HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Anaheim @ Columbus 2/12/12 6:00EST

Old
02-13-2012, 08:48 AM
Columbus Mike
Next CBJ GM

vCash: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Overall, it's a more enjoyable brand of hockey to watch even if the results are only marginally better at times. At least the PP is producing, except for that 5-3 in which we looked like garbage.
Over the last few games, I've felt the PP looks terrible, except for when they score. It's either a goal or the other team has the better chances. Last night, the two PP we scored on lasted a total of 24 seconds. The other 4:53 was garbage. Minnesota seemed the same way.

Columbus Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I saw the exact opposite (there's a surprise!).
I'm with you Pete, it seems like others were not watching the same game as I was. Nash played hard, again. Some folks have their mind set and nothing that happens in reality can change that.

I hope we keep Nash. I have to believe there are 29 other teams and fans who would love to have him on their team. The Nash bashers just mystify me.

Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 09:18 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
The Nash bashers just mystify me.
And those that aren't critical of Nash during his periods of non-motivated play mystify me as well.

There is a place in the middle that Nash lives. Worth 10 million for 25 games, 7.8 million for another 20 games. The rest of the season, 5 million. I'd rather he play be worth 7 million for 50 games and play at a 10 million pace for the playoff push and the playoffs.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 10:20 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I'd rather he play be worth 7 million for 50 games and play at a 10 million pace for the playoff push and the playoffs.
I vote for that, too!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 10:43 AM
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Considering the team arrest records at Florida, I think that he had five or six defensive starters who'd been busted for exactly that.
Maybe so, but the point is that athletes at or near the top of their profession need to have that will to win, and killer instinct. I dont think there is a winning culture in place with the CBJ and that requires a culture change.

I will give you a Aaron Portzline quote from the Dispatch. Regarding what we need out of a President and GM, he said you "better be G** D*** obsessed with winning hockey games" and from the top down, I dont think anyone in this organization is.

MattTheMask is offline   Reply With Quote