HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Flite Chaos C 150 Pro hockey skate

Old
02-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Peace Frog

vCash: 500
Flite Chaos C 150 Pro hockey skate

Can anyone give me a review of these skates? Are they worth buying, or not?

I can get a pair for about half the regular price, but can't find a single review of them anywhere. That worries me! Thanks for any help given.

Peace Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:01 PM
jeepman221
Rookie User

Worst company/product ever

Flite Hockey has to be the worst company I've ever dealt with. I tried to give a 'smaller company' a chance and purchased their Chaos skate. I called to order as I wasn't sure of my size - so far so good.

10 days later I hadn't received a confirmation or delivery, so I emailed them. No response. I wait another few days. 2 weeks later I finally call them, get a 'sorry' and the skates are shipped out. I received them ~5 days later only to find the rivets are missing that hold the cowling to the boot! Good thing I noticed these as that could be very dangerous - ie, break your ankle! The fit and feel of the boot compared to the big 3 was pretty disappointing. Very bulky, heavy, and boxy.

I email them asking for a replacement, low and behold, no response. I finally call them again, and get a snarky response from Gerry, the owner. He was upset at me because I had sent him 3 emails in the interim (the ones he didn't respond to), I had said I was upset, and would be happy to post negative reviews if they weren't going to take care of the situation.

Long story short, he hung up on me, so I had to dispute the charge with my credit card company, and I am still working on getting my money back 3 months later.

I ended up buying some nice Bauers, and couldn't be happier. Steer clear of this hole of a company. Their products and customer service are horrible.

jeepman221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 05:51 PM
AIREAYE

Post in one thread, no need to spam.

For a smaller company, I'm quite surprised that this happened. Can you visit their office in Mississauga by any chance?

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote