HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#54 | Los Angeles Kings vs. New York Islanders | Feb 11 | W 2-1 (OT)

Old
02-12-2012, 08:27 AM
islandermaniac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
The Islanders lack scoring because of their weak defensive play. Look at today, they had some good scoring chances, but they had a very hard time clearing the puck. They have spent a lot of time in the defensive zone, which is not very good. They were lucky to beat the Flyers and Kings. If they had better defenseman they would have A LOT more goals this year. I don't think they're playoff bound because the defense is weak and I'm not really a fan of Capuano. Hamonic is very good, but after him is pretty weak. A-Mac had a better year last year, and Streit is playing better offensively as of late, but is still below average defensively. Jurcinia is a good/average 5-6 defenseman, Eaton is a below average 5-6 defenseman, Staios shouldn't be on the team.
you are correct...the isles d stinks. i didn't think i needed to get into the reasons why the isles can't score but if i need to, yes, the awful players on d is a good reason. let's not forget that we don't have 12 real nhlers up front, either. for both reasons, the isles aren't making the playoffs.

islandermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 09:46 AM
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streit Power View Post
This has to be the funniest thing I've heard in a hell of a long time
What's so funny about it? This season he would have played himself out of any decent defense's top pair, and you know only Wang himself would put him on the shutdown pair. That only leaves one defensive pair for him to slot into.

I hope he turns his season around because we all win if he does, and any chance this club has of making the playoffs will require it, and others getting better as well. It's hard to assume he will though based on the entire body of evidence from this season though. I hope I am wrong, but...

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 08:10 PM
KingsFan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNYI View Post
Did the girl behind the kings bench get hit by a puck? did anyone else see that?
Yeah, that was my daughter! We are here for vacation from So. Cal. and I took her to the game. Being behind the bench, our view was obstructed, and we never saw it coming till the last second! She was taken to the emergency room and got 4 staples in her head!

And it happened only 5 minutes into the game - I splurged on the close seats behind the Kings bench so she could see the players up close and personal, and then this happens!

But I gotta tell you, you Islander's fans completely messed up our stereotype of New York fans - every single person we met there before and after the "incident" was amazingly nice! And the security and first aid personnel were fantastic - kudos to them!

Anyway, good luck to you guys - I think the Islanders just became her second favorite team!

Kevin.

KingsFan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 08:19 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan11 View Post
Yeah, that was my daughter! We are here for vacation from So. Cal. and I took her to the game. Being behind the bench, our view was obstructed, and we never saw it coming till the last second! She was taken to the emergency room and got 4 staples in her head!

And it happened only 5 minutes into the game - I splurged on the close seats behind the Kings bench so she could see the players up close and personal, and then this happens!

But I gotta tell you, you Islander's fans completely messed up our stereotype of New York fans - every single person we met there before and after the "incident" was amazingly nice! And the security and first aid personnel were fantastic - kudos to them!

Anyway, good luck to you guys - I think the Islanders just became her second favorite team!

Kevin.
here's one islander fan wishing her a speedy recovery...

islandermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Backhand of Justice
Casey Zeeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac View Post
here's one islander fan wishing her a speedy recovery...
Ditto.

Very sorry to hear that she got hit with the puck. Hope she gets better quick.

Backhand of Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 08:50 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:

Kevin.
Glad she is okay. If you were at MSG those fans wouldn't have disappointed you in your stereotype.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:

Kevin.
Glad she's okay. Feel better!!! Awkward way to gain a new fan.

02-13-2012, 10:53 AM
redbull
springtime hockey!

Quote:

Kevin.
that really sucks, i hope she recovers quickly.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote