Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2012/2013 Providence Bruins Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2012, 03:46 PM
hb11xchamps

vCash: 500
Hershey fan here. How has Bourque looked this year? Noticed a slight drop in points. Also how has Hanson been?

On a side note Hershey may not be doing well but Hamil has been really good for us. Another great trade and the change of scenery has really helped.

Old
12-09-2012, 05:33 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegs View Post
id say its from playign through the injury last season with the london knights... ? would be my guess any ways....
no, slight hamstring tear unrelated to the high ankle sprain

Knight skated today- he obviously is bummed he's not playing but the Boston training staff are running this and they are going to proceed the way they think he will be best served.

He can still work out and does a bleep load of shooting drills- I bet he fires hundreds of shots everyday (he went out and got a net and built an in house area so he could shoot, shoot, shoot)

they want to make sure he doesn't aggravate it- they will oversea his recovery and I think they are going to proceed with caution and get him back after Xmas if the hammy is healed

He can hang with his buddy Seguin to keep him from being to bored

Old
12-09-2012, 08:15 PM
MioneRask134
Queen in the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb11xchamps View Post
Hershey fan here. How has Bourque looked this year? Noticed a slight drop in points. Also how has Hanson been?

On a side note Hershey may not be doing well but Hamil has been really good for us. Another great trade and the change of scenery has really helped.
Hamills problem is that he performs well in the AHL, but can't get over the hump to play professionally. That's the key here. We've seen flashes, but until he can prove it with the big club, he'll be in the minors for awhile.

I'm glad he's performing well since the trace and hope he can get it there. I miss his slothy face.
night

Old
12-11-2012, 08:46 PM
BruinsHockey

Has anyone on here ever won a end of the year jersey or know someone that did ?

(I am going to ask this to the 3 sites I talk P-Bruins I have a theory)

Old
12-14-2012, 04:31 PM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
Hamills problem is that he performs well in the AHL, but can't get over the hump to play professionally. That's the key here. We've seen flashes, but until he can prove it with the big club, he'll be in the minors for awhile.

I'm glad he's performing well since the trace and hope he can get it there. I miss his slothy face.
night
Well, the major issue was actually that Hamill didn't really perform well in the AHL, either. I actually found him more "impressive" in the NHL than in Providence.
But if he's finding a groove in the AHL, maybe it says something about his development moving forward.
Just don't see it, myself, however. A lot of people put up points in Hershey.

Old
12-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Kegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
Well, the major issue was actually that Hamill didn't really perform well in the AHL, either. I actually found him more "impressive" in the NHL than in Providence.
But if he's finding a groove in the AHL, maybe it says something about his development moving forward.
Just don't see it, myself, however. A lot of people put up points in Hershey.
I never saw him play in the ahl. But his few games in Boston I did watch. I liked his play. Very responsible. I thought he was pretty much NHL ready. Maybe that's why we got such a good minor league player for him.

Old
12-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Johnnyduke

Nice to see Cross is a +5 in six games. Only dman better than that is Trotman.

Old
12-15-2012, 12:32 AM
BronxBruin

Don't look now but the Baby B's are in 1st place in the division after having earned 13 of a possible 14 points during a 6-0-1 streak. They've really picked up their play after a slow start.

Old
12-15-2012, 07:50 AM
ODAAT

Seems like Cassidy has the boys on the same page. I have wondered out loud here for some time if perhaps HE was the problem but....it appears as though some better talent and time to really engrain the boys into a system is working?

Old
12-15-2012, 08:35 AM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Seems like Cassidy has the boys on the same page. I have wondered out loud here for some time if perhaps HE was the problem but....it appears as though some better talent and time to really engrain the boys into a system is working?
Last season and early on this year a lot of people here pointed to him as the problem and wanted him gone.

This season he has a healthy squad, Knight notwithstanding, solid goaltending, and has been able to get the best out of journeymen such as Jamie Tardif while developing future stars such as Ryan Spooner.

Kudos to Butch Cassidy. He doesn't get enough credit.

Old
12-15-2012, 09:21 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Never was a fan of the previous regime, but Cassidy seemed like a good fit...it was just a matter of time before these guys gelled. You also have to consider how they are starting to pick up traction in spite of more NHL talent in the ahl this year

Old
12-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Beantowns Best

Jordan Caron two fighting majors last night? I didnt watch the game, just looked at box score, can anybody fill me in on how this happend and how did he look dropping the gloves?

Old
12-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantowns Best View Post
Jordan Caron two fighting majors last night? I didnt watch the game, just looked at box score, can anybody fill me in on how this happend and how did he look dropping the gloves?
He only had one fight...either that or he got a fighting penalty as a result of a scrum, but only one real fight. (Unless I REALLY missed something! )

He handled himself well and won the fight, not decisively, but definitely got the edge. The fight came as a result of a net-front scrum and he was jumping in for a teammate and had a couple gloves in his face. He didn't back down and the gloves came off. He got an early few shots in and at one point was down to a knee (more a result of grappling and pushing) but fought his way back up. He took a shot or two and gave a few back.

I was surprised, couldn't recall him ever fighting, but like I said, he handled himself well.

