Official 2012/2013 Providence Bruins Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2012, 06:08 AM
ODAAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
My bad. Too much NHL playoff race talk clouding my already feeble mind.
Welcome to the Club Bill

Spoons has put together a few nice games in Providence (going back to last year), good to hear, I won`t put a ton of stock in it, but it can`t ever be a bad thing getting a taste of pro hockey.

Looking forward to what the kid may do down the road, not sure he`s NHL ready, but I`m more than willing to wait a year or two for a kid and allow him to develop, especially one with the skillset this kid has, and I`ve read lots about him (most recently from OOG) in regards to his fantastic improvement on the Defensive side of things.

Coachable, work ethic, pretty exciting times

Old
04-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Malt
#wpri12steve

Providence @ Bridgeport tonight, will post occasional updates...

Whitfield's line starts, Hutch is in net.

AHL Live has a nice new look. Glad they got that in place just in time for the season to be done...

No score early. PBees have had the better of the play. Spooner is with MacKinnon and MacDonald. The line of Sauve-Camper-Cunningham are buzzing around early.

Hennessey drives by the Bridgeprt D and scores, Pbees up 1-0.

Whitfield scores, PBees up 2-0.

Still 2-0 early in the second. Trying to watch Spooner, but his line isn't doing much out there.

Not much doing in the second. PBees know they need to win--and they also need some teams in front of them to lose as well.

Bridgeport get one on a deflected shot that gets by Hutch. 2-1.

Camper gets the Bruins up 3-1 after taking a nice feed from Sauve. That line has looked good tonight.

Robins head to the penalty box after an interference call...

Robins vs. Riley late in the second. Even bout.

Whitfield gets his second and it's 4-1 Bruins.

Hutch gives up a softy late in the third. 4-2.

Big scrum near the end of the game...DiBenedetto is firing punches at Hutch! Hutch ends up defending himself well. Providence ends up with a 5 on 3 PP, and the game ends 4-2. Hutch with 39 saves. Hopefully someone gets DiB next time...

3rd H J. DiBenedetto 2.00 Instigating 18:50
3rd H J. DiBenedetto 5.00 Fighting 18:50
3rd H J. DiBenedetto 10.00 Game misconduct - Instigator (last 5:00) (46.11) 18:50
3rd H T. Romano 2.00 Goaltender interference 18:50

Last edited by Malt: 04-07-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old
04-09-2012, 11:58 AM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt View Post
Providence @ Bridgeport tonight, will post occasional updates...

Whitfield's line starts, Hutch is in net.

AHL Live has a nice new look. Glad they got that in place just in time for the season to be done...

No score early. PBees have had the better of the play. Spooner is with MacKinnon and MacDonald. The line of Sauve-Camper-Cunningham are buzzing around early.

Hennessey drives by the Bridgeprt D and scores, Pbees up 1-0.

Whitfield scores, PBees up 2-0.

Still 2-0 early in the second. Trying to watch Spooner, but his line isn't doing much out there.

Not much doing in the second. PBees know they need to win--and they also need some teams in front of them to lose as well.

Bridgeport get one on a deflected shot that gets by Hutch. 2-1.

Camper gets the Bruins up 3-1 after taking a nice feed from Sauve. That line has looked good tonight.

Robins head to the penalty box after an interference call...

Robins vs. Riley late in the second. Even bout.

Whitfield gets his second and it's 4-1 Bruins.

Hutch gives up a softy late in the third. 4-2.

Big scrum near the end of the game...DiBenedetto is firing punches at Hutch! Hutch ends up defending himself well. Providence ends up with a 5 on 3 PP, and the game ends 4-2. Hutch with 39 saves. Hopefully someone gets DiB next time...

3rd H J. DiBenedetto 2.00 Instigating 18:50
3rd H J. DiBenedetto 5.00 Fighting 18:50
3rd H J. DiBenedetto 10.00 Game misconduct - Instigator (last 5:00) (46.11) 18:50
3rd H T. Romano 2.00 Goaltender interference 18:50
I don't think I've hated a no-name prospect as much as I hate that Di-B. Since the 2010 rookie camp, that guy just keeps proving he's a P.O.S.

Old
04-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Mione134

^ I agree.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Spoked P

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
I don't think I've hated a no-name prospect as much as I hate that Di-B. Since the 2010 rookie camp, that guy just keeps proving he's a P.O.S.
Bridgeport is a big team. I think they like to throw their bodies around. especially since Providence doesn't have much size. He is a love-hate guy. Its great when he is on your team, and hate it when he isn't.

Old
04-10-2012, 04:27 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Justin Florek was released from his ATO. Anyone know why?

Old
04-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Mione134

Maybe to make room for Cross?

Old
04-10-2012, 06:32 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
Maybe to make room for Cross?
There's no limit to an AHL roster, so no.

Old
04-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Mione134

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
There's no limit to an AHL roster, so no.
Hmm.. I wonder why then. I thought he was producing good numbers.

Old
04-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Saxon Eric

Send a message via AIM to Saxon Eric
Quote:
Justin Florek was released from his ATO. Anyone know why?
School related?

Old
04-11-2012, 12:12 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon Eric View Post
School related?
That's possible. That's why Tremblay left.

Old
04-11-2012, 01:22 PM
nycbruins*

I guess his ATO was over so he's going to go back to school or whatever and not play in the final P-Bruins games.

He's still under Bruins control and his ELC will start next season, though. No need to worry for Florek fans.

Old
04-11-2012, 01:23 PM
JMiller

Curious about people's impressions of Craig Cunningham's first year in PRO. Never really took much notice of him as a prospect and haven't made it down for a game this year.

