HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stewart>Oshie

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Pen13

vCash: 500
Stewart>Oshie

People seem to have given up on Chris Stewart and everybody think Tj Oshie is sooo good. Although I think Oshie is a solid player Chris Stewart is better. Every player has a bad year and this happens to be Chris'. If he played with Backes like he did last year he would have 25 goals right now. His game is below the goal line and him and Backes could be deadly together. Hitchcock gives every offensive oppurtunity to oshie and has forgotten about Stewart. Stewart will be a star in the NHL, better hope he doesnt get traded.

Old
02-10-2012, 08:55 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
Did you forget that Hitch has put Stewart with Backes on multiple occasions?

Old
02-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Rizzo90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Did you forget that Hitch has put Stewart with Backes on multiple occasions?
^this!!

Old
02-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
Oshie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stewart

The only thing Stewart does better than Oshie is fight, and Stewart barely fights. There is not one part of Stewart's game that is even in the same stratosphere as Oshie's. Oshie is a relentless 2 way player while Stewart is a one way floater.

Old
02-10-2012, 09:14 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
Oshie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stewart

The only thing Stewart does better than Oshie is fight, and Stewart barely fights. There is not one part of Stewart's game that is even in the same stratosphere as Oshie's. Oshie is a relentless 2 way player while Stewart is a one way floater.
When Stewart actually plays to his ability, he is a better scorer, but that's the only thing he has over Oshie.

Old
02-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Mike Liut

Quote:
When Stewart actually plays to his ability, he is a better scorer, but that's the only thing he has over Oshie.

I would be willing to bet he doesn't out score Oshie ever again, unless he goes to a team with a true playmaking center than feeds him. He can't score on his own like Oshie.

Old
02-10-2012, 09:44 PM
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!

Nobody who has watched the Blues all season could legitimately say that Stewart is better than Oshie, come on.

Old
02-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Stewart has the potential to be better I suppose.

No facet of the game this season would show that though

Last edited by Dolph Ziggler: 02-10-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old
02-10-2012, 09:52 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Judging from your post history, it doesn't look like you watch a lot of Blues games. Watch some games and then come back and tell us if you still have the same opinion.

Old
02-10-2012, 10:07 PM
BlueBeard

You better tell Stewart this revelation because Stewart needs to work on playing better than Chris Porter right now.

Old
02-10-2012, 10:10 PM
CitizenSnips
TheFightingMongooses

this cannot be serious. i know that stewart has a high ceiling which we have seen flashes of and is just not delivering. this says he is in a funk and we should not give up on him. However, oshie outworks bigger, stronger, more talented players which says that he has the drive and will to continue to get better every shift of his career.

Old
02-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Mike Liut

Quote:
Judging from your post history, it doesn't look like you watch a lot of Blues games. Watch some games and then come back and tell us if you still have the same opinion.

17 posts in 2 1/2 years, so I guess he really felt like he had to get that off his chest. The Blues are off, so it could be Chris himself, lol. Hey Chris, if that's you, will you please start playing like somebody who's 6'2 228. Hit somebody for once. Watch Backes and Oshie and do what they do. Hell, you are bigger and stronger than both of them, and can fight better. You are playing for a friggen contract too. You are also on a team that can contend and needs you to score 30. Maybe you are a dope head like Avs fans say and the dope is making you lethargic. If that's the case, you are a friggen loser. If not, then start kicking some ass already. You have the talent, the size and the strength to be a force. As of now, you can't hold Backes or Oshie's jock. Even Walt in his final years, all 270 lbs out played you. Prove me wrong.

Old
02-10-2012, 10:37 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:
Even Walt in his final years, all 270 lbs out played you.
This is my favorite lines in quite sometime.

Last edited by bleedblue1223: 02-10-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old
02-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Stillflexin*

Quote:
17 posts in 2 1/2 years, so I guess he really felt like he had to get that off his chest. The Blues are off, so it could be Chris himself, lol. Hey Chris, if that's you, will you please start playing like somebody who's 6'2 228. Hit somebody for once. Watch Backes and Oshie and do what they do. Hell, you are bigger and stronger than both of them, and can fight better. You are playing for a friggen contract too. You are also on a team that can contend and needs you to score 30. Maybe you are a dope head like Avs fans say and the dope is making you lethargic. If that's the case, you are a friggen loser. If not, then start kicking some ass already. You have the talent, the size and the strength to be a force. As of now, you can't hold Backes or Oshie's jock. Even Walt in his final years, all 270 lbs out played you. Prove me wrong.
Lol its not Chris its actually Anthony sitting in waivers right now hoping his brother doesn't do the same thing.

Old
02-10-2012, 11:34 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Hey now, there is a time and a place for everything. That place is called college.

Old
02-10-2012, 11:46 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Hey now, there is a time and a place for everything. That place is called college.
well could you please tell chris...

Old
02-11-2012, 01:05 AM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

OP is obviously the Devils announcer from last game. I mean, Stewart is having an outstanding season after all, right?

Old
02-11-2012, 01:13 AM
BlueDream

Quote:
I would be willing to bet he doesn't out score Oshie ever again, unless he goes to a team with a true playmaking center than feeds him. He can't score on his own like Oshie.
You must have forgotten the Stewart we saw last season. He can score goals on his own and has shown it several times. I realize he's struggling but he's still one of the better natural goal scorers on this team. I am not even going to waste my time with you though. It's rather hilarious the hatred you have for Stewart.

And yes Oshie is obviously a more valuable player than him.

Old
02-11-2012, 01:34 AM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
You must have forgotten the Stewart we saw last season. He can score goals on his own and has shown it several times. I realize he's struggling but he's still one of the better natural goal scorers on this team. I am not even going to waste my time with you though. It's rather hilarious the hatred you have for Stewart.

420 posts!? You damn doper!

Old
02-11-2012, 01:45 AM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteenMachine View Post
420 posts!? You damn doper!
Haha just noticed that combined with my username...I think I've been caught.

Old
02-11-2012, 08:24 AM
Blueshockey21

While the OP is obviously off you guys who are blasting stewart for being a dope head are sad and the ones saying oshie is light years better then stewart are way off too The difference is quite evident and its not in skill, its in confidence, oshie is flying with confidence.

Old
02-11-2012, 08:46 AM
kittensmasher
moe.ron

Okay I think we all agree the OP is a few stoners short of a Phish concert and obviously there are legitimate things to criticize about #25 this season, but let's please not turn this into a Stewart-bashing thread.

Old
02-11-2012, 08:57 AM
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post

Agreed, I still believe Stewart can get things turned around, maybe not this season but if we give him an Oshie like contract for next year to prove himself and see what he can do, although Im not sure if he would still be a RFA if we just did one year?

Old
02-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Quaz

Stewart has a couple advantages over Oshie. He has size, more speed and has two 28 goal seasons in the NHL. Oshie is more physical and can play in all situations. Oshie's strength on his skates makes up for the size difference between the two. I am surprised at how easily Stewart gets knocked off the puck. If I had to pick between the two, I would take Oshie. Shift to shift Oshie brings the intensity. If Stewart had the same motor as Oshie he would be a star in the NHL. I'm not down on Stewart. I believe he has room for improvement and that the Blues should stick with him. If Schwartz and Tarasenko can translate their success to the NHL the Blues will be loaded with talent!

Old
02-11-2012, 11:33 AM
BigB
We Want Big Macs!

Or not...

Closed Thread