HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes Ownership Thread: "DOAN'T ASK DOAN'T TELL""

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-19-2012, 10:21 AM
  #101
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112
 
Art.Vandelay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 1,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rink Rage View Post
So what are the chances of this going through? 80% likely? I'm really liking what I've been hearing.
Dave Zorn reported not only that the deal was approved by the NHL, but that no public money is involved so the Goldwater police would have no say. If this is all accurate, then the other major hurdle is COG. So far COG has looked a tad inept throughout this process, so my confidence level is not up there as of yet.

Art.Vandelay is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 10:40 AM
  #102
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art.Vandelay View Post
Dave Zorn reported not only that the deal was approved by the NHL, but that no public money is involved so the Goldwater police would have no say. If this is all accurate, then the other major hurdle is COG. So far COG has looked a tad inept throughout this process, so my confidence level is not up there as of yet.
I agree that COG is the main hurdle. Hope we hear something soon from the NHL on this.

doaner is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 10:42 AM
  #103
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma
 
usahockey22flyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Jersey, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,348
vCash: 500
What was the attendance last night?

usahockey22flyers is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 10:42 AM
  #104
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
What was the attendance last night?
16k plus

doaner is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 10:55 AM
  #105
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
What was the attendance last night?
Enough to where the people that don't want a team in AZ will not talk about attendance until atleast Tuesday.

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 11:37 AM
  #106
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 1,265
vCash: 500
Well, I had a group of 12 and we paid $20 each for upper bowl.

There were a lot of "free" tickets for military last night - but they were not really free. They were donated by heroes the hard way donations - I think that's what, $30 for a ticket donation?

What do you all think about the announcement of the outlet center right by Westgate? Do you think it's tied in at all to the Coyotes deal? Not as in they have anything to do with it...but the first thing my husband and I thought when they announced the deal with the outlet center was that there was something happening on the Coyotes end, since without the yotes, Westgate is pretty much dead. With them, the deal for the outlet center has to look a little more attractive. And then the rumors came about the NHL approval the very next day.

Oddly enough, my husband is very optimistic about them staying. He's the most pessimistic person I know, but he's been telling me all season that he really believes they'll be staying. I'm the eternal optimist, but I'll admit that when I bought my ST this year, I was thinking it would probably be the last time I'd be able to do so.

TickleMeYandle is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 11:40 AM
  #107
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art.Vandelay View Post
Dave Zorn reported not only that the deal was approved by the NHL, but that no public money is involved so the Goldwater police would have no say. If this is all accurate, then the other major hurdle is COG. So far COG has looked a tad inept throughout this process, so my confidence level is not up there as of yet.
If is the key word and plus Goldwater will watch over the city no matter what kind of deal if any is in place. For all we know, this could be some sort of trick in the blame game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
What was the attendance last night?
What is the attendence normally like at the New Jersey Devils games?

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 11:47 AM
  #108
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frackiewicz View Post
Well, I had a group of 12 and we paid $20 each for upper bowl.

There were a lot of "free" tickets for military last night - but they were not really free. They were donated by heroes the hard way donations - I think that's what, $30 for a ticket donation?

What do you all think about the announcement of the outlet center right by Westgate? Do you think it's tied in at all to the Coyotes deal? Not as in they have anything to do with it...but the first thing my husband and I thought when they announced the deal with the outlet center was that there was something happening on the Coyotes end, since without the yotes, Westgate is pretty much dead. With them, the deal for the outlet center has to look a little more attractive. And then the rumors came about the NHL approval the very next day.

Oddly enough, my husband is very optimistic about them staying. He's the most pessimistic person I know, but he's been telling me all season that he really believes they'll be staying. I'm the eternal optimist, but I'll admit that when I bought my ST this year, I was thinking it would probably be the last time I'd be able to do so.
Most of us were optimistic when we heard of MH getting involved with Glendale. Look at how that turnout.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 11:51 AM
  #109
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 1,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Most of us were optimistic when we heard of MH getting involved with Glendale. Look at how that turnout.
Yeah, that's true. I don't know how he can be so pessimistic about everything else, but so optimistic on this one. He thought he might have throat cancer a couple of weeks ago - he went to the dr who said no, it wasn't anything. He had the dentist check it, and they said it wasn't anything. He had a test for GERD and they checked while they were doing the acid reflux testing, and they said it wasn't anything. And yet he still insisted that the doctors were all wrong, he was already writing his will in his head. I've never seen such a pessimist, except for maybe his mom. And then on this, he's cheerful and positive, even when everything looks bad.