Old
04-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Spoked P

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Curious about people's impressions of Craig Cunningham's first year in PRO. Never really took much notice of him as a prospect and haven't made it down for a game this year.
I thought he was great. He played on a line with Camper and Hamill/Hennessy. Playing with skilled players probably elevated his game. He is an aggressive skater and good in the corners. He seemed to be in the right spot a lot of the time.

Old
04-12-2012, 06:16 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

So the PBruins are 4 points back of the 8th place team Portland with a game in hand going into the final weekend. They also have a game Sunday with the Pirates, which gives them a chance to directly hurt them. Manchester and Adirondack are also still ahead of the Bruins, so they will need a big weekend and a lot of help to get in.

Old
04-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Mione134

Quote:
So the PBruins are 4 points back of the 8th place team Portland with a game in hand going into the final weekend. They also have a game Sunday with the Pirates, which gives them a chance to directly hurt them. Manchester and Adirondack are also still ahead of the Bruins, so they will need a big weekend and a lot of help to get in.
So you're saying there's a chance?

Old
04-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Alan Ryan

Not a good start to the weekend as the P-Bruins lost 4-1 to Bridgeport.

Tommy Cross had 2 SOG. How did he look?

Old
04-14-2012, 03:25 AM
Alan Ryan

From the Providence Journal:

Brown's Bobby Farnham was released by the Providence Bruins yesterday, and signed today with the Worcester Sharks.

Farnham was scoreless in three games with Providence.

Old
04-14-2012, 06:05 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
That's possible. That's why Tremblay left.
These kids who are intent on obtaining their degree in case pro hockey doesn`t work out really bug me, why do they think it`s called being a Student Athlete...oh, wait,.....

My bad

Old
04-14-2012, 08:10 AM
roaddogg02316

I see they have recalled Karel St. Laurent from Reading, they now carry 4 goalies in Providence with 2 games left. I don't understand this move?

Old
04-14-2012, 08:54 AM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddogg02316 View Post
I see they have recalled Karel St. Laurent from Reading, they now carry 4 goalies in Providence with 2 games left. I don't understand this move?
Four goalies in net = shutout. One D and one F to score the only goal we need= victory. Brilliant strategy!

Old
04-14-2012, 08:59 AM
C77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
These kids who are intent on obtaining their degree in case pro hockey doesn`t work out really bug me, why do they think it`s called being a Student Athlete...oh, wait,.....

My bad
I think it's great that they really want to get a degree.

Old
04-14-2012, 09:17 AM
roaddogg02316

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
I think it's great that they really want to get a degree.
Yeah no sense in being clueless on what to do. You could get hurt at any moment and your career be done. Best to have something to fall back on.

Old
04-14-2012, 10:03 AM
Saxon Eric

Send a message via AIM to Saxon Eric
My quick thoughts on the game last night (*Warning* did not go to many this year so take comments with grain of salt)

In general Bridgeport had players that seemed to have more pro experience and ran more of a NHL type game, they threw out the Tampa type trap on numerous occasions and Providence's young players had a very hard time trying to break into offensive zone and at points couldn't cross into the neutral zone efficiently.

Also thought our skilled players were pushed off the puck with relative ease (Camper, Spooner etc) they need to get stronger

I think its time for those of us that follow Bruins prospects to start taking Kevan Miller seriously, he is very impressive and in my eyes easily showed the most development from start to finish.

Ridderwall and MacKinnon showed me again that they can play at this level, like to see both back next year

Cross had a tough start, didn't seem comfortable, a little out of position at times and took a penalty when he got burned, didn't play much in the third, but its only 1 game

Trotman looked good, skates well for a big man, played on the PP, moves the puck surprisingly well

Sauve looks like he got bigger(filled out), still fast but Bridgeport marked him out of the game

Warsofsky has NHL skill and I think he could run the PP but not sold on the rest of his game yet

Old
04-14-2012, 10:05 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Not a good start to the weekend as the P-Bruins lost 4-1 to Bridgeport.

Tommy Cross had 2 SOG. How did he look?

Shaky. It was his first pro game. very wide eyed. He was out on the ice with Whitfield so that was a good thing. He looked nervous and he got caught flat footed and he was scrambly. He stayed at the blueline for the most part. Looks so wierd to see im in just a visor.

He had a great shot in the third that was low and the goalie made the stop. The key there was that he kept it low. He will be most successful if he does this.

We won't be able to evaluate him until he plays next season when he's with the team from the start.

BPort is a dirty team and they were going high and tossing elbows all night so I do think that played a part in why his ice time was very small.

Warsofsky looked awesome last night and MacKinnon scored the only goal for the PB's. Refs wouldn't let them fight because I'm pretty sure MacDermid would have wailed on someone, Bods too.

Like Cunningham's game. Camper's too. Both are fearless along the boards and will crash the net.

Ryan Spooner was awesome too. Great vision and made some passes in traffic that ended up deflected. Definitely reminds me of Krejci lite. 2 way game and strength need major improvement. He won't be with Boston to start the year.

Glendenning and Trotman I thought were good. I can see why Kirk is very high on Trotman.

Button was invisible at least to me.

Sauve takes a beating. No wonder why he's injury prone. Big props to him tho. Bounced right back up.

Poor Hutch. I thought he played ok.

Definite changes are ahead

What I want to know is how Michael Haley got an A for Bridgeport? Gillies was scratched. Brock Nelson is someone to watch for. That whole team is the definition of a goon squad. Other than Poulin, da Han and Nelson they all look like career AHLers to me. I wasn't impressed.

Nice to meet SaxonEric last night. Also, he is spot on about Miller and Ridderwall.

I am Boston Strong

Closed Thread