HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brandon Prust

Old
02-12-2012, 06:21 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Brandon Prust

An upcoming UFA. Anyone think we should try to sign him before the season is out? I'd absolutely hate to lose this guy.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Synergy27

Is he the kind of player that some other team will overpay to lure him away from NYC? The guy seems to like it here, fits in well with his teammates, and is appreciated in his role by both the coach and the fans. He shouldn't be too difficult to resign I don't think. I hope not at least, I absolutely love the guy.

Synergy27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 06:38 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Torts is in love with Brandon Prust and Prust loves this team. He's not going anywhere.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 06:40 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
An upcoming UFA. Anyone think we should try to sign him before the season is out? I'd absolutely hate to lose this guy.
Yes. This is exactly the kind of player small market teams looking to reach the floor overpay for. I am not advocating going overboard on a deal but making a sensible deal before other teams have a chance to throw money at him would definitely be beneficial.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 06:44 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Hell yes! Every time I turn around I hear his name.

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 06:49 PM
useref15

One of my favorite player on the Rangers. I also have his jersey, so I really hope we can lock him up.

useref15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Dorado*

Lives in the W village ,tight with all the guys. I doubt he leaves unless someone offers his some retarded number . He'll get a raise 2.4 for 2 maybe plus incentives perhaps .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 06:55 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
Yes. This is exactly the kind of player small market teams looking to reach the floor overpay for. I am not advocating going overboard on a deal but making a sensible deal before other teams have a chance to throw money at him would definitely be beneficial.
Not sure if you were serious but do you really think a team is gonna overpay Brandon Prust? I love the guy but he's not the kind of player a team ovr pays for to get to the cap floor. Nobody is gonna offer him that much money.

JoeRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 06:55 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
Is he the kind of player that some other team will overpay to lure him away from NYC? The guy seems to like it here, fits in well with his teammates, and is appreciated in his role by both the coach and the fans. He shouldn't be too difficult to resign I don't think. I hope not at least, I absolutely love the guy.
Money talks.

He'll stay a Ranger, though. Maybe something like 2 or 3 years for 2 mill per or so? I don't know.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 06:57 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Money talks.

He'll stay a Ranger, though. Maybe something like 2 or 3 years for 2 mill per or so? I don't know.
$2M? Certainly not per year.

Very good role player, tough as nails, excellent fighter, and great in the room — I could see 2 years, $2.5M ($1.25M per). Could see a modified NTC in there too, to be honest.

02-12-2012, 06:57 PM
frankthefrowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers View Post
Not sure if you were serious but do you really think a team is gonna overpay Brandon Prust? I love the guy but he's not the kind of player a team ovr pays for to get to the cap floor. Nobody is gonna offer him that much money.
I think by overpay he means by like a million. A million to them is help getting to the cap floor. A million to us means keeps MDZ and Stepan... Its gonna get dicey after 2012 and we have a very tight rope to walk.

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Torts is in love with Brandon Prust and Prust loves this team. He's not going anywhere.
Ditto! The Pruster has the Ranger emblem emblazened across his hairy chest.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

His credentials are less impressive than Rupps, and we won a bidding war over Rupp at 4 years 1.5 per.

I'd be happy to give Prust that same deal.

02-12-2012, 07:01 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
I think by overpay he means by like a million. A million to them is help getting to the cap floor. A million to us means keeps MDZ and Stepan... Its gonna get dicey after 2012 and we have a very tight rope to walk.
Even that I don't see. Don't see anyone offering him 2.25 million per just to get to the floor.

Old
02-12-2012, 07:02 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
$2M? Certainly not per year.

Very good role player, tough as nails, excellent fighter, and great in the room I could see 2 years, $2.5M ($1.25M per). Could see a modified NTC in there too, to be honest.
Yeah, I realized that was way too much after posting that lol.

Not usually good with contract numbers. That seems about right.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Pruster will be back for 2 years 2 mil. Book it.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 07:09 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Yeah, I agree with BB here. Give Prust a NTC but keep the money low. We want Prust and he wants us, but we need to be thrifty with the cap.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 07:23 PM
eco's bones

I think Prust is worth more than $1 mil per and he's already 27. His NHL shelf life might only be another 5 or 6 years. From his point of view--he might want to set himself up for the time when it's all over. I'm kind of thinking $1.25 mil per for 2 years. $1.4 mil per for 3 years and do it before other teams even can think about him as an option.

He's not going to put up a lot of points but he can't be taken for granted either. He's very good defensively and an excellent pk'er. He sticks up for his teammates every time and he's a great fighter for his size. Prust as a player has a package of attributes. Not a single dimension guy. IMO Slats needs to talk to his agent ASAP.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 07:27 PM
MSG the place to be*

Max Talbot says helllllllooooooooooooo

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

I feel he's going to play a HUGE part in our challenge for the cup. A HUMONGOUS BIG part

Krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Dorado*

Prust , knows the game very well , is fundamentally very sound despite his pugilistic ways . While he will never get super rich from hockey with FU money as a player I can see him working for NHL net or somewhere down the line or as a coach . He's a sharp dresser well spoken and a good looking dude he'll be up there with Weekes one day

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 07:59 PM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I think Prust is worth more than $1 mil per and he's already 27. His NHL shelf life might only be another 5 or 6 years. From his point of view--he might want to set himself up for the time when it's all over. I'm kind of thinking $1.25 mil per for 2 years. $1.4 mil per for 3 years and do it before other teams even can think about him as an option.
A player like Prust, you shouldn't even think about beyond 2 years. His shoulders are already falling apart, and the type of beating his style of play takes, you do your absolute best to take players like him year to year.

The idea that Prust's of the world will last until 33 in a cap world, in my opinion at least, will not pan out. This league is geared for players who are younger, faster, and w/ far less physical damage in the bottom 6.

Love the player, love the personality, but one must not fall in love w/ past production when evaluating a player and his contribution to the team in future years.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 08:05 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers View Post
Yes, I was. His signing may not be THE deal that gets a team there but is one of a few. It does happen. If a team can afford to offer more, any player is going to consider it, just a matter of whether they end up signing.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 08:10 PM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Yes, I was. His signing may not be THE deal that gets a team there but is one of a few. It does happen. If a team can afford to offer more, any player is going to consider it, just a matter of whether they end up signing.
Less of a worry compared to if Brandon Prust put up last year's scoring numbers in his UFA year, but a player like Prust is only 1 really good playoffs away from a stupid Joel Ward contract.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2012, 08:15 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
I'm not so worried that I think he needs to be signed before the season is over. If it cost an extra $200k-$300K more by waiting so be it.