HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 8.0 "NHL 12 reigns supreme!"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-14-2012, 11:52 AM
  #701
Tawnos
Moderator
BoH Mod Only
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceCheese91 View Post
I dont think we are getting Nash at all, but some of you guys thinking were going to hold on to Stepan, Kreider, MDZ, Hagelin and get Nash is just insane. If we were in the same boat as CBJ we would demand their best prospect atleast and then some more on top.
If you put a guy on the market, you better be prepared to have your "demands" ignored.

Tawnos is online now  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:55 AM
  #702
Affinity
Registered User
 
Affinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,066
vCash: 500
The Ranger's window for contention extends beyond this year. I think it would be best to keep our core together longer and see what they can do without a blockbuster trade. A cheaper rental like Smythe would be best this season in the long run.

Affinity is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:55 AM
  #703
SauceCheese91
Registered User
 
SauceCheese91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
If you put a guy on the market, you better be prepared to have your "demands" ignored.
Yeah maybe hes "on the market" as you say, but hes not being shopped per say. Don't kid yourself, if we had Nash and we were in CBJ situation with an awful team and not a whole lot of youth, we would demand one of the mentioned players atleast. Nash is "considered" one of the premier players in the league, which is why he SHOULD fetch a good return for them, but I don't see it coming down to the Rangers.

SauceCheese91 is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:55 AM
  #704
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCally View Post
Unfortunately, in the cap world, the Rangers will not be able to retain all these young studs long-term. Someone will have to moved eventually.
All of what you say is true...so why then would you move an all star defenseman who is signed to a very cap friendly hit of under 4M for the next 3 years?

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:59 AM
  #705
boyle2boyle
Registered User
 
boyle2boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Queens via London
Posts: 742
vCash: 500
Take Kreider out and it works for me.

Dubinsky, McIlrath, and a 1st for Nash

OR

Dubinsky, Erixon, and a 1st for Nash and Pahlsson

Either one of those trades would make us a better team right now and put us in serious contention for the Stanley Cup. I just think that we are deeper on D in the future than forward, and trading Kreider for Nash would be a mistake. Columbus needs d-men too, so I think there's a chance they'd be on board.

boyle2boyle is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:59 AM
  #706
frisland
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceCheese91 View Post
Nash is "considered" one of the premier players in the league, which is why he SHOULD fetch a good return for them, but I don't see it coming down to the Rangers.
neither do i. CLM major need is goaltending, we have none to spare. they would be better off sending him somewhere where they can get a goalie back (LA, VAN, STL, even BOS)

frisland is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 11:59 AM
  #707
HockeyBurd*
 
HockeyBurd*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
I'm not advocating any Rick Nash crap trade but what if he came here and scored 30+ every year would it still be as disastrous ? I've only really seen him play in the olympics and he was IMO when playing alongside Getzlaf borderline unstoppable From shift to shift
Wow... 30 goals every year... for Dubinsky, Kreider and a draft pick... because they wouldn't equate to well over 30 goals and a whole lot more. Yeah... so tempting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theFiGS42 View Post
Not saying I'd do it but if we did give them Krieder Dubi and a first, we go on to win the cup this year or next and he puts up 70-85 points a year and we're at the top of the conference every year. Isnt it all worth it?
Also what if we end up all getting laid by supermodels? Wouldn't that be worth it? I think it would.

HockeyBurd* is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 12:02 PM
  #708
Tawnos
Moderator
BoH Mod Only
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrichsized View Post
Either one of those trades would make us a better team right now and put us in serious contention for the Stanley Cup. I just think that we are deeper on D in the future than forward, and trading Kreider for Nash would be a mistake. Columbus needs d-men too, so I think there's a chance they'd be on board.
First, that's very debatable. Dubinsky isn't as easy to replace as you think he is.

Second, we're going to be in serious contention for the Stanley Cup without making those deals.

Tawnos is online now  
Old
02-14-2012, 12:05 PM
  #709
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,072
vCash: 873
I think that this is a deal that the Rangers should be looking to make.

We have complained till we were as blue in the face as the color of our home jerseys and here we have a legit top notch LW sniper, a position we have needed to upgrade for a while now.

We have a system that WILL NOT BE DEPLETED by this one trade.

Yes, the cap hit hurts a bit. Yes the term is not ideal. But when you have a system like the Rangers do you can fford to make thse kinds of moves and continue to back fill positions on the team made open by departing UFA's

Gaborik is a UFA in 2 years, you let him walk. That frees up 7.5 million. It's a tough decision, but one that is going to be made for one of our players eventually.

We are not breaking the bank in terms of parting with prospects for one phantom shot at 8th place in the Eastern Conference.

