HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM 55: Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames - Feb 11 - 7:00PM PST - CBC

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

vCash: 50
GM 55: Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames - Feb 11 - 7:00PM PST - CBC

Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames

Canucks' Record: 34-15-5 @ Flames' Record: 25-22-8

WHEN: Saturday, February 11th, 7:00PM
WHERE: Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary, AB
TV: CBC
RADIO: TEAM 1040AM

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup:
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Bitz
Booth - Kesler - Burrows
Hansen - Malhotra - Raymond
Duco - Hodgson - Lapierre

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Salo
Rome - Alberts

Luongo

Calgary Flames' Starting Lineup:
Tanguay - Jokinen - Iginla
Cammalleri - Backlund - Comeau
Bouma - Horak - Kolanos
Kotsopulous - Stajan - Jackman

Bouwmeester - Butler
Giordano - Hannan
Brodie - Sarich

Kipprusoff

Game Notes:
- D Keith Ballard will not play (neck issues). He will return to Vancouver for evaluation.

Special Teams:
PP:

Vancouver: 1st Overall, 22.9%
Calgary: 13th Overall, 18.0%

PK:
Vancouver: 6th Overall, 85.7%
Calgary: 11th Overall, 83.2%

Canuck Killers:
Jarome Iginla - 83GP, 27G, 43A, 70Pts
Alex Tanguay - 58GP, 19G, 37A, 56Pts
Michael Cammalleri - 24GP, 7G, 12A, 19Pts

Flame Killers:
Daniel Sedin - 65GP, 24G, 42A, 66Pts
Mason Raymond - 21GP, 8G, 8A, 16Pts
David Booth - 6GP, 2G, 5A, 7Pts

The Last Meeting:

Streams:

http://atdhenet.tv/index.html

http://*************/ice-hockey

http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/ice-hockey.html

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/1...avalanche.html

Last edited by Mr. Canucklehead: 02-11-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old
02-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Zanon

vCash: 500
The Flames have become so irrelevant to me now. I remember a couple of years ago how pumped up I used to get every time these two teams clashed...not anymore. Still hope we curb stomp em' though.

Old
02-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Bieksallent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanon View Post
The Flames have become so irrelevant to me now. I remember a couple of years ago how pumped up I used to get every time these two teams clashed...not anymore. Still hope we curb stomp em' though.
I'm hoping they sneak into the playoffs and we manage 1st place. The ideal first round match-up. Though, they won't be making the post-season with their current run of form.

Old
02-10-2012, 12:18 PM
canuck4life16
It what it is-mccann

vCash: 576
5-0 Canucks......

Old
02-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Wetcoaster

Time to douse the Flames.

Old
02-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieksallent View Post
I'm hoping they sneak into the playoffs and we manage 1st place. The ideal first round match-up. Though, they won't be making the post-season with their current run of form.
Their management just can't seem to accept that they are not good enough in their current incarnation to make the post-season. If they deal futures/prospects for immdiate help right now, it will further destroy their chances of effectively re-building that team.

Old
02-10-2012, 12:21 PM
campbell_soup

We haven't had a good blowout win in awhile hmm

Old
02-10-2012, 12:24 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

I hope we remember our game against them right before the Xmas break.

Old
02-10-2012, 12:32 PM
thenextone

No Ballard as per AV. He will get re-evaluated this weekend in Vancouver.

Old
02-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Their management just can't seem to accept that they are not good enough in their current incarnation to make the post-season. If they deal futures/prospects for immdiate help right now, it will further destroy their chances of effectively re-building that team.
And that would be a bad thing, exactly how?

Old
02-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Karl Hungus

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
I hope we remember our game against them right before the Xmas break.
I do. The Flames seem like a trap for the Canucks these days. They are not good enough for the Canucks to bring their "A" game but the Flames still hate us and don't want to get embarrassed.

Old
02-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

I've never been one to rag on Raymond and accept him for what he is but he really needs to show us something against the Flames. It's understandable he's struggled after coming back from serious injury but we need a 3rd line that can make a difference in the playoffs this year and he doesn't look ready to do that.

If Raymond can't come out and perform in the Saddledome his days are numbered IMO. As in 2 weeks numbered...

Old
02-10-2012, 12:39 PM
aandbreatheme

Hat-tricks for Kesler, Daniel, and Hodgson.

Old
02-10-2012, 12:39 PM
xtra

I don't know why everyone is so down on them. I actually think they are making the playoffs as the 8th seed. They have the players to be competitive if not the best of the playoff bubble teams. With that said though i think for them to move prospects or picks to push for a playoff spot to lose in the first round is stupid as they need a rebuild.

Right now i see them as a bubble team thats not good enough to be a Stanley Cup threat but can make the playoffs and not bad enough to be edmonton bad

Old
02-10-2012, 12:41 PM
VanEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtra View Post
I don't know why everyone is so down on them. I actually think they are making the playoffs as the 8th seed. They have the players to be competitive if not the best of the playoff bubble teams. With that said though i think for them to move prospects or picks to push for a playoff spot to lose in the first round is stupid as they need a rebuild.

Right now i see them as a bubble team thats not good enough to be a Stanley Cup threat but can make the playoffs and not bad enough to be edmonton bad
Never good enough to do anything, never bad enough to get a good draft pick.

Old
02-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
Never good enough to do anything, never bad enough to get a good draft pick.
Though this is true it's hard to dump on a general manager for refusing to cheat the game the way Tambellini has. Tanking is the smarter way to get to elite status than plodding along as an average club but it is a pretty dishonest way to go about things.

Not to mention watching the playoffs is extremely exciting for Canadian hockey fans. Even though the numbers make it pretty clear you have literally zero chance to win a cup as a 7 or 8 seed as fans you can easily delude yourself into thinking you have a legitimate shot if everything falls into place

Feaster isn't giving his organization the best possible chance to build a championship club but at least he's trying to win.

Old
02-10-2012, 12:50 PM
xtr3m

Double team Jokinen! The guy is coming off a hat trick.

Oh, and first game on CBC in how long?..

Last edited by xtr3m: 02-10-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old
02-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Karl Hungus

The Bourque for Cammaleri was a good move for the Flames. Bourque could not make a pass or read the play. He was a north/south shooter only. Iginla tends to get hot in the back half of the season and Jokinen has been on tear lately. If they stay healthy they have a shot at the #8 spot but it won't be easy. They have to beat out Dallas, Phoenix, Minnesota and Colorado who are all in a log jam at the moment.

Old
02-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Lard_Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Feaster isn't giving his organization the best possible chance to build a championship club but at least he's trying to win.
Or he just figures he won't be able to sign his first-rounder again., anyhow.

Old
02-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Though this is true it's hard to dump on a general manager for refusing to cheat the game the way Tambellini has. Tanking is the smarter way to get to elite status than plodding along as an average club but it is a pretty dishonest way to go about things.

Not to mention watching the playoffs is extremely exciting for Canadian hockey fans. Even though the numbers make it pretty clear you have literally zero chance to win a cup as a 7 or 8 seed as fans you can easily delude yourself into thinking you have a legitimate shot if everything falls into place

I don't think Tambellini is purposely tanking, his team is genuinely sucking. Lots of injuries and an extremely weak defense has sunk them. They actually have a pretty good record at home, their PP is 2nd best in the league, their PK is 12th best...it's that hideous defense that is killing them.

Old
02-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Hungus View Post
The Bourque for Cammaleri was a good move for the Flames. Bourque could not make a pass or read the play. He was a north/south shooter only. Iginla tends to get hot in the back half of the season and Jokinen has been on tear lately. If they stay healthy they have a shot at the #8 spot but it won't be easy. They have to beat out Dallas, Phoenix, Minnesota and Colorado who are all in a log jam at the moment.
IMHO, his bigger problem is that he plays like he doesn't give a **** for long stretches at a time.

Old
02-10-2012, 01:05 PM
opendoor

Calgary definitely has a shot at 8th place. All those teams (and I'd probably include LA in this) aren't really making a case for themselves lately and all have pretty mediocre records. It'll probably be a case of who can suck less over the final 25-30 games. Other than LA (who has started to slump over the past 10 or so games) they all have pretty bad records over their last 20 games:

LAK: 10-5-5
PHX: 8-7-5
DAL: 9-10-1
MIN: 5-12-3
CGY: 9-7-4
COL: 10-8-2

Old
02-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Karl Hungus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
IMHO, his bigger problem is that he plays like he doesn't give a **** for long stretches at a time.
Yeah, he definitely has some issues with his head. So does Cammaleri to a degree but he's got 1st line skill which the Flames need more of. Their powerplay looks a lot better with Cammaleri on it. Bourque reminds me of David Booth with a poor attitude.

Old
02-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
I don't think Tambellini is purposely tanking, his team is genuinely sucking. Lots of injuries and an extremely weak defense has sunk them. They actually have a pretty good record at home, their PP is 2nd best in the league, their PK is 12th best...it's that hideous defense that is killing them.
Maybe I'm giving Tambellini too much credit but how hard would it be for him to improve that defense? He has a ton of stockpiled assets and picks at his disposal to bring in some verteran help but never seems willing. Not to mention the previous 2 years where they had glaring holes that he never attempted to plug.

Maybe this is just the repurcussions of hiring a guy that got his start as the VP of beverage sales? Who knows.

Old
02-10-2012, 01:15 PM
FacepalmBenning
FIRE EVERYONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanon View Post
So true, those games were pretty epic. I remember the game Brookbank debuted as a Canuck and one punched Oliwa as being one of the more epic regular season moments back in the day because of the rivalry. Now aside from a grey headed Iginla and Kiprusoff, that team is beyond generic.

Also is it my imagination or is Iginla unconsciously blinking "S.0.S." like The Manchurian Candidate every Flames game the last few years? I really want to see him Ray Bourque his way out of Calgary.

Closed Thread