HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

$#*! My 1290 Says (Formerly The First Annual Rick Ralph Roast)

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 12:59 PM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
Definitly tough for rick having to deal with the "we lost, thus everyone needs to go" mentality of a lot of "interesting" callers.

As for IC and advanced stats, content/research wise they are very good. I just have problems with the ways they make their arguments sometimes, how the show is presented (as mnetioned previous, talking over eachother, in jokes, etc etc), and most of their opinions i don't agree with.

I don't mind opinions i dont' agree with, provided i respect the logic/thought process and presentation...which i don't get from them. To each his own i guess...
I've been drinking the whole game and now I've got something to say! <burp>Emstrom is gotta go, eh!? Where's Lawless? Fire Noel! FIRE EVERYONE!</click>

lol...I'm not even sure why they take calls after the game, except to amuse/depress me.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:04 PM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 500
Everytime Lawless brings up Kane not being a Winnipeg Jet type of guy and that eventually he will get traded. Drink.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Curt in WPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
I've been drinking the whole game and now I've got something to say! <burp>Emstrom is gotta go, eh!? Where's Lawless? Fire Noel! FIRE EVERYONE!</click>

lol...I'm not even sure why they take calls after the game, except to amuse/depress me.
Ha! Last night after the game I said to my wife the crazies will be calling tonight saying they have to trade the entire team. First call: Enstrom is a bum, trade him! I love call in shows!

Old
01-31-2013, 05:12 PM
SensibleGuy

vCash: 50
man, I hate it when H&L is on "radio row" at the superbowl...

Old
01-31-2013, 11:31 PM
RalphyTSN1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt in WPG View Post
Ha! Last night after the game I said to my wife the crazies will be calling tonight saying they have to trade the entire team. First call: Enstrom is a bum, trade him! I love call in shows!
You should have caught tonight.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:45 AM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphyTSN1290 View Post
Better or worse then the game?

Old
02-01-2013, 06:57 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
It was quite comical last night.

Some of the people that call in need their meds adjusted

Old
02-01-2013, 11:12 AM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
My post from the PGT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Rick Ralph 1290: Hi Dennis!

Dennis: Yes, I was wondering how many goals Hainsey was on the ice for?

RR: Actually he ended up even

Dennis: Oh, it just seemed like he didn't...

RR: Yep, in a 6-3 loss, plus minus was even, 1 shot, 3 blocked shots... not bad.

Dennis: hangs up.

02-01-2013, 11:20 AM
sully1410

Quote:
My post from the PGT:
That's funny. He really needs to stop deflecting shots into our own goal.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:31 AM
OnionPuck

Speaking of 1290... am I the only one who's sick to death of Gary Lawless talking about non-stories preceding the superbowl? Honestly, the other day he and some other guy were going on about sightseeing for like 20 minutes...

Old
02-01-2013, 11:35 AM
Gm0ney

Quote:
My post from the PGT:
Rick's got a bit of a disingenuous streak when he's talking to these callers. Admittedly, they're generally a bunch of drunken yahoos...but sometimes those drunken yahoos have a point.

The question was "how many goals was Hainsey on the ice for?" not "what was Hainsey's plus/minus?" or "how'd you think Hainsey was out there?"

The correct answer is "Hainsey was on the ice for 5 goals - four against the Jets and one for the Jets."

Speaking of...I couldn't believe it when I watched the late Oilers game and saw them clearing the crease. You can do that?! Someone should tell Hainsey about that!

BTW: What happened to Ray Neufeld on the pre- and post-game shows? Did he get snapped up by the main network or something? Ha ha, just kidding - Ray was the worst thing to happen to radio since television.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Gm0ney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion View Post
Speaking of 1290... am I the only one who's sick to death of Gary Lawless talking about non-stories preceding the superbowl? Honestly, the other day he and some other guy were going on about sightseeing for like 20 minutes...
Lawless on holiday: Jets 3-1-1
Lawless back on 1290: Jets 0-2-0

I would really like Kane to run him out of town, instead of the opposite. Come on, Evander - you get Lawless "reassigned" and you'll be bigger than Selanne in Winnipeg!

Old
02-01-2013, 11:42 AM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
Rick's got a bit of a disingenuous streak when he's talking to these callers. Admittedly, they're generally a bunch of drunken yahoos...but sometimes those drunken yahoos have a point.

The question was "how many goals was Hainsey on the ice for?" not "what was Hainsey's plus/minus?" or "how'd you think Hainsey was out there?"

The correct answer is "Hainsey was on the ice for 5 goals - four against the Jets and one for the Jets."

Speaking of...I couldn't believe it when I watched the late Oilers game and saw them clearing the crease. You can do that?! Someone should tell Hainsey about that!

BTW: What happened to Ray Neufeld on the pre- and post-game shows? Did he get snapped up by the main network or something? Ha ha, just kidding - Ray was the worst thing to happen to radio since television.
So, you mean that he isn't bad at all?

Not to derail things or get all radio nerd on you but radio is more profitable than television.

Back on topic: As a defenseman I've had games where I was on the ice for every goal against and still felt I played well. You can't control what your partner/ forwards on the ice/ goaltender does.

If the forwards won some draws, got the puck deep and used their bodies to wear down the Panthers inexperienced D and Pavelec made a few saves Hainsey probably wouldn't have been on the ice for 4 GA. So, even though RR might have dodged the question somewhat I think he was trying to illustrate that sometimes raw numbers don't tell the whole picture.

I agree with him.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:14 PM
SensibleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion View Post
Lawless gets on my nerves most when he tries to come across like some sort of big wheel at the Superbowl. He acts like all these "awesome guests" he's managed to get on the show are old chums who actually remember who he is. Now I appreciate that to a certain degree thats his job, I just find he's really annoying about it...

Old
02-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Curt in WPG

Quote:
I would have ended up calling and and becoming just like those I like to mock. Sigh.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Gm0ney

Quote:
So, you mean that he isn't bad at all?

Not to derail things or get all radio nerd on you but radio is more profitable than television.

Back on topic: As a defenseman I've had games where I was on the ice for every goal against and still felt I played well. You can't control what your partner/ forwards on the ice/ goaltender does.

If the forwards won some draws, got the puck deep and used their bodies to wear down the Panthers inexperienced D and Pavelec made a few saves Hainsey probably wouldn't have been on the ice for 4 GA. So, even though RR might have dodged the question somewhat I think he was trying to illustrate that sometimes raw numbers don't tell the whole picture.

I agree with him.
Well, radio's profitability probably has more to do with the fact it costs a fraction of what TV does to produce. What does an episode of The Walking Dead cost? What does a post-game call in show cost? Or Bob FM that uses central programming and little local labour? This is like saying the CFL is more profitable than Barclay's EPL Football.

But back on topic: Is it Rick's job to defend Ron's play last night? Caller's point: Hainsey didn't have a good game (or, more generally, Hainsey sucks). Rick's point: You don't know what you're talking about, rummy! Next!

I'm not arguing pro- or anti-Hainsey here...just that this is an example of the dismissiveness I've noticed Rick display previously on the post-game show. And I do realize he has to deal with a call-in audience that's mainly comprised of sauced, non-contributing zeros...

Old
02-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Gm0ney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensibleGuy View Post
Lawless gets on my nerves most when he tries to come across like some sort of big wheel at the Superbowl. He acts like all these "awesome guests" he's managed to get on the show are old chums who actually remember who he is. Now I appreciate that to a certain degree thats his job, I just find he's really annoying about it...
I'm sure if you've run into that pompous name-dropping dim-witted fat sack of **** once, you remember it!

Old
02-01-2013, 07:55 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

Hey Ralphie... strap yourself in - it's going to be a looooong night on the post game.

At least some portion of the evening will be entertaining.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:46 AM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by broinwhyteridge View Post
Hey Ralphie... strap yourself in - it's going to be a looooong night on the post game.

At least some portion of the evening will be entertaining.
fire everybody! the best player of the game was the worst! trade him!

Old
02-02-2013, 12:54 AM
Gm0ney

For the post game show highlights check out: http://jetzcaller.tumblr.com/

P.S. Fire Noel. Trade everyone.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:12 AM
jetkarma

Good to hear how the Buff innuendos were addressed last night on the call in show.

Pretty emphatic and that imo was how it should have been handled. Enjoying Adam on the show , positive addition. Informed opinions are good to hear and like how you detail your view on the roster as far as who may be traded or not here next year. Not sugar coated but not back up the truck and start all over again either.

My real name is not Troy either btw.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:26 AM
Tdoe42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Good to hear how the Buff innuendos were addressed last night on the call in show.

Pretty emphatic and that imo was how it should have been handled. Enjoying Adam on the show , positive addition. Informed opinions are good to hear and like how you detail your view on the roster as far as who may be traded or not here next year. Not sugar coated but not back up the truck and start all over again either.

My real name is not Troy either btw.
Its kinda funny to hear Adam defend the Jets lol he is usually the one tearing them down!!

Old
02-02-2013, 10:03 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Wazney is a ****ing idiot
I cant stand him

Anytime he is one a show, I turn it off

Old
02-02-2013, 11:56 AM
jetkarma

Well , saying that at some point Burmistrov has to produce or ... saying that Clitsome isn't a top 6 Dman ...saying that Pavelec isn't consistent and not playing well enough ...

Not revealations but certainly not idiotic imo .

Old
02-02-2013, 11:59 AM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Well , saying that at some point Burmistrov has to produce or ... saying that Clitsome isn't a top 6 Dman ...saying that Pavelec isn't consistent and not playing well enough ...

Not revealations but certainly not idiotic imo .
No kidding, Wazney isn't that bad even stating the obvious gets people riled in these parts.

Closed Thread