HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

The Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV/Books/Movies/Music) Part III

Closed Thread

Old
05-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
Tyrion better not be dead! - That was one of his own men, guessing a Cersei assassin?

Great episode though.

Old
05-27-2012, 11:21 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I forgot that was out, I'll have to see it.
Definitely worth seeing. I'm not sure what movies cost in CT but I went to the Garden State Plaza and it was north of $6000. Still worth it.

Old
05-27-2012, 11:36 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
Tyrion better not be dead! - That was one of his own men, guessing a Cersei assassin?

Great episode though.
They only showed him for a second but I thought it looked like

Spoil:
Meryn Trant (sp?) who fought against Syrio Forel with the wooden sword, and then later smacked the **** out of Sansa for Joffrey. At the very least, it seemed to be one of the Kingsguard due to the armor he was wearing.

Overall, what an amazing episode. Fantastic build up through the first 15 minutes, amazing GREEN scene, Bronn is awesome as always, Stannis was a boss, and the ending was truly epic (and I hate that word).

Old
05-28-2012, 04:50 AM
MountainGoat
Re-sign Jagr

the best episode of the season but
Spoil:
why didn't Stannis use that shadow creature thing in battle? I was waiting all episode for that thing to show up and kill everyone

Old
05-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Tedenby21
Boo's Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post
Spoil:
why didn't Stannis use that shadow creature thing in battle? I was waiting all episode for that thing to show up and kill everyone
Spoil:

1. he didn't in the book
2. in the previous episode you saw how he sent Melisandre back to Dragonstone
3. he did it so that people wouldn't claim that she won the battle and that he won it

Old
05-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
That was definitely a good episode. I was surprised they didn't jump around locations as they normally do, the action was all at King's Landing.

Old
05-29-2012, 03:37 AM
MadDevil

Quote:
That was definitely a good episode. I was surprised they didn't jump around locations as they normally do, the action was all at King's Landing.
They would have had to split the battle up if they jumped around, so I'm glad they did it that way. We've been waiting for a big battle for a while. I think they did a really good job with the wild fire and the battle itself, considering they're probably not operating on a huge budget.

I can't believe there's only have one episode left this season.

Old
05-29-2012, 09:04 AM
FirmestPiano

Prometheus on Thursday. Going to be glorious, I hope.

On the subject of GoT. Thought the episode was great but with some dodgy scenes, especially during the siege at the wall.

Spoil:
For example when Tyrion came out from the tunnels he kicked Stannis's men's ass in like what, 5 seconds? Even though you'd see before that there were a whole lot more of Stannis's men outside the gate compared to the forces of Tyrion. After that, why the **** did the rest of Stannis's men come out of nowhere? Did they just disappear after going ashore? Just seemed a bit odd.

Old
05-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Richer's Ghost
GO SJ & CBJ

vCash: 38
Ok so after not really having any interest in it, I got bored enough to sit down last night and watch my first ever episode of GoT. HBO on demand, started at ep1. I forget who it was that said they gave it a shot last week and at ep4 they were hooked. I made it halfway through the 2nd episode and was snagged. I did not anticipate how rich the visuals would be along with some really strong dialogue. Exceeded expectations 100%.

Stayed up to 2am watching the first 4 episodes. Love it. Perfect time to finally get on board too - with days off between game 1 and 2 I will need a distraction.

We're all a bunch of sausage sticks walking around. None of us really wants to see how we were made.
Old
05-29-2012, 09:53 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmestPiano View Post
Prometheus on Thursday. Going to be glorious, I hope.

On the subject of GoT. Thought the episode was great but with some dodgy scenes, especially during the siege at the wall.

Spoil:
For example when Tyrion came out from the tunnels he kicked Stannis's men's ass in like what, 5 seconds? Even though you'd see before that there were a whole lot more of Stannis's men outside the gate compared to the forces of Tyrion. After that, why the **** did the rest of Stannis's men come out of nowhere? Did they just disappear after going ashore? Just seemed a bit odd.
Spoil:
Well, he did flank them and take them by surprise. Once the battering ram was taken care of, it was a quick rout. As for where the rest of those guys came from, I have no idea, but it's not implausible that they landed further down the shore. I found it unrealistic that Stannis would be the first to scale the wall, and pretty much by himself at that, and yet live.

Old
05-29-2012, 10:03 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Ok so after not really having any interest in it, I got bored enough to sit down last night and watch my first ever episode of GoT. HBO on demand, started at ep1. I forget who it was that said they gave it a shot last week and at ep4 they were hooked. I made it halfway through the 2nd episode and was snagged. I did not anticipate how rich the visuals would be along with some really strong dialogue. Exceeded expectations 100%.