We are talking about adding a legit 1st line LW to a team that is currently in 1st place with as legit a shot at the cup as any team is in the NHL today.

Obviously there are certain prospects that are non-starters such as Kreider and in my opinion JT Miller, but if you are giving up any other two prospects, a Brandon Dubinsky (even at his best he is included in this trade) and a 1st to me its a deal that MUST be explored.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 12:09 PM
  #710
boyle2boyle
Registered User
 
boyle2boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Queens via London
Posts: 742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
First, that's very debatable. Dubinsky isn't as easy to replace as you think he is.

Second, we're going to be in serious contention for the Stanley Cup without making those deals.
Are you suggesting that Nash isn't an upgrade over Dubinsky? The only way in which the trades I suggested change our current team is that Dubinsky would be replaced with Nash, and we could get Pahlsson for the 4th line and faceoff help, as I don't really trust Johnny Malkin come playoff time.

Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik
Nash-Richards-Callahan
Hagelin-Boyle-Prust
Fedotenko-Pahlsson-Rupp

If you don't think those lines would bring us closer to a cup than our current ones, you're delusional. I love Dubinsky, but there is no way that swapping him for Nash would make us a worse team.

boyle2boyle is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 12:10 PM
  #711
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
Wow... 30 goals every year... for Dubinsky, Kreider and a draft pick... because they wouldn't equate to well over 30 goals and a whole lot more. Yeah... so tempting.

Also what if we end up all getting laid by supermodels? Wouldn't that be worth it? I think it would.
Come on now. You know that getting 30 goals from one player is more valuable than getting 30+ goals from 3. I'm not advocating that trade (not sure I want to move Kreider right now) but any time you get the best player in a trade the sum of the other players stats are going to exceed his stats.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 12:13 PM
  #712
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,860
vCash: 500
Nash-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan


Attachment 52655


Last edited by BroadwayBlues: 04-07-2012 at 06:29 PM.
BroadwayBlues is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 12:15 PM
  #713
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,487
vCash: 500
As much as I like Dubinsky, I'd take Nash over him in a heartbeat. Losing Kreider would suck though, although I'm sure Sather would be able to put together a decent package if this is all true.

WhipNash27 is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 12:17 PM
  #714
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,072
vCash: 873
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Come on now. You know that getting 30 goals from one player is more valuable than getting 30+ goals from 3. I'm not advocating that trade (not sure I want to move Kreider right now) but any time you get the best player in a trade the sum of the other players stats are going to exceed his stats.
What alot of this also doesn't take into consideration is that:

You trade Dubinsky and Kreider for Nash. - those two players go on to outscore Nash for the next 5 years, that's fine, but what about the player that steps into the open opportunity created by Kreider's absence. That players production for the Rangers HAS to be added to Nash's production to make the direct comparison fair and legit.

Nash and for arguments sake, Hagelin's production compared to that of Dubinsky and Kreider's over the next 5 years. I think I would venture a guess that Nash and Hagelin out produce Dubi and Kreider.

****NOTE****

Kreider was used as a for instance, I do not advocate trading him.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 12:22 PM
  #715
darrenturcotte#8
Registered User
 
darrenturcotte#8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,081
vCash: 500
I agree that Dubi is a lot harder to replace than people think. I also agree that Nash is a clear cut upgrade over him. I think Kreider's value is very high right now and he remains unproven. He's a projected top 6 scoring winger so Nash is a great replacement for him. Add Erixon who looks great but there is no room for and a 1st rounder and this team is a clear cut cup contender, maybe even favorite... Kreider, Erixon and a 1st has to be close...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 12:22 PM
  #716
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrichsized View Post
Take Kreider out and it works for me.

Dubinsky, McIlrath, and a 1st for Nash

OR

Dubinsky, Erixon, and a 1st for Nash and Pahlsson

Either one of those trades would make us a better team right now and put us in serious contention for the Stanley Cup. I just think that we are deeper on D in the future than forward, and trading Kreider for Nash would be a mistake. Columbus needs d-men too, so I think there's a chance they'd be on board.
How does taking out the guy who isnt playing for the Rangers help the team out more "right now"

Im more concerned "right now" about losing Dubinsky who, despite not being able to put the puck in the ocean this season, is still a very underrated part of this current team.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 12:22 PM
  #717
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrichsized View Post
If you don't think those lines would bring us closer to a cup than our current ones, you're delusional. I love Dubinsky, but there is no way that swapping him for Nash would make us a worse team.
That is not the point. Tradign Dubinksy would hurt the core of this team. Part of the reason for the success of thsi team is that EVERYONE playes EXACTLY how Torts demands. Without exception. And that means subjugating offense for defense. You could get into a case like when Bure was traded for when he essentially said that you cannot play great defense and great offense at the same time. So he did neither.

