in the 1st round pick and another pick if you have to. Turn around and trade Wolski for a draft pick if you can. Drury's buyout cap decreases for next season. They can afford to re-sign their youth imo.
Did you see the comment by the guy who asked for Duby, Callahan and Stepan for Nash and Carter?

Old
02-14-2012, 01:44 AM
Ola

First of all, the actual odds for a Nash to NY trade to come through are very very low. You have a bunch of factors, and everyone one of them takes away a good portion of the cake. Absolutely.

Nash is a great player and the only one who ever really came through for CBJ.

We are leading the NHL, the new CBA is coming up with uncertainy surrrounding it, Slats have failed big time with big names before etc etc etc. One road for sure for us is to keep the team together untill things really chrystal out what exactly we need. You don't want to trade Zubov and Nedved for Robitalle and Samuelsson to be able to play Philly only to find out that the game had changed and those two players didn't straight out the flaws you had on your roster at all really. Its not a perfect analogy, but mentally in the room it makes more sense to give this roster a 100% shot, and then if they fail, and its clear to everyone what the team needs, make a move like this.

OTOH, and there's definitely a OTOH here, a player like Nash -- if available -- is basically never available. Once every 10 year. I actually don't see any risk at all in getting him.

And all the talk about character, I am sorry but I seldom buy that type of talk at all. One player don't win by himself in the NHL. Like 90% of the time Nash steps on to the ice, he got nothing really to play for. His team is out of the PO picture anyway, almost.

Old
02-14-2012, 01:50 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
Did you see the comment by the guy who asked for Duby, Callahan and Stepan for Nash and Carter?
I love that he spelled Stepan as a "SteFan." Idiot fans. I dont put much stock into what other fans think the rangers should give up. Captain Callahan? LMAO to that one (and I never use that phrase but thats how pathetic it was to read that proposed package.

One Kings fan thinks the Kings can offer a better package by throwing JJ and Bernier in a deal. Why would they deal JJ? He is a solid defenseman and will be for many years. Also still pretty young.

Either way, I'll believe it when I see it. I do have to say though, there's something about this that makes me think Nash really is available and Sather really is interested. It'd hurt to see dubinsky go but Nash is one hell of a player. And itd be the perfect trade to send Dubinsky to a western conference team. Sometimes you have to give to get. And this isnt me advocating a trade for Nash. Like I said before I'm very meh about this because I dont want to mess with the team chemistry. Dubi is well liked. But its hard to believe that this rangers group wouldnt embrace Rick Nash who has never had locker room problems and seems to be well liked and respected. I think he'd fit in fine, just a big change of the team look from one minute to the next. Cally, Dubi, Girardi, Staal, all came up together right around the same time. These guys really pull for each other. I'd much more inclined to deal Anisimov whom I like very much too. However it probably doesnt work cap wise at all even if you send off wolski.

Old
02-14-2012, 02:18 AM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
Quote:
I would never make a trade with a divisional opponent, let alone Philly. I'm pretty sure I'd hurl my brains out if I ever saw Staal in a Flyers sweater.

What's with you people offering Staal anyway? What's wrong with you guys? Yeah we got by without him for a while but we will need him like hell for the playoffs. Just because he's not getting first pairing minutes now does not mean he's not a first pairing talent anymore. He is improving back to his old form with every game. Make no mistake, Staal is the best D man this organization has. Period. We are not trading him.

Old
02-14-2012, 02:33 AM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
I'm worried with this Nash talk. Slats is good with trades but I'm afraid he may feel the pressure and give Kreider away. I would be livid if Kreider was traded.

Old
02-14-2012, 02:36 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I'm worried with this Nash talk. Slats is good with trades but I'm afraid he may feel the pressure and give Kreider away. I would be livid if Kreider was traded.
He's not going to move Kreider.

Old
02-14-2012, 04:55 AM
jniklast

Gaustad for a conditional pick (2nd if we reach the ECF, 3rd if we don't) and a mid-level prospect like Yogan. And then just call it a day, unless, of course, somebody wants Wolski

Old
02-14-2012, 05:04 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
Gaustad for a conditional pick (2nd if we reach the ECF, 3rd if we don't) and a mid-level prospect like Yogan. And then just call it a day, unless, of course, somebody wants Wolski
Well Mikael Backlund is going to be out about a month. Wonder if something could be done like Wolski + to Calgary for Corey Sarich?

Old
02-14-2012, 05:13 AM
pld459666

If Staal was traded to Montreal, I'd want more than Patches back that';s for damn sure.

Max is decent little player, but not worth a top pairing shut down defenceman.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:28 AM
SML

I don't think we should be adding anything as big as Nash. You dance with who brought you. Every single player on this roster has bought into this. They've somehow figured out how to play playoff style hockey all season. Its only right to see it through. I would like a "little things" player like Gaustad. Big, physical, great on faceoffs, American like most of the guys in the room, and he's a warrior. And you you won't have to rip the roster apart to get him. You could put him in and not sacrifice physicality at all, and you'll need that if you figure the road to the Cup goes through Boston.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:52 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter915 View Post
Any validity in that article was lost when they cited Pat Leonard of the NY Daily News as a source, especially when RB has already cited sources that contradict his claim that the Rangers had a scout watching Columbus-Minnesota.

Nash is a pipe dream.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:55 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
Seriously how do people still want d-men? Cmon people, unless its weber just drop the d-men conversations. I cant wait till the trade deadline passes because this board turns my stomach from half the the uneccesary stuff people wish for.

Its a simple thing for trade deadline 2012. Goaltending excellent, defense excellent, penalty kill excellent, offense good, power play sub par.

Adding a power play qb from defense isnt the solution, that is the job of richards and del zotto and they can do it fine, its just a matter of clicking...the talent is there nd proven. Adding more wont help. Like I said leave the defense alone unless its weber.

What we need is to make the offense great, add the scorer. If the asking price is too much than stand pat. Its simple. Whether it is Ryan, Nash, Ruutu or Hemksy or whoever else, thats what we need, a scoring winger. Nothing other than that. Enough with the over analysis.

If Sauer is not expected back, than I'll take Kubina, and use Eminger as the 7th D-man. Once again, look at what happened to Vancouver last year. You can never have enough D-men, especially come playoff time.

Closed Thread