HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars and GBR: Game #54 vs. Washington

View Poll Results: 3 Stars
Brandon Prust 29 29.00%
Henrik Lundqvist 57 57.00%
Brandon Dubinsky 32 32.00%
Ryan McDonagh 72 72.00%
Dan Girardi 6 6.00%
Derek Stepan 3 3.00%
Ryan Callahan 51 51.00%
Brad Richards 11 11.00%
Marian Gaborik 8 8.00%
Brian Boyle 5 5.00%
Artem Anisimov 3 3.00%
Michael Del Zotto 1 1.00%
Anton Stralman 10 10.00%
Carl Hagelin 4 4.00%
Other 2 2.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
This team is rolling.

Ovechkin looks lifeless. What's the story in WSH? I haven't been following much. He doesn't seem like he has the same energy as he used to..
Seriously. He's got half the energy level he used to and he just doesn't force something to happen. Still, he scares me.

Last edited by JeffMangum: 02-12-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 09:39 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I was thinking of starting a new thread but decided against it. I really think McDonagh is playing than Staal has ever played and even if Staal returns to form McDonagh will be a better defenseman for his career. Defensively, I don't see McD behind Staal and offensively it's not even close. There's a poll on the main boards and Staal's killing it. I think people are going by rep. I can probably count on one hand, the bad games McD has had all year. The game against Tampa when we lost 3-2 in a SO and a few games around that time (that was his slump, a couple of games at around that point in the season). IMO he's one of the very best defensemen in the league.
McDonagh is one of the best in the league. But I don't think he is playing better than Staal ever did. I think people have forgotten just how good Staal was before he got knocked out.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Gaborik is playing with a ton of confidence right now. Seeing the ice so well and making decisions on instinct rather than thinking.

Hagelin is special. He's going to be a 60+ point guy one day. I guarantee it. He makes such smart plays. He makes the RIGHT play in all three zones, and he makes Callahan's energy level seem like Jagr's. I don't think I've ever seen a player use his speed that well in all areas of the ice. Not afraid to hit either and has some swagger/jam/edge to his game. Reminds me slightly of Versteeg if he actually skated like he wanted to make a difference every shift. Versteeg mixed with Callahan, perhaps. Or just a left handed callahan.

Dubinskys getting it back.
Prust is such a valuable player. The goal he scored is a bonus. He deserves an A.
Richards is heating up. By playoff time, he's going to be lighting it up. This guy is a winner. And he's clutch as ****.

Old
02-12-2012, 09:50 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
McDonagh is one of the best in the league. But I don't think he is playing better than Staal ever did. I think people have forgotten just how good Staal was before he got knocked out.
I seem to remember more bad plays and bad games from Staal. Don't get more wrong, he was great, but I don't remember him being as consistent than McDonagh.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Hagelin is special. He's going to be a 60+ point guy one day. I guarantee it. He makes such smart plays. He makes the RIGHT play in all three zones, and he makes Callahan's energy level seem like Jagr's. I don't think I've ever seen a player use his speed that well in all areas of the ice. Not afraid to hit either and has some swagger/jam/edge to his game. Reminds me slightly of Versteeg if he actually skated like he wanted to make a difference every shift. Versteeg mixed with Callahan, perhaps. Or just a left handed callahan.
Hags is a special player indeed. This kid is thinking 100 percent of his shift. It's rare a kid is that committed to making the right play on every stride.

On another note, I believe Anisimov is one of the few guys that can be moved without disrupting what we've got going on. Imagine Stepan and Gabby with a power winger... Like the kid, but he's not the piece we need at that spot.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
I seem to remember more bad plays and bad games from Staal. Don't get more wrong, he was great, but I don't remember him being as consistent than McDonagh.
No way Jose. Staal was on another level for the time period discussed. McDonagh is surely entrenched as successor for the moment though...

Old
02-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Hags is a special player indeed. This kid is thinking 100 percent of his shift. It's rare a kid is that committed to making the right play on every stride.

On another note, I believe Anisimov is one of the few guys that can be moved without disrupting what we've got going on. Imagine Stepan and Gabby with a power winger... Like the kid, but he's not the piece we need at that spot.
100% agree and I hope Artie lights it up the next few games so his value goes up.

Old
02-12-2012, 10:11 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

People around the league don't know how good McDonagh is yet. Still can't believe we got him for Gomez.

I Eat Crow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:13 PM
SnowblindNYR

As far as guys that can bring us something back and is expendable I think Artie is on top of that list with Dubi. (Watch me catch flack for including Dubi).

Old
02-12-2012, 10:14 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
People around the league don't know how good McDonagh is yet. Still can't believe we got him for Gomez.
He's no PK Subban.