Old
12-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
He only had one fight...either that or he got a fighting penalty as a result of a scrum, but only one real fight. (Unless I REALLY missed something! )

He handled himself well and won the fight, not decisively, but definitely got the edge. The fight came as a result of a net-front scrum and he was jumping in for a teammate and had a couple gloves in his face. He didn't back down and the gloves came off. He got an early few shots in and at one point was down to a knee (more a result of grappling and pushing) but fought his way back up. He took a shot or two and gave a few back.

I was surprised, couldn't recall him ever fighting, but like I said, he handled himself well.
Good that he showed some moxie. He's probably frsutrated because he isn't producing at the AHL level. Hope he picks it up.

Old
12-15-2012, 02:17 PM
Beantowns Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post

Thanks for the info Bri...good to hear he showed a little fire, he is good sized and hits a little bit, glad to hear he dropped the gloves..also glad to here PB's are winning as well, if Knight comes back healthy and lives up to the hype they could be a really solid team.

Old
12-15-2012, 02:51 PM
Zippy316

Albany is on a five game winning streak and Providence is 6-0-0-1 in their last seven. Should be a good one tonight.

Have you guys had any luck with feeds? Albany hasn't been getting them too often.

Old
12-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
Good that he showed some moxie. He's probably frsutrated because he isn't producing at the AHL level. Hope he picks it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantowns Best View Post
Thanks for the info Bri...good to hear he showed a little fire, he is good sized and hits a little bit, glad to hear he dropped the gloves..also glad to here PB's are winning as well, if Knight comes back healthy and lives up to the hype they could be a really solid team.
He had gotten roughed up a bit a few shifts early...checked dangerously into the boards and then crosschecked while on the ice- no calls. So, yeah, definitely good to see him show some fire.

Old
12-15-2012, 07:03 PM
Malt
#wpri12steve

Providence and Albany are tied up 1-1 midway thru the second. Trotman got the goal for Providence on a nice wrister. He's making the most of his ice time, for sure.

Ryan Button, on the other hand, is going to be back in the ECHL very soon, trust me.

Hutch is playing well but had no chance on the Devil's PP goal.

Still 1-1 late in the third...Bruins will be happy to take a point out of tonight's game---they've taken a lot of penalties and have played a sloppy game.

Trotman takes a high-sticking penalty with a handfl of seconds left in regulation (3 high-sticking penalties for the Bs tonight)

Game goes to OT.

Providence had ome great chanced in the OT but couldn't finish it....going to a shootout.

Sloppiest shootout ever...going to round 7....

Tardif
Sauve
Warsofsky
score

and Providence makes it 5 wins in a row!

Nice job by Hutch, best player for the Bs all night.

Last edited by Malt: 12-15-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old
12-16-2012, 11:24 AM
supersoaker

Sorry for that stupid question, but can u still purchase tickets an hour before the game starts at the box office at ddc? Thanks.

Old
12-16-2012, 11:40 AM
loozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt View Post
Providence and Albany are tied up 1-1 midway thru the second. Trotman got the goal for Providence on a nice wrister. He's making the most of his ice time, for sure.

Ryan Button, on the other hand, is going to be back in the ECHL very soon, trust me.

Hutch is playing well but had no chance on the Devil's PP goal.

Still 1-1 late in the third...Bruins will be happy to take a point out of tonight's game---they've taken a lot of penalties and have played a sloppy game.

Trotman takes a high-sticking penalty with a handfl of seconds left in regulation (3 high-sticking penalties for the Bs tonight)

Game goes to OT.

Providence had ome great chanced in the OT but couldn't finish it....going to a shootout.

Sloppiest shootout ever...going to round 7....

Tardif
Sauve
Warsofsky
score

and Providence makes it 5 wins in a row!

Nice job by Hutch, best player for the Bs all night.
Thanks for all the updates. For someone on the west coast who doesn't get to see the Baby B's it's nice to hear updates about hockey that's actually being played.

Old
12-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersoaker View Post
Sorry for that stupid question, but can u still purchase tickets an hour before the game starts at the box office at ddc? Thanks.
I haven't done that in a long time, but I'm pretty sure you can. I've only been twice this season, but neither time was the building at capacity.

Old
12-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Fire Julien

Caron has scored 1 goal in his 19 last games

Old
12-16-2012, 05:55 PM
RaskMullet
Pasta Time !

team was flat from the puck drop today. No legs at all.

Old
12-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Grasshopperking
Oh salad days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Caron has scored 1 goal in his 19 last games
So snakebitten. Took two penalties today and had two fights last night. Signs of frustration I would think.

When the hell is Knight coming back?

Old
12-17-2012, 12:20 AM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopperking View Post
So snakebitten. Took two penalties today and had two fights last night. Signs of frustration I would think.

When the hell is Knight coming back?
I don't see where he took penalties, but I only have "theahl" as a reference point, so I'm not sure how reliable my source is.

I'm much more concerned about his team-worst +/- and his lack of 5-on-5 production (2 goals in 25 games - 2 assists TOTAL) than I am about his PIMs. Again, I can't watch him play, but you'd think there would be SOME kind of metric that could be used as evidence of solid play IF his play was actually solid.

Don't mean to crap on the parade. If the PB's are hitting their stride, that's GREAT. A five-game winning streak isn't easy to put together and there are a few guys down there who are performing better than I thought they would. Kudos to them and I hope Cassidy has helped them turn a corner.

Closed Thread