TickleMeYandle is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 12:04 PM
  #110
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frackiewicz View Post
Yeah, that's true. I don't know how he can be so pessimistic about everything else, but so optimistic on this one. He thought he might have throat cancer a couple of weeks ago - he went to the dr who said no, it wasn't anything. He had the dentist check it, and they said it wasn't anything. He had a test for GERD and they checked while they were doing the acid reflux testing, and they said it wasn't anything. And yet he still insisted that the doctors were all wrong, he was already writing his will in his head. I've never seen such a pessimist, except for maybe his mom. And then on this, he's cheerful and positive, even when everything looks bad.
Well, maybe that's a really good sign right there!

doaner is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 01:47 PM
  #111
Naurutger
Free Max!
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
16k plus
16,604 officially...brings the season average up to 12k but tuesday will probably bring it back down...but hopefully the local media will pick it up more for promotion.

Naurutger is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 02:03 PM
  #112
Coyote_Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 665
vCash: 500
Well last night was a Bobblehead night.

Coyote_Fan is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 02:13 PM
  #113
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
Well last night was a Bobblehead night.
Buzz kill.

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 02:15 PM
  #114
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!
 
GiveAFlyingPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gila River Arena
Country: United States
Posts: 1,777
vCash: 461
The bobbleheads are going for $20 to over $100 on e-bay.

GiveAFlyingPuck is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 02:25 PM
  #115
coyotesfan
Registered User
 
coyotesfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
The bobbleheads are going for $20 to over $100 on e-bay.
I just looked and you aint lying!!! I really wish I didnt have to sell my tickets from last night

coyotesfan is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 02:37 PM
  #116
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma
 
usahockey22flyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Jersey, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
If is the key word and plus Goldwater will watch over the city no matter what kind of deal if any is in place. For all we know, this could be some sort of trick in the blame game.


What is the attendence normally like at the New Jersey Devils games?
Around 15-16k as well.

I pray people keep growing the game in AZ. The Yotes need to keep winning!

Bobblehead night or not, 16k vs the Stars is pretty good

usahockey22flyers is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 02:46 PM
  #117
Naurutger
Free Max!
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
The bobbleheads are going for $20 to over $100 on e-bay.
I sold my brz one last year for 30. Some how last nights became a free present to a friend...

Naurutger is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 03:32 PM
  #118
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 1,265
vCash: 500
5 of us attending the game = 5 bobbleheads. It was just too much creepy Alice Cooperness. I've already sold 2 of them on eBay and got several e-mails from people wanting to buy another. I honestly didn't realize it would be such a collector's item. I have a McCain one right here on my desk staring at me, but I think the Alice one would be just a little too creepy for my taste!

TickleMeYandle is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 03:36 PM
  #119
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?
 
Naych_PHX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: phoenix
Posts: 5,670
vCash: 500
Alice Cooper has a worldwide, and longer, following than the Coyotes, I'd imagine.

Naych_PHX is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 04:16 PM
  #120
okiepig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: East of the Kaluts
Country: United States
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
anyone want to buy my Ollie Jokinen bobblehead? hardly been used... haha...I'll throw in a sixer of Pabst to sweeten the deal..

okiepig is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 04:51 PM
  #121
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee
 
TheLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Anxiety Closet
Country: United States
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Interesting. I hadn't heard that investors had dropped out due to the NHL's vetting process. Do you have a link for this information?
Whileee....

The subject was briefly mentioned on BoH, you must have missed it.

No link available.... I got it via rocandmanuch's twitter feeds.

TheLegend is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 05:03 PM
  #122
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee
 
TheLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Anxiety Closet
Country: United States
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art.Vandelay View Post
Dave Zorn reported not only that the deal was approved by the NHL, but that no public money is involved so the Goldwater police would have no say. If this is all accurate, then the other major hurdle is COG. So far COG has looked a tad inept throughout this process, so my confidence level is not up there as of yet.
OT Alert!!!!

Goldwater's after a bigger prize these days.....

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...excessive.html

This is EJ Montini's take on it.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/EJMontini/155415


[end of OT Alert......]

TheLegend is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 05:04 PM
  #123
Mossy
Registered User
 
Mossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by okiepig View Post
anyone want to buy my Ollie Jokinen bobblehead? hardly been used... haha...I'll throw in a sixer of Pabst to sweeten the deal..
I'll buy it

Mossy is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 05:10 PM
  #124
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful
 
Blubba Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NE Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,267
vCash: 500
Does anybody want to sell me the Coyotes snuggie?

Blubba Jenkins is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 05:21 PM
  #125
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 1,265
vCash: 500
Ooooh....I just got a snuggie a couple of weeks ago! The CS person messed up my season tickets for one game, so he made up for it with a couple of pucks and a snuggie. I've been wearing it and looking oh so stylish around the house. My son pokes fun at me, but who cares if he thinks I'm cool or not? All I know is that I'm warm.

TickleMeYandle is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.