Stayed up to 2am watching the first 4 episodes. Love it. Perfect time to finally get on board too - with days off between game 1 and 2 I will need a distraction.
Can`t believe you of all people didn`t jump on this after what HBO did (a great job) with Boardwalk Empire? I`m very surprised sir.

Happy to see you find the right path though. haha

Old
05-29-2012, 10:42 AM
FirmestPiano

Quote:
Spoil:
Well, he did flank them and take them by surprise. Once the battering ram was taken care of, it was a quick rout. As for where the rest of those guys came from, I have no idea, but it's not implausible that they landed further down the shore. I found it unrealistic that Stannis would be the first to scale the wall, and pretty much by himself at that, and yet live.
Spoil:
Still, their numbers were far greater than those of Tyrion, so to me it just seemed a bit unrealistic for Tyrion and his men to slaughter them in such fashion. There are probably many reasons as for why they directed it liked that but it didn't seem right to me. As for Stannis, I agree, how the hell didn't he at least get shot by an arrow or hit by a stone, lol?

Loved the Wildfire scene and everything else though.

I guess I just expected more and was left a bit disappointed. Since they're restricted with how much they can do with their budget though, I guess you can't fault them.

Old
05-29-2012, 10:47 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Spoil:
So, Tyrion is going to have a pretty bad ass scar now eh?

Old
05-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Richer's Ghost
GO SJ & CBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Can`t believe you of all people didn`t jump on this after what HBO did (a great job) with Boardwalk Empire? I`m very surprised sir.

Happy to see you find the right path though. haha
Meh - it's the whole LOTR type setting. I was one of the few people I knew that wasn't jacked up for those movies either. I got over my Dungeons & Dragons phase a long time ago and never looked back.

Warcraft game never appealed to me either.

Old
05-29-2012, 01:25 PM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
So G.I.Joe 2 must`ve sucked because it got pushed to 2013 (conversion to 3D my shiny metal ass).

This, however, might be good.
Thought the exact same thing about GI Joe 2. 9 months to convert it? They make that deduction a month before its release and a few days before the toy line releases. This movie will be an utter failure because of all the lost money in that stated above and advertising for a movie that's not coming out for a year I heard some very bad reviews from people that partook in early screenings. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Lol. Very very dissapointed.

Old
05-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Ripshot 43

Quote:

Get back to us after you are forced (by yourself) to marathon episodes 6-10. Best stretch of the series bar none for me and definitely spoiled me in wanting that type of action and story progression for season 2.

Old
05-29-2012, 01:31 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

GoT got me pregnant

Old
05-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Richer's Ghost
GO SJ & CBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshot 43 View Post
Get back to us after you are forced (by yourself) to marathon episodes 6-10. Best stretch of the series bar none for me and definitely spoiled me in wanting that type of action and story progression for season 2.
I can safely say I will be up to Episode 10 by Saturday. Tonight 2 episodes and 2 more on Thursday and Friday with no hockey.

It's gonna suck when I get caught up though. I've been there before with the West Wing. I discovered it on Bravo years ago and watched like 5 seasons worth in 3 weeks.

Old
05-29-2012, 04:36 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

I just read that in Season 3 of GoT, there are characters coming whose role in Book 2 has not been included in S2.

That is in addition to Book 3 new characters, of course.

Old
05-29-2012, 04:38 PM
BruceWayne*
Risen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post
Spoil:
Shadow Dementor is a one time thing.

And it looks like Tyrion gets to keep his nose. Darn.

Old
05-29-2012, 05:25 PM
Ripshot 43

I get Goon in the mail tomorrow through Netflix and then I believe there's some other type of hockey viewing in tv that night as well.....

Old
05-29-2012, 05:55 PM
MadDevil

Quote:
It's gonna suck when I get caught up though. I've been there before with the West Wing. I discovered it on Bravo years ago and watched like 5 seasons worth in 3 weeks.
I did the same thing with Deadwood. A friend of mine recommended the series to me, and after watching the first couple episodes I just couldn't stop. And then I got the end and was pissed off they cancelled the show after only three seasons.

Old
05-30-2012, 07:40 AM
Ripshot 43

So Christian Bale has said in an interview that if Nolan approaches him with a good script for a 4th Batman, he would be in.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:49 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshot 43 View Post
So Christian Bale has said in an interview that if Nolan approaches him with a good script for a 4th Batman, he would be in.
Related to a rumor...

Spoil:
Well then I guess we can just assume that Batman doesn't die in The Dark Knight Rises?

Old
05-31-2012, 12:29 PM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Related to a rumor...

Spoil:
Well then I guess we can just assume that Batman doesn't die in The Dark Knight Rises?
Spoil:

Yep, that absolutely kills the chance of that.

Closed Thread