Old
02-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

What's up with Ovi? Why has he tailed off the last 2 seasons?

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:19 PM
jacko23
KCCO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Yea, I actually like Pierre. Sure, he talks way too much, but he's a class act who knows his stuff. Also really respects the Rangers. Put Doc in his place.
Pierre?! respects the Rangers?! i must only see him when we play Crosby and the Pens then, cos hes on his knees for Pittsburgh in those games...

jacko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:23 PM
mucker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Because they have 3 GREAT offensive players and their goalie was in the zone for that run. Other than that, they're very mediocre and personally, I think Guy Boucher is a horrible coach and his trap system is pitiful, especially for the team he has. it's a gimmick that belongs in NHL 12. And people were calling him an Adams nominee last season. Sheesh. Hell be gone soon, IMO.
First, LeCav is a shell of himself. St. Louis is way down. Malone is nothing. This team does not have as much offense as you think. It's really Stamkos and 3rd liners/has been.

Second, their defense stinks.

Third, I knew Roloson would never make it through the season.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:24 PM
mucker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
If and when Sam retires, I would love to steal Howie Rose from the Islanders. I'm sure he wouldn't mind being reunited with Joe Michelletti either
I was thinking if Sam retires they really should gives Howie, he has a crater face and is the Isles homer, but he really can call a good game, knows the game, and is very professional. I think he is wasted on the Island.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:25 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briscoe View Post
First, LeCav is a shell of himself. St. Louis is way down. Malone is nothing. This team does not have as much offense as you think. It's really Stamkos and 3rd liners/has been.

Maybe we should trade for Stamkos. lol Wonder what that package would look like.

Old
02-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
As far as guys that can bring us something back and is expendable I think Artie is on top of that list with Dubi. (Watch me catch flack for including Dubi).
Dubinsky is next in that very short line. However, his physical brand of hockey saves him from being dealt IMO. I find it hard to get rid of a guy who will be right there come PO time ready to elevate his game and fight for everything on ice.

Old
02-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:

Oh, I agree. I was saying that's what helped them get a few upsets in the playoffs. They had their big 3 contribute at key times, and their goalie was hot.

Old
02-12-2012, 10:35 PM
nyrfan1026

I voted Mactruck, Dubi and Callahan.

Pruster was on, as well. His line put in some ridiculously hard-working shifts today. Dudes a gamer fa' sho.

nyrfan1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:42 PM
ltsthinaz

The way they are playing now, why even think about trades? If Richards plays like he's played the last three games, along with Anisimov coming alive (and I don't think he'd bring that much in a trade, certainly not a Bobby Ryan), we have enough offense. If we get Sauer back, if Staal continues to improve, our defense will be impenetrable. Especially considering that Stahlman was an afterthought and he's been excellent, if a little soft physically.

And IMO McD is a future Hall-of-Famer, I think he's the best young defenseman in the league - for a washed-up Scott Gomez, I think the Rangers rise really began when they got rid of the Gomez contract and got McD.

And let's not forget MDZ has been a revelation this year. Not to mention Hagelin, Callahan, ..........

And the farm system has been re-stocked, it's a good time to be a Ranger fan.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Zil

Quote:
I was thinking if Sam retires they really should gives Howie, he has a crater face and is the Isles homer, but he really can call a good game, knows the game, and is very professional. I think he is wasted on the Island.
Howie? An Isles homer? Nope. He's their announcer now, but he's a lifelong Ranger fan. I'll be upset if they don't get him when Sam retires.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 11:13 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Great picture of Prust after the SHG:

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 11:15 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
What's up with Ovi? Why has he tailed off the last 2 seasons?
Ovi is always dangerous. I watched the game today, Boyle/Prust/Dubi forechecked like mad and kept the puck away from him. And while the Rangers looked tired at the end, they completely dominated 40 minutes of the game, from the 10 to the 50 minute mark, could've had a lot more goals. Without Backstrom and Green, Washington has a porous defense, spotty goaltending and not much up-front. That allows you to concentrate on Ovi. Also, maybe because he knows this, he's less motivated.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Ovi doesn't do much against us anyway. Semin on the other hand...

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 11:18 PM
broadwayblue

With today's win I believe our magic number is down to 39.

Old
02-12-2012, 11:56 PM
The Lone Ranger

McDonough

Hank

Cally

HM - Prust, Richards, Gabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
If and when Sam retires, I would love to steal Howie Rose from the Islanders. I'm sure he wouldn't mind being reunited with Joe Michelletti either
Howie would be good. But I think John Giannone would also be a swell pick. He does a great job filling-in whenever Sam is away covering a football game.

Whoever is picked as a successor to Sam, please MSG,..... do NOT pair him up with Chico.

The Lone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote