Closed Thread

Old
08-22-2012, 11:10 AM
nycbruins*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
You want a tissue?

I think I did a pretty good job of explaining my side of it. If you disagree, that's fine, but don't act like I took your binky or ran over your dog.

And no, I don't own p-bruins stock.
Despite what fellow nerds might lead you to believe, you're not funny in the least. Could have seen it coming a mile away. But yes, you did explain your side of it pretty well, just with a sarcasm & an edge that I found aggressive. I guess I was over-sensitive about it. You also cherry-picked AHL players during the lockout while not mentioning the success of anyone who played in Europe. And you of course ignored Bill Ladd's response because that would mean admitting your argument only showed one side, when it's much easier to make stupid jokes that my 4 year-old would know are dumb.

Do you need a tissue because I spoke highly about european hockey during the lockout? Worked pretty well for Tim Thomas, I might add.

Don't bother responding. You are a waste of my time.

Old
08-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Malt
#wpri12steve

With an NHL lockout expected to begin on Sept. 15, a number of players who were aiming at a job in Boston are likely to report to Providence. We’ve speculated on forwards such as Seguin and Caron, but it’s worth taking a look at a Providence Bruins blue line that was already crowded to begin with.

If/when a lockout happens, Providence’s defensive group could look like this:

Matt Bartkowski
Ryan Button
Colby Cohen
Tommy Cross
Garnet Exelby
Aaron Johnson
Torey Krug
Keven Miller
Zach Trotman
David Warsofsky

While competition for spots in always a good thing, this year’s unique situation means a couple of prospects—perhaps Cross and Button—may have to be assigned to the ECHL to get playing time.

On the surface, you’d think the obvious thing to do is to assign underachieving Colby Cohen to the ECHL. But you have to remember, he’s a right-handed shot, of which there are only 3 by my count (Cohen, Trotman and Miller). I know Bartkowski has spent some time playing on his off-side while in Providence, but I’m not sure about the rest.

Thoughts? Who do you want to see on D opening night at the Dunk?

I'd go with

Krug-Trotman
Warsofsky-Miller
Exelby-Bartkowski
Johnson

Button, Cohen and Cross to beautiful South Carolina...

Last edited by Malt: 09-07-2012 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Added Exelby to list
Old
08-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Jeff077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt View Post
With an NHL lockout expected to begin on Sept. 15, a number of players who were aiming at a job in Boston are likely to report to Providence. We’ve speculated on forwards such as Seguin and Caron, but it’s worth taking a look at a Providence Bruins blue line that was already crowded to begin with.

Matt Bartkowski
Ryan Button
Colby Cohen
Tommy Cross
Aaron Johnson
Torey Krug
Keven Miller
Zach Trotman
David Warsofsky

While competition for spots in always a good thing, this year’s unique situation means a couple of prospects—perhaps Cross and Button—may have to be assigned to the ECHL to get playing time.

On the surface, you’d think the obvious thing to do is to assign underachieving Colby Cohen to the ECHL. But you have to remember, he’s a right-handed shot, of which there are only 3 by my count (Cohen, Trotman and Miller). I know Bartkowski has spent some time playing on his off-side while in Providence, but I’m not sure about the rest.

I'd go with

Krug-Trotman
Warsofsky-Miller
Exelby-Bartkowski
Johnson

I think the competition will be very good, however IMO I do not see how Johnson would be slated in as you #7 in Providence. He has a very good shot of being 6 or 7 in Boston, depending how the lock out plays out.

Old
08-28-2012, 01:46 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
Despite what fellow nerds might lead you to believe, you're not funny in the least. Could have seen it coming a mile away. But yes, you did explain your side of it pretty well, just with a sarcasm & an edge that I found aggressive. I guess I was over-sensitive about it. You also cherry-picked AHL players during the lockout while not mentioning the success of anyone who played in Europe. And you of course ignored Bill Ladd's response because that would mean admitting your argument only showed one side, when it's much easier to make stupid jokes that my 4 year-old would know are dumb.

Do you need a tissue because I spoke highly about european hockey during the lockout? Worked pretty well for Tim Thomas, I might add.

Don't bother responding. You are a waste of my time.

I just noticed this.

I was arguing for the AHL, so why on earth would I mention the success of players in Europe? Also, I didn't "cherry-pick" the AHL list, I tried to choose young talented players in the AHL that were of similar age and situation to Seguin.

I "ignored" Bill's response because I was talking to you, not Bill. Also still waiting for your rebuttal on the NA game and ice vs Euro style of play and larger ice...other than "cuz it's better", I mean.

I'm very upset that you found me aggressive and not funny (to non-nerds), and I may not sleep well tonight because of it.

ps Thomas had played in Finland in prior years and was not eligible for the AHL, even if he had wanted to stay home. Talk about cherry-picking...how did Europe work out for Raycroft?

Old
08-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Malt
#wpri12steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff077 View Post
I think the competition will be very good, however IMO I do not see how Johnson would be slated in as you #7 in Providence. He has a very good shot of being 6 or 7 in Boston, depending how the lock out plays out.
That's just it; it seems crazy to healthy scratch a guy with his experience but that's what I came up with. On the other hand, Johnson could be a guy who finds work in Europe while all this plays out while the younger players stay in Providence.

Old
08-28-2012, 04:33 PM
Jeff077

Quote:
That's just it; it seems crazy to healthy scratch a guy with his experience but that's what I came up with. On the other hand, Johnson could be a guy who finds work in Europe while all this plays out while the younger players stay in Providence.
You might be right, Johnson may look elsewhere to play. I am on the fence with Bartkowski now though. I have a hard time seeing him ever pushing into Boston's lineup now with the chances he has had. I wonder if there is any chance he gets bumped somehow for a Johnson or maybe a Cross.
Seems to be some good options for Providence this season regardless of if there is a lockout or not.

