HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Washington / Nashville & Washington / Dallas

Old
02-14-2012, 06:06 AM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabound117 View Post
Rather than say give me player A for picks and Player B I'll simply throw out who I think would help us come playoff time if we can get our act together and even make the playoffs. I will leave it to the more experienced on the board to explain the possiblitiy or impossibility of such moves.

From the Preds I think we should look to aquire Patric Hornqvist. He would be a great compliment to the first line and give us a tenacious crease presence similar to what we had with Knuble before time took its toll. And while Brouwer is a good 2nd - 3rd line LW/RW I am still not convinced he has the offensive upside to fit as a first line threat that would be enough to draw coverage away from Ovie.

I would offer Semin for Hornqvist but I know Poile is no fool and while he could let Semin walk in July and focus on resigning the twin titans I would be suprised if he would take that offer straight up. How things have changed when the Caps would have to throw in picks / prospects to make a Semin trade attractive, but that's completely GMGM's fault for a hideous contract.

As for the Stars I would want three players: Steve Ott, Trevor Daley, and Mark Fistric. The availability of any of those players I think would be predicated on wheter or not Dallas is still in the playoff hunt. But it would give us a great 1-2 center who can agitate, win faceoffs, beat up noobs, etc etc, all the things the Caps need to be effective, a stellar PMD who knows how to start a rush and not be a defensive liability while doing it, and a great shut down physical D-Man who would be an invaluable piece in the playoffs.

Now if my scenerio about Dallas being out in order to make those moves were true I would assume that picks and quality prospects would be in order, perhaps Eakin, Carlson, or the like. I do our 1st + Eakin and maybe Perrault but I'm not sure what the Dallas management would be looking for.

Anyway that's just my quick thoughts feel free to add/subtract as you will.
Hornqvist is our only gritty, go to the net, garbage goal guy, and he's under contract for reasonable cash for another year. Cant see Poile moving him when we are looking to make a run. If Semin is available, you will get the usual UFA rental return rate from Nashville... prospect + pick.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:08 AM
third man in

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennrocks View Post
so you want a ppg 22 year old power forward center for a 1st and carlson?

ill trade you oleksiak and a 1st for ovechkin then
Quite frankly your analogy sucks. Here's a different homer version.

ahem... So you want a 22 year old 1st pairing D playing 23 min a game and a 1st for Benn?

I'll trade you Galiev and a 3rd for Eriksson.

not so cute now is it?

third man in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
No offense but you would be basically getting a 1st round pick. If people thought Scott Hannan was a pylon you obviously haven't watched Schultz play at all. Eakin isn't bad but isn't real effective though I could see him getting traded if they get word that Kuznetsov is coming over here...
If Eakin is not effective why throw him in for a guy who has been practically a PPG since coming to Dallas? That basically means 1st and Hannan for Ribeiro? Naw!

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:08 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

the Predators need to add to their existing scoring, not swap it out. Hornqvist is tied for the team lead with 17 goals and has a year remaining on a reasonable 3.1 million dollar contract...at the end of which he's an RFA. Can't see moving him for a UFA, especially not one that's so "Anti-Trotz"

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:34 AM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Eriksson View Post
If Eakin is not effective why throw him in for a guy who has been practically a PPG since coming to Dallas? That basically means 1st and Hannan for Ribeiro? Naw!
Animus neglected to mention it's his first time in the NHL. Kids a prospect, he'll get a lot better.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Well since someone seems to be saying we're not getting enough return for Ribeiro...

Johansson, Schultz, Colorado's 2012 1st. Anything is really better than an offer of Cory Sarich or Wade Redden for Ribeiro.

(But I was really quite happy with the Eakin, Schultz, 1st deal, since we could move Grossman at the deadline if need be)

Last edited by Frozen Failure: 02-14-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:32 AM
ElGuapo
Cheese

Carlson and a first for Benn is probably fair value wise, but not something Dallas would ever do. And not something I'd do even though I would love to have Carlson.

ElGuapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:46 AM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
Well since someone seems to be saying we're not getting enough return for Ribeiro...

Johansson, Schultz, Colorado's 2012 1st. Anything is really better than an offer of Cory Sarich or Wade Redden for Ribeiro.

(But I was really quite happy with the Eakin, Schultz, 1st deal, since we could move Grossman at the deadline if need be)
I`d much rather keep Eakin and Mojo than go for Ribeiro...I`d even be wary of trading the 1st. ....Ribs has not proven he`s worth all that.

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady12 View Post
Carlson and a first for Benn is probably fair value wise, but not something Dallas would ever do. And not something I'd do even though I would love to have Carlson.
Still not enough IMO for Benn.

Old
02-14-2012, 10:54 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Shady nailed it. Values there, but we wouldn't do it.

If you want Benn, Backstrom will be coming back. So leave Benn out of this.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
I`d much rather keep Eakin and Mojo than go for Ribeiro...I`d even be wary of trading the 1st. ....Ribs has not proven he`s worth all that.
huh?

.88 PPG over the last 5 season is not worth a 1st? I call ********!

Old
02-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Shady nailed it. Values there, but we wouldn't do it.

If you want Benn, Backstrom will be coming back. So leave Benn out of this.
Backstrom has some serious concussion injury at the moment. If he comes back and dominates then i could see that but until then i would rather have Benn. Benn is the type of player you build your team around and not to mention 2 years younger than Backstrom.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Eriksson View Post
Backstrom has some serious concussion injury at the moment. If he comes back and dominates then i could see that but until then i would rather have Benn. Benn is the type of player you build your team around and not to mention 2 years younger than Backstrom.
When Backstrom was Benn's age, he was a 100 point player. And he was on pace for 90+ this year when he got his concussion, despite Ovie's horrible season. They're both franchise players, but Backstrom's value is significantly higher than Benn's.

Old
02-14-2012, 11:33 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
When Backstrom was Benn's age, he was a 100 point player. And he was on pace for 90+ this year when he got his concussion, despite Ovie's horrible season. They're both franchise players, but Backstrom's value is significantly higher than Benn's.
His value may be higher but the ability to grow a talent of Benn's caliber within your organization and keep him is something Dallas hasn't had since Modano. I just hate seeing posts with Benn in the proposal when there is no way in hell he is available. IMO he is about as untouchable to Dallas as Malkin is to Pitt.

Old
02-14-2012, 07:49 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

I never said Backstrom was the only thing coming back, just that he would be coming back. But we aren't trading him to begin with, unless you offer us something insane like Ovechkin+Backstrom+Carlson, which obviously would never happen as well.

So it's a moot point.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
benn also has steve ott on his wing most games... thats not exactly ovechkin

Bennrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennrocks View Post
benn also has steve ott on his wing most games... thats not exactly ovechkin
Doesn't he also play with Eriksson? The last couple years, Eriksson + Ott isn't that far off from Ovechkin + Knuble/Brouwer.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
Doesn't he also play with Eriksson? The last couple years, Eriksson + Ott isn't that far off from Ovechkin + Knuble/Brouwer.
no eriksson plays with ribeiro, and ryder who he's been paired with most of the time is streaky as hell

Bennrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:31 PM
BigG44

Benn was a 3rd liner most times until this season .... behind Brad Richards and Mike Ribeiro.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote