HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks 2011-12 Rumor , Speculation , Trade Proposal thread II

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2012, 01:48 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post

Credibility=Lost

Richards and Carter being dealt were complete shocks to EVERYONE but Bowman should have seen it coming? If you think this team would be better with ****ing Handzus on it then you're forming opinions off of NHL 12.

Edit: I said i was done posting! Damn. Last post. I swear.
Bowman is the GM. And yes, Handzus would have made the team better. Your post is filled with nothing but hot air and ignorance.

Old
02-13-2012, 01:53 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
The team didn't plummit down the standings, from first place in the NHL because Bowman couldn't get a top-4 Dman, or a centremen to plug between Hossa and Sharp. They've pulmmited down the standings because they're atrocious in their own end and have horrible special teams. Problems they had far before the 8-game slide.
No, that's what you think, not a known fact. When they fill the holes and nothing changes, then by all means, say the roster makes no difference. Say the goaltending was always good enough. Say you only need one top 6 center to win in the NHL if everyone does their job. Say wingers are just as good at center as true centers. Say you only need 3 top 4 D to win championships in this league as long as the coaching is good and the players are committed................when you have some proof.

Old
02-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Sevanston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
No, that's what you think, not a known fact. When they fill the holes and nothing changes, then by all means, say the roster makes no difference. Say the goaltending was always good enough. Say you only need one top 6 center to win in the NHL if everyone does their job. Say wingers are just as good at center as true centers. Say you only need 3 top 4 D to win championships in this league as long as the coaching is good and the players are committed................when you have some proof.
Similarly, your belief that they did plummet down the standings by not getting such pieces is what you think, not a known fact.

Old
02-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Just because people were happy with the progress that had been made, a lot of people, more than 10%, or at least I would like to think, were wondering what was going on and what the plan was. I know I personally must have made peoples eyes bleed with how many times I have mentioned the cap space and lack of spending since July 1. We're still waiting....
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypik View Post
He completely changed the identity of the Hawks this offseason. Our Hawks were know as a puck possession team, with great speed and having a top echelon defensive unit in the NHL.

Absolutely, it's mostly Blowman's fault! The only NHL player he was able to get out of Buff, Ladd, Niemi, Campbell, Sopel, Eager, Kopy, Brouwer, Burish, Fraser and Steeger was Stalberg. He could have settled for some grinders but all he wanted was prospects and picks. I pray that half or at least a quarter of those prospects and/or draft picks pan out! I think he just wanted his name on this team/roster.
we couldn't even keep Reasoner and couldn't sign Johnson before december
He couldn't take any players back

Quote:
That's what the Hawks marketing department promoted not what any of the Hawk boards indicated. He didn't address the gaping hole at 2nd line center for Hossa, a physical linemate for Toews/Kane and a top 4 d-men to replace Campbell. At the very least, he could have signed a 3rd line center and moved Bolland up to the 2nd line but that didn't happen. The bottom line is their were plenty of centers out there but they were not willing to sign a one year deals. (Talbot, Fleischmann, Prospal, Fiddler and list go on.) Why should any descent center or d-men player in their early 30s sign a 1 year deal? He never replaced Campbell, instead he scraped the bottom of the barrel for quantity instead of quality for a 5-6-7 defensemen and expected a 20 year old to replace Campbell. Defensively, Leddy has regressed and it's all Bowman's fault!
1. there was no #2 Center available. We all knew that all he would do is adding a 4th line Center (Mayers) and give our young guys a chance. If they fail until the deadline he has the chance to make a trade. Right now, here we are and we need to wait 2 more weeks. In other words, he did what we all said and realistically wanted

2. He signed the LW for Toews and Kane. No chemistry and can't keep up with them. It could have ended in a different way

3. Campbell wasn't here for Defence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
For all the people talking about adding a #2 C during the offseason, who was available? Who could we have realistically acquired?
do you really expect to get an answer?

Quote:
Mike Richards and Jeff Carter (maybe didn't have enough, not so sure a more creative GM couldn't have made it happen, specifically for Richards, not a fan of Carter)

Handzus. He was a UFA and Bolland could have moved to No. 2 C. It would have been exponentially better than the nothing they have done so far. And like I said in the offseason, when something better came along, then you move him to the 4th line.
Handzus was not an option.

Richards and Carter were dealt before we had the chance to dump Campbell

Quote:
Off the top of my head Fleischmann or Prospal. At the very least he should have signed a 3rd line center and move Bolland to the 2nd line center. Bolland does make 2nd line center $$$.
Prospal wouldn't help us
Fleischmann gets money from Tallon what he is never worth

Old
02-13-2012, 02:00 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
No, it is a known fact. Jesus ****ing Christ. They're 0-for-whateverthe****they'reatnow on the road trip on the PP and their PK, as it has all season, constantly fails. They've been bad in their own end all season, it's why, even when they were winning, they were near the bottom of the league in Goals Allowed. Again, it's kind of a known fact.

I'm so done with this retarded discussion.

Old
02-13-2012, 02:01 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Similarly, your belief that they did plummet down the standings by not getting such pieces is what you think, not a known fact.
Yes, this is true.

Old
02-13-2012, 04:45 PM
helicecopter

Not sure where i should put this, but i couldn't find an 'injuries' thread so..

how long are Hjalmarsson and Montador supposed to be out?

Old
02-13-2012, 05:27 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicecopter View Post
Not sure where i should put this, but i couldn't find an 'injuries' thread so..

how long are Hjalmarsson and Montador supposed to be out?
Monty sounds like he is improving a little, but didnt practice today. Hammer has gotten worse. Speculation he has a concussion.

Old
02-13-2012, 06:31 PM
Hawkaholic

Time is now for Olsen to step up and become what we want him to be.

I didn't see the Phx game but he has looked good for the most part.
Heres to hoping he is that.

Old
02-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Spectra
Registered boozer

What about Zidlicky? Unhappy in Minny and UFA at the end of the season. If he won't re-sign with them I can't imagine it would take a whole lot.

Lalonde? They need offense though so maybe Bickell still holds some value to a team like that?

Old
02-14-2012, 12:23 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Zidlicky can play the pp and that's about it.

Old
02-14-2012, 12:28 PM
digdug41982

If he came cheap and we couldn't get someone more defensive minded, then yeah, I'd take him. He's and offense only type D-man but we need help on all fronts. Again though, he has to come cheap.

Old
02-14-2012, 12:36 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectra View Post
What about Zidlicky? Unhappy in Minny and UFA at the end of the season. If he won't re-sign with them I can't imagine it would take a whole lot.

Lalonde? They need offense though so maybe Bickell still holds some value to a team like that?
Zidlicky is not a UFA after year

He has 1 more year at 4M cap hit ,,, No way he should be on Hawks

He isn't that good defensively nor having good year

Old
02-14-2012, 12:39 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectra View Post

made the same mistake. Zidlicky has a year left at 4.0 and a ntc

Old
02-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Spectra
Registered boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Zidlicky is not a UFA after year

He has 1 more year at 4M cap hit ,,, No way he should be on Hawks

He isn't that good defensively nor having good year
Damn, someone lied to me, nevermind then. One more year at 4 for a 36 year old isn't worth it.

Old
02-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

what about Eric Johnson? I read that somewhere, we should go after thim

Old
02-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Blackhawks4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
what about Eric Johnson? I read that somewhere, we should go after thim
Would be a great pick up but will command 5mil+ next year.

Wishes from teams out of playoffs.
tbay - Moore, Kubina and Downie
edm - gagner, peckham (if healthy)
Mon - Gill, Campoli
Col - Johnson
Clb - Pahlsson
Phx - Doan, Whitney
Ana - Sellanne
Buff - Roy, Gaustad, Gragnani, Regehr

I know its a pretty broad list but there are some quality players in this list that can help us. I'm not sold on any players in the ahl, shaw and kruger included. Maybe insert a shaw or ben smith for energy but not as an everyday player....let them develop.
Bickell is not a popular person on this board but he's cap friendly and hopefully he can bring his game to the level of the 2011 playoffs and be a 4th line guy. As we have seen there is a short window to win the cup so we have to decide to unload kids this year or wait them out. I don't want to trade all of our young prospects but if we can win the cup it woukd be so worth it.

Sharp Toews Kane
Hossa (Roy, Gagner) (Selanne/Whitney, Doan, Downie)
Stalberg Bolland Frolik
Bickell (Moore, Pahllson, Gaustad) Mayers
Brunette Morrison

Seabs Keith
Leddy Hammer
Monty Gill Kubina SOD

Answers the pk problem and helps pp as well as it gives us some complete vets........we have to trade assets to gain these players but we need players who can play trusted minutes. Gagner could also play with kane and bring back the jr magic. We need D as every playoff you need 8 D that can be trusted.

So 3 forwards and 2 D are my wish list. Number one pick is Moore..he's very underrated and we really need a player like him. Gill on D

Old
02-15-2012, 12:02 AM
Platinum Seat Leafs

Micheal Frolik what is the deal with him i was a huge fan of his when he was on the Panthers ?

Old
02-15-2012, 12:09 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALDAL View Post
Micheal Frolik what is the deal with him i was a huge fan of his when he was on the Panthers ?
He's been good on D, lacks confidence in a weak shot, coaches may be telling him to just play safe D, I could see it. He was just on the 4th, not working out for team needs.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:12 AM
CS85
Tell 'em, Mean Gene!

Send a message via AIM to CS85
Frolik has been an offensive liability for awhile. His patented weak wrister from the brink of the slot makes goalies chuckle from time to time.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:38 AM
DontToewzMeBro

Crawford, Sharp,Frolik,
For
Nash,Mason,Phalsson

Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Nash-Bolland-Hossa
Shaw-Phalsson-Hayes/Bickell
Kruger-Mayers-Hayes/Bickell

Seabrook-Keith
Hammer-Leddy
Monty-SOD/Olsen

Mason
Emery

Old
02-15-2012, 12:44 AM
digdug41982

I hate your trade but why the bleep is Emery still on your roster?

Old
02-15-2012, 01:08 AM
Kane At Mifflin

What is really laughable is how Stan Bowman gets ZERO credit for standing pat during the 2010 trade deadline. EVERYBODY said the Hawks could not win the cup with Niemi and Huet in the net. Well, the Hawks had plenty of assets to deal to get a goaltender, namely Vokoun. But, credit to Bowman, he didn't sacrifice any of our depth to get a goalie and it paid off in the playoffs. We always got a big goal from our depth when we needed to. And don't act like it was such an easy decision to run with Niemi because he wasn't even the starter till almost mid-March that year. Bowman should get credit for his guts to stick with Niemi that year. That wasn't an easy decision, and not many fans had faith at the point he made the decision.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:11 AM
DontToewzMeBro

Quote:
I hate your trade but why the bleep is Emery still on your roster?
Cheap.

Old
02-15-2012, 06:21 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALDAL View Post
want him back? bag of pucks?

Closed Thread