HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Chris Botta on Chris Kreider (All Kreider discussion)

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2012, 05:10 PM
Jim Ramsay

vCash: 500
I really don't see Torts giving any playing time to Kreider in the playoffs. Even if BC gets eliminated soon and Kreider gets some time with the Rangers I highly doubt it will be anything more than 3 minutes of ice time on the fourth line.

Torts is a coach that really emphasizes players going through the "process" and I would honestly be SHOCKED to see him anywhere near the top 6. Only maybe if the rangers can't generate any scoring in the playoffs he might get desperate and give him a shot.

I think there are going to be many people on this forum disappointed when Kreider doesn't get a lick of ice time this season.

Old
03-22-2012, 05:32 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerfan View Post
Seriously, if Kreider pulls some garbage and goes back to college again I would just trade his ass in the offseason.
You're entitled to this...opinion. But thank whatever god I dont believe in that you have no influence on anything ranger related. Similarly thank god this opinion seems to be in the minority on this board. Even when some people attacked McD most were defending him and preaching patience/sanity.

ANyway came to say theyw ere discussing Kreider and this situation on NHL Live just now but I missed most of what they said. They seemed to think it was up to the rangers and that he would def want to sign.

Old
03-23-2012, 04:57 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Kreider interview with a local Massachusetts paper

Quote:
What gives this team a better chance than last yearís to make a deep tournament run?

If I was to put my hands on one thing, last year we were very skilled but we didnít always play Ďhonest hockey,í as coaches like to say. We relied on that skill. This year, weíve got a lot of balance and weíre playing that honest hockey, but itís a finicky thing. We just have to keep playing like that.
Sounds like the Rangers team.

Quote:
You play at the point quite a bit on the power play ó how do you like that role?

Iíve been playing there a little while now, probably four or five games into the back end of the season. Itís something I played in high school, so Iíve got relative comfort back there. I keep it pretty simple, I just try to wrist it down. Iím not trying to make nice passes through the box and set guys up for tap-ins.
http://www.wickedlocal.com/middleton...#axzz1pvsZKvo8

Old
03-23-2012, 05:07 AM
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
You're entitled to this...opinion. But thank whatever god I dont believe in that you have no influence on anything ranger related. Similarly thank god this opinion seems to be in the minority on this board. Even when some people attacked McD most were defending him and preaching patience/sanity.

ANyway came to say theyw ere discussing Kreider and this situation on NHL Live just now but I missed most of what they said. They seemed to think it was up to the rangers and that he would def want to sign.
Is NHL that the same show as NHL tonight? If that's the case I will watch it when it's on air here in Sweden.

Last edited by EuroFlair: 03-23-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old
03-23-2012, 06:16 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

I saw that NHL Live segment. Barry Melrose is broadcasting NCAA games this weekend. He is an employee of the NHL Network too. EJ Hradek and Bill Pidto were asking him about the future NHL players in the NCAA. Which is the best pro prospect in each bracket? Melrose said Kreider is the best prospect in the Northeast bracket. Reilly Smith of Miami and Nick Bjustad of Minnesota in their brackets. He was on a cell and you couldn't make out the 4th prospect.

Old
03-23-2012, 06:34 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Kreider interview with a local Massachusetts paper

Sounds like the Rangers team.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/middleton...#axzz1pvsZKvo8
I always liked the way he interviews. He's not really a cliche parrot. He's honest and well spoken.

Old
03-23-2012, 06:45 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Top 4 Seeds in 1st Round NCAA Hockey Championship were 12-0 from '03-'05. The last 3 years the four #1 seeds have gone 6-6
https://twitter.com/#!/Buccigross/st...55167200419840

The tournament begins today at 3pm.

Getting back to the NHL Live NCAA talk. Melrose,Hradek and Pidto didn't know where the school Ferris State is located. Melrose said it's somewhere in the midwest. Its in Michigan.

Old
03-23-2012, 07:20 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Is the whole tourny on ESPNU or are some games on NBCSN?

Old
03-23-2012, 07:44 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

There is a link to the TV schedule in here. 3 of the 4 games are on ESPNU today. The other is on ESPN3 and its on tape dalay sometime late tonight or tomorrow. BC is on ESPNU tomorrow afternoon. Northeast regional final is on Sunday night at 8pm. ESPNU. Picked BC last year and they lost in the 1st round so go BC. Picked Wisconsin in 2010. They lost to BC. Go BC.

Old
03-23-2012, 07:46 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

ESPN3 is on the ESPN site. If your internet provider has a contract with ESPN,you can see the games.

