HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

What would happen if someone used a spinning backfist?

Old
02-17-2012, 07:34 AM
EmeticDonut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
Also, why are headbutts not allowed? I mean if both fighters take off their helmets I see no reason why they should not be allowed to headbutt each other.
Headbutts are illegal even in MMA, why on Earth would you think allowing them in hockey would be a good idea?

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 07:45 AM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDankness View Post
Can't happen on skates.
Have you ever been on ice?

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 07:48 AM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrefinedCrude View Post
Pretty sure you'd probably get knocked out. Fighting on skates is hard enough, if you've never done it you really have no idea.
Generating force is hard, balancing while chucking, and tussling for leverage and position is hard. It already takes a tonne of effort to fight.
trying a spin would just open you up for the other guy. It's not the same as if you are standing on the ground, or a mat.
While it is not as easy as on your feet, you have have any sort of balance it isn;t thst hard. I grew up as a fighter in hockey, never had an issue. The hardest part is wrestling, throwing punches is easy.

But I agree, if you tried one, you would probably be knocked out before it landed. If you did land, I predict broken hand and a knock out if you connected. You can get a ton of speed going if you know how to spin.

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote