HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Garrioch: Sabres want to move Regehr?

Old
02-13-2012, 08:53 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
It's possible. Is it true, who knows
It's also possible that Catherine Zeta Jones is going to come over and cook me breakfast tomorrow, and help me pick out a tuxedo for my upcoming wedding with Zooey Deschanel.

Who knows.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Beerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckish66 View Post
Why? Because he didn't tow the Sabres party line?

Are we so insecure as fans that we have to demonize out of town media who disagree with us?

IMHO, he was spot on about Golisano's letter to Bettman. That was an embarrassment to the franchise.

Are you that insecure...... that you can not say one positive thing about this Organization? ..

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 09:03 PM
gallagt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckish66 View Post
Why? Because he didn't tow the Sabres party line?

Are we so insecure as fans that we have to demonize out of town media who disagree with us?

IMHO, he was spot on about Golisano's letter to Bettman. That was an embarrassment to the franchise.
Considering that five seasons later, the league is completely cutting down on hits targeting the head, I disagree.

No, I'm not implying that Golisano's letter from five years ago was a factor in the league's cracking down. I am saying that it certainly helped generate more league-wide awareness.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 09:05 PM
gallagt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
It's also possible that Catherine Zeta Jones is going to come over and cook me breakfast tomorrow, and help me pick out a tuxedo for my upcoming wedding with Zooey Deschanel.

Who knows.
Sounds like you've got yourself an (e3).

Old
02-13-2012, 09:32 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:

Who knows.
Regehr being moved out is not that far fetched at all. As has been pointed out, he might be very agreeable to it. It would mean zilch to other guys coming to Buffalo, they're mostly mercenaries. Pay enough, they come. Regehr had no other way out of Calgary that Flames would accept. If he stayed, he knows he's not wanted.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 10:55 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Are you that insecure...... that you can not say one positive thing about this Organization? ..
Careful there.... He reads into things and is very accurate when he does

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:06 PM
nivek
Rookie User

I don't think we'll move Regehr, but if an offer is to be entertained, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

It's obvious he's not the same defenseman he was in Calgary, and it's identical to the move that brought Craig Rivet here in 2008. We lacked a physical presence on the blue-line, so we went out and got an older defenseman who was rugged in his hey day.

Nothing against Regehr...he's still decent, but he's been very mediocre compared to the expectations the fanbase and myself have placed upon him. Thankfully, with Brayden McNabb in the system, we shouldn't rush out for another one once Regehr's offer expires.

Also, I would move guys like Sekera and Leopold before Regehr, seeing how we have too-many puck carrying defenseman that aren't very bruising.

nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:31 PM
zbubble

Two weeks ago the general consensus was any Sabre not named Vanek, Myers, or Pominville was available for trade. A handful of wins shouldn't change that. Regehr is nothing more than an asset on a team that's not going anywhere this year, and probably isn't going anywhere next year unless other drastic changes take place. No harm in kicking the can to see what turns up.

zbubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:40 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Eichel welcome 2 BUF

If I was offered a late first for Regehr I would trade him in a heartbeat.We got Robyn AND a 2nd for Byron & Butler two fringe NHLers, anything else is gravy considering we won the trade from the top 40 pick alone

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2012, 11:47 PM
gallagt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbubble View Post
Two weeks ago the general consensus was any Sabre not named Vanek, Myers, or Pominville was available for trade. A handful of wins shouldn't change that. Regehr is nothing more than an asset on a team that's not going anywhere this year, and probably isn't going anywhere next year unless other drastic changes take place. No harm in kicking the can to see what turns up.
There is a difference between entertaining offers for a player and actively shopping him. I don't think anyone here denies that they would field offers for him - he can be had. The dispute with Garrioch's report is that it's unlikely they're trying to "get rid of him."

Old
02-14-2012, 01:52 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post
Move Sekera and you open a spot for McNabb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres57 View Post
Why? If you're so hung up on making room for McNabb, just move Leopold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethianSabre20 View Post
Uh, no.

Move Weber or Leopold if you want a spot for McNabb. Sekera has been great.
If the Sabres move a defenseman before next fall to free up a top 6 spot for McNabb, it would be, in order, a) Gragnani; b) Weber (especially if Ruff remains the coach); or c) Leopold. Weber is a less talented version of McNabb and whatever value his physicality brought has now been replaced two-fold by McNabb. Leopold may stick but, with 1 year left on his deal, he may also hold the most marketability in terms of what the Sabres could get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970 View Post
Just thought i'd throw this out there, several reporters are reporting tonight that Columbus is making Rick Nash available.... wasn't a "Nash being available", with NYR interested, in the same Garrioch column about Regehr and Goose on Sunday...?
Yet, the 3 most respected media guys around by most people's view - McKenzie, Dreger and LeBrun - all dismissed not only the rumor that Nash is being shopped but also the wisdom of such a hypothetical deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Bruce shotguns things out as he hears them, which is in many ways how Ek operates, though Eklund's "sources" seem to be mostly agents and player reps who have their own agendas regarding generating or gauging interest in their clients.
More often than not, anything Eklund posts as a rumor is either a report / interview by another journalist / media member that was published 2-3 days earlier or some concocted theory of his that ignores the actual logic of what each team needs.

