Official 2012/2013 Providence Bruins Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2012, 09:17 AM
DaaaaB's

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Union is one of the Frozen Four teams. It doesn't play until next weekend. Strange, though, that there is a two week hiatus betwenn tournament games, owing to the focus on college basketball. I was impressed with Welsh in the quarter finals.
What's even stranger is the Frozen Four being held in Florida. I was shocked that Alabama-Huntsville was chosen as host and baffled when they decided to hold it in Florida. I can't imagine that many people in Florida give two ***** about this tournament. Also, since the majority of the players are from Northeastern USA or Canada, it's not very convenient for their family and friends to attend the games.

Old
03-30-2012, 11:41 AM
Spoked P

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
What's even stranger is the Frozen Four being held in Florida. I was shocked that Alabama-Huntsville was chosen as host and baffled when they decided to hold it in Florida. I can't imagine that many people in Florida give two ***** about this tournament. Also, since the majority of the players are from Northeastern USA or Canada, it's not very convenient for their family and friends to attend the games.
As far as I could see this is the furthest south it has ever been, and by far! Next closest is St. Louis in '75. Sure is a nuetral site!

http://insidecollegehockey.com/6History/frozen_four.htm

Old
03-30-2012, 02:00 PM
jetsjets1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoked P View Post
I wouldn't say that Hutch gets the easier games. He usually gets the saturday away game, as part of the 3 games in 3 nights. Doby usually plays the Friday and Sunday games.

Hutch has been much better this year, and even better as the year has gone along. Like others have mentioned the defense in front the net this year has been horrid. I would be ok if he got a bulk of the starts next year.
except for some reason last weekend that changed and o hope it does this weekend too even tho hutch was awesome in game i saw vs spr at dunk khudobin has OWNED springfield this year and tomorrow probably my final game and putting 5-0 record on.. 5th time seeing them play springfield and hopefully khudobin is in net cuz we need a win as theyre 1 of teams we are going be battling for final spot

Old
03-30-2012, 03:09 PM
JeffForsberg21

Does anyone know what happened to Stefan Chaput, he only played 11 games but seems to be on active roster on www.theahl.com but lost his number #21 to Bobby Robins. Is he injured ? supsended ? left the team ?

Thanks

Old
03-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Saxon Eric

Send a message via AIM to Saxon Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffForsberg21 View Post
Does anyone know what happened to Stefan Chaput, he only played 11 games but seems to be on active roster on www.theahl.com but lost his number #21 to Bobby Robins. Is he injured ? supsended ? left the team ?

Thanks
Injured, done for the year I believe

Old
03-30-2012, 07:12 PM
SanDogBrewin
Righteous bucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoked P View Post
As far as I could see this is the furthest south it has ever been, and by far! Next closest is St. Louis in '75. Sure is a nuetral site!

http://insidecollegehockey.com/6History/frozen_four.htm
Went to the 99' Frozen Four great turnout. Lots of transplants out in So Cal though, not sure about northern Florida. UNH, Maine and BC fans didn't seem to mind the travel out west that year.

Old
03-30-2012, 07:37 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Providence tied at 2, looks like Sauve has popped both goals.

Old
03-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Mione134

Providence loses 4-3.

By everyones tweets, Khuey imploded in the 3rd.

Old
03-30-2012, 09:59 PM
samsdad

Was at the game. Max was clearly the best player on the ice....he will be an NHL player soon if he stays healthy. Everyone else....not much to see here folks. A few good moves by Camper, Miller is a PIA to play against (at least tonight).

Old
03-30-2012, 10:48 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Hamill has absolutely fallen off the map since going back down. At this point he's not even worth bringing back for Providence depth.

Old
03-30-2012, 10:53 PM
Mione134

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Hamill has absolutely fallen off the map since going back down. At this point he's not even worth bringing back for Providence depth.

Oh Slothy...this hurts me. I thought you'd actually fight for a spot like you did for a little while. Sadness.

Old
03-31-2012, 04:48 AM
Alan Ryan

Khudobin ready for the back-up role in Boston

Goalie Anton Khudobin is ready to head to Boston for the playoffs. This Providence Journal article provides nice background information on his journey to Boston and his role in the organization.

With Tuukka Rasks playoff availability in question because of injury and Marty Turco not eligible for the postseason, all signs point to Khudobin backing up Tim Thomas when the Bruins open their defense of the Stanley Cup in a couple of weeks.

No matter what happens, he says he is ready. If they give me a chance to play, Im going to play how I can. Im just going to go there and do my job, said Khudobin, who returned to the Providence net last weekend after missing a month with a wrist injury.

Khudobin is a sore loser in any language. A shattered Sherwood goalie stick with his name on it often can be found in the trash barrel outside the Providence Bruins dressing room after an overtime or shootout loss. I hate to lose. Doesnt matter if the score is 4-3, 5-4 or 6-5. If we get the win, Im more happy. Of course, I try to not allow them to score. I would love to have a shutout every game, but Id rather win than anything else, Khudobin says.