Old
08-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:

Perhaps Exelby would play in Europe also, unless the Bruins feel it is important to have an experienced guy to bolster the young group.

Old
08-28-2012, 09:28 PM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:

Matt Bartkowski
Ryan Button
Colby Cohen
Tommy Cross
Aaron Johnson
Torey Krug
Keven Miller
Zach Trotman
David Warsofsky

I'd go with

Krug-Trotman
Warsofsky-Miller
Exelby-Bartkowski
Johnson

I wonder if Johnson and Exelby are exempt? I know they signed two-way deals, but I think they'd still have to pass through waivers to be sent down which bring the NHL into things and since they're shut down... Wouldn't they have to sign directly with Providence to play there during the lockout?

Krug-Miller
Warsofsky-Trotman
Cross-Bartkowski
X: Button-Cohen

08-30-2012, 12:35 AM
ed bruin

I'm just saying that the AHL isn't the second best hockey league in the world, but I'm gonna leave it at that even with the impending lockout....

Old
08-30-2012, 07:17 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed bruin View Post
I'm just saying that the AHL isn't the second best hockey league in the world, but I'm gonna leave it at that even with the impending lockout....
Your point?

Is the Swiss Men's League the 2nd best league in the world? That's not stopping players like Nash and Thornton from going there. Different strokes for different folks.

Old
08-30-2012, 12:56 PM
ed bruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Your point?

Is the Swiss Men's League the 2nd best league in the world? That's not stopping players like Nash and Thornton from going there. Different strokes for different folks.
my point is that some players maybe Seguin could gain more by playing stiffer competition also a league like the KHL ,minus one team, there isn't a lot of cheap shots going on where our players would get injured from.

also I'm pretty sure there is no buyout clause in the SEL so I would rule out any Bruins player playing in Sweeden

Old
08-31-2012, 11:13 AM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed bruin View Post
my point is that some players maybe Seguin could gain more by playing stiffer competition also a league like the KHL ,minus one team, there isn't a lot of cheap shots going on where our players would get injured from.

also I'm pretty sure there is no buyout clause in the SEL so I would rule out any Bruins player playing in Sweeden
The KHL, Swiss league etc. competition is a little better than the AHL but it's not that wide of a margin. I think he'd be better playing the North American style game in a system that mimics Boston's.

Old
08-31-2012, 11:57 AM
ed bruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
The KHL, Swiss league etc. competition is a little better than the AHL but it's not that wide of a margin. I think he'd be better playing the North American style game in a system that mimics Boston's.

i agree with you, but the AHL is filled with goons looking for a name for themselves... With the lockout and influx of more NHL regulars playing down there may change that fact though.

I was just trying to defend nycbruins cuz I saw his point and it is true

Old
09-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Malt
#wpri12steve

Fearless, reckless sparkplug Bobby Robbins has been signed by the PBees...

Providence Bruins ‏@AHLBruins
The Providence Bruins announced today that the club has signed forward Bobby Robins to an AHL contract. Per club... http://fb.me/vFfTlMgg

Old
09-04-2012, 12:32 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:

The Providence Bruins announced today that the club has signed forward Bobby Robins to an AHL contract. Per club... http://fb.me/vFfTlMgg
Awesome. This guy really lit a fire under the team when he came on board last year.

Old
09-04-2012, 04:07 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Providence will play an exhibition game Oct 3rd or 5th (cant remember what he told me) against Springfield in Marlboro, Mass; then play the next night in Springfield

Old
09-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:

There will be serious competition for jobs in Providence this year.

Old
09-05-2012, 05:27 AM
ODAAT

Quote:

33 games, 155pims- safe to say the guy likes the rough stuff

Old
09-05-2012, 08:34 AM
gorskic

Send a message via AIM to gorskic Send a message via Yahoo to gorskic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Providence will play an exhibition game Oct 3rd or 5th (cant remember what he told me) against Springfield in Marlboro, Mass; then play the next night in Springfield
Actually the games are on the 3rd in Marlboro and Saturday night at 7 on the 6th in Springfield.

Old
09-08-2012, 10:46 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

http://www.providencebruins.com/View/PressReleases/962

resigned Kyle MacKinnon.

Old
09-14-2012, 10:59 AM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

The Wife and I are coming down to the oct 21st game vs worcester. Any cheap hotel suggestions (-$100) within 15-20 minutes of the Dunk? I've looked at the travel sites and know there are some but would prefer local input.

Old
09-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyMeister View Post
The Wife and I are coming down to the oct 21st game vs worcester. Any cheap hotel suggestions (-$100) within 15-20 minutes of the Dunk? I've looked at the travel sites and know there are some but would prefer local input.
Check hotels in Seekonk, MA or Warwick RI. Either location an easy drive to the Dunk.

Old
09-14-2012, 05:16 PM
bruinsfan46

Here we go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssault View Post
Bruins just announced their lockout Providence sendoffs - Seguin not included

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=641495

Old
09-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Fire Julien

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
The AHL is filled with goons trying to make a name for themselves, no way I'd send a valuable player there.

Old
09-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss The Ring View Post
The AHL is filled with goons trying to make a name for themselves, no way I'd send a valuable player there.
Like Patrice Bergeron?

Oh, right, forgot you hate Bergeron. Nevermind.

Closed Thread