Quote:
It's possible. Is it true, who knows
Paul Hamilton said it best - the chances of Miro Satan and Dominik Hasek coming back to play for the Sabres are greater than the chances the Sabres trade Regehr. Landing the player in the summer wasn't just about getting Regehr in particular but just as much about getting an established, respected player to waive his NTC to come to Buffalo. Pegula, Black, Regier and Ruff have all celebrated that aspect over and over again when describing what they want to accomplish in making Buffalo a destination. Even if they considered Regehr's play so far as disappointing (which it hasn't been), asking him to accept a trade less than a year after convincing him to come to Buffalo would throw every single PR gain that Pegula has won out the window.

Quote:
Regehr being moved out is not that far fetched at all.
Yes, it is - for all of the reasons cited.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 05:57 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Which is where he gets into trouble and guys like Lebrun and McKenzie trump him most of the time: they have a better sense of timing and delivery. Bruce shotguns things out as he hears them, which is in many ways how Ek operates, though Eklund's "sources" seem to be mostly agents and player reps who have their own agendas regarding generating or gauging interest in their clients.
Are you trying to say that eklund is even remotely legit? I thought you had better sense then that. Shame on you.

HiddenInLight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 06:12 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Regehr being moved out is not that far fetched at all. As has been pointed out, he might be very agreeable to it. It would mean zilch to other guys coming to Buffalo, they're mostly mercenaries. Pay enough, they come. Regehr had no other way out of Calgary that Flames would accept. If he stayed, he knows he's not wanted.
Yes. It. Is.

Organizations don't put on a full court press to convince a guy to waive a no trade, then ship him out inside a calendar year.

It's not happening. He's not being shopped. He's not demanding a trade. This is not Fun Time Xbox NHL Land.

Old
02-14-2012, 07:12 AM
indigoo

vCash: 672
Quote:
Yes. It. Is.

Organizations don't put on a full court press to convince a guy to waive a no trade, then ship him out inside a calendar year.

It's not happening. He's not being shopped. He's not demanding a trade. This is not Fun Time Xbox NHL Land.
Exactly, especially with the position of loyalty and "family" mindset Regier holds.

indigoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 07:27 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:

Who knows.
Tell your fiancee she was really cute in Yes Man. Thanks.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:22 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
Are you trying to say that eklund is even remotely legit? I thought you had better sense then that. Shame on you.
No, the point is that both do the same thing, one doing it from what he hears at the rink, the other doing it from what he gets from agents. The guy isn't RIGHT most of the time, that doesn't mean there aren't some people who do actually dump him some info since he treats it like a gossip column and has no issue being wrong with the outcome 99% of the time.

And 'tip, everyone takes things from other sources, some of them give credit to the source. Some (like Bucky, Brooks, Garrioch, or Ek) do not.

02-14-2012, 02:29 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Yes. It. Is.

How do you know? Has he been asked this question by anyone in the media?

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:34 PM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

Quote:
How do you know? Has he been asked this question by anyone in the media?
Like that would matter.

Ryan Miller has vocally said he doesn't want to leave that didn't quell the "Miller wants to move to SoCal" rumors.....

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 02:53 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
Like that would matter.

Ryan Miller has vocally said he doesn't want to leave that didn't quell the "Miller wants to move to SoCal" rumors.....
Or the "He's gonna sign in Detroit" rumors.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 03:27 PM
MLH

Is it really that unrealistic to think that Regehr may not be enjoying his time here? It's not like this season has been a joy. It seems pretty obvious that he's going to go back to Calgary after his career is over. Maybe he wants to spend the next year and a half on a team that's going to actually contend and isn't full of fairies. It's not like he was head over heels about coming to Buffalo in the first place.

Garrioch is normally full of crap, but all of this nonsense about how Pegula had to personally convince him to accept a trade to Buffalo somehow equates to him never wanting to be traded ever is laughable.

MLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 03:33 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLH View Post
Is it really that unrealistic to think that Regehr may not be enjoying his time here? It's not like this season has been a joy. It seems pretty obvious that he's going to go back to Calgary after his career is over. Maybe he wants to spend the next year and a half on a team that's going to actually contend and isn't full of fairies. It's not like he was head over heels about coming to Buffalo in the first place.

Garrioch is normally full of crap, but all of this nonsense about how Pegula had to personally convince him to accept a trade to Buffalo somehow equates to him never wanting to be traded ever is laughable.
If he didn't want to come to Buffalo, he wouldn't have waived his no trade.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:40 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
No way they move him, he is part of the solution not the problem..

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2012, 09:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to 1970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Yet, the 3 most respected media guys around by most people's view - McKenzie, Dreger and LeBrun - all dismissed not only the rumor that Nash is being shopped but also the wisdom of such a hypothetical deal.
And... what are these 3 media heads have to say today about Nash... ?

1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 02:50 AM
detroitfan83

Sounds great... lets move them both and get some better players in here.

detroitfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 09:31 AM
MLH

Quote:
If he didn't want to come to Buffalo, he wouldn't have waived his no trade.
You're just consistently intentionally pedantic so I'm not sure why I'm bothering, but...

Waiving his no trade clause and being "head over heels" to come to Buffalo are not one and the same. Obviously. He made it no secret that it wasn't an easy choice and one he made reluctantly. He could regret it.

Even being "head over heels" to come to Buffalo wouldn't equate to automatic happiness in Buffalo after a miserable 50 game stretch. Especially with a punch of pansy teammates many of which that have a dedication to the game that is questionable at best.

It's true that we're not going to ask Regehr to take a trade if he's happy here. But it's not unrealistic that he wouldn't mind leaving this dumpster fire and has intimated as much in his regular meetings with Ruff.

MLH is offline   Reply With Quote