HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is is time to call Haley up?

Old
02-14-2012, 01:06 PM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyNystromOwnsYou View Post
You will have to find me one person here who called him "the answer."

We want him to protect JT and our other guys. And the fact he's better tha 3 or 4 guys on the team now.
EXACTLY. The Islanders are not going on a 10 win streak because of Haley. But anyone who thinks he cannot help this team probably has only played hockey on their XBOX.

PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:07 PM
NYI78

Quote:

We want him to protect JT and our other guys. And the fact he's better tha 3 or 4 guys on the team now.
Thank you

NYI78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:14 PM
redbull
game on

One thing Haley can bring is energy and some physical presence. He's a guy who can make a big hit or fight to get the team going, etc. I don't really want Martin doing that, he's become much more valuable than just a 4th line energy guy.

Pandolfo, Wallace, Rolston, Niederreiter are passengers on this team. They eat-up minutes and at BEST, they do NOTHING. I believe Haley, at least, fills a role on the team that they NEED and DON'T HAVE.

Nino's learning how to play, at the NHL level, that's never an ideal situation - not for HIM, and certainly not for a team that has playoff thoughts.

Pandolfo is actually a decent 4th liner. He's smart and plays a safe game. Wallace, in his role doesn't hurt the team as much as Nino does. Wallace plays a much safer, simpler game.

I prefer Haley - Pandolfo - Wallace and Nino in junior.

Of course, I'd send Rolston down too, call up Ullstrom or Rakhshani, but I digress.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 01:21 PM
IslesNorway

Quote:

No one person has called him the answer, but this thread alone speaks for itself in that regard. There was also a long thread when he was recalled in November and when he didn't make the roster at the start of the season people were upset too. Haley is obviously very popular with the fanbase and should be on the team but regretably is not for reasons we don't know and we can only speculate as to why. He has his role but Capuano, Snow and co. clearly doesn't see a need for that role on this team.

And by the way Ullstrøm should be a given on this team. He can actually play as opposed to Rolston.

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Isles4ever82

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesNorway View Post
No one person has called him the answer, but this thread alone speaks for itself in that regard. There was also a long thread when he was recalled in November and when he didn't make the roster at the start of the season people were upset too. Haley is obviously very popular with the fanbase and should be on the team but regretably is not for reasons we don't know and we can only speculate as to why. He has his role but Capuano, Snow and co. clearly doesn't see a need for that role on this team.

And by the way Ullstrøm should be a given on this team. He can actually play as opposed to Rolston.
I think you are missing the point. Having Ullstrom up here on this team at this time makes no sence. This team has needs that Ullstrom cant provide at the moment. As long as Rolston and Nino are gonna be here it makes no sence to call up a player like Ullstrom and put him on the 4th line. What purpose does he serve there? This team is severely lacking in grit,toughness ,a physical pressence energy type guy. We have no toughness, 4 lines of non physical girls (except Martin), a team that plays with no edge, no one to stand up for a teammate ect. At this time and point the for this current Islanders team Haley brings those intangibles that a guy like Ullstrom just cant provide.

Isles4ever82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 04:18 PM
BobbyNystromOwnsYou*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesNorway View Post

I stopped reading after you decided what this thread means. Have a nice day.

BobbyNystromOwnsYou* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Tavares2TheRescue
We Want The de

No one's saying that Micheal Haley will make the Islanders a better team or improve their offense. The thing is, this team has players like Rolston and Wallace who not only contribute no offense or defense, but don't fight. In that regard, a "goon" who also can't play very well is more valuable to the team because he at least brings something to the table. Micheal Haley is not much better than Rolston or Wallace, but he brings energy and protects his teammates. That is why I would rather have him on the team. In fact, Trevor Gillies (who is an AWFUL player) would serve more use to this team right now than Rolston.

Tavares2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Isles4ever82

Im really starting to feel bad for Martin. Monday the Isles were down 4-0 he starts a fight to try to get the team going. Then the very next night he winds up fighting again in defence of a teammate.
He's the only player who is willing to play physical,hit, fight and defend teammates. The sad part is Martin is becoming a real good player and he has to wind up fighting all this teams battles ALONE because no one else is willing to do it.
JUst a sad soft pathetic team Snow has assembled. Martin should not be the only guy handling all the fighting,hitting and standing up for teammates. He's becoming to good a player to be the team only option to fighting.

I'll always remember when Martin was interviewed in between intermissions when haley was up earlier in the year. When asked about having Haley up with the team Martin said something along the lines of "yea it's always nice to have another physical player playing someone else up who is willing to drop the gloves" . Why is haley not up here?

Old
02-22-2012, 03:09 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 2100
I figured that since Wallace was waived, Haley will be called up soon.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 03:13 PM
scott99

I hope they bring up Haley AND Gillies for the Rangers game. We need to make a statement, go down fighting.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 03:22 PM
BobbyNystromOwnsYou*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
I figured that since Wallace was waived, Haley will be called up soon.
Yeah, let's bring him up now that we are out of it. I don't think they will bring him up.

He should've been brought up after Montoya got run the whole year and these guys did nothing. Including Juice and Grabner when kane ran him over and concussed him. Or when JT was getting knocked around.

Old
02-22-2012, 03:35 PM
IsleNmetFan4Life

It's been time to call Haley up since long before this thread was created. There's a reason guys like Steve Webb are still loved and cheered by fans of this team. They play with no passion and no physicality; why one of the few players in the organization that can bring both of those elements to the table is still in the minors is beyond me, especially after he established himself as a fan favorite and team player last year.

IsleNmetFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 03:46 PM
kmo429

Yes please. Its ******** that he hasnt been here all year

kmo429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 03:56 PM
Isles Junkie

Haley would be acceptable for the 4th line. But the real problem is there's no size/grit/toughness in the top 6. and the 2 top 6 guys who do have some size in Moulson and Okposo are either completely unwilling to play physical, or in KOs case he plays a different type of physical game through stick checking. But definitely not gritty. Getting top 6 forwards with grit is what is going to turn this into a tough team. Not fringe NHLers who take dumb penalties.

Last edited by Isles Junkie: 02-22-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 04:12 PM
19 in a row

Unless I am missing someone, they are now down to 12 fowards on the active roster. So no reason to put Wallace on waivers unless there is another foward to take his spot. Would love for it to be Nash (kidding) but has to be Haley if they are getting from BP. Doesn't it? I hope? please?

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Isles4ever82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
Haley would be acceptable for the 4th line. But the real problem is there's no size/grit/toughness in the top 6. and the 2 top 6 guys who do have some size in Moulson and Okposo are either completely unwilling to play physical, or in KOs case he plays a different type of physical game through stick checking. But definitely not gritty. Getting top 6 forwards with grit is what is going to turn this into a tough team. Not fringe NHLers who take dumb penalties.
Well guess what we have just about everyone in the top 6 locked up for years to come. JT,KO,Frans,Bailey,Moulson and if PA gets resigned thats our top 6. Get it? Our top 6 is here for the next few years and they are not going anywhere.

Since Snow has already locked up our top 6 with the exception of 1 sopt we have to be forced to put toughness on the 4th line BECAUSE WE DONT HAVE IT ON THE TOP 6 AND WONT SINCE 5 SPOTS ARE LOCKED UP. Why is this so hard to understand? Who would you want on the 4th line in Haleys place? You dont get sick of our team always being the team who gets pushed around? You dont get sick that Martin IS OUR ONLY PHYSICAL PLAYER? Martin is becoming to valuable to be on pace to be fighting over 20 times a year.
There is no debating we need to get tougher and the reality is our top 6 is all but set with soft players so the next best thing would to have some toughness on the 3rd and 4th line.
I guess I should not be suprised with you befcause you want a soft team that has no physical pressence.

Notice at the end of last year when the Islanders started dressing one of the toughest lineups in the NHL our guys started winning. HMMM I wonder why. We will see how we finish this year dressing players that are more "skilled" then Konopka,Haley and Gillies.

Old
02-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever82 View Post
Well guess what we have just about everyone in the top 6 locked up for years to come. JT,KO,Frans,Bailey,Moulson and if PA gets resigned thats our top 6. Get it? Our top 6 is here for the next few years and they are not going anywhere.

Since Snow has already locked up our top 6 with the exception of 1 sopt we have to be forced to put toughness on the 4th line BECAUSE WE DONT HAVE IT ON THE TOP 6 AND WONT SINCE 5 SPOTS ARE LOCKED UP. Why is this so hard to understand? Who would you want on the 4th line in Haleys place? You dont get sick of our team always being the team who gets pushed around? You dont get sick that Martin IS OUR ONLY PHYSICAL PLAYER? Martin is becoming to valuable to be on pace to be fighting over 20 times a year.
There is no debating we need to get tougher and the reality is our top 6 is all but set with soft players so the next best thing would to have some toughness on the 3rd and 4th line.
I guess I should not be suprised with you befcause you want a soft team that has no physical pressence.

Notice at the end of last year when the Islanders started dressing one of the toughest lineups in the NHL our guys started winning. HMMM I wonder why. We will see how we finish this year dressing players that are more "skilled" then Konopka,Haley and Gillies.
Right because players with contracts are never traded or moved down to lower lines...oh wait, yes they are.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 05:42 PM
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...

vCash: 250
If Steve Downie could play alongside Stamkos there isn't any reason Haley couldn't play with Tavares. Downie does have more skill than Haley, but Haley can beat the skill out of Downie. Sounds fair to me.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 06:32 PM
JJmcD
The Power Of Love

As an aside - I was born in 1990 watching hockey. In 1996 when Kenny Jonsson started playing with the Isles, I did not like him. I did not like him until 1999. Why? because as a small kid I wanted to see a lot of goals scored and he did not score a lot of goals (because he is a D-man).

My point is, there is much more to this game than scoring goals. I would kill to have another KJ on this team, but right now I would settle for Haley.

He is needed. Snow and Wang, not being 6 year old children, should realize this.

JJmcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 06:59 PM
Isles4ever82

Quote:
Right because players with contracts are never traded or moved down to lower lines...oh wait, yes they are.
That has about a 5% chance of happening. They are not trading any of those top 6 guys, they all have decent contracts moneywise.
Until a trade happens to get bigger and more physical in the first 2 lines then the toughness has to come from somewhere. Why is that so hard to understand? Michael Haley needs to be up with this CURRENT team. Its that simple. How is this so hard to understand?

Your 4th line of so called better "skill" players then Konopka-Haley and Gillies seems to be doing well this year right? 3 *********** points all year for our current 4th line. THERE IS A REASON EVERY OTHER NHL TEAM HAS GRITTY GRINDERS/FIGHTERS/ENERGY GUYS ON THEIR 4TH LINE! We have Pandolfo-Reasoner-and NINO. Anything but an energy line.

I have been telling you since this season started this team is going no where with the lack of toughness on this current roster. We will see how much this team has improved since getting rid of all the character on the team. We see how much better our team is dressing reasoner-pandolfo and Nino on the 4th line compared to a Konopka-haley 4th line.

You better hope this team dosent finish around the same as last year with all the crap you spewed all year about guys like Haley or Konopka being useless bla bla. If they finish around the same as last year with a healthy Striet, and KO all year, a goalie who has been stealing games and a "better" 4th line. You better hope this team makes the playoff with all of your know it all claims.

You got your way this year and all the toughguys were removed and guess what? It makes no difference. WE are still a lottery team. This team is no better ,everyone not named JT,Martin or PA has regressed.
What WE DO KNOW FOR FACT is that this Islander team played great while dressing one of the toughest lineups in the NHL last year .
Whats gonna be your excuse when we finish about the same as last year? We should have been better this year according to you since we got rid of all the useless tough guys and replaced them with "real hockey players". There is no use arguing with pacifist fans. We not only suck, but have the SOFTEST TEAM IN THE NHL.

Old
02-22-2012, 07:31 PM
Shawn33

Quote:
That has about a 5% chance of happening. They are not trading any of those top 6 guys, they all have decent contracts moneywise.
Until a trade happens to get bigger and more physical in the first 2 lines then the toughness has to come from somewhere. Why is that so hard to understand? Michael Haley needs to be up with this CURRENT team. Its that simple. How is this so hard to understand?

Your 4th line of so called better "skill" players then Konopka-Haley and Gillies seems to be doing well this year right? 3 *********** points all year for our current 4th line. THERE IS A REASON EVERY OTHER NHL TEAM HAS GRITTY GRINDERS/FIGHTERS/ENERGY GUYS ON THEIR 4TH LINE! We have Pandolfo-Reasoner-and NINO. Anything but an energy line.

I have been telling you since this season started this team is going no where with the lack of toughness on this current roster. We will see how much this team has improved since getting rid of all the character on the team. We see how much better our team is dressing reasoner-pandolfo and Nino on the 4th line compared to a Konopka-haley 4th line.

You better hope this team dosent finish around the same as last year with all the crap you spewed all year about guys like Haley or Konopka being useless bla bla. If they finish around the same as last year with a healthy Striet, and KO all year, a goalie who has been stealing games and a "better" 4th line. You better hope this team makes the playoff with all of your know it all claims.

You got your way this year and all the toughguys were removed and guess what? It makes no difference. WE are still a lottery team. This team is no better ,everyone not named JT,Martin or PA has regressed.
What WE DO KNOW FOR FACT is that this Islander team played great while dressing one of the toughest lineups in the NHL last year .
Whats gonna be your excuse when we finish about the same as last year? We should have been better this year according to you since we got rid of all the useless tough guys and replaced them with "real hockey players". There is no use arguing with pacifist fans. We not only suck, but have the SOFTEST TEAM IN THE NHL.

Shawn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 07:43 PM
frankieboy

Quote:

Like you, I was one of the people who defended Gillies and Haley. My posts stand as proof for anyone who wants to go back to check. I agree with you. This team played with more passion when they had toughness. Guys like Tavares, Martin, and Jurcina all praised the role that Gillies played. I have pointed this out previously. They did not have to defend him; they chose to do so because they understand his role. If the guys on the team liked him, that is more than enough reason for me to want him on the team. Guys LOVE to throw out the concept of rolling four lines. As you pointed out, where did that get us this year? In theory, if the team has the talent, I can understand rolling four lines...constant attacking. Well, Nino, Reasoner, and Pando...not so much. I doubt Gillies will be back, but Haley belongs. What did Wallace bring that he does not?

frankieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:12 PM
crashthenet

Quote:

Don't take this the wrong way but he may be the least physical player on the team. It's pathetic to watch JT play with these two and have to be the first forechecker routinely. Moulson owes JT his livelyhood and yet refuses to muck it up. Okposo occasionally gets angry enough to hit someone wih his purse but more often is content to just smile and skate away.

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:57 PM
BobbyNystromOwnsYou*

Quote:

Old
03-03-2012, 01:08 PM
Isles4ever82

I am real suprised they did not atleast bring up Haley for this game. Boston is a real big tough team.