HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Botta on Chris Kreider (All Kreider discussion)

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
I watched this past BC-Vermont game, and you;re exactly right.

He looked uninterested.
Most players enjoy hockey, at any level, and play with a certain level of enthusiasm.

03-05-2012, 11:49 AM
Pizza

Kreider has not even signed yet, and Rangers fans are already trying to figure which parts of his game they will chap on, LOL.

Old
03-05-2012, 12:05 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Yeah, I can't wait until CK comes here. I wouldn't waste his 1st year of the ELC on the playoffs, but I still think going back to college instead of the AHL was the wrong thing from a hockey perspective. Some players, like Hags, floruish in that situation but I think CK really couldve used the AHL.

Old
03-05-2012, 12:21 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Kreider has not even signed yet, and Rangers fans are already trying to figure which parts of his game they will chap on, LOL.
I am actually much more worried about unrealistic expectations.

Old
03-05-2012, 12:30 PM
CH2

This year it looks like Kreider is playing a personal game with his teammates. There's been a few times where he doesn't touch the puck on a shift because his linemates take the easy route and make short ineffective passes rather than trying to stretch the ice using Chris's speed.

Playing with Pat Mullane hasn't helped either because Mullane tends to hold the puck and wait for numbers rather than getting the transition game going.

Old
03-06-2012, 06:27 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

If the Rangers feel Kreider is ready to handle the NHL,they should play him this season. Using up the first year of the ELC means Kreider will become arbitration eligible faster. Its not that big of a deal. If the kid is a player,then play him. Group III is 7 years pro or 27 years old. Its the same thing if the Rangers play him this season or don't play him. If that changes in the next CBA,group III will take longer to achieve. Probably remains status quo. Just do something about the ridiculous 2nd contracts.

$900,000 is the 2009 MAX. Tim Erixon got the MAX plus $850,000 in bonuses

11-12 $900,000 No bonuses
12-13 $900,000 $850,000 in performance bonuses
13-14 $900,000 $850,000 in performance bonuses

10% of the $900,000 can be a signing bonus. $270,000 SB

$1,466,667 cap hit

3 years/$4,400,000

Arbitration eligible after 13-14. 21 year olds signing their ELC need 3 years experience to be arb eligible.

Old
03-06-2012, 06:37 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Richards was great with Neal and then Benn. Straight line wingers. Kreider already has good chemistry with Stepan. They played on the PP together at the WJC. Were teammates at the Rangers prospects camp in 2009. Were teammates at the US WJC camp in 2009. Played on the same team for the US at the World Championships last spring. Kreider won't have a hard time getting the puck playing with either Richards or Stepan.

Old
03-06-2012, 09:33 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

I said it from day one, and I'm sticking to it. Kreider reminds me of a bigger, slightly more physical Tony Amonte. They play the same kind of game.

Anyone expecting a power forward with speed is going to be disappointed.

Old
03-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
I said it from day one, and I'm sticking to it. Kreider reminds me of a bigger, slightly more physical Tony Amonte. They play the same kind of game.

Anyone expecting a power forward with speed is going to be disappointed.
Well, I can't imagine anyone being disappointed by a Tony Amonte.

Until we trade him, that is.

Old
03-06-2012, 09:44 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post

Yeah seriously... I hate to go slightly OT here, but we smoked the devils and went 6-0 aJgainst them in the regular season. We would have beaten them in no more than 5 with Amonte and Gartner.

Old
03-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:

If Kreider wasn't traded at the deadline for Nash, I really don't think he is going anywhere.

Old
03-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Yeah seriously... I hate to go slightly OT here, but we smoked the devils and went 6-0 aJgainst them in the regular season. We would have beaten them in no more than 5 with Amonte and Gartner.
Just one quick question. I understood why the Amonte for Noonan and Matteau trade was made. But what was the rationale for the Glen Anderson for Gartner trade? Anyone?

Old
03-06-2012, 11:00 AM
83lastUsee
CmotherfnK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Aces View Post
Just one quick question. I understood why the Amonte for Noonan and Matteau trade was made. But what was the rationale for the Glen Anderson for Gartner trade? Anyone?
2 words: MARK MESSIER

Old
03-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Aces View Post
Anderson had won multiple Cups, he scored big goals, he was fast and he was nasty to play against.

Old
03-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Dorado*

If the NYR think CK can help in the POs they will sign him if able to and play him . The keeping his ELC eligibility for one more year to me is a small market or cash poor teams thing not the NYR .
This type of mentality reminds me of when Tampa Bay Rays wanted to demote Longoria to AAA even though he was killing major league pitching in preseason and dominating AAA to keep his rights longer .

Old
03-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Most players enjoy hockey, at any level, and play with a certain level of enthusiasm.
True, but he didn't look very enthused.

Old
03-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Dorado*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
True, but he didn't look very enthused.
His GF was mad at him for thinking of signing and becoming an instant millionaire .....

Old
03-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I have plenty to say about Kreider's game on the ice and where it lacks, but you're not going to see me going after the kid for staying for his degree.

Anyone crucifying Hagelin for doing the smart thing? Admittedly Michigan is a better program than Boston College, but there is nothing wrong with staying for a degree. Chris if anything deserves additional credit for taking extra courses to graduate in 3 years.

Old
03-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Jacques Strap

Hey, what do you guys think of Glenn Anderson as a Kreider comparison. I'm not saying he will be as good as Anderson but style wise. Big, fast, good shot, drives the net. Maybe, Glenn Anderson lite? I would definitely be happy with that.

Old
03-06-2012, 11:57 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Strap View Post
Hey, what do you guys think of Glenn Anderson as a Kreider comparison. I'm not saying he will be as good as Anderson but style wise. Big, fast, good shot, drives the net. Maybe, Glenn Anderson lite? I would definitely be happy with that.
Anderson was A LOT meaner than Kreider

Old
03-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Dorado*

Quote:
Not bad .
Jeff Carter maybe but a faster skater

Old
03-06-2012, 12:02 PM
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan

Quote:
Admittedly Michigan is a better program than Boston College.
in terms of schooling or hockey?

Old
03-06-2012, 12:06 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
If the NYR think CK can help in the POs they will sign him if able to and play him . The keeping his ELC eligibility for one more year to me is a small market or cash poor teams thing not the NYR .
This type of mentality reminds me of when Tampa Bay Rays wanted to demote Longoria to AAA even though he was killing major league pitching in preseason and dominating AAA to keep his rights longer .
Not the same thing. The money is meaningless. But the cap hit isn't. It may not end up mattering because he may not earn a big, long-term contract anyway, but if he lights it up, it would be nice to have him on a cheap contract for that extra year.

Either way, I'll defer to Rangers management in this case. If they feel like he is ready and can contribute, then I have no problem with burning the year.

Old
03-06-2012, 12:08 PM
mullichicken25

estiamting a prospects future performance is such a futile exercise, however, this is how i go about it.

I take my own intial uneducated homer knee-jerk guess at what their production could "totally be in a couple years" and scale it back using a "realism factor" of about 25%

Krieder: 30 Goals, 70 points ----(realism factor)----> 23 goals, 53 points

Old
03-06-2012, 12:11 PM
CapeShamrock

Quote:
CK will most likely be among the fastest skaters every game he plays at the next level. He does not have slick hands only raw speed & size, can play with NHL grit and has a poweful, quick NHL ready snap shot. Don't expect him to ever attempt to slow down the play and hold the puck waiting for an exchange. He will always work toward the net with great speed and at 220 he is to be reckoned with. I see comparison to the size, speed and his potential craziness to Oveckin. Of course OV also has proven slick hands and bangs anything at any time (CK does not). But I can't ignore the comparison of size & speed & reckless abandon heading to toward the net firing that the puck with a powerful release. Big jump in his legs with tons of energy.

Closed Thread