HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Garrioch: Sabres want to move Regehr?

Old
02-15-2012, 01:17 PM
HogtownSabresfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLH View Post
You're just consistently intentionally pedantic so I'm not sure why I'm bothering, but...

Waiving his no trade clause and being "head over heels" to come to Buffalo are not one and the same. Obviously. He made it no secret that it wasn't an easy choice and one he made reluctantly. He could regret it.

Even being "head over heels" to come to Buffalo wouldn't equate to automatic happiness in Buffalo after a miserable 50 game stretch. Especially with a punch of pansy teammates many of which that have a dedication to the game that is questionable at best.

It's true that we're not going to ask Regehr to take a trade if he's happy here. But it's not unrealistic that he wouldn't mind leaving this dumpster fire and has intimated as much in his regular meetings with Ruff.
Exactly. To say it's impossible he'll be traded is just nuts. There are so many factors we know nothing about, his family, a team coming to Buffalo checking out whether he could be moved. These things are so fluid to say it can't happen and there's no chance is absurd. Reporters cover this stuff cause it's good fodder but they rarely get 100% right because any deal can evolve.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
Exactly. To say it's impossible he'll be traded is just nuts. There are so many factors we know nothing about, his family, a team coming to Buffalo checking out whether he could be moved. These things are so fluid to say it can't happen and there's no chance is absurd. Reporters cover this stuff cause it's good fodder but they rarely get 100% right because any deal can evolve.
Well, of course we can't know with 100% certainty one way or the other. On the spectrum indicating the probability Regehr gets traded, though, I think most would float it toward the "0" end. What appears to be Garrioch's humorously uneducated guessing probably doesn't change that.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
I agree that it seems unlikely, but that does not mean it would be impossible to see it happening. I could see a couple of the top-end contending teams being damned interested in a shutdown guy who plays a take-no-prisoners game, hits to hurt, and blocks a ton of shots. Is he interested in going? Who knows? The impausible part would be that Regier is looking to move Regehr independant of other factors.

02-15-2012, 04:28 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLH View Post
You're just consistently intentionally pedantic so I'm not sure why I'm bothering, but...

Waiving his no trade clause and being "head over heels" to come to Buffalo are not one and the same. Obviously. He made it no secret that it wasn't an easy choice and one he made reluctantly. He could regret it.

Even being "head over heels" to come to Buffalo wouldn't equate to automatic happiness in Buffalo after a miserable 50 game stretch. Especially with a punch of pansy teammates many of which that have a dedication to the game that is questionable at best.

It's true that we're not going to ask Regehr to take a trade if he's happy here. But it's not unrealistic that he wouldn't mind leaving this dumpster fire and has intimated as much in his regular meetings with Ruff.
Lots of words. Doesn't mean much though. Regehr could have simply said 'You know what, I don't want to go to Buffalo. If you want to trade me, find another team.' Simple as that. Calgary gave him that power with the NMC, and he had every right to exercise it. He didn't. He decided 'Ok, I'll come to Buffalo'.

Maybe he's not enjoying his time here because the team has sucked. That certainly hasn't come out from any reputable sources connected to Regehr and the team.

Besides, does anyone really think that Regehr, who has repeatedly cited his family as important to him, would have moved them across the continent to demand he be moved again midseason?

You guys can believe the tripe from Garrioch, and make up all these hairbrained theories about what a player you've never spoken to is thinking all you want.

I'll stick with the facts in front of me.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Lots of words. Doesn't mean much though. Regehr could have simply said 'You know what, I don't want to go to Buffalo. If you want to trade me, find another team.' Simple as that. Calgary gave him that power with the NMC, and he had every right to exercise it. He didn't. He decided 'Ok, I'll come to Buffalo'.

Maybe he's not enjoying his time here because the team has sucked. That certainly hasn't come out from any reputable sources connected to Regehr and the team.

Besides, does anyone really think that Regehr, who has repeatedly cited his family as important to him, would have moved them across the continent to demand he be moved again midseason?

You guys can believe the tripe from Garrioch, and make up all these hairbrained theories about what a player you've never spoken to is thinking all you want.

I'll stick with the facts in front of me.

Stories and Rumors like these remind me of all the conspiracy theories floating around the internet ...especially the 9/11 Inside job ones...

They don't need proof for them to take off ..they just need to create doubt in the conventional thinking by posing questions that can not realistically be answered.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote