HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes Ownership Thread: "DOAN'T ASK DOAN'T TELL""

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2012, 01:02 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

vCash: 500
Quote:
but we are talking about filling a stadium against dallas, not chicago or suck wings, but dallas!
Yep. I totally expect it to be filled when we are playing one of 'those' teams. But Dallas? They're not really that big of a draw, are they?

I'm interested to see what will happen on Tuesday against LA - how much of a bump will that crazy game with all of the fights affect the crowd? I know lots of people who usually don't care one bit about the Yotes were talking about it on Friday morning.

Old
02-18-2012, 01:09 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art.Vandelay View Post
David Shoalts has a dog named Gary Bettman. This morning he asked his dog if it is true that the Jamison rumors are false and the Coyotes are in fact about to be sold to a Quebec businessman. Based on this conversation, Shoalts new headline will be:

Gary Bettman could not deny that the Jamison rumors are false and that the Coyotes are in fact about to be sold to a Quebec businessman and relocated.
Dogs are smart bro.

Old
02-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
David Shoalts has a dog named Gary Bettman. This morning he asked his dog if it is true that the Jamison rumors are false and the Coyotes are in fact about to be sold to a Quebec businessman. Based on this conversation, Shoalts new headline will be:

Gary Bettman could not deny that the Jamison rumors are false and that the Coyotes are in fact about to be sold to a Quebec businessman and relocated.

Old
02-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Just because mesamonster has a different opinion that doesn't mean he/she is trolling. Plus to be fair with mesa he/she isn't wishing for us to lose out team. Troll/trolling are both overused buzzwords on the internet.
No where did I say it was a troll because it has a different opinion. I know what trolling is and mesamonster does it on a regular basis whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

Last edited by Sinurgy: 02-18-2012 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Now with %50 less snarky
Old
02-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
In order for any NHL team to be a new arena in Seattle 2 things have to happen:
1. There must be an NBA team there.
2. Whoever owns the NHL team there is going to want concessions in order to operate the team there and not rely solely on ticket sales for income.

Right now, I don't see a new arena happening in Seattle for the last thing the NHL wants to have is Atlanta 2.0 where the NHL team is used as a pawn to get a new arena in an area where the market wans an NBA team more and have some owner dump off the NHL team after a few seasons of poor management.
4 things. Those two things plus.

3. An NHL team has to sign a contract saying that they will play in Seattle.
4. Sign a lease that appears to be worse than the Coyotes current lease.

Old
02-18-2012, 08:10 PM
razor ray

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...-of-next-week/

http://www.nwcn.com/sports/Coyotes-m...139562608.html

Old
02-18-2012, 08:22 PM
Mayo Taco Monday

vCash: 510
Send a message via MSN to Mayo Taco Monday
So, let me get this straight. The NHL denies reports that the Coyotes have been sold, even though no one has said that the coyotes have been sold. Did I get this right?

Old
02-18-2012, 08:33 PM
mesamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
No where did I say it was a troll because it has a different opinion. I know what trolling is and mesamonster does it on a regular basis whether you want to acknowledge it or not.
Good luck with that line of reasoning. Allow me to revisit my allegiances, I have a home in northern Minnesota and winter in Scottsdale. I know many of the Coyote management people and enjoy going to both the Wild games and the Coyote games dependent upon which city i am in at the time. That said, if you have read my posts you would know that I am a huge Tippett fan but also recognize a bad situation when i see it. The Coyote debacle is a major cluster---f--k from my perspective and as those of you who have read my posts know ad nauseum that my gripes pertain to the poor team economics, the poor location, BG and his penchant for introducing straw buyers. Last and not least the ineptitude of the COG Council for not recognizing the futility in pouring good money after bad. Had they let the team walk two years ago they would have not wasted 50MM in taxpayer funds and would be well on their way to replacing lost revenue with tractor pulls and cat shows. Today, these lazy local politicians have done absolutely nothing to promulgate plan "B". Even the putrid dwarf GB has a plan "B" but no these local imbeciles are content to pay Mr. Beasley ungodly sums to acquire his crony network of has beens to play the charade of hide the monkey while the rest of the hockey world looks on with disdain for this game being played in front of our eyes. I am hardly a troll just a realist who sees this whole display as a ghastly affront on the fans of the Coyotes who have spent time, money and energy supporting a team that GB has no intention of keeping in Arizona.

Old
02-18-2012, 08:41 PM
mesamonster

Read the article and correct me if I am wrong, didn`t GJ say four months ago that he had raised 400MM and was ready to sign a purchase agreement? Yet Scruggly maintains that she has attempted to contact GJ with no success. one would think that if was really a buyer he would have spoken to his soon to be landlord. But no ,the press has yet to put 2 and 2 together to realize that the basic building blocks of a deal have have not been consummated. When will everyone understand that this whole thing is like global warming: a complete hoax.

Old
02-18-2012, 09:07 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesamonster View Post
Read the article and correct me if I am wrong, didn`t GJ say four months ago that he had raised 400MM and was ready to sign a purchase agreement? Yet Scruggly maintains that she has attempted to contact GJ with no success. one would think that if was really a buyer he would have spoken to his soon to be landlord. But no ,the press has yet to put 2 and 2 together to realize that the basic building blocks of a deal have have not been consummated. When will everyone understand that this whole thing is like global warming: a complete hoax.
I'll correct you...... it was reported he originally had $400 million lined up over multiple investors. But he has never been quoted saying as such.

Some of those investors dropped out a few weeks later..... reportedly because they objected to the NHL's vetting process.

Last edited by TheLegend: 02-18-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old
02-18-2012, 10:02 PM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo Taco Monday View Post
So, let me get this straight. The NHL denies reports that the Coyotes have been sold, even though no one has said that the coyotes have been sold. Did I get this right?
So RDS reported that "The NHL" denies that a deal is done. I have yet to see any sourced listed or any quote about the deal from the league. Usually Daly or someone is pretty quick to respond to big rumors like this. In this case, the silence is deafening. I sure hope they get a statement out Monday and not leave us hanging.

Old
02-18-2012, 10:08 PM
G'aal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
4 things. Those two things plus.

3. An NHL team has to sign a contract saying that they will play in Seattle.
4. Sign a lease that appears to be worse than the Coyotes current lease.
http://thehockeywriters.com/seattles...-step-forward/

Old
02-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Material Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post
Still nonsense. Both reports came from the Canadian clown media, n'est pas?
There are clowns boths sides of the border. But YOU are not funny!

Old
02-18-2012, 10:19 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Material Defender View Post
There are clowns boths sides of the border. But YOU are not funny!
However..... humor is like beauty.... it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Old
02-18-2012, 10:20 PM
Grimes

It's hard not to watch the scores of every important game, every night and not dream about playoff match ups (especially those that don't involve the Red Wings). It is easy to ignore any ownership speculation from anyone on this message board.
I'll believe it when it does/does not happen.

Old
02-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

For what it's worth, a guy who works at Jobing.com said on Twitter tonight that some of the "higher ups" in the Coyotes org confirmed what Dave Zorn reported last night.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:05 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
For what it's worth, a guy who works at Jobing.com said on Twitter tonight that some of the "higher ups" in the Coyotes org confirmed what Dave Zorn reported last night.
I'm going to sit back and eat the rest of this 10g bucket of popcorn until this whole movie is over. I just want an answer soon, whether they are staying or leaving, period.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:45 AM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Now I have been wondering about every guy in a suit at the game...buyer or just a dude wanting a lady

Old
02-19-2012, 01:15 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Now I have been wondering about every guy in a suit at the game...buyer or just a dude wanting a lady
Haha, well, some people have to dress a certain way to work, and they might not have time when getting off work to make it to the game unless they go straight from work to the game. I've always wondered why we always have earlier starts? 6pm? Is it because of people that live on the East side of town not wanting to drive back even later than they already do after a game?

Old
02-19-2012, 01:58 AM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
I think its to get more families at the games. I think 7 starts are better and 2 starts on sundays and holidays would work but I am not a marketing genius.

Old
02-19-2012, 02:05 AM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
I think its to get more families at the games. I think 7 starts are better and 2 starts on sundays and holidays would work but I am not a marketing genius.
The earlier the games on the weekends the better. I took my 3 yr old to the ducks game earlier this month and left after the second (thankfully) cuz he was getting tired. Darn you east coast!!

Old
02-19-2012, 02:34 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by G'aal View Post
I used to live in Seattle for over 20+++ years, have done extensive research into the problems with Key Arena, everything associated with the last aborted attempt to bring an NHL team to Seattle, and what's been going on with this arena deal.

http://www.king5.com/sports/sportspr...139486828.html

Quote:
The NBA and NHL teams would also have to agree to a lease matching the 30-year length of the bonds, a provision that wasn't a part of the deal between KeyArena and the Sonics that helped lead to their departure in 2008 after 41 years.

Old
02-19-2012, 03:39 AM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
I'll correct you...... it was reported he originally had $400 million lined up over multiple investors. But he has never been quoted saying as such.

Some of those investors dropped out a few weeks later..... reportedly because they objected to the NHL's vetting process.
Interesting. I hadn't heard that investors had dropped out due to the NHL's vetting process. Do you have a link for this information?

Old
02-19-2012, 09:53 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

All joking aside...it might really be two weeks?!...

Old
02-19-2012, 10:13 AM
Rink Rage

So what are the chances of this going through? 80% likely? I'm really liking what I've been hearing.

Closed Thread