While Khudobin had offers to return to Russia last summer, he said that he wanted to stay with the Boston organization. If the Bruins decide to part ways with Tim Thomas over the summer and hand the starting job over to Rask, Khudobin would be in line to be the backup. He is signed through the 2012-13 season, and will make NHL money next season $800,000 whether he plays in Boston or Providence. Lets finish this season first, and after that well talk about next season, he said.

Full article: http://www.providencejournal.com/spo...2.11dbb41.html

Old
03-31-2012, 08:53 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

Khudobin's wrist injury could not have come at a worse time.

That was a real chance for him to showcase his talent and prove he's ready to be an NHL player.

Like Tim Thomas, all Dobby needs is opportunity, but when it knocked- worst-case scenario with him on the shelf.

So, once again, a larger modicum of risk creeps into any decision Boston makes with its top-2 goalies this offseason. Khudobin has been stellar in his limited NHL action, but like Thomas in 2006, it's a very limited sample size.

Old
03-31-2012, 02:52 PM
xPumpedxByxLucicx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
Khudobin's wrist injury could not have come at a worse time.

That was a real chance for him to showcase his talent and prove he's ready to be an NHL player.

Like Tim Thomas, all Dobby needs is opportunity, but when it knocked- worst-case scenario with him on the shelf.

So, once again, a larger modicum of risk creeps into any decision Boston makes with its top-2 goalies this offseason. Khudobin has been stellar in his limited NHL action, but like Thomas in 2006, it's a very limited sample size.
Is koko heading to providence? Saw windsors out of the playoffs

Old
03-31-2012, 02:58 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPumpedxByxLucicx View Post
No.

Koko has a lacerated kidney from a game mishap-- missed the last month and is out of hockey action until d-camp, possibly training camp in Sept.

Old
03-31-2012, 02:58 PM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPumpedxByxLucicx View Post
Lacerated kidney. Hasnt played for awhile.

Old
03-31-2012, 06:52 PM
Mione134

Falcons and Bruins tied 1-1 after the 1st.

MacDonald with the goal for the B's.

Mayoronv(whatever his name is) scored for the Falcons.

Old
03-31-2012, 08:28 PM
Alan Ryan

Providence down 3-1 with 5 minutes left. Looks like no playoffs again this season.

Old
03-31-2012, 08:36 PM
NinthSpoke06

vCash: 50
Spooner's squad, Sarnia just got eliminated by Saginaw.

Would love to see him in Connecticut tomorrow, but unfortunately it is a day game...

EDIT: Just saw Kirk's report that he hurt himself. I really hope it isn't that bad. Would like to see him get in a few more games at the Pro level this year.

Old
03-31-2012, 09:31 PM
jetsjets1028

theres goes my undefeated record! my final game finish 5-1 inc 4-1 vs spr inc 1-0 at dunk but both teams NEEDED this game keep their playoff hopes alive 1 team showed up it was the falcons. Pbruins were so lucky be tied at 1 after 1 oh tho refs screwed us over bad..
the goal washout shouldve been a goal giroux knocked sauve into the goalie yet wash it out call penalty on sauve for goalie inerference ridiculous... sitll got rare powerplay tonight out of it and scored but that was end of good stuff
khudobin got hurt again tonight bad time was just lying out on ice.. luckily stayed in oh tho gave up goal soon after 3-1 and it stayed that way pbruins looked awful in game needed
looks like NO playoffs again!!! this was dagger falcons wanted it way more and got it
pbruins won big game between 2 when i went to dunk few weeks ago that got pbruins within 3 of spr instead of 7 but tonight falcons just wanted it very poor and awful showing by team who needed win tonight
sauve besides that play where shouldve had goal did nothing unlike last night
whitfield awful unlike game at dunk vs these 2 matter fact the captain whitfield in 3rd decides flip puck out of play for bonehead penalty that took 2 more minutes off clock DUMB MOVE
now 6 pts out 6 games go 13th in conference forget it theyre done now

Old
04-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Alan Ryan

Providence beat Connecticut 3-2 in OT.

Camper with 2 goals, including the OT winner. He was a good free agent acquisition.

It will be interesting to see how Camper looks in training camp against the NHL level Bruins. Can he make the varsity?

Old
04-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Alicat
Charge!

So who are this year's Black Aces?

I am Boston Strong

Old
04-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
So who are this year's Black Aces?
Khudobin and Sauve to name two.

Old
04-02-2012, 08:56 AM
Spoked P

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
he has been out for quite awhile. I think atleast the last 3 weekends.

Old
04-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Khudobin and Sauve to name two.
I'd have to say Warsofsky, Camper and Cunningham should get consideration. I know he's been less than stellar but Colby Cohen too. Whitfield is a lock.

Closed Thread