HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10,000 Part XXVI - number of fortnights in a year, characters in alphabet

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2012, 04:11 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inub0i View Post
Don't hate!
I actually started watching that in the 5th grade (thank you Adult Swim) and finished a couple of years ago.

it's all cool though.
I got made fun of yesterday because I only like 'serious' anime haha.

Was showed this last weekend O_O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slocal View Post
Whoooooooooooosh.
Wrestling died with the WWF and WCW for me but I still have much love for GI Joe just not live action GI joe.

Old
02-17-2012, 04:17 AM
Inub0i
I will Q

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso Blanca View Post
I got made fun of yesterday because I only like 'serious' anime haha.

Was showed this last weekend O_O.
Ooh nice dude. That's one of my favorites too! I recently finished it.

Pretty gripping and it's pretty gruesome and I'd call it a psychological thriller/horror kind of thing..

Especially since the original source material is pretty trippy itself (Visual Novel for PC). Question Arcs are answered by the Answer Arcs (For Example:First 4 episodes make up a Story Arc. Question Arc: Episodes 1-2. Answer Arc: Ep.3-4). And the series alludes to a "Great Disaster."

Old
02-17-2012, 04:25 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Quote:
Ooh nice dude. That's one of my favorites too! I recently finished it.

Pretty gripping and it's pretty gruesome and I'd call it a psychological thriller/horror kind of thing..

Especially since the original source material is pretty trippy itself (Visual Novel for PC). Question Arcs are answered by the Answer Arcs (For Example:First 4 episodes make up a Story Arc. Question Arc: Episodes 1-2. Answer Arc: Ep.3-4). And the series alludes to a "Great Disaster."
I love gruesome and gore in anime. The First season of Death note was pretty amazing but the rest have been pretty underwhelming. Its hard for me to find anime to get into most of it doesn't have enough violence. I just started Appleseed (i've never seen it before) I really love Shiro****suji (black butler)..

I'm all about stuff like Bleach, DBZ, Cowboy Bebop, Coed Geass, Death Note. Probably more that I can't recall at this point.

Old
02-17-2012, 05:07 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Death Note was ****ing awesome.

Old
02-17-2012, 01:07 PM
CJL182

I was flipping channels and I found Brett Hull on an episode of Scooby Doo from about 10 years ago. Some Soviet player missed an empty net with a high slap shot that cost the team the Emperor's Cup, he was banished to the wilderness, and now he haunts the rink or something...

Old
02-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Death Note's one of the extremely few Anime I've seen. It was my comedy of the year. That was most hilarious **** ever.

Couldn't stop laughing at the "SUPER DRAMATIC WRITING IN MY NOTEBOOK WITH CRAZY EXAGGERATED STROKES OF MY PEN! SOMEHOW FLASHES OF INK FLYING EVERYWHERE TOO"

Old
02-17-2012, 01:26 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Death Note's one of the extremely few Anime I've seen. It was my comedy of the year. That was most hilarious **** ever.

Couldn't stop laughing at the "SUPER DRAMATIC WRITING IN MY NOTEBOOK WITH CRAZY EXAGGERATED STROKES OF MY PEN! SOMEHOW FLASHES OF INK FLYING EVERYWHERE TOO"

I dunno why this reminded me of this, but the first girl I had any kind of serious relationship with was a huge fan of Titanic (as are all women apparently). I never saw it, never wanted to see it, but she literally begged me to watch it with her because she was convinced I would like it and wasn't giving it a chance.

So fine, whatever, we sit down to watch it. I think I made it to the 'spitting' scene before I broke down laughing. I was laughing so godamn hard I was crying. It was quite possibly the most ham-fisted terrible acting/writing I had ever seen (this was before star wars prequels remember!) and the fact that they were trying to take it so seriously... I dunno, I just couldn't help it.

Suffice to say, she was NOT amused.

Old
02-17-2012, 04:15 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Got a chance to go to her lukio's new seniors afterparty (they [2nd year students] celebrate that abi's [3rd year student's] are now gone and that they are now the eldest of the school, tradiotionally the day involves "vanhojen tanssit" [they dance some old **** dances and ****, first infront of the lower school in the day (sort of a last practice) and then infront of their parents at the evening (trivia: I didn't dance back when we had it, I was the announcer for the whole event +I was drunk like now)] +also humialiting the 1st year students during the day [two 2nd year students have one 1st year student as a "slave" and they can do what ever they want with them (nothing too radical thou)] and then at the night "vanhojen jatkot" which is literally "the afterparty of the eldest".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanhojen_tanssit

That wiki article is bull**** thou, back when we had the dance we went to dinner before we danced infront of our parents.

But I don't really know anyone from there so I didn't bother going there. And I'm not really sure when their bus will get back there from Turku, so she is going to the party and some of her friends is going to give a her a lift to my house after that is over.

I had to really concentrate on writing, too much beer.

Old
02-17-2012, 04:30 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
It stinks!

My first response to Soupy was lost in this board's FUBARed state. I'll try again once it doesn't take me 5 minutes to get to each page

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
Old
02-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Inub0i
I will Q

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Habs-Preds trade blew up HF again. It takes ages to load anything.

