Official 2012/2013 Providence Bruins Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2012, 05:56 PM
DaaaaB's

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
That's why you don't draft guys in the first round out of the AJHL. It's a Tier 2 league. Stay away.
Disagree completely. You take into consideration what league the prospect plays in but to rule out drafting a player because of that would not be a very wise move. What you said would mean, that along with no players from any of the Canadian tier 2 jr. A leagues, you would not draft any players from the US unless they played NCAA their draft year since the USHL and high school are inferior leagues as well. That would make for a lot of current NHL players who wouldn't have been on your radar during their draft years. Off the top of my head, go check what league Jamie Benn played in when drafted.

Old
03-15-2012, 06:47 AM
ODAAT

With higher end kids like Spooner/Knight potentially playing for the PB`s next season, anyone think Cass is still behind the bench, anyone get a sense what Bruin`s Mngt thinks of the job he`s doing down there??

Old
03-15-2012, 08:17 AM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
Disagree completely. You take into consideration what league the prospect plays in but to rule out drafting a player because of that would not be a very wise move. What you said would mean, that along with no players from any of the Canadian tier 2 jr. A leagues, you would not draft any players from the US unless they played NCAA their draft year since the USHL and high school are inferior leagues as well. That would make for a lot of current NHL players who wouldn't have been on your radar during their draft years. Off the top of my head, go check what league Jamie Benn played in when drafted.
I thought Benn played for Kelowna at the time he was drafted, could be wrong though.

Old
03-15-2012, 08:56 AM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf8188 View Post
I thought Benn played for Kelowna at the time he was drafted, could be wrong though.
No, he played for Victoria of the BCHL. Went to Kelowna the next year.

Old
03-15-2012, 12:48 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
With higher end kids like Spooner/Knight potentially playing for the PB`s next season, anyone think Cass is still behind the bench, anyone get a sense what Bruin`s Mngt thinks of the job he`s doing down there??
Not even a hint at what they think ... I haven't seen anywhere where management has even said a thing about it. Although I'm sure that if they did say anything, since Cassidy isn't even a year into his tenure, it would be positive. Hard to tell what they're really thinking though. Remember, Chiarelli canned Lewis, what, a week after he told the media his job was safe?? Smoke and mirrors.

One thing I will say though is that for the most part, the guys in Providence, when called up to Boston, have made the transition pretty smoothly and have fit right in. Whether that is more important to the Boston brass or putting a competitive team on the ice down there ... I don't know. What I do know is that guys seem to hit a wall in development there and the product on the ice is largely, well, crap ...

Old
03-15-2012, 01:49 PM
jetsjets1028

no1 has an update on khudobin? hopefully hes healthy soon pbruins need him badly

Old
03-15-2012, 06:27 PM
Malt
#wpri12steve

A late draft pick from 2008 is coming to Providence...

Providence Bruins‏@AHLBruinsReply
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

The P-Bruins have signed forward Nicolas Tremblay to an ATO. Tremblay, 23, is a 4-yr product of @ClarksonUniv. More: http://*******/y2O8MN

He had a good senior year...17-19-36 in 37 games played.

Old
03-15-2012, 08:54 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
No, he played for Victoria of the BCHL. Went to Kelowna the next year.
He was also drafted in the 5th round minimizing the risk.

Old
03-15-2012, 08:55 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt View Post
A late draft pick from 2008 is coming to Providence...

Providence Bruins‏@AHLBruinsReply
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

The P-Bruins have signed forward Nicolas Tremblay to an ATO. Tremblay, 23, is a 4-yr product of @ClarksonUniv. More: http://*******/y2O8MN

He had a good senior year...17-19-36 in 37 games played.
I really wish he was a great player. We share a last name so it wouldn't be a complete ********* move to get my own name on a jersey.

Old
03-16-2012, 07:12 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler SeQuin View Post
Not even a hint at what they think ... I haven't seen anywhere where management has even said a thing about it. Although I'm sure that if they did say anything, since Cassidy isn't even a year into his tenure, it would be positive. Hard to tell what they're really thinking though. Remember, Chiarelli canned Lewis, what, a week after he told the media his job was safe?? Smoke and mirrors.

One thing I will say though is that for the most part, the guys in Providence, when called up to Boston, have made the transition pretty smoothly and have fit right in. Whether that is more important to the Boston brass or putting a competitive team on the ice down there ... I don't know. What I do know is that guys seem to hit a wall in development there and the product on the ice is largely, well, crap ...
thx for the input, appreciate it, it leaves me a slight bit concerned.

This coming year could be potentially the best young talent in Providence in years, they HAVE to get it right on the coaching/development front IMO.

Old
03-16-2012, 09:12 AM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
I really wish he was a great player. We share a last name so it wouldn't be a complete ********* move to get my own name on a jersey.
I am amazed by myself, I remembered he had a lot of speed.

He was born where Steve Begin lives today, maybe they can train together over the summer.

We can't expect a whole lot from Tremblay but if he is a coach-able kid we have nothing to lose. I like these older prospects that put themselves through school. They are committed and have been getting a brain work out in school.

Old
03-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Ratty

Quote:
Well, you could probably visit the Habs sports shop for a J.C. Tremblay or Mario Tremblay sweater.

But then again, if you're adverse to wearing Habs paraphernalia, you could visit the Orioles Shop for a Dave Tremblay shirt. Probably 1/2 price now.

Old
03-16-2012, 09:37 AM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
He was also drafted in the 5th round minimizing the risk.
That's true but it doesn't change the fact that he was drafted from a tier 2 team and became a star in the NHL. If you want 1st rounders then I'll throw out the names Travis Zajac, Blake Wheeler, TJ Oshie and Ryan McDonagh. The guy picked right after Colborne was Jake Gardiner and he's looking really good as a rookie this year after being drafted out of high school. There's also been several players picked out of the USHL in the first round who've went on to have success in the NHL.

Old
03-16-2012, 10:02 AM
5 minutes a Knight

Quote:
thx for the input, appreciate it, it leaves me a slight bit concerned.

This coming year could be potentially the best young talent in Providence in years, they HAVE to get it right on the coaching/development front IMO.
A few of us say this every year...

But next year you could have
Tommy Cross
Nicolas Tremblay
Justin Florek
Jared Knight
Ryan Spooner

Maybe even
Lars Volden
Alexander Fallstrom
Zach Trotman
Does Maxim Chudinov come over?
Does Brian Ferlin get an early start on a pro career?
Soderberg

Along with
Sauve,Cunningham,Arniel,Hutchinson,Camper, MacDermid, Miller,Warsofsky, Button and there's a few others that I like over the one's mentioned.
A few have shown there's not much to get excited about, one's injury prone, a few were Prospect camp commandos and have shown nothing in the pro's but a couple of others(not including Knight/Spooner) should hit, so yes, they need to get it right this offseason

Old
03-16-2012, 12:22 PM
jetsjets1028

hmm interesting i guess this means khudobin is out another week

Old
03-16-2012, 06:02 PM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon Eric View Post
A few of us say this every year...

But next year you could have
Tommy Cross
Nicolas Tremblay
Justin Florek
Jared Knight
Ryan Spooner

Maybe even
Lars Volden
Alexander Fallstrom
Zach Trotman
Does Maxim Chudinov come over?
Does Brian Ferlin get an early start on a pro career?
Soderberg

Along with
Sauve,Cunningham,Arniel,Hutchinson,Camper, MacDermid, Miller,Warsofsky, Button and there's a few others that I like over the one's mentioned.
A few have shown there's not much to get excited about, one's injury prone, a few were Prospect camp commandos and have shown nothing in the pro's but a couple of others(not including Knight/Spooner) should hit, so yes, they need to get it right this offseason
I'm not sure that any of Trembley, Florek or Fallstrom will contribute much at the AHL level. Hopefully, at least one of them surprises me.

Trotman will likely go back for his senior year.

Volden should stay in Europe for another year or two.

Ferlin needs at least one more year of college hockey.

I'd love to see Chudinov come over but I have my doubts that it will happen.

Having an AHL team full of prospects quite often doesn't translate to success. The teams loaded with Vets are usually the best in the league.

Old
03-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Alan Ryan

Providence leading Worcester 1-0 in the first period. Hennessy has the goal.

Nicholas Tremblay is in the line-up. Let us know how he looks.

Old
03-16-2012, 09:49 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Bruins losing 4-2 late in the game.

Old
03-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Ratty

Baby B's drop a 5-2 game to the Sharks. Hennessey and Whitfield the goals. Hutch stopped 28 of 32 in the nets for Providence.

Old
03-17-2012, 02:49 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Well, you could probably visit the Habs sports shop for a J.C. Tremblay or Mario Tremblay sweater.

But then again, if you're adverse to wearing Habs paraphernalia, you could visit the Orioles Shop for a Dave Tremblay shirt. Probably 1/2 price now.
That's the problem with having a truly french last name. Only Hab greats have shared my last name. I actually would never get a jersey with my last name on it unless my kid was in the NHL.

Old
03-18-2012, 09:16 AM
jetsjets1028

Heading to The Dunk today for my yealry spring break sunday visit time turn my dunk streak around and make it like a mass mutual center game pbruins win
its playoff push time bruins need the W... falcons had play yesterday at biggest rivals before traveling here 2 hrs 3rd game 3 days pbruins had yesterday off.. gotta win this game!!

Old
03-18-2012, 09:31 AM
ODAAT

Could anyone here with a bit of time fill me in on whom, if anyone has surprised you this season with improved play, who hasn`t, what is the issue if any in Providence etc....with all due respect to the Web designers for the PB`s, the site offers a fan who isn`t able to watch any games nothing in the way of a solid report on the prospects

Old
03-18-2012, 09:30 PM
jetsjets1028

WHAT A GAME AND WIN in virtually a must win game for pbruins.. i finally get see dunk win like i have so many mass mutual center wins.. guess should always see pbruins face springfield.. but needed to win to avoid falling 7 points out 13 left did it with ease!!! gave me 5-0 record this year (4 wins vs falcons)..

Hutchinson amazing game.. compelte opposite of last year at dunk vs bridgeport and that save on wrap around was ridiculous then made another great save secs later.. then pbruins score make it 5-1 when couldve been 4-2 and falcons having all momentum... deff deserved #1 star despite 5 goals for pbruins!

Whitfield awesome 1st great pass for 2nd goal.. and awesome breakway sh goal for 3rd goal which has been prob for pbruins in past when up 2-0 is getting the 3rd
nice to see good nights from mackinnon.. and macdonald got 2!!

Anyways awesome day at The Dunk!!! HUGE WIN for pbruins!

Old
03-19-2012, 12:09 AM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Could anyone here with a bit of time fill me in on whom, if anyone has surprised you this season with improved play, who hasn`t, what is the issue if any in Providence etc....with all due respect to the Web designers for the PB`s, the site offers a fan who isn`t able to watch any games nothing in the way of a solid report on the prospects
An AHL team website is the last place I'd go to get any honest evaluation of a team or their prospects.

I'll withhold the bulk of my comments until the season ends.

Old
03-19-2012, 07:26 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
An AHL team website is the last place I'd go to get any honest evaluation of a team or their prospects.

I'll withhold the bulk of my comments until the season ends.
It`s not even about the "honest" evaluations, it`s simple coverage I was/have been looking for. Is there a local paper in Providence that covers the team at all that maybe I could bookmark to check out from time to time??

Thanks

Closed Thread