Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Official 2012/2013 Providence Bruins Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Corp

vCash: 500
What do you guys think my chances are for trading in some flex tickets at the door tomorrow night? Is the home opener usually sold out or close to it?

Old
10-11-2012, 10:54 AM
roflstomper
I don't row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corp View Post
What do you guys think my chances are for trading in some flex tickets at the door tomorrow night? Is the home opener usually sold out or close to it?
I would expect all 100 level seats to be sold out already or very close to it. If you get there at a reasonable time though you should definitely be able to get 200 levels seats.

Old
10-11-2012, 01:20 PM
RaskMullet
You Like No ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corp View Post
Traded in my flex tickets 2 weeks ago, and all the lower level was sold out, and only 2 sections in the upper were open.I would defiantly call the ticket office and find out availability.

Old
10-11-2012, 01:46 PM
SpokedLightning
3rd Line Grinder

vCash: 167
Is there a reason that the P Bruins don't play any Saturday home games? (I thought maybe the Friars but the play somewhere else) Is that normal sfor them? It stinks that they have no back to back home games.

Old
10-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Corp

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbratmarchand View Post
Traded in my flex tickets 2 weeks ago, and all the lower level was sold out, and only 2 sections in the upper were open.I would defiantly call the ticket office and find out availability.
Thanks for the info. I'm going to head in to trade tickets for another game anyway so I'm not too worried if the home opener itself is sold out. I figured I'd bring an extra flex ticket and watch the game if there were open seats, but it's no big deal to me if there aren't.

Old
10-11-2012, 03:56 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Just checked, and still some decent 200-level seats available. 100 level seats are indeed sold out.

I am hoping that there is a ton of attention on Providence with the big club in lockout-mode. I expect Cassidy will feel the heat to perform this season, and he should. No excuses ... They are icing a pretty damn solid group this year. We are pretty "deep", so to speak, at all positions.

I've wanted Cassidy ousted for a couple years now. I think now that all of the pieces are in place to succeed, he is going to be under the gun more than ever. This group will either save his bacon or send him packing. I'd expect a mediocre record at Thanksgiving time gets him canned.

Old
10-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Saxon Eric

Send a message via AIM to Saxon Eric
From the Pro-Jo

The roster:

Goalies -- Mike Hutchinson, Niklas Svedberg

Defense -- Garnet Exelby, Matt Bartkowski, Torey Krug, David Warsofsky, Kevan Miller, Colby Cohen, Zach Trotman, Ryan Button

Forwards -- Chris Bourque, Carter Camper, Max Sauve, Trent Whitfield, Kyle MacKinnon, Jamie Tardif, Craig Cunningham, Justin Florek, Christian Hanson, Jordan Caron, Ryan Spooner, Lane MacDermid, Bobby Robins, Jared Knight

Warsfofsky (Hurt) and Cohen sit
Mackinnon and .... not sure of second, might be inclined to sit Florek and add some toughness with Robins, at least for the first night anyways

Old
10-11-2012, 05:13 PM
bigbadbruins7

i go to providence college and live off campus. about a week and a half ago i heard some providence bruins moved in next door. i didnt believe it cause i dont live in the nicest area of providence(all off campus college kids). hadn't seen one of them until today when me and my roommates are outside havin a beer and playing some washers when ryan spooner comes around the corner and says hello. real nice kid. pretty cool for someone who has followed the bruins prospects alot over the recent years

Old
10-11-2012, 05:21 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins7 View Post
i go to providence college and live off campus. about a week and a half ago i heard some providence bruins moved in next door. i didnt believe it cause i dont live in the nicest area of providence(all off campus college kids). hadn't seen one of them until today when me and my roommates are outside havin a beer and playing some washers when ryan spooner comes around the corner and says hello. real nice kid. pretty cool for someone who has followed the bruins prospects alot over the recent years
that's pretty cool. I think i read somewhere that Spooner was living with Knight and Krug... I'm sure it wasn't by accident that they moved into a neighborhood with a bunch of college kids. there probably looking for kids their age to hangout/party with.

if i were you I'd take advantage of it and invite them to a party or something, it would be cool to be friends with those guys, especially since all three have a great chance of playing for the Bruins soon

Old
10-11-2012, 05:47 PM
bigbadbruins7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
that's pretty cool. I think i read somewhere that Spooner was living with Knight and Krug... I'm sure it wasn't by accident that they moved into a neighborhood with a bunch of college kids. there probably looking for kids their age to hangout/party with.

if i were you I'd take advantage of it and invite them to a party or something, it would be cool to be friends with those guys, especially since all three have a great chance of playing for the Bruins soon
yeah i was pretty pumped. one of my roommates just told me that ryan button was actually in our house the other night. no idea if hes bull ****tin or not. yeah spooner was a good kid. ill try to befriend them. we invited him to one party but they are in bridgeport saturday night which sucks

Old
10-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins7 View Post
NM- that's the trio- Knight, Krug, Spooner.

Old
10-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Any way to find out the score durring the game anywhere its not on the website or anything??

Old
10-11-2012, 07:37 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
Any way to find out the score durring the game anywhere its not on the website or anything??
Dude, it's Thursday.

Old
10-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler SeQuin View Post
Dude, it's Thursday.
Ive been off today sorry my mistake thought it was saturday earlier

Old
10-11-2012, 11:30 PM
kman22

I got my tickets for the home opener Wednesday morning, 100 level. Must have got the last pair.

Old
10-12-2012, 08:10 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Five years after trading up to draft him he gets sent to the ECHL his first pro season, what a cluster **** of a draft.
Before you slit your wrists, have you seen him play? Could be VERY wrong about him, but I think he plays in the NHL. Will probably never be more than a 3rd pair, but he's big and relatively mobile, and supposedly a smart, high-character kid.

The PB's D-corp is extremely deep this year, so it's not the end of the world if the guy goes to the ECHL for a bit so that he gets a lot of ice time and can play in every situation.

After 4 years at St Lawrence, Rich Peverley spent a year plus in the ECHL, then 3 in the AHL before finally sticking in the bigs, and subsequently winning a Cup.

Maybe he should have quit that first year when he got sent to the ECHL?

Old
10-12-2012, 08:56 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
NM- that's the trio- Knight, Krug, Spooner.
also two puppies

Old
10-12-2012, 09:00 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
also two puppies
Are you talking about the maid...or the dogs.

Ba-doom-boom!

I will be here all week folks, don't forget to tip the waiter.

People who are going to the game, please provide details tonight for the less privileged from the Western part of the state

Old
10-12-2012, 10:11 AM
SpokedLightning
3rd Line Grinder

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Are you talking about the maid...or the dogs.

Ba-doom-boom!

I will be here all week folks, don't forget to tip the waiter.

People who are going to the game, please provide details tonight for the less privileged from the Western part of the state
I'm pretty sure you can listen to the game on Ahl live for free. I know you could last year.

Old
10-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Malt
#wpri12steve

Tonight's lines, per Projo's Mark Divver...IMHO, these lines make no sense and I hate that Cohen gets the start here over Trotman...hope Butch knows what he's doing.

Mike Hutchinson gets the start in goal

The scratches are Zach Trotman, Ryan Button, Kyle MacKinnon and Justin Florek.

Tonight's lines, left to right:

Caron-Camper-Bourque

Sauve-Spooner-Tardif

Cunningham-Hanson-Knight

MacDermid-Whitfield-Robins

Defense:

Exelby, Krug, Warsofsky, Miller, Bartkowski and Cohen

Old
10-12-2012, 01:38 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Before you slit your wrists, have you seen him play? Could be VERY wrong about him, but I think he plays in the NHL. Will probably never be more than a 3rd pair, but he's big and relatively mobile, and supposedly a smart, high-character kid.

The PB's D-corp is extremely deep this year, so it's not the end of the world if the guy goes to the ECHL for a bit so that he gets a lot of ice time and can play in every situation.

After 4 years at St Lawrence, Rich Peverley spent a year plus in the ECHL, then 3 in the AHL before finally sticking in the bigs, and subsequently winning a Cup.

Maybe he should have quit that first year when he got sent to the ECHL?
Rich Peverley was an undrafted free agent, Tommy Cross was a top 40 pick, I hope you understand the difference in how they're treated. Sending a 35th overall pick to the ECHL when he's 23 years old is a terrible sign. Cross has had five years since being drafted to be ready for pro hockey and he can't stick in the AHL? Hopefully he gets called back soon, the list of position players who spent a long amount of time in the ECHL and became impact NHLers is short, Peverley is one of them.

Last edited by bruinsfan46: 10-12-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old
10-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
He'll be back up with the PB's soon enough. Perhaps he's gotta work on a few things. Not all is lost here.
Well said.

I am Boston Strong

Old
10-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Five years after trading up to draft him he gets sent to the ECHL his first pro season, what a cluster **** of a draft.
tommy cross :snicker:

Old
10-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
tommy cross :snicker:
Where's your boy Zach playing these days

Old
10-12-2012, 01:58 PM