HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #55 Blues vs Sharks

Old
02-12-2012, 10:56 PM
ToniJ1960

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Yeah...I'm not too fond of the Sharks. But we're 3-0 against them this season so let them be mad.
I agree with you

ToniJ1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

All future posts about the Sharks GDT will be deleted!

Its really sad that I even have to type that.

Lets not pull this kind of crud again. Trolling on another team's thread is not permitted, nor is bringing junk back!

From the site rules:
Quote:
2) Trolling: Do not post topics with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against or demean their team, or cheer for their opponent. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive. We do not permit any forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Copying posts from one HFBoard team forum to another for this purpose is considered trolling.
The MODs will be keeping a keen eye on these matters.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 11:00 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Alex Pietrangelo was amazing tonight. It wasn't just the third period and I'm not even talking about the offense. Seriously, if he'd had zero points it would have been one of his most special games ever.

If he can find a way to take this performance and bottle it, just the defensive part, the Blues will go deep in the playoffs this year no matter how much his number is circled on the other locker room's whiteboard. Honestly that was jawdropping in every respect. PavelDatsyuk's comment near the end of the locked GDT is right on, there's just no real way to describe how ridiculous he was tonight. I wish I could re-watch this game and just isolate on Petro. If any of you have the game DVR'd and can do this, you won't regret the exercise. WOW. Franchise defenseman. Best young defenseman in the world hands down. Won't say "AINEC" but the margin is definitive.
He did play one heck of a game. How can any Blues fan not be jacked up about this kid!!!

Old
02-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Eh Celtic's right. This was one of the best games of the year, should be focused on that instead of the opposing fans.

Never once thought that Andy McDonald would not be the biggest story coming out his return. Pietrangelo is incredible.

Dolph Ziggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Unholy
waifu

Hey guys how did Andy Mac look overall? I know he got an A but did he look like himself out there or perhaps it will take a couple games?

02-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
Hey guys how did Andy Mac look overall? I know he got an A but did he look like himself out there or perhaps it will take a couple games?

he looked great. fast as hell

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

Quote:
He looked fast. That was the first thing that came to mind was how quick he looked out there. Had a couple of opportunities and nearly scored twice.

He looked like he hadn't missed a beat really.

Old
02-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Unholy
waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
he looked great. fast as hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
He looked fast. That was the first thing that came to mind was how quick he looked out there. Had a couple of opportunities and nearly scored twice.

Thanks, glad to hear it. Love that guy.

Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 11:28 PM
BlueDream

Yeah he had an assist and could have had a couple more points tonight. Set up some nice chances.

He looked excellent to be honest. Should be a boost to our powerplay.

BlueDream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Benighted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post

Yeah had this been the first game I watched all year I would have assumed he has been an integral part of this whole run.

Benighted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Thanks, glad to hear it. Love that guy.
If he could just stay healthy. I would love to see him play every night!

Old
02-12-2012, 11:33 PM
couturefan39

sharks fan here to give the blues props.. hitchcock has really turned that around despite all the injuries

and btw, ignore the Sharks fans on hf.. there's like 2 posters i only like, the rest are a bunch of cry babies & dont know how to handle a loss. this is why i hate the sharks fans on here

couturefan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturefan39 View Post
sharks fan here to give the blues props.. hitchcock has really turned that around despite all the injuries

and btw, ignore the Sharks fans on hf.. there's like 2 posters i only like, the rest are a bunch of cry babies & dont know how to handle a loss. this is why i hate the sharks fans on here
Thanks. All teams have fans that are less...open-minded than others. It goes with the territory of fandom lol

Sharks have a very good team. Just wasn't their night. They'll still be a top 3 seed in the west. Best of luck the rest of the season.

Old
02-12-2012, 11:48 PM
Sushiko
Damn Blues

What a game. Blues impressed me with the PK. I was nervous each time but they put it away. Glad to see Pie making goals, and loved having AMac back. He was fast and brillant! Glad for another Halak shoot-out. Wasn't sure how he'd do his first game back after being taken out the other night, but was impressive. I admit, I didn't see a lot go down by him which was great because it seemed like Blues dominated in that way and kept it out of their zone. I have a terrible migraine so it's hard to focus on details, but it looked to me Blues worked hard and earned it, but at the same time it seemed like they were in their element and it wasn't hard for them to dominate.

Quote:

Awesome! I know a Sharks fan and let me tell you, he had the mother of all tantrums.
I agree though, they'll be a top seed as well, nothing to worry about otherwise I don't think.

Last edited by Sushiko: 02-13-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Sushiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 12:22 AM
The Note
Overrated

How nice was it to have 10 back? Can you imagine this team even with just him and Steen and the forwards we iced tonight? Not even considering Arnott and D'ags.

The Note is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 12:24 AM
zombiekopitor
i am lorde, ya ya ya

vCash: 50
Quote:

some Sharks fans are just too crazy melodramatic in the GDT's, I don't think half of what is said should be taken too serously or the whole team should have been traded by the end of november. There's always some hilarous posts mixed in too, they're just as fun as the games
Ironically after putting a couple hours into our GDT I didn't get to watch the game, I had to work, but reading both teams GDT's was very amusing; that said I think most people found my OP in good fun and I think you guys have some avatar potential with the St. Louis Bloos

zombiekopitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 12:27 AM
Sushiko
Damn Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88eight View Post
some Sharks fans are just too crazy melodramatic in the GDT's, I don't think half of what is said should be taken too serously or the whole team should have been traded by the end of november. There's always some hilarous posts mixed in too, they're just as fun as the games
Ironically after putting a couple hours into our GDT I didn't get to watch the game, I had to work, but reading both teams GDT's was very amusing; that said I think most people found my OP in good fun and I think you guys have some avatar potential with the St. Louis Bloos
Well, you guys have awesome GDTs with the art and stuff. I just loved the Valentine's one, I still like to peek back at it. I now refer to Jamie McGinn as "McGiggity"

Sushiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 12:47 AM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88eight View Post

I cracked up at your GDT. Very well done.

Old
02-13-2012, 01:20 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 857
Not sure if it was mentioned, but McDonald won 3 of 4 faceoffs. Sure is nice to have the situational ace back.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 01:21 AM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Not sure if it was mentioned, but McDonald won 3 of 4 faceoffs. Sure is nice to have the situational ace back.
Hopefully he can help quite a bit in that area. We sure need it.

Old
02-13-2012, 01:31 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
Hopefully he can help quite a bit in that area. We sure need it.
yeah, even if it is just a few here and there, those powerplay faceoffs and late game draws will be huge down the stretch

Old
02-13-2012, 01:40 AM
diehardbluesfan

I guess we can't talk hockey with another teams forum? Isn't that what this forum is about? From the last two pages I read, it was civil conversation between our fans and theirs.

Seems rather.. to strict.

diehardbluesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 01:44 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbluesfan View Post
I guess we can't talk hockey with another teams forum? Isn't that what this forum is about? From the last two pages I read, it was civil conversation between our fans and theirs.

Seems rather.. to strict.
not sure when you started reading, but there were a good amount of deletions, the mods were not in the wrong, at least this time they weren't

Old
02-13-2012, 01:46 AM
BlueDream

Yeah but I think some guy even started a thread in their forum. That's just dumb. Don't troll them, it makes us look bad.

BlueDream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 01:51 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Next time when we play the Sharks, I hope we know better to just avoid them. If any of us forget, someone please remind us to stay away from them.