Off course getting Nash would make this team closer to teh Cup. At least on paper. But if you disrupt the apple cart, you take a chance on derailing everyting. And you will be in salary cap hell for quite a while. Dubinsky is a leader on the team. he is a part of the core. The success of this team has depended on that core.

True Blue is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 12:24 PM
  #718
racer90
Registered User
 
racer90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Nash is great,
but considering his contract and the likelihood that kreider gets packaged... makes me not do a deal

racer90 is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 12:29 PM
  #719
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Yes, the cap hit hurts a bit. Yes the term is not ideal. But when you have a system like the Rangers do you can fford to make thse kinds of moves and continue to back fill positions on the team made open by departing UFA's

Gaborik is a UFA in 2 years, you let him walk. That frees up 7.5 million. It's a tough decision, but one that is going to be made for one of our players eventually.
The problem is that you loose the flexibility to be able to resign your own players. And if you want to keep that defense together for a number of years, they will need raised. In a cap world, you cannot have take away manueverability for two years.

True Blue is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 12:30 PM
  #720
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
That is not the point. Tradign Dubinksy would hurt the core of this team. Part of the reason for the success of thsi team is that EVERYONE playes EXACTLY how Torts demands. Without exception. And that means subjugating offense for defense. You could get into a case like when Bure was traded for when he essentially said that you cannot play great defense and great offense at the same time. So he did neither.

Off course getting Nash would make this team closer to teh Cup. At least on paper. But if you disrupt the apple cart, you take a chance on derailing everyting. And you will be in salary cap hell for quite a while. Dubinsky is a leader on the team. he is a part of the core. The success of this team has depended on that core.
TB, you're old enough like me to remember when the Rangers traded for the highest scoring LW of all time, and when he got to NY, he suddenly forgot how to score, including a season where he played next to the greatest passer of all time. Everybody is under the assumption that anybody can play in this city.


Last edited by jas: 02-14-2012 at 12:36 PM.
jas is online now  
Old
02-14-2012, 12:33 PM
  #721
Horseradish
Registered User
 
Horseradish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 3,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Aviary View Post
Still seems unlikely, $4m should be able to fetch a player better than Wolski.
Nah, Wolski at $4 million is a bargain if he gets back to 60 points+. At worst, if he's signed for 2-3 years, it doesn't really affect Edmonton when they're signing the kids to big deals.

And keep in mind that the UFA class this year isn't all that good for scoring wingers either...so the ones who are available will be overpaid and underperform. Boyes and Penner are among the higher echelon of UFA wingers, remember...

Horseradish is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 12:42 PM
  #722
JoeRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
That is not the point. Tradign Dubinksy would hurt the core of this team. Part of the reason for the success of thsi team is that EVERYONE playes EXACTLY how Torts demands. Without exception. And that means subjugating offense for defense. You could get into a case like when Bure was traded for when he essentially said that you cannot play great defense and great offense at the same time. So he did neither.

Off course getting Nash would make this team closer to teh Cup. At least on paper. But if you disrupt the apple cart, you take a chance on derailing everyting. And you will be in salary cap hell for quite a while. Dubinsky is a leader on the team. he is a part of the core. The success of this team has depended on that core.
Im sorry but when was Bure ever not great on offense?

JoeRangers is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 12:44 PM
  #723
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
That is not the point. Tradign Dubinksy would hurt the core of this team. Part of the reason for the success of thsi team is that EVERYONE playes EXACTLY how Torts demands. Without exception. And that means subjugating offense for defense. You could get into a case like when Bure was traded for when he essentially said that you cannot play great defense and great offense at the same time. So he did neither.

Off course getting Nash would make this team closer to teh Cup. At least on paper. But if you disrupt the apple cart, you take a chance on derailing everyting. And you will be in salary cap hell for quite a while. Dubinsky is a leader on the team. he is a part of the core. The success of this team has depended on that core.
I think your memory is faulty. Bure put up 20 points in his first 12 games on NYR. The following season he was hurt for most of the year but he put up 30 points in 39 games. Not sure how that's not playing offense...

WhipNash27 is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 12:45 PM
  #724
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post

And keep in mind that the UFA class this year isn't all that good for scoring wingers either...so the ones who are available will be overpaid and underperform. Boyes and Penner are among the higher echelon of UFA wingers, remember...
Parise or bust. lol

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
02-14-2012, 12:46 PM
  #725
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,619
vCash: 500
Bure...he was skating on half a knee when he arrived in NYC.

broadwayblue is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.