HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars and GBR: Game #53 @ Philadelphia ("You can't beat us")

View Poll Results: 3 Stars
Ryan Callahan 126 94.74%
Marian Gaborik 106 79.70%
Brad Richards 97 72.93%
Henrik Lundqvist 43 32.33%
Derek Stepan 15 11.28%
Artem Anisimov 6 4.51%
Ryan McDonagh 7 5.26%
Michael Del Zotto 4 3.01%
Dan Girardi 3 2.26%
John Mitchell 1 0.75%
Brian Boyle 1 0.75%
Carl Hagelin 3 2.26%
Brandon Prust 1 0.75%
Marc Staal 2 1.50%
Other 1 0.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-11-2012, 05:23 PM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
Dubinsky and his linemates did a real good job of forechecking, getting the puck deep, playing physical, and getting the Flyers' punks off the ice. Dubi also played well on the PK, he rushed up the ice, made a nice pass to DZ who then fed Cally and he almost scored. He didn't show up on the scoresheet but I don't think it was a bad performance by any stretch.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Forgot to praise both Richards and the entire Defense for theire calmness throughout the game today...

Keep it up tomorrow and we'll ALL fist pump til our shoulders pops out...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 05:42 PM
PJStock*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzherdev View Post
You're not alone. I kind of want them to end the streak too....
Don't worry, they won't. As much as I hate to say it, the Rangers are simply the better team this season. As much as Flyers fans want them to be good after such an overhaul, this team is complete garbage...AHL level defense. I'd actually rather they tank and get Yakupov at this point, then make the playoffs and embarass themselves in the first round.
I seriously don't even think they will make the playoffs at this rate.

Good game (for at least 2 periods anyway)

PJStock* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

only negative from game was Sam Rosen praising Simmons all game

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Meh, I like Simmer. He's hard nosed, skilled and not overly cheap.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
Yeah. Would take him here any day. Had a Gordie Howe hat trick today, probably just us not noticing it.

Hartnell on the other hand, is a POS.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 05:49 PM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
Yeah. I'd love to have him on our team.

Oh how I love beating the Flyers

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStock View Post
Don't worry, they won't. As much as I hate to say it, the Rangers are simply the better team this season. As much as Flyers fans want them to be good after such an overhaul, this team is complete garbage...AHL level defense. I'd actually rather they tank and get Yakupov at this point, then make the playoffs and embarass themselves in the first round.
I seriously don't even think they will make the playoffs at this rate.

Good game (for at least 2 periods anyway)
You'll make the playoffs. You should just try for the coveted sixth spot in the standings.

Old
02-11-2012, 05:50 PM
NYR Viper

I was clamoring for the Rangers to trade for him for a few years. He is a more consistent Dubinsky.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 05:51 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
only negative from game was Sam Rosen praising Simmons all game
I think that sometimes Sam and Joe might go a bit overboard in their praise of the opposition (as in how many times they mention it) but I think they are pretty accurate with Simmonds. If the Flyers had more guys like him, they would be better off. But, I hear you, sometimes it seems like they rain praise down too many times.

In the end, I am really happy to have my Rangers represented by classy guys like Sam. Listening to some of them of out there, they show no clear and unbiased reporting (Errey, Potvin, Joe Bowen, )

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 05:52 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
I'm really enjoying the Philladelphia GDT thread. Seeing them in agony warms my heart.

Don't forget your brooms for the next Rangers/Flyers game boys!

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 05:54 PM
PJStock*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
You'll make the playoffs. You should just try for the coveted sixth spot in the standings.
At this rate, they would get swept by Florida or Washington anyway... so what's the point? Laviolette is getting outcoached by Torts, as simple as that... and the moron won't even adjust his gameplan against the Rangers. Days like this that I miss Hitchcock.

Old
02-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
At this rate, they would get swept by Florida or Washington anyway... so what's the point? Laviolette is getting outcoached by Torts, as simple as that... and the moron won't even adjust his gameplan against the Rangers. Days like this that I miss Hitchcock.
Washington is kind of like Philly except you guys have way more depth on offense.
One question though:
Why is Couterier playing with Rinaldo and Sestito? Shouldn't he be playing with actual hockey players?

Old
02-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
I think that sometimes Sam and Joe might go a bit overboard in their praise of the opposition (as in how many times they mention it) but I think they are pretty accurate with Simmonds. If the Flyers had more guys like him, they would be better off. But, I hear you, sometimes it seems like they rain praise down too many times.

In the end, I am really happy to have my Rangers represented by classy guys like Sam. Listening to some of them of out there, they show no clear and unbiased reporting (Errey, Potvin, Joe Bowen, )
No I love Sam, I just don't like that stuff

Old
02-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Honest question why does he play Sestito? He shouldn't even be playing roller hockey...

Old
02-11-2012, 05:59 PM
PJStock*

Quote:
Washington is kind of like Philly except you guys have way more depth on offense.
One question though:
Why is Couterier playing with Rinaldo and Sestito? Shouldn't he be playing with actual hockey players?
Ask our moron coach. Couturier has been misused practically from the beginning. When he got some playing time with Schenn or Read a month ago, he scored in 5 straight. Sestito shouldn't even be in the NHL.. and Rinaldo, well, there's one of those annoying pukes on each team basically.

Rumour has it that Snider wants Homer to trade for 2 d-men... Now us real fans get to see this team pay out of its ass to get a crap d-man like Gill to magically solve all this teams defensive issues.

Old
02-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
One question though:
Rinaldo is a waste of time too...a midget goon, who can't fight...

Old
02-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Ask our moron coach. Couturier has been misused practically from the beginning. When he got some playing time with Schenn or Read a month ago, he scored in 5 straight. Sestito shouldn't even be in the NHL.. and Rinaldo, well, there's one of those annoying pukes on each team basically.

Rumour has it that Snider wants Homer to trade for 2 d-men... Now us real fans get to see this team pay out of its ass to get a crap d-man like Gill to magically solve all this teams defensive issues.
Gil is old and slow

Old
02-11-2012, 06:03 PM
trilobyte

Laviolette does not display good strategy. He keeps trying to hammer square pegs into round holes. The tactics of a substandard player like Sestito backfire on them, as they should.
It's like he cannot or will not learn.

Old
02-11-2012, 06:12 PM
PJStock*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Laviolette does not display good strategy. He keeps trying to hammer square pegs into round holes. The tactics of a substandard player like Sestito backfire on them, as they should.
It's like he cannot or will not learn.
Laviolette's run-and gun strategy is good against teams with terrible overall team defense, like Carolina (maybe not of late), Washington, BJ's, Edmonton etc... It doesn't work well against teams that put up a stifling defense like the Rangers, Lightning, Boston and so on. Laviolette hasn't learned, but it's also just a matter of personnel. This team got rid of Gagne, Richards and Carter, our 3 best defensive forwards, and it's almost as if Lavy expects the rookies to already be that good. Well it's obvious they aren't...

I hope the Rangers at least give us one win to cheer about, within my lifetime preferably.

Old
02-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Loved when Bickel busted Sestito's lip open...he's just a fighter who can't fight

Old
02-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Laviolette's run-and gun strategy is good against teams with terrible overall team defense, like Carolina (maybe not of late), Washington, BJ's, Edmonton etc... It doesn't work well against teams that put up a stifling defense like the Rangers, Lightning, Boston and so on. Laviolette hasn't learned, but it's also just a matter of personnel. This team got rid of Gagne, Richards and Carter, our 3 best defensive forwards, and it's almost as if Lavy expects the rookies to already be that good. Well it's obvious they aren't...

I hope the Rangers at least give us one win to cheer about, within my lifetime preferably.
Nope. Bring your broomsticks next time we meet

Old
02-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:

Your defense down low is horrid...

Old
02-11-2012, 06:19 PM
trilobyte

Quote:

While I agree with your theory about the Flyers being able to run and gun and win against teams not as defensively good as the Rangers, my point was also about personnel.
There is absolutely no reason to have a player like Sestito. I know he doesn't get a lot of TOI, but he actually makes your team worse when he is out there.

Old
02-11-2012, 06:29 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Your defense down low is horrid...
Agreed. Too many passes get through down lpw around the net to open forwards. Its easy tip-ins for them. I was surprised but i wasnt surprised. The Flyers dont look good at all defensively this year. It will be their downfall. It obviously doesnt help when Pronger is out. But it just seems like its a combination of the coach not teaching them how to close up the lanes and the players just not being good enough.

Not being a homer at all but you would never see that many passes get through around their net. Their defensemen just know how to clog up the lanes

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote