HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Here we follow the hunt for a playoff spot

Old
02-20-2012, 12:58 PM
the_fan

vCash: 500
Im actually not very concerned the Avs not making the playoffs this year. Im concerned about next year. Past few years the Avs management has made some bad decisions, and im worried that they are going to make some more wrong decisions and ice the same team with the same coach next year.

They might make couple of small changes here and there, bring in more useless players like Kobasew, Hejda etc...And the more disturbing thought of it all is that Sacco is gonna get a new contract and coach this team for few more years.

Last edited by the_fan: 02-20-2012 at 01:05 PM.
the_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Pirate Deadpool
Sacco must go

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
Im actually not very concerned the Avs not making the playoffs this year. Im concerned about next year. Past few years the Avs management has made some bad decisions, and im worried that they are going to make some more wrong decisions and ice the same team with the same coach next year.

They might make couple of small changes here and there, bring in more useless players like Kobasew, Hejda etc...And the more disturbing thought of it all is that Sacco is gonna get a new contract and coach this team for few more years.
If the avs re-sign sacco and bring in more bottom feeding scrubs (I still can't believe hejda got over 3 mil and 3 years) then I won't be able watch this team play every night. I'd lose my sanity.

Pirate Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:37 PM
finds71

I saw in this thread roumors between the avs and columbus. I think that Stastny value is higher than Carter... stats wise, Statsny had hit 70 + points and is an elite playmaker. Give him a Nash and he will be a ppg. The avs should consider trading him for what I think has the most value right now.. Columbus 1st round pick. Getting a Yakupov or a Grigorenko in your system is priceless. Those two prospect could very well be better than Stastny...
What do you guys think? Columbus has never been very successfull with their picks.. could they consider trading their 1st ?

finds71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Pirate Deadpool
Sacco must go

Quote:
Originally Posted by finds71 View Post
I saw in this thread roumors between the avs and columbus. I think that Stastny value is higher than Carter... stats wise, Statsny had hit 70 + points and is an elite playmaker. Give him a Nash and he will be a ppg. The avs should consider trading him for what I think has the most value right now.. Columbus 1st round pick. Getting a Yakupov or a Grigorenko in your system is priceless. Those two prospect could very well be better than Stastny...
What do you guys think? Columbus has never been very successfull with their picks.. could they consider trading their 1st ?
Avs need stastny to meet the cap floor requirement. If he's traded, there needs to be an equal return in salary coming back. Yeah it would be nice to have the #1 pick in this draft, but it's not doable if its just stastny for a pick.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by finds71 View Post
Not at all. They are wanting to move to a younger generation of players and Yakupov/Grigorenko would be a great asset to have with losing Voracek and Couturier (as a traded pick). Brassard isn't so hot.

They are kinda lacking.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by The U View Post
Avs need stastny to meet the cap floor requirement. If he's traded, there needs to be an equal return in salary coming back. Yeah it would be nice to have the #1 pick in this draft, but it's not doable if its just stastny for a pick.
The avs could trade Stastny and take on minimal salary back for the rest of the year. They just need to sign some players in the offseason to be over the floor for next season.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:42 AM
Foppa2118

I like how there's trade talk in every thread on here, haha.

Anyway, back on topic, the 7th and 8th team have another 3 point game (LA and PHX) and the other team ahead of us (Dallas) wins in Montreal for the first time in 10 years.

Avs really have their work ahead of them. They NEED to beat LA who just played in PHX today and have to travel to Colorado now for the back to back, while the Avs have been resting for a few days. New energy player. Playing a tired team in the 8th spot. No excuse.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Jaymond Flurrie

Updated.

Jaymond Flurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 10:53 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
I'm actually pleasantly surprised that we're still only 4 points back with the games in hand now caught up. There's still a chance but they have to go on a little run here for sure.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Jaymond Flurrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I'm actually pleasantly surprised that we're still only 4 points back with the games in hand now caught up. There's still a chance but they have to go on a little run here for sure.
Me too. But tonight's game is huge.

Old
02-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymond Flurrie View Post
Me too. But tonight's game is huge.
Agreed. But I like the fact that after these three games, it should be quite clear what we're going to do. If the deadline was today at 3:00pm, while our chances to make it are not great, it's still not impossible and it wouldn't be as clear as it will be on Monday...one way or another.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:04 PM
the_fan

Win 5 in a row starting tonight vs Kings, then the Avs can afford to lose 2 in a row before they go on another win streak of 4 in a row, if they can do this they can make the playoffs.

