HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Maybe Ribiero does have a backbone....

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2004, 06:22 PM
Habs4Life

vCash: 915
Wow maybe ribs does play for the love of the game?

Old
10-26-2004, 06:23 PM
EaGLE1

vCash: 500
I like when Ribeiro speaks his mind.

Here's a guy who have real opinions about things.

Old
10-26-2004, 06:46 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...46&hubName=nhl

Here's some views from the two americans on PTI

Old
10-26-2004, 06:51 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Good for Ribiero, someone should show Theodore this article next summer when he goes for a new contract.

Old
10-26-2004, 06:57 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
Poor ribs. That guy is going to be hated from everyone in the nhl. First the martin lapointe incident and now his comment on the salary cap. You really think that guys that make 5 our 6 million dollars in the nhl are going to take it well. I dont think so. Mind you that ribs is right about having a salary cap cause hockey does need one but I dont the players association esspecialy goodenow is going to apreciate his coments. As a hockey fan thow we should give him credit for coming out and saying it.Now hopefuly there 3 our 4 more players that well step in to back him up and maybe just maybe the negociation are going to start again.
Ribeiro is winning close to the average salary of the nhl.I am sure that they are a majority of players that think in the same way as Ribeiro .But as we all know , it's for the star salary that goodenow is negotiating

Old
10-26-2004, 07:09 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
Ribeiro is winning close to the average salary of the nhl.I am sure that they are a majority of players that think in the same way as Ribeiro .But as we all know , it's for the star salary that goodenow is negotiating
I hate Goodenow. What a ....

Old
10-26-2004, 07:15 PM
goalchenyuk

by the way , in the same news paper , they talk about the ownre of our team ; Gillet say that if the owners are the large responsable of the incredible salaries , players are not innocent but that it's given nothing to search a guilty .party ; talking together is the only way to find a solution.

the article talk also about the kind of comments like the one Damphousse made about the financial issue ; If it wouln't be lucrative why an owner would spend all the money it's take to have a team ?

answer : the love of the game .Gillet said that he knew that The CANADIANS were not a good financial affair and that he will loose money , but that he didn't resist because he loves the game.It say also that some onwers loose money because they want so much their team to win that they sometime signed insane contracts.

and face to them , they are players that are crying because the are just winning 4-6 000 000 $ what a shame !

Old
10-26-2004, 08:23 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boucher
his definetly gonna get lots of heat from the NHLPA for this one but aslong as a few more step up like that ...the heat is gonna be on goodnow to start negotiating...good for RIBS and all the others who are starting to speak up!
I dont think hes respected around the league anyways... so he doesn't really care about shooting off his mouth

Old
10-27-2004, 03:52 AM
CHareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
Poor ribs. That guy is going to be hated from everyone in the nhl. First the martin lapointe incident and now his comment on the salary cap.
Maybe not the NHL, but certainly he won't be making a lot of friends with a lot of the players and the NHLPA. I hope he can fend off those players when play resumes and also the rabid NHPLA censors in the interim, but good for him to speak out. But what impressed me most about the article was the comment about how he didn't go play in Europe because he wanted to be with his wife who is expecting. Good stuff, Mike. Now can you go to a gym and work out? Please?

Old
10-27-2004, 07:46 AM
BLONG7

If one thing Ribs said can get the two sides thinking and talking again, then the others in the PA should be very happy with Ribs, not be pi$$ed!

Old
10-27-2004, 08:18 AM
ti-vite

lol And to think Damphousse and Ribs are team mates on the caravane tour...

Should make interesting bus rides...

Old
10-27-2004, 08:57 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite
lol And to think Damphousse and Ribs are team mates on the caravane tour...

Should make interesting bus rides...

Haha thats pretty fun. I could see Damphousse giving Ribs dirty looks, while Ribs just stares out the window like a innocent child.....

Old
10-27-2004, 09:19 AM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Haha thats pretty fun. I could see Damphousse giving Ribs dirty looks, while Ribs just stares out the window like a innocent child.....
Yeah, that or just have the cockiest facial expression ever since he knows he's right

Old
10-27-2004, 09:29 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklours
Yeah, that or just have the cockiest facial expression ever since he knows he's right
Thats possible too

Closed Thread