Old
03-23-2012, 07:59 AM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
I saw that NHL Live segment. Barry Melrose is broadcasting NCAA games this weekend. He is an employee of the NHL Network too. EJ Hradek and Bill Pidto were asking him about the future NHL players in the NCAA. Which is the best pro prospect in each bracket? Melrose said Kreider is the best prospect in the Northeast bracket. Reilly Smith of Miami and Nick Bjustad of Minnesota in their brackets. He was on a cell and you couldn't make out the 4th prospect.
Bjugstad is the best prospect in hockey. Melrose is becoming the Mel Kipa Junya of hockey.

Old
03-23-2012, 08:25 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Bjugstad is the best prospect in hockey. Melrose is becoming the Mel Kipa Junya of hockey.
Bjugstad is NOT the best prospect in hockey.

Old
03-23-2012, 08:47 AM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Bjugstad is NOT the best prospect in hockey.
Who do you think is?

Old
03-23-2012, 09:06 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Who do you think is?
There's so many to choose from:

Huberdeau
Kuznetzov
Granlund
Coyle
Zininajad

To name a few are all better than Bjustad, an I'm probably missing a bunch.

03-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Ramsay View Post
I really don't see Torts giving any playing time to Kreider in the playoffs. Even if BC gets eliminated soon and Kreider gets some time with the Rangers I highly doubt it will be anything more than 3 minutes of ice time on the fourth line.

Torts is a coach that really emphasizes players going through the "process" and I would honestly be SHOCKED to see him anywhere near the top 6. Only maybe if the rangers can't generate any scoring in the playoffs he might get desperate and give him a shot.

I think there are going to be many people on this forum disappointed when Kreider doesn't get a lick of ice time this season.
You have a point although I'm just really excited because I think Kreider is going to put us over the top this year.

Old
03-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
There is a link to the TV schedule in here. 3 of the 4 games are on ESPNU today. The other is on ESPN3 and its on tape dalay sometime late tonight or tomorrow. BC is on ESPNU tomorrow afternoon. Northeast regional final is on Sunday night at 8pm. ESPNU. Picked BC last year and they lost in the 1st round so go BC. Picked Wisconsin in 2010. They lost to BC. Go BC.
Thanks. Union is playing Michigan State right now. I wanna watch Cornell vs Michigan, that should be a great game.

Old
03-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
Thanks. Union is playing Michigan State right now. I wanna watch Cornell vs Michigan, that should be a great game.
Michigan State got hosed,otherwise Union would be doing their typical NCAA tourney choke job.

Last year Kinkaid carried them all game, but couldn't hang on at then end. Union runs a 25% + PP in the regular season and yet never manages to get it done when the stakes are highest.

Maybe this is the year they make an impact though. Who knows.

03-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Michigan State got hosed,otherwise Union would be doing their typical NCAA tourney choke job.

Last year Kinkaid carried them all game, but couldn't hang on at then end. Union runs a 25% + PP in the regular season and yet never manages to get it done when the stakes are highest.

Maybe this is the year they make an impact though. Who knows.
Yea, Michigan State got robbed. That was a clear cut goal. Refs ****ed up big time.

Old
03-23-2012, 03:07 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Union coach Rick Bennett is a former Ranger. He was supposed to be a power forward but it didn't happen.

Old
03-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

While we're on the subject, St. Lawrence has claim to both Pierre McGuire, who was an assistant coach for us immediately after SLU came a crossbar away from winning the 1988 NCAA championship, and Mike Keenan, who played for us in the ate 60's, early 70's.

Old
03-23-2012, 03:36 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Ramsay View Post

I think Torts makes decisions based on individual players ability, hockey IQ and maturity...it's the reason Stepan didn't go through the "process", if Torts thinks the kid needs to go to the Whale, that's where he'll go, if he thinks he can help the team he'll get his shot with the big club.

Old
03-23-2012, 03:54 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Union coach Rick Bennett is a former Ranger. He was supposed to be a power forward but it didn't happen.
When I fist got married, I was in a hotel in Armonk NY and the guy behind the desk thought I was Rick Bennett

thought I was gonna get comp'd

Had to tell the guy the truth, so I said I was Brian McReynolds instead.

Old
03-23-2012, 06:36 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

LOL Rick Bennett.....scored his 1st (and I think only) NHL goal in a blowout loss to the Devils. I was at that game. I think it went off his ass or something.

Davidson would never shut up about him because he had a strong season at Providence as a hobey baker finalist. The only player I ever heard JD slob more than Bennett was Kloucek. But then again, I guess we all did.

God....Rick Bennett.....awesome, awesome mullett. Google time.

Old
03-23-2012, 06:38 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Yesssssssssss. Yessssssssss. I love it.

Old
03-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Here are the brackets for you folks.

http://www.ncaa.com/sites/default/fi...en_d1_2011.pdf

If BC beats Air Force the next game will be Sunday against the winner of UMaine and Minnesota Duluth. If they win both those games its another 2 weeks until t he Frozen Four.

Closed Thread