HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2012/2013 Providence Bruins Thread II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-07-2012, 05:57 PM
  #351
Malt
#wpri12steve
 
Malt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 766
vCash: 500
Providence @ Bridgeport tonight, will post occasional updates...

Whitfield's line starts, Hutch is in net.

AHL Live has a nice new look. Glad they got that in place just in time for the season to be done...

No score early. PBees have had the better of the play. Spooner is with MacKinnon and MacDonald. The line of Sauve-Camper-Cunningham are buzzing around early.

Hennessey drives by the Bridgeprt D and scores, Pbees up 1-0.

Whitfield scores, PBees up 2-0.

Still 2-0 early in the second. Trying to watch Spooner, but his line isn't doing much out there.

Not much doing in the second. PBees know they need to win--and they also need some teams in front of them to lose as well.

Bridgeport get one on a deflected shot that gets by Hutch. 2-1.

Camper gets the Bruins up 3-1 after taking a nice feed from Sauve. That line has looked good tonight.

Robins head to the penalty box after an interference call...

Robins vs. Riley late in the second. Even bout.

Whitfield gets his second and it's 4-1 Bruins.

Hutch gives up a softy late in the third. 4-2.

Big scrum near the end of the game...DiBenedetto is firing punches at Hutch! Hutch ends up defending himself well. Providence ends up with a 5 on 3 PP, and the game ends 4-2. Hutch with 39 saves. Hopefully someone gets DiB next time...

3rd H J. DiBenedetto 2.00 Instigating 18:50
3rd H J. DiBenedetto 5.00 Fighting 18:50
3rd H J. DiBenedetto 10.00 Game misconduct - Instigator (last 5:00) (46.11) 18:50
3rd H T. Romano 2.00 Goaltender interference 18:50


Last edited by Malt: 04-07-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Malt is offline  
Old
04-09-2012, 11:58 AM
  #352
nycbruins*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt View Post
Providence @ Bridgeport tonight, will post occasional updates...

Whitfield's line starts, Hutch is in net.

AHL Live has a nice new look. Glad they got that in place just in time for the season to be done...

No score early. PBees have had the better of the play. Spooner is with MacKinnon and MacDonald. The line of Sauve-Camper-Cunningham are buzzing around early.

Hennessey drives by the Bridgeprt D and scores, Pbees up 1-0.

Whitfield scores, PBees up 2-0.

Still 2-0 early in the second. Trying to watch Spooner, but his line isn't doing much out there.

Not much doing in the second. PBees know they need to win--and they also need some teams in front of them to lose as well.

Bridgeport get one on a deflected shot that gets by Hutch. 2-1.

Camper gets the Bruins up 3-1 after taking a nice feed from Sauve. That line has looked good tonight.

Robins head to the penalty box after an interference call...

Robins vs. Riley late in the second. Even bout.

Whitfield gets his second and it's 4-1 Bruins.

Hutch gives up a softy late in the third. 4-2.

Big scrum near the end of the game...DiBenedetto is firing punches at Hutch! Hutch ends up defending himself well. Providence ends up with a 5 on 3 PP, and the game ends 4-2. Hutch with 39 saves. Hopefully someone gets DiB next time...

3rd H J. DiBenedetto 2.00 Instigating 18:50
3rd H J. DiBenedetto 5.00 Fighting 18:50
3rd H J. DiBenedetto 10.00 Game misconduct - Instigator (last 5:00) (46.11) 18:50
3rd H T. Romano 2.00 Goaltender interference 18:50
I don't think I've hated a no-name prospect as much as I hate that Di-B. Since the 2010 rookie camp, that guy just keeps proving he's a P.O.S.

nycbruins* is offline  
Old
04-09-2012, 06:25 PM
  #353
MioneRask134
Queen in the North
 
MioneRask134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hogwarts-617
Country: United States
Posts: 12,549
vCash: 500
^ I agree.

MioneRask134 is online now  
Old
04-10-2012, 10:55 AM
  #354
Spoked P
Registered User
 
Spoked P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 58
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
I don't think I've hated a no-name prospect as much as I hate that Di-B. Since the 2010 rookie camp, that guy just keeps proving he's a P.O.S.
Bridgeport is a big team. I think they like to throw their bodies around. especially since Providence doesn't have much size. He is a love-hate guy. Its great when he is on your team, and hate it when he isn't.