Win 5
Lose 2
Win 4
Lose 1
Win 3
Lose 1
Win 3
Lose 1
Win 2

^^This will get the Avs into playoffs.

Old
02-22-2012, 02:02 PM
El_Loco_Avs

Quote:
Win 5 in a row starting tonight vs Kings, then the Avs can afford to lose 2 in a row before they go on another win streak of 4 in a row, if they can do this they can make the playoffs.

Win 5
Lose 2
Win 4
Lose 1
Win 3
Lose 1
Win 3
Lose 1
Win 2

Make it so!

El_Loco_Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Jaymond Flurrie

Quote:

Win 5
Lose 2
Win 4
Lose 1
Win 3
Lose 1
Win 3
Lose 1
Win 2

How much would you be ready to bet for Avs win in Detroit on Saturday?

Still, it says something about this game when I'd way rather lose in Detroit on Saturday and win this one than vice versa.

Old
02-22-2012, 02:21 PM
the_fan

Quote:
How much would you be ready to bet for Avs win in Detroit on Saturday?

Still, it says something about this game when I'd way rather lose in Detroit on Saturday and win this one than vice versa.
It's the 2nd of the back to back games vs the Wings, so my money would be on Detroit to win.

If it wasn't back to back Avs would have a chance, Wings being without Datsyuk and all.

Old
02-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Jaymond Flurrie

Quote:
It's the 2nd of the back to back games vs the Wings, so my money would be on Detroit to win.

If it wasn't back to back Avs would have a chance, Wings being without Datsyuk and all.
Well, to be honest, we know that Red Wings won't keep winning forever at home and on each game the odds for their loss increases. If I get good enough ratio for Avs win (say, I'll bet 2 USD and you pay me 200 if Avs wins), I would for sure bet.

Old
02-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Foppa Frossa

I can probably lock this thread if we lose tonight

Foppa Frossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 03:22 AM
Jaymond Flurrie

Updated. For tonight, you want Carolina and Florida to win in regulation and depending on your opinion about whether Avs can catch Chicago and Phoenix, either them or Dallas and Calgary to win in regulation. As long as those two doesn't go into overtime, I'd be ok with that.

Thu 2/23 7:00 PM ET ANA@CAR
Thu 2/23 7:30 PM ET MIN@FLA
Thu 2/23 8:30 PM ET DAL@CHI (4-point game)
Thu 2/23 9:00 PM ET PHO@CGY (4-point game)

Old
02-23-2012, 03:52 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Updated. For tonight, you want Carolina and Florida to win in regulation and depending on your opinion about whether Avs can catch Chicago and Phoenix, either them or Dallas and Calgary to win in regulation. As long as those two doesn't go into overtime, I'd be ok with that.

The Avs aren't catching Phoenix, and they're definitely not catching Chicago unless they fall apart again and go on another lengthy losing streak.

Calgary and Dallas losing in regulation tomorrow will go a long way towards the Avs putting themselves in a position to make the playoffs.

Then they'll just need to have one more win than all of those teams the rest of the way. That would beat out Calgary and Dallas, and tie LA, which they likely would have the tie breaker since they currently have three more wins in the same amount of games.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Razor29
52-22-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by en_snabb_svensk View Post
I can probably lock this thread if we lose tonight
One could argue and make a strong case for locking this thread if Carter goes to LA.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 05:18 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
Not at all. They are wanting to move to a younger generation of players and Yakupov/Grigorenko would be a great asset to have with losing Voracek and Couturier (as a traded pick). Brassard isn't so hot.

They are kinda lacking.
Russians and Columbus dont mix like 2 dicks.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 05:58 PM
bleedteal12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Sakic View Post
One could argue and make a strong case for locking this thread if Carter goes to LA.
As long as Sutter's coaching that team, you could put Malkin there and they'd score maybe one more goal per game.

bleedteal12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Pirate Deadpool
Sacco must go

The kings have to be the biggest underachievers this season.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Jaymond Flurrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The U View Post
The kings have to be the biggest underachievers this season.
Sabres are not doing very well either. Neither is Capitals. Or Ducks.

Old
02-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Jaymond Flurrie

Quote:

Couldn't have gone much worse.