Old
02-17-2012, 04:45 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by slocal View Post
My first response to Soupy was lost in this board's FUBARed state. I'll try again once it doesn't take me 5 minutes to get to each page
Quote:
Habs-Preds trade blew up HF again. It takes ages to load anything.
Thanls for clearing this up, I thought the boards being so slow had something to do with my intoxicated level.

Old
02-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Mafoofoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I dunno why this reminded me of this, but the first girl I had any kind of serious relationship with was a huge fan of Titanic (as are all women apparently). I never saw it, never wanted to see it, but she literally begged me to watch it with her because she was convinced I would like it and wasn't giving it a chance.

So fine, whatever, we sit down to watch it. I think I made it to the 'spitting' scene before I broke down laughing. I was laughing so godamn hard I was crying. It was quite possibly the most ham-fisted terrible acting/writing I had ever seen (this was before star wars prequels remember!) and the fact that they were trying to take it so seriously... I dunno, I just couldn't help it.

Suffice to say, she was NOT amused.
I've been told that I'm the worst person to watch romantic movies because being an inquisitive person I ask questions like "WHY WOULD HE DO THAT?" "WHAT?" "WAIT HOWD THEY GET OVER THERE?" "WHY ARE THEY DOING THAT?? YOU ARE IN A MINEFIELD. THERE ARE BOMBS STOP DECLARING YOUR LOVE AND GET THE **** OUT OF THERE MAN" "WHY IS HE IN THE RAIN LIKE THAT? GO FIND SOME SHELTER JEEZ" which I guess isn't the point of those movies (then I guess they weren't going for sense), or I start laughing uncontrollably.

Old
02-17-2012, 06:00 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

I know how we can stop Canadian teams trades from breaking the site.

Old
02-17-2012, 06:01 PM
sonticus
Blown Tire

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Got a chance to go to her lukio's new seniors afterparty (they [2nd year students] celebrate that abi's [3rd year student's] are now gone and that they are now the eldest of the school, tradiotionally the day involves "vanhojen tanssit" [they dance some old **** dances and ****, first infront of the lower school in the day (sort of a last practice) and then infront of their parents at the evening (trivia: I didn't dance back when we had it, I was the announcer for the whole event +I was drunk like now)] +also humialiting the 1st year students during the day [two 2nd year students have one 1st year student as a "slave" and they can do what ever they want with them (nothing too radical thou)] and then at the night "vanhojen jatkot" which is literally "the afterparty of the eldest".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanhojen_tanssit

That wiki article is bull**** thou, back when we had the dance we went to dinner before we danced infront of our parents.

But I don't really know anyone from there so I didn't bother going there. And I'm not really sure when their bus will get back there from Turku, so she is going to the party and some of her friends is going to give a her a lift to my house after that is over.

I had to really concentrate on writing, too much beer.
You done good, Soupy. Now go reward yourself with another beer

02-17-2012, 06:07 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonticus View Post
You done good, Soupy. Now go reward yourself with another beer
No.. Just threw up from having too many..

Old
02-17-2012, 08:53 PM
bluefunnel
HFBoards Sponsor

Well, after waiting a couple of weeks(and one OT thread), they marked the Witcher 2 down again at my almost local Wal-Mart. I got it for $16.50.

Also, for anyone who doesn't have them, Amazon has the Mass Effect games on sale. I thought I had The second one from a Steam sale but I was wrong.

Last edited by bluefunnel: 02-17-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old
02-17-2012, 09:40 PM
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
No.. Just threw up from having too many..
HF is the cure, just keep posting.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:41 PM
WTFetus
Most popular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post

You forgot the best part.

Aside from that, yeah Death Note was awesome. The dub is pretty good too (though I watched the series before the dub was released).
Well, it was awesome until

Spoil:
L died

Then the show was kinda mediocre.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Inub0i
I will Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
You forgot the best part.

Aside from that, yeah Death Note was awesome. The dub is pretty good too (though I watched the series before the dub was released).
Well, it was awesome until

Spoil:
L died

Then the show was kinda mediocre.
Mellow and Near got nothing on L

Old
02-17-2012, 10:36 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

I tried like 2 episodes of Death Note. it didn't grab me, and I moved on. But then again, in all my TV I tend to me more about fun than drama or atmosphere or anything like that, so it doesn't surprise me that Death Note wasn't in my wheelhouse.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
02-17-2012, 10:38 PM
WTFetus
Most popular

New HunterxHunter is awesome.

Old
02-17-2012, 10:42 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

I hate you guys, my ex made me watch the entire death note in one sitting. It was painful.

Old
02-17-2012, 11:47 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
It stinks!

Anyone watch Tokko? I found it to be quite good at scaring the crap outta me. It's a shame that so many Japanese series are intentionally short, but I suppose that keeps them from getting stale.

That reminds me that I made the mistake of thinking that Mezzo Forte, the OVA would match the same feel of the TV series, Mezzo DSA. Boy was I wrong. I really don't know why someone would spend the time drawing each frame of that stuff.

Old
02-18-2012, 12:14 AM
Mafoofoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
I hate you guys, my ex made me watch the entire death note in one sitting. It was painful.
Hahahaha oh ****. My condolences bro.

Old
02-18-2012, 10:53 AM
CJL182

I just had the worst nightmare. I dreamt that DW actually traded Couture straight up for Moore. I tore up a bunch of stuff and then subsequently hunted down DW.

Closed Thread