Spoked P is offline  
Old
04-10-2012, 04:27 PM
  #355
GarbageGoal
AKA Section109
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 11,876
vCash: 500
Justin Florek was released from his ATO. Anyone know why?

GarbageGoal is offline  
Old
04-10-2012, 06:27 PM
  #356
MioneRask134
Queen in the North
 
MioneRask134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hogwarts-617
Country: United States
Posts: 12,549
vCash: 500
Maybe to make room for Cross?

MioneRask134 is online now  
Old
04-10-2012, 06:32 PM
  #357
GarbageGoal
AKA Section109
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 11,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
Maybe to make room for Cross?
There's no limit to an AHL roster, so no.

GarbageGoal is offline  
Old
04-10-2012, 07:07 PM
  #358
MioneRask134
Queen in the North
 
MioneRask134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hogwarts-617
Country: United States
Posts: 12,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
There's no limit to an AHL roster, so no.
Hmm.. I wonder why then. I thought he was producing good numbers.

MioneRask134 is online now  
Old
04-11-2012, 12:00 PM
  #359
5 minutes a Knight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Justin Florek was released from his ATO. Anyone know why?
School related?

5 minutes a Knight is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 12:12 PM
  #360
GarbageGoal
AKA Section109
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 11,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon Eric View Post
School related?
That's possible. That's why Tremblay left.

GarbageGoal is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 01:22 PM
  #361
nycbruins*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,933
vCash: 500
I guess his ATO was over so he's going to go back to school or whatever and not play in the final P-Bruins games.

He's still under Bruins control and his ELC will start next season, though. No need to worry for Florek fans.

nycbruins* is offline  
Old
04-11-2012, 01:23 PM
  #362
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 17,241
vCash: 500
Curious about people's impressions of Craig Cunningham's first year in PRO. Never really took much notice of him as a prospect and haven't made it down for a game this year.

JMiller is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 10:48 AM
  #363
Spoked P
Registered User
 
Spoked P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 58
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Curious about people's impressions of Craig Cunningham's first year in PRO. Never really took much notice of him as a prospect and haven't made it down for a game this year.
I thought he was great. He played on a line with Camper and Hamill/Hennessy. Playing with skilled players probably elevated his game. He is an aggressive skater and good in the corners. He seemed to be in the right spot a lot of the time.

Spoked P is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 06:16 PM
  #364
GarbageGoal
AKA Section109
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 11,876
vCash: 500
So the PBruins are 4 points back of the 8th place team Portland with a game in hand going into the final weekend. They also have a game Sunday with the Pirates, which gives them a chance to directly hurt them. Manchester and Adirondack are also still ahead of the Bruins, so they will need a big weekend and a lot of help to get in.

GarbageGoal is offline  
Old
04-12-2012, 06:38 PM
  #365
MioneRask134
Queen in the North
 
MioneRask134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hogwarts-617
Country: United States
Posts: 12,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
So the PBruins are 4 points back of the 8th place team Portland with a game in hand going into the final weekend. They also have a game Sunday with the Pirates, which gives them a chance to directly hurt them. Manchester and Adirondack are also still ahead of the Bruins, so they will need a big weekend and a lot of help to get in.
So you're saying there's a chance?

MioneRask134 is online now  
Old
04-13-2012, 11:11 PM
  #366
Alan Ryan
Registered User
 
Alan Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,075
vCash: 500
Not a good start to the weekend as the P-Bruins lost 4-1 to Bridgeport.

Tommy Cross had 2 SOG. How did he look?

Alan Ryan is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 03:25 AM
  #367
Alan Ryan
Registered User
 
Alan Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,075
vCash: 500
From the Providence Journal:

Brown's Bobby Farnham was released by the Providence Bruins yesterday, and signed today with the Worcester Sharks.

Farnham was scoreless in three games with Providence.

Alan Ryan is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 06:05 AM
  #368
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
That's possible. That's why Tremblay left.
These kids who are intent on obtaining their degree in case pro hockey doesn`t work out really bug me, why do they think it`s called being a Student Athlete...oh, wait,.....

My bad

ODAAT is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 08:10 AM
  #369
roaddogg02316
Registered User
 
roaddogg02316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 859
vCash: 500
I see they have recalled Karel St. Laurent from Reading, they now carry 4 goalies in Providence with 2 games left. I don't understand this move?

roaddogg02316 is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 08:54 AM
  #370
Ratty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rive Gauche
Posts: 6,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddogg02316 View Post
I see they have recalled Karel St. Laurent from Reading, they now carry 4 goalies in Providence with 2 games left. I don't understand this move?
Four goalies in net = shutout. One D and one F to score the only goal we need= victory. Brilliant strategy!

Ratty is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 08:59 AM
  #371
C77
Registered User
 
C77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Junior's Farm
Country: United States
Posts: 13,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
These kids who are intent on obtaining their degree in case pro hockey doesn`t work out really bug me, why do they think it`s called being a Student Athlete...oh, wait,.....

My bad
I think it's great that they really want to get a degree.

C77 is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 09:17 AM
  #372
roaddogg02316
Registered User
 
roaddogg02316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
I think it's great that they really want to get a degree.
Yeah no sense in being clueless on what to do. You could get hurt at any moment and your career be done. Best to have something to fall back on.

roaddogg02316 is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 10:03 AM
  #373
5 minutes a Knight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 500
My quick thoughts on the game last night (*Warning* did not go to many this year so take comments with grain of salt)

In general Bridgeport had players that seemed to have more pro experience and ran more of a NHL type game, they threw out the Tampa type trap on numerous occasions and Providence's young players had a very hard time trying to break into offensive zone and at points couldn't cross into the neutral zone efficiently.

Also thought our skilled players were pushed off the puck with relative ease (Camper, Spooner etc) they need to get stronger

I think its time for those of us that follow Bruins prospects to start taking Kevan Miller seriously, he is very impressive and in my eyes easily showed the most development from start to finish.

Ridderwall and MacKinnon showed me again that they can play at this level, like to see both back next year

Cross had a tough start, didn't seem comfortable, a little out of position at times and took a penalty when he got burned, didn't play much in the third, but its only 1 game

Trotman looked good, skates well for a big man, played on the PP, moves the puck surprisingly well

Sauve looks like he got bigger(filled out), still fast but Bridgeport marked him out of the game

Warsofsky has NHL skill and I think he could run the PP but not sold on the rest of his game yet

5 minutes a Knight is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 10:05 AM
  #374
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 24,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Not a good start to the weekend as the P-Bruins lost 4-1 to Bridgeport.

Tommy Cross had 2 SOG. How did he look?

Shaky. It was his first pro game. very wide eyed. He was out on the ice with Whitfield so that was a good thing. He looked nervous and he got caught flat footed and he was scrambly. He stayed at the blueline for the most part. Looks so wierd to see im in just a visor.

He had a great shot in the third that was low and the goalie made the stop. The key there was that he kept it low. He will be most successful if he does this.

We won't be able to evaluate him until he plays next season when he's with the team from the start.

BPort is a dirty team and they were going high and tossing elbows all night so I do think that played a part in why his ice time was very small.

Warsofsky looked awesome last night and MacKinnon scored the only goal for the PB's. Refs wouldn't let them fight because I'm pretty sure MacDermid would have wailed on someone, Bods too.

Like Cunningham's game. Camper's too. Both are fearless along the boards and will crash the net.

Ryan Spooner was awesome too. Great vision and made some passes in traffic that ended up deflected. Definitely reminds me of Krejci lite. 2 way game and strength need major improvement. He won't be with Boston to start the year.

Glendenning and Trotman I thought were good. I can see why Kirk is very high on Trotman.

Button was invisible at least to me.

Sauve takes a beating. No wonder why he's injury prone. Big props to him tho. Bounced right back up.

Poor Hutch. I thought he played ok.

Definite changes are ahead

What I want to know is how Michael Haley got an A for Bridgeport? Gillies was scratched. Brock Nelson is someone to watch for. That whole team is the definition of a goon squad. Other than Poulin, da Han and Nelson they all look like career AHLers to me. I wasn't impressed.

Nice to meet SaxonEric last night. Also, he is spot on about Miller and Ridderwall.

__________________
The Butler did it. In the end zone. With a pick!

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
04-14-2012, 12:12 PM
  #375
GarbageGoal
AKA Section109
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 11,876
vCash: 500
Marcus Vinneborg (the ref) was absolutely clueless last night.

GarbageGoal is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.